It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is God to You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Sure, that's amazing, but that doesn't make us God. He created the distant stars by a single spoken sentence. We hope and dream to be able to visit them someday. lol

And someday we will. lol. Individually we aren't God, but we are of God. We contain God's essence. As Jesus said, "I am in the father and the father is in me". He also said we are in him and he is in us. So therefore we are in God and God is in us.

You see? Everything I have said so far, I supported with quotations from the Bible.

By the same logic, you are Napoleon Bonaparte, Genghis Khan and Adolf Hitler.

Being "in" a box does not make one a box.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

edit on 2/2/2012 by chr0naut because: How did that happen? I completely got the wrong post!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A fictional character created by humans for a fictional story that is used to control the people, surpress them and make money.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by novastrike81

Jesus is God.

Numbers 23:19 and Acts 2:22 disagree with you.

I agree. In my opinion....

Jesus is not God and never claim to be. Bless his heart, that is the reason why they killed him.

He didn't like Religion. He preached love and faith....never did he say he was God. He spoke of God as someone other than he and in another place as he.

Jesus, when He was before the Sanhedrin, was asked "Who are you"? He replied "Before Moses was, I AM". The High Priest tore his robes (which is actually against Levitical law) and said "He blasphemes, he calls himself God".

Also, when the apostle James called Jesus "My Lord and my God", Jesus did not correct him.

I think it is pretty clear that Jesus claimed that He was God.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
reply to post by NOTurTypical

God is everything...

Not to jesus freaks, they will tell you jesus is better than anyone, funny, jesus did say we could do what he did..

And christians will say....Nu-Uhh!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I am beside the box that I am inside, while on top, yet under, I am, an am not the box itself, without being.

I am God, but not so.

Nicely put! S

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

everyone has different views about the world..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

everyone has different views about the world..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by novastrike81

Jesus is God.

Numbers 23:19 and Acts 2:22 disagree with you.

I agree. In my opinion....

Jesus is not God and never claim to be. Bless his heart, that is the reason why they killed him.

He didn't like Religion. He preached love and faith....never did he say he was God. He spoke of God as someone other than he and in another place as he.

Jesus, when He was before the Sanhedrin, was asked "Who are you"? He replied "Before Moses was, I AM". The High Priest tore his robes (which is actually against Levitical law) and said "He blasphemes, he calls himself God".

Also, when the apostle James called Jesus "My Lord and my God", Jesus did not correct him.

I think it is pretty clear that Jesus claimed that He was God.

He did not claim to be God... and in fact he denied it...

Yes he did not correct THOMAS... (not james) but that was because he was a part of God... and by knowing him they also knew God.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

But he was the son of God... Not God the father...

Its actually very clear he did not claim to be God, though christians love to say he did... which is a lie.

IF he was God he would have said I AM GOD... but he did not.

And claiming he was God makes him a liar by omition...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

Really now. Can you walk on water, heal the crippled, raise the dead, and command the forces of nature??

I can't.

Actually, he may be correct.

Jesus referenced Psalms as the law in many cases.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?

Psalm 82 with my commentary. It's a mystery, so I'll do the best I can.

1 God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”:

We are the assembly on Earth. We are being judged here as children of God.

2 “How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?

God is asking us this question? How long will we continue being our own kings and rulers? When will we do the next thing He asks:

3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

This is Gods will for his children. Jesus came to remind us of this.

5 “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

We are the 'gods' that know nothing and understanding nothing. This verse pretty much sums us up in a nutshell.

6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

True. We are the children of God, making us sons, and we will die because we have become thieves. LINK

8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.

Notice that it is God now and not 'gods'. Jesus is the firstfruits of what is to come. We will all be changed in that moment and twinkling of an eye. We are children of God until we are no longer children. Jesus was the one to rise up first and judge the Earth. We will follow this example continually.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 2-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

God can. Jesus said we could and he said we would. In fact, he said we would go on to do greater things than what he did. I can show you the scripture.

I'll take you up on that offer. Show me what you got. Last time someone was resurrected from the Dead was during the Apostles time. Show me you can raise the dead, show me you can heal people. Show me you can feed 5000 with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish. Show me you can call 12 legions of angels down from heaven. Show me you can cause earthquakes. Show me you can convert tens of thousands of people to Christ instantly with a 100% conversion rate.

Sorry but, there's only one Christ and youre not him.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

I totally agree! I just hope that whatever the person's view on God, they take or leave it, and use it for the benefit for themselves, family, friends, and the world to shed more love and positive outcomes for our children's future.

My God may not be your God, but I work for him in my ways that He deems fit. I know in my heart that when I screw up, He lets me know, Take it however you want ATS'ers, I love all of you, no matter what, and if I had the chance to meet you to become close and strong friends I would. My door is always open to a lost or broken soul and maybe one that holds extreme enlightenment, again, however you want to take that.

I believe in my God, not jesus, but most his teaching, if they were true, who knows if he really existed. The fact is, to me, IMO, that its the value an morals that is presented.

I believe in Karma, ABSOLUTELY!
Now with that being said, and to add the universe and "God" do have a sense of humor......

Now, I was working on my truck, and everything that was going wrong (you've guessed it) went wrong..
So I was yelling at the top of my lungs every five minutes "God! Give me a break". I mean when I say, everything, and everytime, what ever it was, 2 seconds later...... it would break.

Remember the phase " Be careful what you ask for?" Karma it may be? Just wanted to share my experience to you all. I hope that whatever you do in life ATS'ers, you do it out of love rather than Hate.

Much love!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

John 8: 54-59
54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Matthew 12: 1-8

1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.
2But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
3But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
5Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
6But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
7But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
8For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Exodus 15: 14-17

14The people shall hear, and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the inhabitants of Palestina.
15Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away.
16Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased.
17Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O LORD, which thy hands have established

John 1:1-1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

John 14:8-11

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Matthew 28: 8-10

8And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
9And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
10Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

Gee, Jesus accepted their worship too. Not the actions of someone who doesn't believe he is God. Any other man would have been struck dead like Herod found out:

Acts 12:21-23

21And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.
22And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.
23And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost

For someone who supposedly never claimed to be I AM, he sure got into alot of trouble for saying it alot...

Don't have enough room to post everything, i got lots more i could use.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes thank you for proving my point... He did not say I AM GOD...

Please feel free to post more

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Yes thank you for proving my point... He did not say I AM GOD...

Please feel free to post more

They didn't call God "God" back then, they knew him as I AM or Adonai maybe even Yahovah. What Jesus told them was enough to make those who didn't believe in him want to kill him. I don't need to post anymore than what i have, i don't have a problem believing. Someone else can take up where i left off. Wifes getting grouchy because i missed supper so i gotta bail.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Alrighty then..

You have a good day/night

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Zechariah 12

1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

5And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

6In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

7The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

8In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

I and look upon me whom they have pierced. It is pretty clear here that Zechariah was not the one who was pierced and in this chapter it says "saith the Lord" and I seven times. Zechariah is not the Lord. So who is saying I and "whom they have pierced"? Jesus Christ was pierced, so it is pretty clear that Jesus is the Lord God speaking here.

11In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

12And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

13The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

14All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

This is the Battle of Armageddon. We know there was no battle at Armageddon at His crucifixion, so it must be talking about a future event from that time. Even so, the Lord is Jesus. And it says "The Lord of Hosts, their God"
it does not say and, so it means the Lord of Hosts IS God and that He was pierced.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Feel free to deny the FACT he did not claim to be God... and the FACT that he said "i ascend to MY GOD, And YOUR GOD... And the fact that he denied being God...

It doesn't matter in the least to me what you or anyone else believes... but as i've said.. Calling him God is calling him a liar... He did not say he was God... NOT one time...

He was the son of God... Others called him God... but he knew better. He always refered to one that is GREATER then HE...

IF he was in fact God, he would have told at least one of his followers he was God, but he did not... not once.

Believe whatever you want though... but the facts are right there for all to read.

And the only reason the churches claim he was God is because they want authority... by saying Our God came to us... even though he did not... he sent his son as his representitive.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Feel free to deny the FACT he did not claim to be God... and the FACT that he said "i ascend to MY GOD, And YOUR GOD... And the fact that he denied being God...

It doesn't matter in the least to me what you or anyone else believes... but as i've said.. Calling him God is calling him a liar... He did not say he was God... NOT one time...

He was the son of God... Others called him God... but he knew better. He always refered to one that is GREATER then HE...

IF he was in fact God, he would have told at least one of his followers he was God, but he did not... not once.

Believe whatever you want though... but the facts are right there for all to read.

And the only reason the churches claim he was God is because they want authority... by saying Our God came to us... even though he did not... he sent his son as his representitive.

And as Thomas said "My Lord and my God". Why didn't Jesus rebuke him? In fact, Jesus never rebuked anyone who said that. So why not? Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the money lenders and Judas and Peter. But never anyone who called Him God. I wonder why not? Could you suppose it was because He IS God?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You could "suppose" but you would be incorrect...

You could also suppose that his followers didn't understand him as he stated multiple times...

And you could also assume that he let his followers worship him because he was the closest thing to God...

Assumptions don't get people very far... even back then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join