It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Do you use male public restrooms? If so, do you use the urinals? Three men standing next to each other using urinals is not peeing in front of a stranger in a public place?

But really, stop comparing waste elimination in public to breastfeeding. Because they are NOT THE SAME THING. At all.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Ooh touchy aren't you!

Yes, we are in fact talking about why prudes like yourself are scared of boobies, as well as boobies that are breastfeeding.

Care to explain why you think a woman's chest is privaye parts but a man's chest is not?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Ooh touchy aren't you!

Yes, we are in fact talking about why prudes like yourself are scared of boobies, as well as boobies that are breastfeeding.

Care to explain why you think a woman's chest is privaye parts but a man's chest is not?

Because they make his winkie do weird things.
edit on 3-2-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Doesn't bother me either. Goat milk and human milk are genetically the closest. When my son had spitting up issues, I gave him goat milk.

You are exactly right, spoiled rich people don't have a clue what people in poverty stricken areas have to do to get by.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

News flash bud... IMO it's also offensive to see them up on a stage dancing for money... I love breast as much as the next man but I don't want to see a kid hanging off them when I'm trotting around town.

So now we know what your problem is, you lack the capacity to understand the difference between the breast for nourishing purposes then for sexual purposes.

No wonder you are so bitter and confused.

And I don't look the other way... In fact I might stop and take a picture to post on FB so I can hear all you freaks call me out there too... If you don't want a picture taken then go do that crap in private...

I wouldn't want someone taking a picture of me for personal uses, period. And only pedophiles take pictures of babies that are not their own to post.
edit on 3-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Actually the fact is I have morals and respect for myself. I understand the difference between nourishing purposes and sexual... I'm not an idiot... I just have opinions... I'm not bitter and a very happy, nor am I confused. I do not care for exotic dancing establishments so that makes me confused... Weak argument...

And I would only take a picture to prove the point to the person that they are exposing themselves... Since when am I not allowed to look at something that is blatantly is my rang of vision?

It's the same thing I say to people if were to tell me to stop staring when they wear cut shorts and a half shirt... You don't want the attention then don't expose yourself to get it...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Except none of those actions are sanitary. Natural, yes, Sanitary no.
But if you want to poop in your own kitchen because its natural, be my guest.

Let me know when your kidneys shut down from e. coli poisoning so I can send you a get well card.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

[
Public breastfeeding is as natural as me eating a sanwich for lunch on a park bench.

Having a crap is as natural as breast feeding but we don't do it in public, therefore, the argument that because it's natural it's okay in public is void. I don't mind it simply because to me it's not offensive, not because it's natural,, it's just a Mother feeding her baby and if anyone's too prudish to allow it then don't frigging look, do you think that Mother wants you looking at her anyway?

link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by Garfee

So is some woman breastfeeding in public.

I just dont think its appropriate. Not in public or on facebook.

It's actually one of the most natural things modern people still do. Young mothers used to have to escape to a bathroom every time they were out with baby. In the 80's La Leche League made it very vogue to breastfeed out in the open. You're behind the times now Uber, the 50's era of using sterilized bottles is over.

link   

reply to post by Garfee

If FB wants to be fair, then they can't show men shirtless either.

Men do not have private parts above the hip... educate yourself...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Ahhhh - No,it's not.... It has only been recently that "public breast feeding" has become a hot topic - PC Not here, Nobody should have to witness this - It's not like a tv or radio where you can turn the channel - Breasts in Public, regardless of what they are doing with them is illegal.... Public nudity no matter for what reason for anyone in the US is illegall - MHO = If you can't feed your baby at home then A) that's not my problem B) it's illegal and should not be changed and C) I and everyone else don't need to see it........... FEED YOUR CHILD AT HOME - and believe me I love breasts but not this, not out in public - go to a bathroom or stay home - Not like you change the baby's diaper in public so why would anyone think this is OK????

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

[
Public breastfeeding is as natural as me eating a sanwich for lunch on a park bench.

Having a crap is as natural as breast feeding but we don't do it in public, therefore, the argument that because it's natural it's okay in public is void. I don't mind it simply because to me it's not offensive, not because it's natural,, it's just a Mother feeding her baby and if anyone's too prudish to allow it then don't frigging look, do you think that Mother wants you looking at her anyway?

A smart woman will have a little cloth with her and can cover up her breast while baby feeds. I personally wouldn't put my pic of it up on the net, but I see the whole process as natural.
www.llli.org...
www.mothering.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

[
Men do not have private parts above the hip... educate yourself...

Did you lose your nipples in child birth or something? Did they fall off? I've seen some men with bigger jugs than women so when it comes down to it men and women have the same thing, men's without the milk of course but after watching 'Meet The Fockers' there's no need for us men to miss out

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Stop being such a massive arsehole.
For a start I actually wonder if anyone of reproductive age would use a name these days LiKe ThAt unless they just took a day off perving over teenagers in an underage chatroom.
But to regard anyone who chooses to nourish their children in a natural way and their advocates as freaks, then you seriously HAVE to be a'trolling, or need some serious therapy.

Wow here we go again... attacking me for my views and opinions is a waste of time... I have mine and you have yours... I'm not being an arsehole... I'm stating my view... If you don't like it then "DON'T LOOK"

IMO anyone who thinks that it's okay needs therapy and is stuck in a old world we no longer live in...

But I'm not here to bash you on your beliefs... Just to point out mine. So stop being a biotch...

The way I write my screen name is worth attacking and gives reason for you to believe and place me in a category? Getting pretty desperate here...

How much do you charge doctor? Oh you don't have a M.D.? I didn't think so... Therefore what type of education do you have to make such a bold claim?

I await your response... though I doubt there will be one...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

But if you want to poop in your own kitchen because its natural, be my guest.

Don't mind if I do.

But breast milk isn't pure by anymeans, it's a bodily fluid.. HIV and Hep C for instance can be transmitted through breast milk.

Personally, my opinion, I find public breast feeding a sad cry for attention .. I find it pretty ignorant.

link   

Why is it a problem that people don't want to add undue work for themselves when they don't have too. Its not laziness, it is common sense.

Not to mention the cost of bottles, the energy in having to sterilize them and store them. The cost of forumula, that most people don't even know what is in it. When nature already has that all taken care of?

No one said it was a problem... Don't get your facts bent... I said I do not think it's appropriate to be done in public...

Common sense... sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts... Hardly...

Laziness... a disinclination to activity or exertion despite having the ability to do so... BINGO

Like I said use a breast pump if you want to go natural... Organic is the way!!!

link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by A-Dub
I almost want to blame this on religious moral issues.

When on this earth did seeing a human body part that we all have and have all seen many times, become disgusting and offensive to someone is beyond me. Its nature, get over it or dont look.

Perhaps everyone conveniently forgot Baby Jesus would have hung off his ma's boobies too...

Never saw that bit in the bible where the three wise men got shoo'd out of the stable by Joseph though.

"Thanks for the gold, frankincense and myrrh and all that, but sod off now, you aren't looking at Mary's nork's!!!"

Yes , but Mary had a little veil with which to cover herself during the womanly art of breastfeeding

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

News flash bud... IMO it's also offensive to see them up on a stage dancing for money... I love breast as much as the next man but I don't want to see a kid hanging off them when I'm trotting around town.

So now we know what your problem is, you lack the capacity to understand the difference between the breast for nourishing purposes then for sexual purposes.

No wonder you are so bitter and confused.

And I don't look the other way... In fact I might stop and take a picture to post on FB so I can hear all you freaks call me out there too... If you don't want a picture taken then go do that crap in private...

I wouldn't want someone taking a picture of me for personal uses, period. And only pedophiles take pictures of babies that are not their own to post.
edit on 3-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Actually the fact is I have morals and respect for myself. I understand the difference between nourishing purposes and sexual... I'm not an idiot... I just have opinions... I'm not bitter and a very happy, nor am I confused. I do not care for exotic dancing establishments so that makes me confused... Weak argument...

And I would only take a picture to prove the point to the person that they are exposing themselves... Since when am I not allowed to look at something that is blatantly is my rang of vision?

It's the same thing I say to people if were to tell me to stop staring when they wear cut shorts and a half shirt... You don't want the attention then don't expose yourself to get it...

*laughs* obviously it is not a weak arguement since no one has been able to counteract it. You say you can seperate the two, yet the last line of your response clearly shows you can't. Nice try though. Here is a cookie...

There is no law that says you can't take a picture. But the person nursing on the bench has opinions. If you want to take a pic and have your butt beat by a husband or boyfriend, be my guest. But anyone taking pictures of everyday acts to try to prove a point has issues. And breastfeeding isn't exposing yourself. No matter how you try to spin your sad litle point and use words like exposing, it is just nursing.
Besides, you can find those on the net, taken by people who did it voluntarily. you don't need to have to take pictures of strangers.
Why don't you just take pictures of people's babies because they are cute? or of people eating in a restraunt? They are in your range of vision. And let me know how that excuse works out for you.

And here is where you show you can't seperate the acts of everyday nursing from sexual acts.

If someone wears hot pants and a half shirt, they are obviously looking for attention. Most likely that of attractiveness. Which sexual attraction is an adult act only.
Just like people who cover their heads with tattoos and earrings, they are looking for attention.
Nursing is not seeing sexual attention.

Someone nursing a baby which is done 20 times a day to nourish a fragile human being is not seeking attention, they are nursing, that is it.

What a twisted attempt by dissenters to try to paint something that is so beneficial and should be accepted as routine, as a sexual act.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMysteryMan

Thank you... In a world where everyone is complaining about not having privacy people are screaming to have the right to be exposed...

Ironic...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join