It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

M yphoto here is not my photo on facebook, care to explain what you mean? Or are you still just trolling your own thread for kicks because you have no sex?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It's too bad other women don't feel bad about exposing themselves just because they are too lazy and inconsiderate to feed their kid with a bottle.

Yes, because don't you know that womens' breasts are solely for men to ogle in private?

Why do breasts only become offensive if there's a baby being fed by them? If you happen to see a woman breastfeeding in public--quick, look the other way.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by Suspiria

No, and I'm not a little being sucking on a nipple for food either...

And I suppose you never took your baby anywhere within walking distance of the home either? Take your crying kid home? Seriously? Personally I've never let any of my children wail for the want of attention or food. People can take their sensibilities and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Actually I took my kid all over the place, and he never left my side. You see they have these things called bottles now that amazingly hold the milk so I do not have to have my kid's mother whip out her breast to feed him
It's too bad other women don't feel bad about exposing themselves just because they are too lazy and inconsiderate to feed their kid with a bottle. I got news for you people... it's 2012 and not 1812... We invent things to make life easier so use them...

And if you want to come at me with "but the milk from mom is better for the kid" ... get a breast pump...

Oh yeah, those baby bottles. Sorry, I'd rather my baby's not chew on a latex tit with defrosted rewarmed milk from a bottle with questionable chemicals.
Sorry if you find that lazy and inconsiderate of me.

Btw I did have a breast pump...
But I gave the rest to my pet kid goat..

edit on 3-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

He finds it so disturbing that he just had to have a woman breastfeeding as his avatar.

"I find it so gross, that I just have to look at it some more!"

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You find women who can feed, nourish, and bond with their babies to be disgusting?

How disturbing.

Maybe I care alot about that. Maybe I am a strong advocate of 'breast is best'. That doesnt mean I approve of public indecency.

link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by nixie_nox

He finds it so disturbing that he just had to have a woman breastfeeding as his avatar.

"I find it so gross, that I just have to look at it some more!"

She is feeding a goat too

link   

Originally posted by wigit
I bottle fed my first two then breast fed my third and I'll tell you why. Because I was a lot older and I got a lot wiser and lazier.

Looking at it from both sides I can now see how foolish people are to choose bottle over breast because they think that's it's right. This has nothing to do with people who try but CAN'T breast feed, though from my own experiences I can see how hundreds might be put off after the first try, and I blame that on bad advice. There's a lot of stupid mid-wives out there and a lot of hospitals with stupid policies (long story).

With bottle feeding you need lots of bottles, steriliser, and formula. You need to make them up every day, make sure you don't run out, don't lose caps or lids, always have spare when you leave the house, always have things at he right temperature. The attachment and control of all that lot is just boring and non-stop.

With breast feeding you pull your top up or down and it's done. NO WORK.

The OP is displaying some anti-female phychosis and shouldn't be listened to. He's extremely warped in his thinking and should seek psychoanalysis for his disease.

I'm not crying for you... I had to do most of that stuff and didn't mind because it was for my kid... it's called life... deal with it or don't have a kid if your too lazy to fix some bottles... what did you do about their diapers? Were you lazy about that too? Of course not you did it because it had to be done... See that's the way I feel about making bottles... It only takes a few mins and I'm not lazy...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I wonder how long those baby bottle nipples and fill bags had BPA in them? Or if they still do?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What rights, it's a private website.
Why don't they just start their own website where they all swap pictures of breastfeeding their babies? They're probably the only ones who care anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

M yphoto here is not my photo on facebook, care to explain what you mean? Or are you still just trolling your own thread for kicks because you have no sex?

You said you had photo's of yourself wearing no shirt on your fb profile didnt you?

TextThere are heaps of shirtless photos of me on facebook - is it only nudity when it's a female?

Thought so. "shirtless"
I bet they are sexy

edit on 3-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There are two issues being discussed here.

First: Facebook has every right to dictate the terms and conditions of their site. If you don't like it don't use it.

Second: Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children anytime anywhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obscure Perception
I'm personally more offended by people preaching about their religious views in public than I am by a mother feeding her child. That's not the topic however, and I'll stick to the matter at hand.

I'm of the opinion that it should be allowed, I don't see why not, there's absolutely nothing sexual about it. If people are offended by it, they could very easily hide that particular person from their profile, just as easily as the mother could make their profile private and/or have their photographs viewable by only those she wishes.

So the short of it, I don't see anything wrong with what those mothers are doing, but I also think they should at the very least have their profiles set to friends only. If one of her 'friends' find it offensive, hide the post!

So if you didn't see it it didn't happen? Okay so turn your head next time I take a leak in front of you...

See the double standard there...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by subject x

I just think its obnoxious. And it does make me think of animals. I think it should be private.

Last time humans were classified, we were still mammals. I have no problem taking care of my baby the way nature intended.

So by your admission, barn animals have the right to treat their young better then humans have a right to treat theirs, because you think humans should have to hide it.

The fact that people find that it is ok to feed children chemical strewn, corn syrup laden formula to babies is more acceptable, made by corporate entitites, is even more obnoxious.

What about the weirdo's that keep feeding their kids breast milk until they are like seven? Do you all think thats all beautiful and special?
\

You are trying to muddy the waters by bringing in another debate and one that is an extreme circumstance at that. Only a handful of people nurse beyond four.

Nice try troll.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You said you had photo's of yourself wearing no shirt on your fb profile didnt you?

I'm an australian male and also not ashamed of my physique - it's normal for me to have a few shirtless photos. Or would you prefer that males swim in tshirts so not to offend you?

Are you ashamed of your own titties as well?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

TextThere are heaps of shirtless photos of me on facebook - is it only nudity when it's a female?

Thought so. "shirtless"
I bet they are sexy

edit on 3-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

Are you derailing your own thread now too?

I thought it was weird enough when you said you wrote something for its sensationalism/trolling affect...

Now this?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

reply to post by subject x

I just think its obnoxious. And it does make me think of animals. I think it should be private.

Last time humans were classified, we were still mammals. I have no problem taking care of my baby the way nature intended.

So by your admission, barn animals have the right to treat their young better then humans have a right to treat theirs, because you think humans should have to hide it.

The fact that people find that it is ok to feed children chemical strewn, corn syrup laden formula to babies is more acceptable, made by corporate entitites, is even more obnoxious.

What about the weirdo's that keep feeding their kids breast milk until they are like seven? Do you all think thats all beautiful and special?
\

You are trying to muddy the waters by bringing in another debate and one that is an extreme circumstance at that. Only a handful of people nurse beyond four.

Nice try troll.

The chick in my avatar cares for barnyard animals. Do you think that should be on facebook?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Indecent exposure is the deliberate exposure in public or in view of the general public by a person of a portion or portions of his or her body, in circumstances where the exposure is contrary to local moral or other standards of appropriate behavior.

I do not see an exclusion for breastfeeding... Exposure is exposure...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I almost want to blame this on religious moral issues.

When on this earth did seeing a human body part that we all have and have all seen many times, become disgusting and offensive to someone is beyond me. Its nature, get over it or dont look.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is a HUGE difference between going to the bathroom in public and breastfeeding a child. Number one difference is that urine and feces are health hazards, unsanitary and full of bacteria.

Number two--breasts are not a sexual organ, so women are not "exposing" themselves by breastfeeding in public.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join