It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is God to You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Who or What is God to You?

People all have unique perspectives in how they see not only the world but their thoughts and concepts on ideas. When concepts are broken down deep enough I think everyone is on the same page in agreement but that is just my opinion.

Usually people believe in the same meaning as what god may be to you but it may not be called god per se. God to you could be a story of salvation, for others they don't have a story but believe in salvation or the desire to be free from suffering.

I think people get lost in a world of words and symbols sometimes, I know I do at times.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I killed god. He is dead. I am ze ubermensch

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
God is simply the creator.

What he is, I speculate can be defined as intelligent energy. Energy with the ability to perform intelligent work and organize itself into patterns of increasing complexity to further its ability to do what it does... intelligent work.

At the root of all matter and energy is consciousness. So the undivided universe is God. Everything is alive. Some things are more alive than others. Some things are more alive than we have ever experienced.

Life can't happen without an intelligent template. An intelligent process cannot begin from the inanimate.

Something can't be said to exist without something observing it as so. So the big bang happened because the hyper dense singularity became aware or was aware. After that, the goal was to define what, how, and why. The more advanced you become, the better you are able to answer those three questions. That is the purpose of life. It is to grow. The universe wants to verify its existence and paint a clear picture of what it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Jesus is God.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

edit on 2-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

Really now. Can you walk on water, heal the crippled, raise the dead, and command the forces of nature??

I can't.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

Really now. Can you walk on water, heal the crippled, raise the dead, and command the forces of nature??

I can't.

God can. Jesus said we could and he said we would. In fact, he said we would go on to do greater things than what he did. I can show you the scripture.

If at the root of all energy is consciousness so that it is intelligent energy, then perhaps all you have to do is make everything in you believe that it is a certain way and it will be. That is faith. You just tell yourself not to be aware of things being a certain way and then make yourself become aware of things being another way, and then they will be so. That is faith. And if you had faith, you could move trees to the ocean with your mind. So yeah, we are God, we just don't know it yet, and we just don't know our potential and how to use it. We're too lazy.
edit on 2-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

God is everything...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

I can't.

I'll tell you what we have done. We've traveled to the heavens and we harnessed the power of stars. That's pretty amazing to me in itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

fair question
a fair attempt to answer: god is a word that is used to a collection of mental concepts that is neither clear nor homogeneous. in history this word was abused over and over to discipline people, wage wars, create misery.

for me, on personal level, god is the word that makes my visitors end up being kicked out on the street as i don't tolerate this kind of stuff in my private sphere, nor do i stay if in others' private spheres there's explicit room for the imaginary friend.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
God is the great creator and His brush marks are on every thing that is ,except sin...peace

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012

God is everything...

No, God is transcendent above His creation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

I can't.

I'll tell you what we have done. We've traveled to the heavens and we harnessed the power of stars. That's pretty amazing to me in itself.

Sure, that's amazing, but that doesn't make us God. He created the distant stars by a single spoken sentence. We hope and dream to be able to visit them someday. lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
christ is the love that emits from pure light.
the highest god is what holds all of this together. It is not an entity. It is indescribable in words. It is out of the spectrum of conscious thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by Ralphy

fair question
a fair attempt to answer: god is a word that is used to a collection of mental concepts that is neither clear nor homogeneous. in history this word was abused over and over to discipline people, wage wars, create misery.

for me, on personal level, god is the word that makes my visitors end up being kicked out on the street as i don't tolerate this kind of stuff in my private sphere, nor do i stay if in others' private spheres there's explicit room for the imaginary friend.

Couldn't it have been easier to just type:

"Hi, I'm a xenophobic bigot."

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012

God is everything...

No, God is transcendent above His creation.

In "The Law of One", which I know is a questionable source of information, but nonetheless informative and seemingly accurate, it says that beyond intelligent energy, which I independently arrived at as being a most likely nature of all matter, there is intelligent infinity. God would be that. Intelligent energy would just be a means of arriving at the awareness of that. But underlying it all is intelligence. Right now we are learning, when we arrive, there will be nothing left to learn, but due to the nature of infinity as being infinite, then there is no way we will ever arrive. But we are intelligent energy in intelligent infinity is free to grow forever, so that should give you a feeling of security in knowing that there is no limit to your own greatness, through evolution.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
To me, god is nothing more than a word. A word used to categorize the unknown into the simplest explanation for our existence. The term "god" can be used to explain something which is too powerful for us as humans to understand, we don't have the slightest clue as to what happens in this universe or why it exists, this is why "god" is used to explain what we do not know. This is where i believe the word originated, as an explanation for the unknown.

For example in ancient times, a meteorite could have flown across the sky, to the peoples knowledge then, they wouldn't have the slightest clue, essentially stating "god did it". Because it helps people to not become confused about things they do not understand.

God does not exist as a personal guide or creator, there is no basis to assume that is the case. I do not know of anyone who has claimed to have seen, experienced, felt, or even heard of this god with anything to back it up.

To deny the existence of something which cannot be seen, heard, felt or touched is logic. Until someone arranges a meeting with this "god" it will be nothing more than a word to me.

Arguably some may be offended by my views, but to be totally honest, i become offended when people tell me i need to be saved, or i need to waste my life putting hope into faith or suffer the consequences of hell.

You only live once.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

It is indescribable in words. It is out of the spectrum of conscious thought.

Is it possible for that God to reveal certain aspects of Himself to us? Not everything about Him mind you, but is there some aspects of that God that He has that He knows we could wrap our heads around conceptually?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

there is intelligent infinity.

Scientists have never observed "infinity", either in the macrocosm or microcosm. The universe is finite in the macro sense, and you have Planck's Length issues to deal with in the micro.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sure, that's amazing, but that doesn't make us God. He created the distant stars by a single spoken sentence. We hope and dream to be able to visit them someday. lol

And someday we will. lol. Individually we aren't God, but we are of God. We contain God's essence. As Jesus said, "I am in the father and the father is in me". He also said we are in him and he is in us. So therefore we are in God and God is in us.

You see? Everything I have said so far, I supported with quotations from the Bible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join