It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flouride, The Pineal Gland & Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Thanks. I just did a quick Google search and it seems that when Perkins (who gave the statement on that site) was contacted by the 'Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research' he was able to offer no documentation or evidence for his claims. Not that I doubt that the Nazis experimented with many different chemicals, ill keep searching to see if there are any others.
edit on 1-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It's added because the studies show there is a negative correlation between fluoride and tooth decay. These politicians aren't out there doing their own research and generally they are as ignorant of science as the average layperson. They have to rely on what their advisors tell them, and in turn their advisors have to rely on what the research articles they have read say. It's also worth noting that the US doesn't even use sodium fluoride in its water anymore. hexafluorosilicic acid sodium hexafluorosilicate are much more common additives nowadays. What does this have to do with the calcification of the pineal gland though? Calcification is caused by calcium.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Flouride is a compound of Flourine
en.wikipedia.org...
"Fluoride is not an essential mineral for mammals, but does prevent tooth decay"

Flouride, Teeth and the Atomic Bomb
www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

What does this have to do with the calcification of the pineal gland though? Calcification is caused by calcium.

I just read this on a toothpaste website that promotes sodium flouride:

To maintain as high a level of calcium in the plaque fluid as possible, apply MI Paste PLUS each morning and again each night, immediately before retiring. This contains and releases calcium, phosphate and fluoride ions in the correct ration (5:3:1) for optimal remineralization of tooth structure.
--------------------------------------------------
I'm guessing flouride promotes too much calcium. Along with all the other calcium we get in food + milk...bye Bye pineal gland

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

From your first link

The best available evidence shows no association with adverse effects other than fluorosis, most of which is mild

Dental fluorosisis a developmental disturbance of dental enamel caused by excessive exposure to high concentrations of fluoride during tooth development. The risk of fluoride overexposure occurs between the ages of 3 months and 8 years.

My issue with this 'conspiracy' is that if flouride actually as dangerous as it's made out to be (I'm not arguing it should be added to a nations water supply, I'm againstfluoridation of public water supplies or that it is 100% safe) there'd be a much larger uproar from the millions of people qualified worldwide.
There are numerous reputed scientific journals all of which routinely publish studies in the interest of public health, were there such a risk there would be an extremely large movement within the scientific community (not the 'conspiracy theorist' community) for a freeze on water fluoridation until all of the facts could be attained.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There are just as many independent studies that show it is of no benefit at all, and the myth that it does prevent tooth decay is only applicable to those under the age of twelve. So why give it to the whole population? and like I said before, why dont they add some nice vitamin A,B,C etc to go along with it since they are looking out for us? Why just flouride? It is a toxic industrial waste by-product that they add to my water without my consent and tell me its good for me. I'm sure theres no hidden agenda there. I'm sure it is just a concidence that Americans are some of the most ignorant, easily led people on the planet. And also some of the heaviest flouridated. I'm sure its also a coincidence that 1951 was when the U.S. decided putting flouride in its drinking water, and Operation Paperclip had just brought a whole slew of German researchers and scientists to America that had been doing this in Germany to their prisoners and laborers.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

“The individual is handicapped by coming face to face
with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.”
― J. Edgar Hoover

The link was more just bringing up the A-bomb stuff, and how it relates. Flouride is used in rat poison.
www.fluoride-history.de...

edit on 1-2-2012 by revolutionphase1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by revolutionphase1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But you must also concede that dentists world wide have no moral qualms about distributing toothpaste with extra fluoride to combat tooth decay? Would you argue that they (who are most knowledgeable about the chemical and it's effects and uses) are merely willingly poisoning every one of their patients?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

Sodium Fluoride is not a rat poison, Sodium Fluoroacetate (a different chemical) is sometimes used as an ingredient in rat poison and as far as those more educated than I on the subject can tell it is broken down and dispersed relatively quickly when it comes into contact with water.

Research by NIWA showed that 1080 (Sodium fluoroacetate) deliberately placed in small streams for testing was undetectable after only 8 hours.

Again I want to reiterate that I'm not saying there aren't risks involved with flouride, I only recent started to get an interest in the topic upon reading this thread so I'm looking around for alot of sources about it now.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

But you must also concede that dentists world wide have no moral qualms about distributing toothpaste with extra fluoride to combat tooth decay? Would you argue that they (who are most knowledgeable about the chemical and it's effects and uses) are merely willingly poisoning every one of their patients?

No, actually I would say that they ignorantly poisoning their patients, not willingly. I could be wrong, but I really don't think that studying the chemical makeup and adverse health effects of Flouride is something really pushed hard in dental school. The dentist instructors probably just say "Flouride is good for the teeth" and leave it at that. Just turn over any tube of toothpaste and read the back, they all say the same thing. "In the event of swallowing more than a pea sized amount contact a poison control center immediately." That statement right there tells me its a poison hidden in plain site.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Fluoride in mass quantities (like many chemicals) can kill (though out of over 12000 reports of children swallowing excess amounts of toothpaste only 2 resulted in serious hospitalization). You aren't supposed to swallow toothpaste you're supposed to spit it out. The main reason being cited that I can find seems to be that the combination of chemicals found in toothpaste can irritate the stomach.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You aren't supposed to swallow toothpaste you're supposed to spit it out.

And why are you supposed to spit it out? Its a poison. If its just an irritated stomach that they are worried about, then the label would read CAUTION: swallowing this stuff can give you a tummyache. Toothpaste only serves as an abrasive to clean your teeth. You can clean them just as well with a little baking soda. I'm sorry, but I just dont buy the "fact" that a toxic industrial waste by product added to my water, toothpaste, etc. is good for me in any way.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Its added to water in a minuscule quantity, and it's use in toothpaste is only dangerous if you swallow a large amount of it (which is a genuine concern for children). Regardless I don't use heavily fluoridated toothpaste and as far as I'm aware I'm in a part of the country where there is no fluoride in the water so I'm not overly concerned. Still, from what I can gather the slight risks with the use of fluoride are a far cry from what is often portrayed as some sort of mass poisoning. That being said I don't support the government attempting to mandate unnecessary chemical additives to a nations water supply.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Still, from what I can gather the slight risks with the use of fluoride are a far cry from what is often portrayed as some sort of mass poisoning. That being said I don't support the government attempting to mandate unnecessary chemical additives to a nations water supply.

I don't either, and the fact that they do, and tell everyone its for their own good, tells me that theres some kind of ulterior motive other than looking out for the publics dental health. Maybe I've been on ATS too much and become suspicious of everything. Then again, maybe it really is to help keep the majority of people distracted and asleep.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This is what we can agree on. On the back of toothpaste is says add a "pea" amount. That would cover about 1/4 of your brush. On TV and even on the actual PACKAGE, there is a nice large amount of toothpaste fully coating the whole brush. So about 3x more than you need. They all come in different sweetened fruity/mint/cinnomin flavors and in shiny little squeezable bottles. Spitting out your toothpaste when your done helps, but you already absorbed it immidiatly through the mouth. Do this morning and night your whole life since a kid, and i guarentee it plays a HUGE roll in your future health.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

well, if you do not want to open your mind to the idea that what the government and their scientific community say is wrong because of 'conspiracy theories', perhaps you should look at this thread on ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, for another poster who asked where the reference to the Nazi's using fluoride was:

This is an excellent link that will provide quotes from Charles Perkins

www.relfe.com...

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination, by slowly poisoning and narcotizing a certain area of the brain, thus making him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him."-Charles Perkins

Fluoride is bad for the human body. It has limited use topically and is awful when ingested. It reacts with other substances we put in our bodies and is derived from such wonderful places as a by-product of the aluminum industry and scrubbers from fertilizer production.

Anyone who refutes the information that is very widely available is simply choosing not to understand. I actually can empathize with this position as a matter of fact. It was not until I truly awakened that I would accept the truth of certain things (like fluoride). Things that attack the foundation of trust and belief in our leaders to not just do what is right, but actually have our best intentions at heart. When we find out that they do not have our best intentions at heart, it is very unsettling and uncomfortable. Denial is a very real stage of trauma. The trauma is the awakening.

Be well, eventually it will all be O.K. I hope enough people awaken in time to ease the suffering of the masses from things like fluoride and the NDAA and RF transmitters in health care and GMO's etc.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde

Also, for another poster who asked where the reference to the Nazi's using fluoride was:

This is an excellent link that will provide quotes from Charles Perkins

www.relfe.com...

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination, by slowly poisoning and narcotizing a certain area of the brain, thus making him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him."-Charles Perkins

Bingo! Mass Flouride intake = No Revolution!

Sneaky bastards. So stop buying Crest/Colgate and encourge more people to get off Fouride. Natural-type toothpastes are rare, but available. 0 grocery stores around me have them. Figures. Baking soda works perfect, just nasty compared to the sweet pastes we've been programmed too.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

I noted the Charles Perkins quote. And when he was requested by the 'Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research' for documentation or how he came to this conclusion he was unable to provide any information, merely reiterating a similar quote. That being said I don't wholly doubt his claim, I'm willing to bet every government has at some point conducted some sort of research into applying chemical additives to a water supply. Also there is a lack of substantial evidence supporting that Fluoride has any negative effects aside from being attributed to the irritation of the stomach (which can escalate to severe complications in infants) if a large amount of toothpaste is ingested.

I'm very open minded about the risks involved with fluoride. I've said repeatedly that I don't think it's a good idea to add it to a nation's water supply. However I also doubt the severity of many of the claims made against the chemical, often with a lack of substantiating evidence or scientific data. I'm not saying there aren't risks involved with it, I'm saying that I doubt it's a scheme by the government to poison the entire population (themselves included) and I doubt millions of dentists the world over would prescribe it daily if there were any substantial risks with it's use. I am also outright against the amount of what appears to be fear-mongering and almost apocalyptic references to a chemical which is supplied to people with clear warnings of the possible dangers associated with it and that it shouldn't be over consumed.

That being said I am still learning about it, so I would appreciate any links you think I may be interested in, however I've read alot on fluoride this past hour or so.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Most humans trust their dentist/doctor. Brainwash every dentist/doctor through school and you dont have to worry about the people. Same goes for the Army/Navy/Air Force. Your fighting to "protect" America, but from what? They dont care, they just know they "HAVE" to do it. Brainwashed.
Go to school, college, job, retirement...brainwash!
I'm new to this ATS forum, but i still believe in posting threads about foiling such huge conspiracys, that it just doesnt make sense. THESE are the first steps in a revolution.
*If you think this flouride theory is a bunch of crap, you can join the millions who think the same way. As for me.....i have to keep fighting

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the respectful response, I look forward to sharing with each other on this topic....

Here is a nice pdf that is a bridge betwixt our positions it seems.... scientific exploration and statement that is not as radical as I suggest and a little more definitive than you suggest.

I will continue to add what I can as we go along

www.newmediaexplorer.org...

articles.mercola.com...
edit on 1-2-2012 by EarthChilde because: added link

edit on 1-2-2012 by EarthChilde because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by EarthChilde because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join