It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL

Then that would actually be illegal as hell if they told you "to F off".

I suggest you call the office of veteran affairs.

Do you have felonies? Were you dishonorably discharged? Have you been court martialed? Any DUIs?

-------------------------

As of your edit ... this is why you do not qualify. It will follow you the rest of your life.
edit on 2-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Then that would actually be illegal as hell if they told you "to F off".

I suggest you call the office of veteran affairs.

Do you have felonies? Were you dishonorably discharged? Have you been court martialed? Any DUIs?

Nope, just spoke my mind about political issues. They did not like that at all.(not just they, my whole brainwashed platoon also) Then I started not caring after during a gear layout all my stuff got stolen, 1+k worth of gear, no investigation, just "oh well your paying for it" After that I stopped caring and was told "if I do not get with the program I am not an asset to the army, do you want out" I said sure. And no the financial aid did not tell me literally to F off, they said no.

U
edit on 2-2-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't care, at least I am not a Bradley Manning. Could have been worse.

U
edit on 2-2-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'm not a Republican but this sounds like typical republican bashing.

Here in the US the poor have it better than the poor in almost any other country.

How many obese poor people do other countries have?

Personally, I think that the welfare and social services that the US provides have created a poor underclass. Many people in this underclass remain there because it's all they know.

To some extent, I agree with you. The poor in the US do have it better than the poor in some other countries.

But, obesity in the poor is at least partly due to the fact that it is cheaper to buy crappy food compared to eating healthy. It is far cheaper to feed a family on McDonald's, than it is buying fresh healthy food from the supermarket and cooking it.

The rising cost of food is a big problem for the very poor.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Saying " I dont care is not resolving the issue". You should care , and you should be figuring out how to move on with your life. This will follow you.

If you recieved a OTH - which you said you already spoke with VA about , you could still possibly get a review.

Moving to a country like France , Spain , Italy , Sweden and perhaps Britian ; you may have a better chance at success.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That's the thing on what people call "poor"

Cell phones,xbox 360s,led tvs and a myriad of other things a "poor person" doesn't have but they do

So should people be concerned for those people? No.

Being poor myself, I can see why some have these things. You have to be smart about it though. Cell phones that are needed for their work should not be considered a luxury. My husband has one of those type of jobs.

Even with a cell phone, we got boost mobile. It works fine for our area. Maybe not the greatest, but it doesn't gouge the pockets either. In 5 months my husband's cell will be down to $35 a month with their reduction plan, which isn't bad considering how expensive they can get with other carriers who like to lock you in for two years with the first 6 months at a discount. Then you get the sticker shock after all the fees, and another sticker shock after the discount ended.

Actually in the long run, buying a gaming system a one time cost, usually from a tax return, with a subscription to gamefly and netflix is cheaper than tv with all the garbage on it. Just make sure netflix supports the gaming system you are thinking of purchasing, and the movies and shows can be streamed to your tv through the gaming system. Gamefly allows members to download some free decent pc games with their new beta client.

Or scrap the gaming system, pay for netflix and shockwave, which is even less expensive. Be prepared to be crowded around your computer when everyone wants to watch the movie, or fight for computer use.

What people need to realize here is that the $32 for gamefly and netflix helps keep some sanity in the household. It is not going to pay for a bill. If anything, I just buy cheaper laundry detergent, toilet paper, and etc.

With comments about people selling their nice cars for junkers, only if the family can afford the cost of repairing the junker car. In the long run, that can be more expensive than the nice car you would have them sell. With kids and a job, you need safe reliable transportation. I'm sure fellow motorists would be happy if all cars on the road were safe.

When a relative offers to make your down payment to get you in a decent house where the mortgage is less than rent. Take the offer. That is how we got in our house.

Yes, poor can have nice things, but the average person won't pay the prices we do, since they wouldn't step foot in places we will. People who are well off I don't see at local thrift stores, cheap second hand stores that sells nice things, hit up yard sales, and etc.

If you know how to fix things, you can get things for free and fix them. That is how we got our big older style TV, a big deep freezer, and a washing machine. I admit the older i-pod we got for free that wasn't working, we took to the geek squad. All it needed where the right cords, and charged. All we paid for were for the cords, and got free instruction from the helpful geek squad member at best buy on proper use and maintenance.

My oldest daughter got the I-pod for her birthday. You have to be willing to accept older models, and that it will have some flaws like the freezer having a little bit of rust on the outside, but still works like a champ. The i-pod has a minor dent on the back, and the tv needed fixed three times in the four years we had it.

When getting things for free that someone put out for the trash on bulk pick up day, always talk to the owner before trying to take the item. It is best to scour the nice neighborhoods for such items, since the poorer neighborhoods mainly use things until they really do wear out beyond repair.

Oh, what things people throw away.

I know many of you if you could come into my house would be asking how could you afford half the things you have if you didn't know what I posted above.

I do admit I bought our living room furniture new on sale at Big Lots.

Mitt Romeny, Shame on you for even saying those words. I don't care are three dangerous words in any circumstance.
edit on 2/2/2012 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Saying " I dont care is not resolving the issue". You should care , and you should be figuring out how to move on with your life. This will follow you.

If you recieved a OTH - which you said you already spoke with VA about , you could still possibly get a review.

Moving to a country like France , Spain , Italy , Sweden and perhaps Britian ; you may have a better chance at success.

The more I see what is going on here, the more I want to move to another country. The people outside of the U.S. that I know are more polite and have more morals than any turd here. I was thinking maybe sweden or switzerland. But as far as the VA I guess I could still try again. But I feel my odds are like "hey I just had a lottery ticket that was worth 50k, but I lost it, am I still a winner"?

U

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."

What exactly is considered as "very poor" and how many of them live in the US?

Isn't it kind of stupid to bash a pretty big part of your nation like that in an election year?

Needless to say that what Mr Romney calls a safety net is a joke at best.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is a family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog. Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1. $1100.00 in food stamps a month for 4 kids (mother pregnant again).
2. Medicaid.
3. HUD housing.
4. Pal grant checks for school loans.
5. 3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6. $40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” bumper sticker on back.
7. $50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And WHO is paying for all the above? The middle class! Makes me SICK!

How the heck are they getting $1100 in food stamps? We are down to $300 a month with a family of five. My husband has a job for now. Owner keeps talking about closing up business, but hasn't yet. The most we ever gotten when we were both out of work was near $800.

It does sound like a lot of fraud going on there, especially with drugs involved. It makes it that much harder for honest people who need the help.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
One word: Republicans

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
This is taken way out of context and he is right even if he wanted to be more aggressive.

The very poor have medicaid, section 8 housing, food stamps and many other programs, They have not been affected by the recession it is the middle class who work and try hard at raising themselves up and being self sufficient who have been hit hardest by the recession.

It is the middle class who dont have medicaid or section 8 housing and need to worry about losing their homes or going bankrupt for lack of health insurance.

What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group, most (not all) of which cant keep or want a job (since they can get by on the handouts), all their handouts should be taken away and given to the working class to provide them the working and middle class with subsidized health care and subsidized housing. Free makes people even more lazy, subsidies makes things attainable during the hard times for those who work for it.

It is the middle class like mitt said, the middle 90% who are having a hell of a time during this recession, the very poor are still slumming it up like they where during the boom times, nothing has changed for them except maybe they have more neighbors because the middle class has been getting pummeled.

you're a sick #. no empathy whatsoever. the lower class works 10 times harder than you, and they make 1/10 of what you make. The poor contribute more to society than you do or know.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Republicans?

Democrats are the one who did the 1.1 Trillion bail out package.

According to the Audit (which is still in process) Obama has lent out 16 Trillion US dollars. 2007 - 2010

www.forbes.com...

----

One word: Democrats

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

reply to post by dadgad

Republicans?

Democrats are the one who did the 1.3 Trillion bail out package.

According to the Audit (which is still in process) Obama has lent out 16 Trillion US dollars. 2008 - 2010

www.forbes.com...

----

One word: Democrats

Don't drink and post...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

Originally posted by Propulsion
There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is a family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog. Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1. $1100.00 in food stamps a month for 4 kids (mother pregnant again).
2. Medicaid.
3. HUD housing.
4. Pal grant checks for school loans.
5. 3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6. $40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” bumper sticker on back.
7. $50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And WHO is paying for all the above? The middle class! Makes me SICK!

How the heck are they getting $1100 in food stamps? We are down to $300 a month with a family of five. My husband has a job for now. Owner keeps talking about closing up business, but hasn't yet. The most we ever gotten when we were both out of work was near $800.

It does sound like a lot of fraud going on there, especially with drugs involved. It makes it that much harder for honest people who need the help.

so 1% of people use the system fraudulently....so we should scrap the system altogether. Let's let the 99% of those on foodstamps who actually NEED them suffer, aka starve to death.
I can guarantee you that more than 1% of rich people use the system fraudulently....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
One word: Republicans

Aww come on.. Don't you know by now that they are all the same? There is no Republican or democrat, it is "them" as a whole. Same agenda, different mask. I suck at analogies but compare a horse to a zebra. So what if one has stripes, it's still a horse.

U

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

This is taken way out of context and he is right even if he wanted to be more aggressive.

The very poor have medicaid, section 8 housing, food stamps and many other programs, They have not been affected by the recession it is the middle class who work and try hard at raising themselves up and being self sufficient who have been hit hardest by the recession.

It is the middle class who dont have medicaid or section 8 housing and need to worry about losing their homes or going bankrupt for lack of health insurance.

What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group, most (not all) of which cant keep or want a job (since they can get by on the handouts), all their handouts should be taken away and given to the working class to provide them the working and middle class with subsidized health care and subsidized housing. Free makes people even more lazy, subsidies makes things attainable during the hard times for those who work for it.

It is the middle class like mitt said, the middle 90% who are having a hell of a time during this recession, the very poor are still slumming it up like they where during the boom times, nothing has changed for them except maybe they have more neighbors because the middle class has been getting pummeled.

You are a sick fu

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL

Originally posted by Ghost375

You are a sick fu

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Romney "Not Concerned About the Very Poor

GOP front-runner Mitt Romney said this morning that he's not concerned about the plight of the country's very poor because there are social safety nets that take care of them.

"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."

Wow, the nerve of this guy. I'm no fan of Romney, but i can hardly believe he has the softballs to say this--nationally.

Safetly nets that YOU want to GET RID OF!?! To even say such a thing--that he is not concerned about the VERY poor--shows his true despicable nature.

One could attribute the slippage (if it is indeed such) to being extremely tired (which then allows his true feelings to come out), but it shows his character. Screw the bottom of society, those who barely have NOTHING, including the HOMELESS. Hey, they're just outliers, right, just like the very rich.

He also said:

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans," Romney told CNN's Soledad O'Brien

The Poor aren't considered Americans to Romney? Or only those that make money, help his corporate buddies, and "contribute to society?"

By the way, let me bulldoze my mansion to build a bigger mansion, 'cause i am not worried about you people who can't eat. By the way, if you can't eat, and get food stamps, my opponent says Obama is the food stamp president, and we don't like government handouts, so that is one safety net we'll probably cut.

Hey, i'm Romney, i have the poor's best interest in mind in this Great country of The US.
Just stay out of our way, and we'll throw you the scraps. Vote for me!

What say you, ATS? Another slip of his true self...?

edit on 1-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

As predicted, Romney was taken out of context. He also said that "I am not concerned about the very rich, because they are doing OK. It is the middle that I am concerned about."

I am sure someone will post a link to the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

According to the Audit (which is still in process) Obama has lent out 16 Trillion US dollars. 2007 - 2010

I know this will come as a shock to you and your fellow republicans, but Bush was President until 2009.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join