Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 1
73
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+48 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Romney "Not Concerned About the Very Poor


GOP front-runner Mitt Romney said this morning that he's not concerned about the plight of the country's very poor because there are social safety nets that take care of them.



"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."


Wow, the nerve of this guy. I'm no fan of Romney, but i can hardly believe he has the softballs to say this--nationally.

Safetly nets that YOU want to GET RID OF!?! To even say such a thing--that he is not concerned about the VERY poor--shows his true despicable nature.

One could attribute the slippage (if it is indeed such) to being extremely tired (which then allows his true feelings to come out), but it shows his character. Screw the bottom of society, those who barely have NOTHING, including the HOMELESS. Hey, they're just outliers, right, just like the very rich.

He also said:

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans," Romney told CNN's Soledad O'Brien


The Poor aren't considered Americans to Romney? Or only those that make money, help his corporate buddies, and "contribute to society?"

By the way, let me bulldoze my mansion to build a bigger mansion, 'cause i am not worried about you people who can't eat. By the way, if you can't eat, and get food stamps, my opponent says Obama is the food stamp president, and we don't like government handouts, so that is one safety net we'll probably cut.

Hey, i'm Romney, i have the poor's best interest in mind in this Great country of The US.
Just stay out of our way, and we'll throw you the scraps. Vote for me!

What say you, ATS? Another slip of his true self...?
edit on 1-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)



+47 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He's so out of touch with real people that he doesn't even know how insane he sounds. He has "slipped" a few times, but he isn't even aware of it. He thinks the nearly $400K he makes a year for speaking engagements is "not very much"... Source

What do we really expect? This guy's TOTALLY out of touch.

Obama's not going to have a very tough job ahead if Mitt keeps this up. All Obama will have to do is keep quiet and Mitt will bury himself!



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
sounds like it was taken out of context to me....

and I'm not even a Romney Supporter!



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I honestly think Mitt is showing symptoms of Biden-foot-in-mouth disease....
edit on 1-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama's not going to have a very tough job ahead if Mitt keeps this up. All Obama will have to do is keep quiet and Mitt will bury himself!

When we meet in threads, its usually on opposite sides of the arguement.

But on this above quote:

You nailed it.


Let Mitt talk, he'll do the work.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is the same guy who borrows millions of dollars from other companies and spends it irresponsibly. Then turns around and says that the U.S. needs to stop spending money irresponsibly and he's the guy who can change that.


+6 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama's not going to have a very tough job ahead if Mitt keeps this up. All Obama will have to do is keep quiet and Mitt will bury himself!

When we meet in threads, its usually on opposite sides of the arguement.

But on this above quote:

You nailed it.


Let Mitt talk, he'll do the work.


Let both Newt and Romney talk, the more you engage them in conversation the more they will expose their faults. They are both absolutely terrible candidates and do more to bolster Obama than they do help their party. At the end of the day all candidates with the exception of Ron Paul are different faces upfront of the same mindsets.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
sounds like it was taken out of context to me....

and I'm not even a Romney Supporter!


Exactly. There is alot to attack Romney with without resorting to taking him out of context.


+37 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is taken way out of context and he is right even if he wanted to be more aggressive.

The very poor have medicaid, section 8 housing, food stamps and many other programs, They have not been affected by the recession it is the middle class who work and try hard at raising themselves up and being self sufficient who have been hit hardest by the recession.

It is the middle class who dont have medicaid or section 8 housing and need to worry about losing their homes or going bankrupt for lack of health insurance.

What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group, most (not all) of which cant keep or want a job (since they can get by on the handouts), all their handouts should be taken away and given to the working class to provide them the working and middle class with subsidized health care and subsidized housing. Free makes people even more lazy, subsidies makes things attainable during the hard times for those who work for it.

It is the middle class like mitt said, the middle 90% who are having a hell of a time during this recession, the very poor are still slumming it up like they where during the boom times, nothing has changed for them except maybe they have more neighbors because the middle class has been getting pummeled.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What do we really expect? This guy's TOTALLY out of touch.

Obama's not going to have a very tough job ahead if Mitt keeps this up. All Obama will have to do is keep quiet and Mitt will bury himself!


I completely agree. Welcome to four more years of Obama if Mitt gets the GOP's endorsement.

To quote the sage words of South Park, its going to be yet another prototypical election between a GD and a TS...shocker.
edit on 1-2-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)


+28 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group, most (not all) of which cant keep or want a job (since they can get by on the handouts), all their handouts should be taken away and given to the working class to provide them the working and middle class with subsidized health care and subsidized housing.


You must be Mitt's campaign manager.


Even taken in context this attitude of his (and yours, apparently) is highly misinformed.

Have a nice day and enjoy the election.


+9 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
The very poor have medicaid, section 8 housing, food stamps and many other programs, They have not been affected by the recession
What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group,

WOW

Looks like Mitt started a ATS account (quote above) to see what people are thinking.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence
 


I am definitely not a Romney supporter, but isn't that much like saying "I'm not concerned about your child, because I expect you'll take care of him"?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
To be fair...Romney is only saying what all the Republican candidates actually believe. None of them care about the poor.

The real story here is that he claims he isn't concerned about the very rich either...and that is why he wants to cut their taxes.
edit on 1-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm not a Republican but this sounds like typical republican bashing.

Here in the US the poor have it better than the poor in almost any other country.

How many obese poor people do other countries have?

Personally, I think that the welfare and social services that the US provides have created a poor underclass. Many people in this underclass remain there because it's all they know.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
sounds like it was taken out of context to me....

and I'm not even a Romney Supporter!


One would think, but apparently, even after asked to clarify, he goes on to say

"Well, you had to finish the sentence, Soledad," said Romney. "I said I'm not concerned about the very poor that have the safety net, but if it has holes in it, I will repair them

which goes back to my OP: he idea "repair," is likely going to do more harm than good for these people.

He later said

My focus is on middle income Americans
which is well and fine, BUT:

He should try to focus on everyone, not write some groups off, even if that group might be "small." These people need just as much help--if not more--than the others.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)


+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer
 


now now, the poor are just stupid and lazy and dont want to work, or is it that all the jobs have been shipped out of our country? when someone calls their bank and someone in punjab answers in broken english u know somethings messed up, or is it a way to keep illegals in their own country @ 70 cents an hour? or is it the middle classes fault that they need every gadget, gizmo, new car out there, that they overlook the fact that the iphone is made in china by someone working in slave like conditions for 70 cents an hour? materialism anyone? take away materialism from the middle class and i bet they wont be living check to check anymore. newsflash, if u dont have a new car, iphone, ipad, mac, own property, have nice toys and go on more than 2 vacations a year, summer house etc..u probably arent middle class. it is nice to have those things and all but more than likely it will be at the expense of american jobs. capitalism in a nut shell. so maybe we should just get rid of our lower class or better yet send them all to china where they can be out of site out of mind and all be guaranteed 70 cents an hour 15 hour days


forget all the finger pointing guys, we are all in this together, rich and poor and everyone needs to compromise and change their ways a little if our country and economy is ever going to get better..


+7 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer
 


Yes, the poor have it so great.



It's rich who struggle, always having their taxes raised, and the middle class can barely feed their kids because corporations--Romney's friends--keep screwing them over. So, let's cut the safety needs for the poor, cut taxes for the rich, and keep the corporations raping middle America.

Great plan, Mitt.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence
 


yes completely out of context of your original post...

he said hes not worried about it because its not a problem.. I AGREE with him on that... considering RIGHT NOW if you live in california you make more money on the Government dollar than you do getting a real job.....

I think that system is fine.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Romney "Not Concerned About the Very Poor


GOP front-runner Mitt Romney said this morning that he's not concerned about the plight of the country's very poor because there are social safety nets that take care of them.



"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."


Wow, the nerve of this guy. I'm no fan of Romney, but i can hardly believe he has the softballs to say this--nationally.

Safetly nets that YOU want to GET RID OF!?! To even say such a thing--that he is not concerned about the VERY poor--shows his true despicable nature.

One could attribute the slippage (if it is indeed such) to being extremely tired (which then allows his true feelings to come out), but it shows his character. Screw the bottom of society, those who barely have NOTHING, including the HOMELESS. Hey, they're just outliers, right, just like the very rich.

He also said:

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans," Romney told CNN's Soledad O'Brien


The Poor aren't considered Americans to Romney? Or only those that make money, help his corporate buddies, and "contribute to society?"

By the way, let me bulldoze my mansion to build a bigger mansion, 'cause i am not worried about you people who can't eat. By the way, if you can't eat, and get food stamps, my opponent says Obama is the food stamp president, and we don't like government handouts, so that is one safety net we'll probably cut.

Hey, i'm Romney, i have the poor's best interest in mind in this Great country of The US.
Just stay out of our way, and we'll throw you the scraps. Vote for me!

What say you, ATS? Another slip of his true self...?
edit on 1-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)



by very poor, he means the middle class btw.

compared to him all of us are "very poor"

this guy makes more money in one day doing nothing than some people do in an entire year.

why is this guy a forerunner for president





new topics
top topics
 
73
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join