It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The party of family values at its finest.

mhmm

Manson family maybe.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by tetriswoooo

I dont believe in Man Bear Pig.

Its a scam.

I heard that Man Bear Pig was actually Pig Bear Man...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Completely the opposite: much of the damage worldwide in terms of pollution and wars was caused not by "hippy do-gooders" but by an economic and political elite.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So people who try to save the environment are the ones who are responsible for the destruction of our world?
ok buddy.

I'm just going to walk away.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I disagree, except for the Keystone pipeline. Then again, tarsand oil is very dirty oil, environmentally, leaves contamination everywhere and it can't be fully cleaned up. What's needed is a whole new clean energy infrastructure. Civilization does need to re-tool for the future, and for a sustainable future which begins to align itself in harmony with the whole net of life of which we are not only a part, but are given the charge by God to steward wisely and responsibly.

And as to the hippy movement, I honestly think they were onto something until they were overloaded with massive quantities of '___' manufactured and distributed by the CIA to short circuit them before they really did "change the world", and then those same hippies become future neocons and Wall Street bankers..

edit on 1-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

And another thing you may or may not realize is that the so-called hippies these days are only pretenders to the throne. The REAL hippies are gone
reply to post by jude11

Don't know when people will wake up to this fact. Thanks.

The real hippies are gone? Or reinvented as the "baby-boomers"?

link   

Originally posted by intrptr

...our standard of living...

As in "God bless our way of life".
Gotta be American, consumer of resources bar none.

right and add...

First off gotta be human, he is saying screw all the animals they don't matter..same with plant life.
American...consumer...uneducated as he clearly is or would understand what is at stake.

link   

What ????? Is this the "hippy do-gooders" who everyone ignores stating its a "global warming conspiracy" whilst its business a usual for all the industries responsible for all that has gone wrong.

Yeah right!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let's keep it going till Earth is a barren wasteland void of life. Consume!!

Stupid hippies, they don't know anything lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hippies seemed to connect more with communism than Capitalism as they spouted abject hatred for the "plastic" society conjured up by materialism, and went to live in communes which were mostly started by communist subversives anyway. Cmon get real about this.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Maybe they oppose stuff that they know you want just to piss you off? Hell, if I knew a way to make you scream in anguish, I'd be all over it like a cheap suit. Anyone that uses terms like Envionazi and do-gooder and hippie is totally someone that I'd love to drive up a wall.

Ever think that not every person with a working brain thinks like you? Seriously. Maybe there are even brilliant people who just don't agree with you. As far as that pipeline - let the oil/gas companies that'll be making the profits off it pay to build it. If we don't have enough money to even feed and house the people who'll inevitably rise up and take down this entire society as a result of having absolutely no reason to not take it down, then we sure as hell don't have the money to cover the cost of doing business for oil/gas companies. And I don't care what job promises they make. They've lied so much to us that even if they're stupid enough to try lying again to us, we don't have to be stupid enough to believe them.

If they want to lease the land from the people who own it, pay for the whole damn project themselves, and really take the risks that capitalism - real capitalism - demands and rewards, then I don't care what they do. If they want to cruise on our backs and then pocket the profits for themselves, then they can go screw themselves.

Oh, and if you think you're doing them any favors by being talking point delivery system for them, then wake up. Your post here simply reminded me why I can't stand rightwing bully-boys. Damn, until now, I didn't even care about this pipeline. Now I can't stomach the idea of a pipeline, even if the goddamn thing was the only thing that could ever save us. This kind of thread is the worst possible marketing tool ever.
edit on 2/1/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Look at the earthships of Taos, Nm. Look at the hard working hippies and their deplorable conditions.. *sarcasm* Beautiful structures, creature comfort. No reliance on a failing infrastructure.

Yea, that's a real step backward.

This is foolish.

Im all for passive solar and stuff like that.

The taxpayer should not foot the bill for things like clean energy though. If solyndra cannot compete with China when producing solar panels that should be their faluire. Not the taxpayers.

i don't see you raving at the bail outs to the car companies and banking systems!

link   
Interestingly, some top news today is a story about a park ranger who tasered a dog walker.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

what the hell is wrong with you we do need to do something about global warming and other environmental issues

And, we can stop right there... The whole Global Warming issue is a theory to some, and to others, bad science and hype. There's still a LOT of controversy on this one, with stats like:

Global temperatures are declining this century
Sea level has been declining for several years, and is lower now than it was in 2003
Arctic ice extent and area is the highest for the date since 2005
Temperatures in western Greenland last year were the coldest since 1996
Temperatures in Antarctica have been declining for 30 years
Antarctic ice has been increasing for 30 years
Winter snow extent is increasing, and has been near record highs in recent years
Temperatures in Texas show no increase since 1895
Drought in Australia is at historic lows
Drought in the US is well below the mean
Severe tornadoes are on the decline in the US
US hurricane strikes are on the decline
Intense hurricanes are on the decline
Polar Bear​ populations have tripled
Yellowstone Grizzly Bear populations have tripled
USHCN raw thermometer data shows that the US has been cooling since 1895

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The whole Global Warming issue is a theory to some, and to others, bad science and hype.

If it get people to think about this planet and make a conscious effort to not abuse it.

I support it in full - - whether its fully real or not.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

You mean Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals? That book is far from the conservatives playbook, Maybe the top 2 tiers RepubliCONs and DemaRATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Gazrok
The whole Global Warming issue is a theory to some, and to others, bad science and hype.

If it get people to think about this planet and make a conscious effort to not abuse it.

I support it in full - - whether its fully real or not.

The ol' "ends justifies the means" argument. Communist Marxist philosophy at it's best. Thanks Annee for making my point for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes, we should pay attention to the environment without mindlessly dumping chemicals into our waters and chopping down all our trees which create air for us to breathe... But Al Gore type fear mongering is disgusting and completely false. The earth has been cooling for a while now, it's a proven fact.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

My son and I were talking about situation that environmentalist have made worse, plastic for example,
en.wikipedia.org...

Good intentions, past environmental blunders, so I checked out this topic,

the artificial reefs that were constructed from millions of used automobile tires? These were dumped into the ocean off the coast of south Florida in 1972. Intended to create a zone rich in marine life, they have proven to be a huge ecological blunder instead, creating a vast dead zone on the ocean floor. The tires have leached chemicals toxic to fish and coral polyps. Moreover, the tires, once bundled together, have broken apart.

“environmentally friendly” toilets

In 1973, environmentalists, using the Endangered Species Act, were able to temporarily shut down the Tellico Dam project, a hydroelectric power plant that was 95 percent complete and designed to bring cheap, reliable and clean energy to the Tennessee valley area. Unfortunately, the Tellico Dam was alleged to pose a danger to the snail darter, a nondescript minnow that had somehow found its way onto the Endangered Species List, and the Tennessee River was alleged to be its only home.

It literally took an act of Congress to put the dam back on track to completion. Much later a proper scientific inquiry determined that the snail darter was neither unique to the Tennessee River nor endangered.

bsimmons.wordpress.com...

But anyway, another

ENVIRONMENTALISTS INDIRECTLY CAUSE FOREST FIRES

According to Christopher Booker's latest column (second story), the Australian bush fires have been made much worse by the government listening to the green lobby and preventing home owners from felling trees around their properties to create fire breaks. Yet more common sense being ignored in favour of green idealism.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Has anyone noticed that the worlds biggest problem is hysterical do-nothing do-gooder hippies?

No I haven't, but it seems to me the worlds biggest problem is misinformed, misguided , ignorant people who THINK they have all the answers and they are oh so simple. If only everyone else would just stop being dumb. I've personally worked as a surveyor on the Keystone pipeline in east TX before the route there got scrubbed. Let me tell you right now, they are not proposing this pipeline for job creation and energy independence. Transcanada has spent around 10-20 billion on this project because they know they will end up making 10 times that. Money is all they care about, and if a pipeline leaks into some wetlands or woods they will not care. I remember probing an existing pipeline right next to the proposed route of the KXL pipeline. It was a 12 inch natural gas pipeline spewing uncontrollably into a creek bottom. There was another survey crew we told this to and they said that they had seen the same pipeline doing the same thing over a month before we walked up on it again! They called the owner of the pipeline and reported the leak when they first found it, but a month later it was still in the same bad shape spewing NG into the creek bottom.

These people have no respect for anyone or anything except their profit margin. Thats just one example off the top of my head. I've seen many more firsthand. Mother Nature is there for them to exploit and destroy. Nothing is sacred to them. But I guess I'm just sounding like the hippies that are destroying the world.....

What an obvious troll thread.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join