It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is God to You?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by smithjustinb

You'd be surprised the power we have. When you are free to perceive the universe however you want to, you are what is called a co-creator.

Creating an alternate reality inside your own mind is not at all what I meant by "Creator".

edit on 2-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

How do they even prove what they imagine could even be honest and true? There is no accountability in their minds when they do things.

Charles Manson imagined the Beatles were the four horsemen of the apocalypse and provoked his followers to partake in helter skelter, from a Beatles song. Some imagination, that Charles Maddox......

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
Who or What is God to You?

People all have unique perspectives in how they see not only the world but their thoughts and concepts on ideas. When concepts are broken down deep enough I think everyone is on the same page in agreement but that is just my opinion.

Usually people believe in the same meaning as what god may be to you but it may not be called god per se. God to you could be a story of salvation, for others they don't have a story but believe in salvation or the desire to be free from suffering.

I think people get lost in a world of words and symbols sometimes, I know I do at times.

God is ONE. There is only 1. All is One. You are born disconnected. Some connect to a smaller flock and some become hermits (to get away from ego) and listen to their inside and connect with the everything. You call it by many names and describe it in many ways even experiance it in many ways different from each other. This is a place where you can lose your ego or experiance ego. The evolution is long and you can go towards ego for as long as you like if you want to experiance disharmony, competiation and hate more, but if a place evolves to far beyond you it will be painful for you to be in it as it is painful for egoless to be in a ego world. Above is how my mind sees it. Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I just see Him/Her/It as a friend. When I feel the need to speak, I do.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

Really now. Can you walk on water, heal the crippled, raise the dead, and command the forces of nature??

I can't.

The All that is will provide it, if it is needed. But at this stage it do not seem to be needed. It is good to be humble but please do not judge what you might not understand yeet. You might be in a way telling a true Christ like Jesus that he/she is not a Christ. No more new religons are needed. The seeds are waking up and are doing what they are supposed to. Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
To me, god is nothing more than a word. A word used to categorize the unknown into the simplest explanation for our existence. The term "god" can be used to explain something which is too powerful for us as humans to understand, we don't have the slightest clue as to what happens in this universe or why it exists, this is why "god" is used to explain what we do not know. This is where i believe the word originated, as an explanation for the unknown.

For example in ancient times, a meteorite could have flown across the sky, to the peoples knowledge then, they wouldn't have the slightest clue, essentially stating "god did it". Because it helps people to not become confused about things they do not understand.

God does not exist as a personal guide or creator, there is no basis to assume that is the case. I do not know of anyone who has claimed to have seen, experienced, felt, or even heard of this god with anything to back it up.

To deny the existence of something which cannot be seen, heard, felt or touched is logic. Until someone arranges a meeting with this "god" it will be nothing more than a word to me.

Arguably some may be offended by my views, but to be totally honest, i become offended when people tell me i need to be saved, or i need to waste my life putting hope into faith or suffer the consequences of hell.

You only live once.

Sorry if im offending. Hell is for me being disconnected from everything else. Earth can be hell or heaven depending on your experiances. From my point of view you have the right to choose your own evolution and what you belive in will not mean anything on where you end up. It is what you are inside that is important. Don't worry about the egodriven religous people who play around with duality. Just be as happy as you can be and try to enjoy life. Above are just the thoughts a half crazy person who have been thru to much, so ignore them if you don't like them. Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

Really now. Can you walk on water, heal the crippled, raise the dead, and command the forces of nature??

I can't.

The All that is will provide it, if it is needed. But at this stage it do not seem to be needed. It is good to be humble but please do not judge what you might not understand yeet. You might be in a way telling a true Christ like Jesus that he/she is not a Christ. No more new religons are needed. The seeds are waking up and are doing what they are supposed to. Namaste

So you "become" christ? Jesus "became" christ? And what is a christ "like" Jesus? You do realize that Jesus is really alive right now, and always will be, don't you? You do realize Jesus never reincarnated, don't you?

To say we can become christs is merely ego play, without nothing to prove it. No amount of human knowledge can ever bring us to that point, because we are human beings. Jesus Christ is God, He had no need to reincarnate, because He is eternal. He had no need to become, because HE IS.

Yes, He did come to earth as a baby, and it was no surprise because He said that is exactly what He was going to do. He said He would die and resurrect, and that is exactly what He did. He said He is coming back, in flesh. He, so far, did two of those three things He said He would do, it makes me think He is well capable of doing the third, because it seems to be the easiest of the three.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jvm222

It is indescribable in words. It is out of the spectrum of conscious thought.

Is it possible for that God to reveal certain aspects of Himself to us? Not everything about Him mind you, but is there some aspects of that God that He has that He knows we could wrap our heads around conceptually?

The control over the pattern that you can see thru synchronicity? I think I have figured out as much of the toolbox that I needed to understand what is going on as I am supposed to understand it (as if it was my own discovery
).

PHIL COLLINS In The Air Tonight Lyrics
Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget, it's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show; but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you or me

When the student is ready the master appear. Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually, we do in fact have some control over our reality and we have creational power.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We define reality. If we say something is beautiful then it is beautiful because we said so. Anything that is an opinion is at our mercy. You have the power now, to create your version of a divine existence, if you want to. I know I do. If you want to wait on someone to do it for you, then that is your choice, but you might be waiting for a very long time. If you see the world as divine, then it will be so.

This planet has potential but is not quite there yeet. But it will be. One step at a time towards that goal. If we fail someone else will take our place. The question is only when it will be and that one I do not know, but I have my theories. Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

I can't.

No, but Jesus said we could if we wanted to. If we had real faith.

If God is infinite. Than everyone of us must be God in the flesh.
Just like Jesus was God in the flesh when he walked on earth.

The only real difference between us and Jesus is faith.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Jesus is God.

Numbers 23:19 and Acts 2:22 disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
God to me is THE CREATOR.

God to me is outside of thought, and there are no words that can describe God.

When Eon's have passed and we decide we have nothing left to learn then we go back to God, outside the frame of thought. Meaning....Back to the Godhead.

I think God experiences thought through US. We are his creation of thought and the spoken word.

We will all KNOW the answers to our questions when we vacate this heavy body and return "home".

TOO MANY people have experienced the after life. They have told a story and it is up to each of us to decide which story to believe.... or not to believe.

To not believe in God is absolutely arrogant and naive...in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

I can't.

So you "become" christ? Jesus "became" christ? And what is a christ "like" Jesus? You do realize that Jesus is really alive right now, and always will be, don't you? You do realize Jesus never reincarnated, don't you?

To say we can become christs is merely ego play, without nothing to prove it. No amount of human knowledge can ever bring us to that point, because we are human beings. Jesus Christ is God, He had no need to reincarnate, because He is eternal. He had no need to become, because HE IS.

Yes, He did come to earth as a baby, and it was no surprise because He said that is exactly what He was going to do. He said He would die and resurrect, and that is exactly what He did. He said He is coming back, in flesh. He, so far, did two of those three things He said He would do, it makes me think He is well capable of doing the third, because it seems to be the easiest of the three.

Will you reject one part of god for another part of the whole? You are yourself an equal part of that whole. I am still evolving and will do that for billions of years more if only to do what is needed. You might be further along than me or not. Who cares it is not a race. Some lives you go down sometimes you go up. But where I am going I will in the end be in a place where I am equal to Christ and Buddha as all will be because all souls have the same value, they are only in a different stage of evolution. I know the story I am supposed to belive in that I have been told thru synchronicity. I will not lie of my experiances to look humble or egoless. What I am meant to belive I will belive. I do not see or hear anything that nobody else do. But what I am allowed to feel is a different subject. My mind is still warped and healing on this planet as many awakeen seeds are. But the mana/chi or whatever you call it is there and can't be ignored. My body is human and my mind is human but they are not the real me. I know the thruth that they are just temporary. I do not really know myself yeet but what do you expect from someone who is but a year old.

My views will probably not matter but continue to pursue your path and do not care what a half crazy person like me is saying. It is only you who can find your own way and learn what you are meant to understand. Maybe I am a student that have to big ego and need to push it down more. Time will tell. You gotta love the experiance of duality on this world. The feeling that you are the one that is right and the other one must be wrong. I still play around with it. You should probably at some point try out the feeling of rightous rage. Quite increadable with the chi flowing thru your body.

From my point of view. The human race is kinda funny. Looking for one savior where they are supposed to evolve to be their saviours themselves with a little help from my point of view. Looking for one special seed among probably millions. Hillarious. You gotta love rebirthamnesia. I love your practical jokes god. Even if you have to have my view to understand them as I do. Others will see them from their view and it will be a little differnt. Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Jesus is God.

I agree. In my opinion....

Jesus is not God and never claim to be. Bless his heart, that is the reason why they killed him.

He didn't like Religion. He preached love and faith....never did he say he was God. He spoke of God as someone other than he and in another place as he.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
god is all there is. the underlying, fundamental truth to reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by novastrike81

Jesus is God.

I agree. In my opinion....

Jesus is not God and never claim to be. Bless his heart, that is the reason why they killed him.

He didn't like Religion. He preached love and faith....never did he say he was God. He spoke of God as someone other than he and in another place as he.

Christ implied he was one with the father. He implied he was god. I believe he was, in a very different way than Christians do. Christ was the son of god, as we all are. Soul is localized, but in essence is no different than god

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
God is no HE, shut up! God is everything, god is nature.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

He did not imply he was God, but he did say God was with him...

"I and my father are one" does not mean "I AM the father"...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Jesus is God.

So am I. So are you.

I can't.

I'll tell you what we have done. We've traveled to the heavens and we harnessed the power of stars. That's pretty amazing to me in itself.

How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." Isaiah 14:12-14.

Actually, it sounds like you are the other guy.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
God is in everyone and everything.

God is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
god

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Here is the modern day version of my lord:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join