It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is God to You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by smithjustinb

there is intelligent infinity.

Scientists have never observed "infinity", either in the macrocosm or microcosm. The universe is finite in the macro sense, and you have Planck's Length issues to deal with in the micro.

Neither have they proved that it will end. I didn't say we are infinity, I just said we are intelligent energy working our way towards intelligent infinity which is an unachievable end and therefore, currently, no we are not infinite, but we will be infinitely lasting as an intelligent process where there is no limit to what we can know and do.
edit on 2-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Therefore, if walking on water is a possibility, we will be able to accomplish it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually, we do in fact have some control over our reality and we have creational power.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We define reality. If we say something is beautiful then it is beautiful because we said so. Anything that is an opinion is at our mercy. You have the power now, to create your version of a divine existence, if you want to. I know I do. If you want to wait on someone to do it for you, then that is your choice, but you might be waiting for a very long time. If you see the world as divine, then it will be so.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Individually we aren't God,

I agree, thanks for admitting that.

but we are of God. We contain God's essence.

We're made in His image. But we're still a part of creation, not Creator.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Neither have they proved that it will end.

Yes we have, it's called the "heat death" of the universe. Your Physics needs a brush up. lol

The 'heat-death' of the universe is when the universe has reached a state of maximum entropy. This happens when all available energy (such as from a hot source) has moved to places of less energy (such as a colder source). Once this has happened, no more work can be extracted from the universe. Since heat ceases to flow, no more work can be acquired from heat transfer. This same kind of equilibrium state will also happen with all other forms of energy (mechanical, electrical, etc.). Since no more work can be extracted from the universe at that point, it is effectively dead, especially for the purposes of humankind.

What exactly is the heat death of the universe?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Actually, we do in fact have some control over our reality and we have creational power.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We define reality. If we say something is beautiful then it is beautiful because we said so. Anything that is an opinion is at our mercy. You have the power now, to create your version of a divine existence, if you want to. I know I do. If you want to wait on someone to do it for you, then that is your choice, but you might be waiting for a very long time. If you see the world as divine, then it will be so.

Dude, quit with the semantics. None of us can create the known universe and all within it merely by speaking the words. Who cares if we can build planes, and trains, and sports stadiums. We aren't "creating" anything, merely collecting and arranging atoms already created by God.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I do not agree that Jezus is God.. Because it clearly states in the King James Bible that Jezus says: Do not worship me, but worship Him that sent me, our Father who is in Heaven. Jezus clearly shows us that he is not God but rather would have be known as the Son of Men. He also says; me and the Father are 1.. That means that Jezus is like a son to God, the reason why alot of people call him the Son of God. Where then Jezus asks not to say that. And the reason they speak of Him so highly is because of all the miracle's he performed while he was on Earth.

Jezus was not the only man who walked on water, he also invited Peter to do the same. But Peter had little faith but yet he still did do it. So if Peter then also walks on water just like Jezus did then would Peter also be a God ?

Well it just comes down to creation and creator. If we create a house, we create it so it is most comfortable for us to live in, if we create a tv, it is because we want to watch something, if we create a game it is because we want to play something. So if God created Jezus then there sure means there was a need for it.

See even after 2000 years, He is still very known, i dont know any fictive figure who has a past that goes this far back! So He must be real, or else everything i have seen in my life just doesnt make any sense at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Creation is the creator. Watch it create.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Neither have they proved that it will end.

Yes we have, it's called the "heat death" of the universe. Your Physics needs a brush up. lol

The 'heat-death' of the universe is when the universe has reached a state of maximum entropy. This happens when all available energy (such as from a hot source) has moved to places of less energy (such as a colder source). Once this has happened, no more work can be extracted from the universe. Since heat ceases to flow, no more work can be acquired from heat transfer. This same kind of equilibrium state will also happen with all other forms of energy (mechanical, electrical, etc.). Since no more work can be extracted from the universe at that point, it is effectively dead, especially for the purposes of humankind.

What exactly is the heat death of the universe?

You are underestimating the capabilities of intelligence.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Dude, quit with the semantics. None of us can create the known universe and all within it merely by speaking the words. Who cares if we can build planes, and trains, and sports stadiums. We aren't "creating" anything, merely collecting and arranging atoms already created by God.

Energy created atoms... I just so happened to classify it as intelligent energy. The only reason this isn't classified as such in mainstream science is because it has not yet been proven with hard physical evidence. But if one uses logic, there are only a few highly probable options.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Energy created atoms... I just so happened to classify it as intelligent energy. The only reason this isn't classified as such in mainstream science is because it has not yet been proven with hard physical evidence. But if one uses logic, there are only a few highly probable options.

And what or who created the energy? Only God can do that.

(1st law of thermodynamics FTW)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it can only change from one form to another.
(Law of conservation of energy)

You know what else cannot be created or destroyed? God.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Creation is the creator. Watch it create.

Circular argumentation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it can only change from one form to another.

YES! Now review what you previously said. Only God can create energy.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

YES! Now review what you previously said. Only God can create energy.

I defined God as intelligent infinity. I defined us as intelligent energy. Intelligent energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only change from one form to another and most often from one lower intelligent form to another higher intelligent form.

Intelligent infinity is simply the background that allows the infinite progression of time and infinite expanse of space, and the infinite capacity for knowledge. God allows you to exist because he exists, but you also exist and are working towards the potential that he has established and is allowing you to work towards.

God creates because he allows.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

And that's all unicorns and Skittles, but at the end of the day we are not God. He is still the Creator, and we are creation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

And that's all unicorns and Skittles, but at the end of the day we are not God. He is still the Creator, and we are creation.

You'd be surprised the power we have. When you are free to perceive the universe however you want to, you are what is called a co-creator.

If you see the universe as something beautiful, it will become beautiful for you. It will literally morph right in front of your eyes. If you see the universe as something painful, you will bring pain to yourself and the universe will cause you pain. If you love the universe, the universe will become something worth loving. If you harmonize with the universe, the forms around you will coordinate their movements in accordance with the attitude of harmony.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You'd be surprised the power we have. When you are free to perceive the universe however you want to, you are what is called a co-creator.

Creating an alternate reality inside your own mind is not at all what I meant by "Creator".

edit on 2-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I see a lot of passion in this thread. Its nice to see others opinions on this matter, helps give me more perspective and understanding of others.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Creating an alternate reality inside your own mind is not at all what I meant by "Creator".

edit on 2-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

What's in your mind is the only reality you will ever have. Whatever your mind says is real is real for you, and therefore real for the universe because your mind is as much a part of the universe as anything else.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
I killed god. He is dead. I am ze ubermensch

Even another ubermensch cannot overcome kryptonite, unless it is bound in lead. So there is no real ubermensch, Hitler found that out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join