It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Display Pictures buddy display pictures. I love woman, i love boobs, i love babies =) but I don't wanna see a new mother breast feeding everytime she updates her status. And why would I delete her? That seems more immature then let's say attacking someone on a conspiracy site. BAM YOUR WRONG TOO
Nothing wrong with public breast feeding at all, never said that, but why would you want to show all the facebook community?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
To each their own. But how anyone can be offended at the sight of a woman breastfeeding her baby in private or public is beyond me. How is this even an issue?

Because there are truly some sad, stupid and prudish people around who can't accept that it is a perfectly normal and natural thing.

To even be debating and arguing with people who think the opposite is, as you say, a sad indictment of society.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

How are men's breasts considered private parts? Do you tell your son to water a shirt in the water to swim? When you were teaching your kids about parts of the body did you tell your son his breasts were private? Of course not... You just want to use it here for this argument... Yes I walk around outside, but not in the street where cars are. I use a sidewalk or just drive... You show me one street in the USA that is sanitary... and BTW the discussion isn't what the law is...

I don't consider men's breasts private parts, nor do I consider women's breasts to be private. I don't tell any of my kids to cover up and they are free to wear or not wear what they like at home. I teach them to not be ashamed of the human body. When we are out in public, it becomes indecent exposure BY LAW, so, yes, they have to cover up. If I could go around without a shirt or let my daughter run around shirtless and not worry about being arrested, I would do so, and those who didn't like could shove it.

Breastfeeding in public is not illegal, so those who don't like it can shove it.

If you're so okay with peeing in the street, go for it. Breastfeeding an infant isn't unsanitary and does not stink or cause a public health issue. It is NOT the same thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
To all the female ATS members:

Please don't judge all men for the opinions of boys.

Real men know that you are the bearers of life and elevate you the Goddess pedestal you deserve.

Any male ATS member than scorns a woman for breast feeding are so indoctrinated and regressive that they've completely lost touch with who we are and what our species is.

For something so beautiful and natural to be uttered in same sentence as "disgusting" suggests to me that the elite are en route to success in leading us to believe that up is down and left is right.

Take it as a marker of a real man ladies. The heart of a true alpha male is warmed by the splendor of a mother breast feeding. It's a sign of life and the continuity of our species.

Sure, they're entitled to their opinion as am I mine.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
To all the female ATS members:

Please don't judge all men for the opinions of boys.

Real men know that you are the bearers of life and elevate you the Goddess pedestal you deserve.

Any male ATS member than scorns a woman for breast feeding are so indoctrinated and regressive that they've completely lost touch with who we are and what our species is.

For something so beautiful and natural to be uttered in same sentence as "disgusting" suggests to me that the elite are en route to success in leading us to believe that up is down and left is right.

Take it as a marker of a real man ladies. The heart of a true alpha male is warmed by the splendor of a mother breast feeding. It's a sign of life and the continuity of our species.

Sure, they're entitled to their opinion as am I mine.

... PS: I need some really bad.

just kidding, couldn't resist. Ladies I agree with what he said

edit on 3-2-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Klassified
To each their own. But how anyone can be offended at the sight of a woman breastfeeding her baby in private or public is beyond me. How is this even an issue?

Because there are truly some sad, stupid and prudish people around

I am neither but it still makes me uncomfortable.

who can't accept that it is a perfectly normal and natural thing.

So is taking a dump but I don't want to see people doing that either. I know it's here to stay so I won't belabor the fact. I'll just walk away. I'm a smoker, I'm used to that anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop
[...] but why would you want to show all the facebook community?

The real question is why not?

The answer being prudish, socially undeveloped males without enough testosterone coursing though their veins.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

I love woman, i love boobs, i love babies =)

But just not together.... or?

but I don't wanna see a new mother breast feeding everytime she updates her status.

Pretty sure you can choose what newsfeed you receive and so on?
Or as you know it's her, just don't look at the picture.

And why would I delete her?

Well having read the other post by the tool who wouldn't be friends with any women who would be so disgusting as to breastfeed, I guess my defences are up.... fair enough, don't delete her, but again, as I;ve said.... just don't look.

You know which friend it is, don't look... simple.

Nothing wrong with public breast feeding at all, never said that, but why would you want to show all the facebook community?

Because maybe they think it's nice? Cute? Sweet? Maybe they're proud that they're giving life and sustenance to their own flesh and blood? Maybe they're proud?

The reasons are irrelevant,,,, if they want to do it, who does it hurt? If you don't like it, don' look!

Problem solved.
edit on 3/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm all for breastfeeding in public.

Take a look at the picture in the article. Does anyone really think this would actually be allowed to take place in ANY public place?

I highly doubt it.

Most women i have seen breastfeed are discrete about it. This woman isn't. It's like women lib. breastfeeding version.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The answer being prudish, socially undeveloped males without enough testosterone coursing though their veins.

Perhaps we are more socialy evolved. There is such a thing as etiquette.

Would you flop your boob out at a baseball game? In a resturant? In church?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Last time humans were classified, we were still mammals. I have no problem taking care of my baby the way nature intended.

So by your admission, barn animals have the right to treat their young better then humans have a right to treat theirs, because you think humans should have to hide it
The fact that people find that it is ok to feed children chemical strewn, corn syrup laden formula to babies is more acceptable, made by corporate entitites, is even more obnoxious..

WoW
your really going to try and pull that card? Animals can do it in public so why can't we? Dogs have sex in public so does that mean I want an orgy on every corner? Nope.

Very bad example...

Oh did I strike a nerve with the wannabe troll? The fact that you try to claim it as a bad example and give a very weak counter arguement just goes to show that I am right and you don't have an answer.

I haven't seen dogs fornicate in public but when they do, people throw water on them.

You are trying to counterargue with the "well its natural too" argument but there are differences between what is natural.

First off, no animals fornicate under age till they are sexually mature. Which is why we have to hide sex, so children who are not sexually mature don't witness it,or the more sickening thought, get involved.Which is why most animals don't fornicate again till the young are out of the nest.
Unlike eating, which every living thing on the planet does from the moment it is born, and is very routine.

if you can't seperate your natural actions, such as the difference between eating and fornicating, again, you can count yourself among the confused and bitter.

There are other natural things we don't do, like eating in bathrooms(you shouldn't anyways). or incest (sex is natural, right?why stop at those barriers?)
And there are plenty of things that are natural that we do do in public. Walking, swimming, talking, playing, and sports, that is not defined by age.

How am I a troll? Because I have a voice I want to express? This is what is wrong with people. If I don't see things your way then I'm a troll, uneducated, insane, and a disgrace to humans...

Thanks Hitler... To think I thought is was a given right to have an opinion...

All I said is I do not agree that it's okay to breastfeed in public... I'm not out covering up women doing it or anything... You people need to get a life...

Disposing of waste product is a natural human action too but LIKE I SAID YOU DON'T SEE ME TAKING A DUMP IN THE STREET... Do you? Nope you don't. Because it's done in private. AS BFing should be IMO...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Perhaps we are more socialy evolved. There is such a thing as etiquette.

Would you flop your boob out at a baseball game? In a resturant? In church?

I might go to church more often if that happened!!!

I know this is all very immature. Shame on me. I'm such a pig.

It's just that ... I don't know ... being a prude just isn't much fun ... or honest

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Then that is your issue and you need to work on it.
It is you who has the problem as you are the one who feels uncomfortable, try and figure out why you feel this way and work on it

So is taking a dump but I don't want to see people doing that either. I know it's here to stay so I won't belabor the fact. I'll just walk away. I'm a smoker, I'm used to that anyway.

Indeed but that has all manner of health risks and also affects anyone who steps in it and so on.

There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public, literally nothing.
The only issues are your issues.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Do you use male public restrooms? If so, do you use the urinals? Three men standing next to each other using urinals is not peeing in front of a stranger in a public place?

But really, stop comparing waste elimination in public to breastfeeding. Because they are NOT THE SAME THING. At all.

Someone said it was a natural action... so all I said was so was peeing... read and educate yourself please...

I'm not comparing the need, I'm just saying they are both natural human actions that IMO should be done in private...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm just...... gobsmacked!

It's 2012. I'll repeat that... it's 2012! and apparently some people think that it's not "natural" to breast feed???
If you are of that opinion, can you please tell me what is the natural method of feeding young offspring?

What exactly is "disgusting" about it? It is the preferred method of feeding offspring for pretty much all mammals on this planet I believe?

One poster (the OP I think) even said: "Are you gonna tell me that a women giving birth is natural..."???? What?
I think I can answer that one. Yes a woman (singular) giving birth is indeed natural, especially if she has been pregnant up to that point!

Facebooks explanation of their policy seems really sensible to me. They have NO PROBLEM whatsoever with photos of breastfeeding, so long as there is no actual nudity. Only those photos which clearly show exposed breasts / nipples etc have been removed. (In case they are misinterpreted as "sexually explicit")
It all depends on your viewpoint I suppose, but I find it quite disturbing that anyone has a problem with breastfeeding in itself.

It takes all sorts I suppose?

GTD

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Then that is your issue and you need to work on it.
It is you who has the problem as you are the one who feels uncomfortable, try and figure out why you feel this way and work on it

I don't know why it makes me uncomfortable. Why are some uncomfortable around spiders? Clowns? It just is. I don't think it's WRONG to BF in public, it makes me uncomfortable and I'm willing to say it as opposed to some that have to show how socially evolved they are. But please if you're going to do it, use a nursing blanket, that's what they are for.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Great then. Let me alert every last female of the species to cease public breast feeding until you tend to your own neurosis. That's exactly what this may be in Freudian terms, a neurosis. Have you explored whether or not your having difficulty in desexualizing the teat? It's possible. I've ruled out the possibility that your qualm is with body fluids seeing has most of us generally partake in kissing and sex.

How does this picture make you feel?:

www.nickpage.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Ooh touchy aren't you!

Yes, we are in fact talking about why prudes like yourself are scared of boobies, as well as boobies that are breastfeeding.

Care to explain why you think a woman's chest is privaye parts but a man's chest is not?

I'm not touchy your just not sticking to the OP... and are attacking me for my belief, just as people do with religion...

I haven't attacked anyone. I have only given my view on the OP. You don't agree? I could care less. That doesn't mean I have to shut up or change my view because you did. If that was the case I would vote for Romney or Newt because everyone else was doing it. But I have an opinion and a voice which I will defend until my last heart beat.

So once AGAIN... You have yours and I have mine... PS... as a jock I'm sure I have seen way more breasts then all of you guys put together... my view doesn't mean I'm a conservative prude... It means I have respect...

Read prior posts if you want your answer... it was already given...
edit on 3-2-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Thanks for your diagnosis Dr. Phil but I think I'll leave those matters to professionals. I didn't say it was wrong, I said it made me uncomfortable. I also said that I walk away so you can save yourself the time of contacting all the women on the planet. Whew, now there's more time for WoW.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I don't know why it makes me uncomfortable. Why are some uncomfortable around spiders? Clowns? It just is.

Well those are generally phobias and I'm pretty sure you're not afraid of Breastfeeding, just a little uncomfortable,fair enough I guess, 'one of them things'

But please if you're going to do it, use a nursing blanket, that's what they are for.

I said a few posts back, I'm all for being discreet, as are most women I'd imagine... but this seems have turned into a wider, broader debate about breastfeeding in general... and there are many, many odd people who it seems, would like to just outright ban it and send these women away to "perform their sordid, disgusting act"

Those are the one's that have serious issues.

edit on 3/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join