It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Micheal Jackson was a hero. One of the only artists that become a total cult icon without selling out. A true natural born super talent.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Just seen on Yahoo, no wonder he is not worried as he is apart of the elite dynasty of nobles and is distant cousins with the Bush family.

Looks like more of the same old autocrats, telling the populace to eat cake

having something doesn't automatically mean you are evil.
it's your personal view of the value and rights of others, that's on trial here. doesn't matter what your financial, racial or religious status is, in the usa, if you are not treated as equally valuable, but instead are held to some invisible fleeting notion of "forgiveness of past sins" that never seems to materialize, you are gonna be upshiets creek without a paddle. this is what i keep trying to tell anonymous supporters. saying WE DON'T FORGET WE DON'T FORGIVE is the entire problem in a nutshell.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks the poor have a safety net is a complete dumb ass, and anyone with an account at Tiffany's is completely out of touch with the realities most of us poor people face. Had either said they will freeze food prices, they might have gotten my attention and possible vote. Sorry if this offends anyone, but the rich white men's club for president don't cut it in this country anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
Anyone that thinks the poor have a safety net is a complete dumb ass, and anyone with an account at Tiffany's is completely out of touch with the realities most of us poor people face. Had either said they will freeze food prices, they might have gotten my attention and possible vote. Sorry if this offends anyone, but the rich white men's club for president don't cut it in this country anymore.

IT ISN'T ABOUT BEING RICH OR BEING WHITE. stop with that crap.
it's about people who want to hold you personally accountable for stuff you did when you were a kid AND THEY WILL. it's about people who judge you based on your financial status, racial status or religion, AND THEY DO. oh man you have no idea what's going on. none whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The Republicans are over and dead. For good. I will shave my . if they win the next election. (without fraud)

If they ever want a come-back they are going to need to change their entire propaganda-model, because they are completely outnumbered by a vast majority of voters.

I think it's all part of some scheme. Obama is the most charismatic president that the USA has had since a very long time. Not only is he exceptionally intelligent, he is black as well. This man is a walking propaganda model. He knows how to hand over the speeches that satisfy the majority minority if you know what I mean. He knows how to make the promises.

But the agenda is going to war with Iran. It's obviously so. Both parties are in on it. It's just that Obama makes better promises.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
This is taken way out of context and he is right even if he wanted to be more aggressive.

The very poor have medicaid, section 8 housing, food stamps and many other programs, They have not been affected by the recession it is the middle class who work and try hard at raising themselves up and being self sufficient who have been hit hardest by the recession.

It is the middle class who dont have medicaid or section 8 housing and need to worry about losing their homes or going bankrupt for lack of health insurance.

What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group, most (not all) of which cant keep or want a job (since they can get by on the handouts), all their handouts should be taken away and given to the working class to provide them the working and middle class with subsidized health care and subsidized housing. Free makes people even more lazy, subsidies makes things attainable during the hard times for those who work for it.

It is the middle class like mitt said, the middle 90% who are having a hell of a time during this recession, the very poor are still slumming it up like they where during the boom times, nothing has changed for them except maybe they have more neighbors because the middle class has been getting pummeled.

STAR STAR STAR

I agree with this comment so much!!! This is well-said and if people think deeply about it, it's real.

I was thinking about this last night...

Firstly, I am a single (black) mother and have received welfare/food stamps like many others in my situation. However, I am now in school getting my Bachelor's in English (minoring in Political Science), on the Dean's list, and in the Honors Program
My point is that I do not want to be welfare forever, and am going to be a contributing member to society; I loathe a lot of my counterparts who have opposite goals, which is why I understand what Romeny said.

Now look at it...I actually got my benefits terminated...Why? Because I am in school!!! yes, they (Democratic leaders) want you very dependent on the system - instead, they reward single mothers who continue to have more babies that they cannot take care with extra cash, free food, free housing, free childcare, medical, dental, and the list goes on.....

Why is college itself (or at the least the needs of college students) not subsidized? This would make more sense. Instead, democrats continue the socialization of America by taking from the middle and upper class and giving to the poor, without encouraging the poor to get out of their situation. At least college students will become a benefit to society....

I know many will feel that I am crazy to talk like this, given my current situation, but I am a realist. If the sho fits, then its your shoe.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow ... talk about taking something way out of context!

He simply said that the poor have safety net s and government help, and the very rich don't need help. It's the middle class who are suffering and haven't got any 'help' when they need it. But of course, the press and others just see what they want.

I don't like Romney at all, but seriously .... get real and get in context.
What he said was accurate.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ping9
He's right. I was 3 the last time I talked to my father, no idea where he is. Being an only child I grew up in a small house, each floor belonged to a different family. My mother and myself lived on the middle floor and I remember never having anything to eat but peanut butter. I worked my way through college and am starting law school in the fall. I wasn;t given a thing by anyone. When I hear excuses I want to rage because the truth is when I was studying and working you were not so I feel zero empathy.

I completely agree, and I start law school Fall of 2013.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

What you are saying is true; however, it is a harsh reality to accept that 'all the jobs' are never going to come back. Why? Technology.

But this is human advancement, so you must eventually embrace it.

We are no longer needing (as many) cashiers, tellers, customer service reps in call centers, and many other positions in dying industries, because the robot can do it.

And if the robot can do it, that means its time to enhance or change your skills

and get some college education.

I am not saying this to be harsh; I'm saying this because this is the way of the world now.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Oh please. I have no idea? really?? you don't even know me so don't make this personal about me. It's about THEM. Don't even get me started on Romney's dog on the roof of his car. I would never vote for him just based on THAT! And by the way, we are each entitled to our own opinions on this site, attacking another poster personally is a violation of terms of agreement. Stick to the topic.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama's not going to have a very tough job a. if Mitt keeps this up. All Obama will have to do is keep quiet and Mitt will bury himself!

When we meet in threads, its usually on opposite sides of the arguement.

But on this above quote:

You nailed it.

Let Mitt talk, he'll do the work.

Let both Newt and Romney talk, the more you engage them in conversation the more they will expose their faults. They are both absolutely terrible candidates and do more to bolster Obama than they do help their party. At the end of the day all candidates with the exception of Ron Paul are different faces upfront of the same mindsets.

The Republicans did once have an intelligent, decent and ethical candidate, who was very electable as well. Of course he wasn't hateful or nuts and that's probably why he only got 3%.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by ping9
He's right. I was 3 the last time I talked to my father, no idea where he is. Being an only child I grew up in a small house, each floor belonged to a different family. My mother and myself lived on the middle floor and I remember never having anything to eat but peanut butter. I worked my way through college and am starting law school in the fall. I wasn;t given a thing by anyone. When I hear excuses I want to rage because the truth is when I was studying and working you were not so I feel zero empathy.

I completely agree, and I start law school Fall of 2013.

you have many excellent points but sadly, mr. uppity up and his uppity up buddies (and by uppity up buddies i don't mean other politicians and by mr. uppity up i don't mean obama), don't look at it that way. you represent a racial profile, religious profile, a financial profile. just like the majority of the crap you read on ats, which is all about blaming people for just being who they are as human beings, who they are spiritually, who they are financially. mr uppity up and the people from the temple of uppity ups, give you the combined value of dirt. not just because of who you are racially, but also your gender, your religion (are you from the temple of uppity ups? ) and any mistakes you've made over the course of your life that they can say you should be held responsible for, PARTICULARLY, when it comes time to find a job. yes, they can even make up stuff about you because you have the combined value of dirt.

and this isn't just a usa problem, it's all over the planet.
edit on 2-2-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
As predicted, Romney was taken out of context. He also said that "I am not concerned about the very rich, because they are doing OK. It is the middle that I am concerned about."

I am sure someone will post a link to the whole thing.

He doesn't care about the rich?

Oh my GOD!

What a heartless bastage!

*sob*
*weep*

Don't worry, he will take care of them just fine. He said they'd be fine. He'll lower their capital gains and dividend and corporate taxes so the Job Creators can keep on doing an even better job than they have been for the last 5 years. Have you seen the GDP growth in China recently? It's down a percent. We have to do something about it, and fast!
edit on 2-2-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Oh please. I have no idea? really?? you don't even know me so don't make this personal about me. It's about THEM. Don't even get me started on Romney's dog on the roof of his car. I would never vote for him just based on THAT! And by the way, we are each entitled to our own opinions on this site, attacking another poster personally is a violation of terms of agreement. Stick to the topic.

correct, you are clueless on this topic. haven't you figured out yet that isn't about how much money someone else has, it's about how you treat other people? it's about the value you give to other human beings. if your value system is contingent on racial and financial status, then expect them to give it right back to you on a platter.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Romney references the 90 to 95% of American's...What is he talking about? The middle class is not that large.

He doesn't have to worry though. Most American's aren't smart enough to vote in their own interest. They still believe in all those rags to riches fables. Social mobility is lower here than in Europe. If you want to move up you should go to Europe.

en.wikipedia.org...

The "middle class" refers to white collar work. The "working class" refers to blue collar work. The working class has been taking it up the butt for at least 15 years, the middle class is just getting to join the party in the last 4. As usual most people discussing the issue on ATS don't know anything about the issue.
edit on 2-2-2012 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

He was trying to say focus on middle class, but he said it in the worst, most insensitive, out of touch way possible.
I hope he ruins himself with these retarded comments.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I honestly think Mitt is showing symptoms of Biden-foot-in-mouth disease....
edit on 1-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

They discussed this on The Five.

MSNBC will be milking this Romney quote for all that it's worth for weeks.

Romney will never recover.

Time for Newt? He got 32% of the vote in Florida & 41% of the vote in South Carolina.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Liquesence

He was trying to say focus on middle class, but he said it in the worst, most insensitive, out of touch way possible.
I hope he ruins himself with these retarded comments.

it's even worse than that, but i agree. he needs to at least not scare the heck ouf of everybody. he should realize or someone in his ranks should remind him that most of the people in the usa are scared. and when large groups of people are scared, people get hurt.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Wow ... talk about taking something way out of context!

He simply said that the poor have safety net s and government help, and the very rich don't need help. It's the middle class who are suffering and haven't got any 'help' when they need it. But of course, the press and others just see what they want.

I don't like Romney at all, but seriously .... get real and get in context.
What he said was accurate.

It's too late. They have their richest 1% quote.

David Axelrod has tears of joy running down his face.

Gordon Gekko / Mitt Romney has spoken and David Axelrod was listening.

Cue the Gordon Gekko clip: "Use the off shore accounts and keep it quiet."

Go a. and watch Wall Street again starring Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen.

It's a classic. David Axelrod is going to have a field day going after Romney.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with what Romney said. If anything the poor have TOO MANY safety nets. What is harder, sitting back and collecting gobs of benefits (welfare, food stamps, housing, cell phones, too many to list) or getting your butt up and going to work everyday?

Anyways if Obama cares about the poor it apparently isn't how you think he cares. It would appear by the numbers Obama wants more people to be poor, and therefore dependent on the govt.

Measured by total numbers, the 46 million now living in poverty is the largest on record dating back to when the census began tracking poverty in 1959. Based on percentages, it tied the poverty level in 1993 and was the highest since 1983.

link

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join