It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

as a sexual act

Who said it was sexual? It's just gross. No one wants to see your nasty tits in public. Do it at home. Baby hungry while your away from home? Pump yourself, keep it in a bottle.

So you see how it's a cry for attention? There are numerous alternatives to whipping your boobs out, such as bottling your own milk. So why do it? Because you WANT people to look at you. You'd be pissed off if you were not getting looks, angry frowns, men staring.

Ignorance. That's all I see.
edit on 2/3/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by nixie_nox

But if you want to poop in your own kitchen because its natural, be my guest.

Don't mind if I do.

But breast milk isn't pure by anymeans, it's a bodily fluid.. HIV and Hep C for instance can be transmitted through breast milk.

Personally, my opinion, I find public breast feeding a sad cry for attention .. I find it pretty ignorant.

La Leche Leage would spank you for this. I posted already something from their website on State laws for public breastfeeding. Surprise, yes laws do exist.

Here it is broken down by state

www.mothering.com...

Breastfeeding in public is not one of selfish display, but one of common sense as a mother cannot stay holed up at home for the entire 6 months or so of the activity. (but leave it to a man to not understand this)

Oh and by the way, so a mother has to pump her breast to satisfy your need not to experience the natural act of breastfeeding?

edit on 3-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Humans started wearing clothes because the weather dictated it and we were smart enough to figure out how to make things out of animal skins to keep warm, instead of just burying ourselves in leaves. Go visit a tribe in a rain forest and see how much they wear.

If it were 90+ degrees and humid all year long in America, I'd bet we'd have a completely different perspective of the human body today. No one would want to ever wear clothes.

Fine... then go live in the rain forest if you want to live by their culture... I'm not stopping you...

And according to the Bible, that I don't believe in, Adam and Eve were naked until they broke God's rule and became aware that they were exposed...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Breastfeeding in public is not one of selfish display, but one of common sense as a mother cannot stay holed up at home for the entire 6 months or so of the activity.

Pump it!

Bottle It!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Stop being such a massive arsehole.
For a start I actually wonder if anyone of reproductive age would use a name these days LiKe ThAt unless they just took a day off perving over teenagers in an underage chatroom.
But to regard anyone who chooses to nourish their children in a natural way and their advocates as freaks, then you seriously HAVE to be a'trolling, or need some serious therapy.

Wow here we go again... attacking me for my views and opinions is a waste of time... I have mine and you have yours... I'm not being an arsehole... I'm stating my view... If you don't like it then "DON'T LOOK"

IMO anyone who thinks that it's okay needs therapy and is stuck in a old world we no longer live in...

But I'm not here to bash you on your beliefs... Just to point out mine. So stop being a biotch...

The way I write my screen name is worth attacking and gives reason for you to believe and place me in a category? Getting pretty desperate here...

How much do you charge doctor? Oh you don't have a M.D.? I didn't think so... Therefore what type of education do you have to make such a bold claim?

I await your response... though I doubt there will be one...

Educated enough to know a berk when I see one...Don't need any credentials for that, just eye's. I'm just stating my view of course...
You've done nothing but attack people for their beliefs and lets face it, to ask a woman who has breastfed 3 children not to look at this thread and your highly hilarious comments is a tad silly, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Are we really at the point where we can watch the news with hundreds and thousands of people dying, movies where people are brutally murdered, and many other truly grotesque things, all in front of our children even, but the sight of a mother feeding her child causes uproar? A titty isn't even really a sexual organ, it's entire purpose is nurturing of the child; any sexual connotation is simply the implied idea that it shows that the mother is able to nurture.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
I think these people should be ashamed of themselves. It is very offensive and disgusting that they would display such a thing on facebook.

What?? Ashamed at doing the most natural thing in the world to a mother...

Are you sick in the head?

I am surprised by all the mothers that seem to have no problem with breastfeeding in public.

Why.... they're feeding their baby.
In nature it's perfectly natural, many countries and tribes don't worry about such things.... many tribes wear very few clothes, we are too preoccupied with clothing and decency and fashion in the west.

We are animals.... It's natural to feed your offspring and be comfortable.

Grow up.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

TextAre we really at the point where we can watch the news with hundreds and thousands of people dying, movies where people are brutally murdered, and many other truly grotesque things,

I dont watch that stuff. And if I pass a bad car accident I dont consider it 'human nature' to turn my head. You are all a bunch of weirdo's if you want a mental image like that in your heads.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I agree with facebook on this one. Nothing wrong with breast feeding, but why on earth would you put that on facebook. Darla just had a kid, put on a few, whips out them boulders, straps a kid on and says cheeeeeese! Then says "I want all my friends and family to see me breast feeding!". It says in Facebooks policy you cant do that, so I guess all the pervs here who love seeing a woman breast feed are SOL

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Yeah... so why do women wear shirt then? Breast are sexual PRIVATE parts...

I don't know. Why do we? Why is it acceptable for men to go shirtless? Good question. If women's breasts are sexual PRIVATE parts, then so are men's breasts. Completely hypocritical, if you ask me.

why does the street need to be sanitary?

Um, do you walk around outside? Yeah, that's why. No different than walking by a street filled with trash. BTW, it's illegal to litter, too.

edit on 3-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

How are men's breasts considered private parts? Do you tell your son to water a shirt in the water to swim? When you were teaching your kids about parts of the body did you tell your son his breasts were private?

Of course not... You just want to use it here for this argument...

Yes I walk around outside, but not in the street where cars are. I use a sidewalk or just drive... You show me one street in the USA that is sanitary... and BTW the discussion isn't what the law is...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by Vilkata

TextAre we really at the point where we can watch the news with hundreds and thousands of people dying, movies where people are brutally murdered, and many other truly grotesque things,

I dont watch that stuff. And if I pass a bad car accident I dont consider it 'human nature' to turn my head. You are all a bunch of weirdo's if you want a mental image like that in your heads.

Just because you don't actively watch the news doesn't mean it doesn't exist for other people. I agree, Hollywood has put so many vile images in the public with their movies and tv shows that there's just no question that our ideas of decency are really skewed.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
I almost want to blame this on religious moral issues.

When on this earth did seeing a human body part that we all have and have all seen many times, become disgusting and offensive to someone is beyond me. Its nature, get over it or dont look.

Perhaps everyone conveniently forgot Baby Jesus would have hung off his ma's boobies too...

Never saw that bit in the bible where the three wise men got shoo'd out of the stable by Joseph though.

"Thanks for the gold, frankincense and myrrh and all that, but sod off now, you aren't looking at Mary's nork's!!!"

Sorry I do not believe in the Jesus story but if I did... that was how long ago? EVOLVE....

People also walked miles to get food, did not go to school, did not know how to read or write, and sold siblings for food, but you don't see me dropping out of school, selling off my kids or riding around on camels...
edit on 3-2-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop
I agree with facebook on this one. Nothing wrong with breast feeding, but why on earth would you put that on facebook. Darla just had a kid, put on a few, whips out them boulders, straps a kid on and says cheeeeeese! Then says "I want all my friends and family to see me breast feeding!". It says in Facebooks policy you cant do that, so I guess all the pervs here who love seeing a woman breast feed are SOL

Well funnily enough...A lot of woman who can breastfeed, see it as something to be proud of, not something shameful.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So was just looking (and as I suspected) and in the US you are not protected by the law in private businesses.
So in Saudi Arabia. it's OK to breastfeed and in the US it's frowned upon and prudish losers complain.

*sigh*

If you don't like it, don't look.

It's not difficult... what's your beef?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
I almost want to blame this on religious moral issues.

When on this earth did seeing a human body part that we all have and have all seen many times, become disgusting and offensive to someone is beyond me. Its nature, get over it or dont look.

Perhaps everyone conveniently forgot Baby Jesus would have hung off his ma's boobies too...

Never saw that bit in the bible where the three wise men got shoo'd out of the stable by Joseph though.

"Thanks for the gold, frankincense and myrrh and all that, but sod off now, you aren't looking at Mary's nork's!!!"

Sorry I do not believe in the Jesus story but if I did... that was how long ago? EVOLVE....

Evolve you say?
Funny how society has radically gone down the pan in relation to governments pushing powdered crap into children's mouths.
My children will carry on evolving all right...Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop

Facebook policy and breastfeeding are a new issue because although we have state laws on breastfeeding(look at the chart I posted and see how lawful it is in most states ), facebook is International. In fact, though in Tunisia they cannot get YouTube they can have facebook for some odd reason. So, it's International issue too.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Breastfeeding in public is not one of selfish display, but one of common sense as a mother cannot stay holed up at home for the entire 6 months or so of the activity.

Pump it!

Bottle It!

I agree, there's no need to breastfeed your child in public. It's nasty. Mothers who want to display a saggy ol' boob feeding a baby on Facebook are definitely just looking for attention.

To those saying it's beautiful and natural: It may be natural , but it's not beautiful. If you want beautiful and natural convert to paganism and move out into the woods. There you can live with your fellow animals in bliss, and no one will disturb your viewing of a lactating breast. /gag

edit on 3-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nature intended for me to defecate, urinate, and wank off. Clearly I should be allowed to do so in public, even post pictures on facebook. Even ATS?

Some people think breastfeeding is "beautiful" and I get it.. some of us just think it's a woman pulling her tits out in public for no reason. But hey, just my opinion.

I just wanted to ty for your opinion even though it is not 100% agreeable with mine...

It's just refreshing to have someone comment without attacking others opinions...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Why is it a problem that people don't want to add undue work for themselves when they don't have too. Its not laziness, it is common sense.

Not to mention the cost of bottles, the energy in having to sterilize them and store them. The cost of forumula, that most people don't even know what is in it. When nature already has that all taken care of?

No one said it was a problem... Don't get your facts bent... I said I do not think it's appropriate to be done in public...

Did you or did you not accuse Suspira of being lazy?

So obviously to you, you think people should take on undue hardship because you don't find the standard method acceptable?

Not to mention, the bonding process during nursing is also crucial between mother and child. So much so that they even have a line of bottles that are designed to fit your chest for those who can't nurse, so they can still create that bonding experience.
The method in which a baby is fed is as important as what they are fed. When nursing, there are hormone changes in both mother and baby. The mother's brain receives more oxygen and hormones like oxytocin that help the mother bond with the baby and become more nurturing.
Women lose weight faster while nursing, and have lower incidents of heart disease and diabetes. And deters post partum depression.
IQs are higher in babies that are nursed instead of bottle fed. The most crucial development in a babie's brain is in the first year of life.
SIDS is also reduced in half in nursed babies in the first six months.

But people should ignore critical benefits because you don't like it.

Common sense... sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts... HardlyLaziness... a disinclination to activity or exertion despite having the ability to do so... BINGO

Ok, your definitions prove my point. *laughs*

Stopping at Macdonalds instead of cooking dinner is laziness. But choosing to do what is natural by design to deal with possibly toxic containers, bottles and sterilization is not laziness, it is a perk to what should already be done.

Besides, having to get up in the middle of the night and take time to make a bottle when all you have to do is nurse, is neither beneficial to either parent or baby.

So yes, it is common sense.

Like I said use a breast pump if you want to go natural... Organic is the way!!!

Speaking of common sense, to support organic food but only if you use plastic bottles by means of artificial delivery doesn't contain any common sense whatsoever.

That is just plain silly.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join