It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW 12 Pages

12 pages for a Attention Deficit Disordered kid that fail to see the sarcasm of Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
He even admitted channeling Cartman on page 1.
I know its not rational to say this but I thougth you guys knew better.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by tetriswoooo

I dont believe in Man Bear Pig.

Its a scam.

What about bilderberg,CFR and Trilateral Commision?

Ok. Attack the evil "hippies" while the bankers steal trillions and hold entire countries hostage with their fake debt/default scam.
edit on 1-2-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Jesus was a hippie and you're going to be so sorry when he comes back in his hippie-spaceship to save long hairs only.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
WOW 12 Pages

12 pages for a Attention Deficit Disordered kid that fail to see the sarcasm of Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

It's a discussion generating topic, and people are discussing. Problem?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Where is your high living standard when you can buy a hamburger for $0.50 but realize that the rainforest is gone....and if your utilities are cheaper and whatnot..but you die with 40 from cancer because your air and your water is polluted and you cannot go out anymore because of the danger of skin cancer due to the ozone hole?

Because you define your "living standard" with exactly what's happening 20m in a radius around you.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The jobs created by the pipeline would not be long term; it would provide a bandaid over a gaping wound. If the pipeline were to be built a few thousand people would have jobs for a few years then they would be out of work again. This is not the right way to fix our economy.

I mean, it is a start, and if you're looking for short-lived gratification then by all means it is a great idea; if you want long term economic healing, however, the pipeline is a foolish idea.

I think the first step is to stop printing money like it is toilet paper and end these money-vacuum wars.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
WOW 12 Pages

I know he's a troll..i am just bored

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
No one in their right mind wants to see this beautiful planets environment destroyed, obviously we are living in an unique time in human history,

As I have said before, tomorrow the sun could go super nova, or a volcano could send us into a nuclear winter, but out of the muck and the mire of chemical and radiation stew, some new species will rise,

Wish I could see it.

It is a beautiful planet but it really isn't that user friendly, think of what it takes to survive here, lions, tigers and bears, oh my, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, blistering heat, tsunamis, snowstorms, volcanoes, drought, insects, disease,you name it.

hmmmm, must be hell.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
As I have said before, tomorrow the sun could go super nova, or a volcano could send us into a nuclear winter, but out of the muck and the mire of chemical and radiation stew, some new species will rise,

I hate to tell you, but the Sun will not go super nova "tomorrow", Elenin missed us also, Planet X does not exist, Hoagland is a whacko, Volcanoes do not emit anything nuclear nor can cause a nuclear winter....and the chance of a BIG meteorite hitting Earth is very, very slim.

So why distracting from REAL issues we have with all that? Do you think we can drill for Oil forever? Do you think we can weed out the rainforest forever? Do you doubt that companies are polluting the air and water and not telling us? Do you doubt that in some countries people are warned to get out into the Sun due to significant risk for skin cancer due to the ozone hole? IT'S REAL. The stuff you listed..IS NOT REAL.
edit on 1-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hippies seemed to connect more with communism than Capitalism as they spouted abject hatred for the "plastic" society conjured up by materialism, and went to live in communes which were mostly started by communist subversives anyway. Cmon get real about this.

Ok, sorry. Bring on more reality TV and Lady Gaga!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

what's not real?

Wouldn't be the first time the species on this planet were almost obliterated, heck the school is still out on the dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Not particularly religious myself, however....

Jesus was a dirty, hippie, do-gooder.... I think it worked out for him alright in the long run.

Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hate to tell you this but there are no more hippies. That was a term used for young people way back in the 1960's. I don't know anyone who uses that word any more. Any more than they are using the word groovy or the term far out. The world turns. If you dont turn with it you get left behind and continue to use outdated words that used to make you sound cool but now only make you sound lame.
Hey why not say the beat nics ruined the world. Aren't they the precursers to the hippies ? Or the teeny boppers, they came before the beat nics and hippies. Guess the young will always be blamed.

link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Not particularly religious myself, however....

Jesus was a dirty, hippie, do-gooder.... I think it worked out for him alright in the long run.

Just sayin'

I guess god loved earth he created it, but the Bible also says there will be a new heaven and a new earth, and that the earth would melt away with fervent heat.

just say-in

edit on 022929p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah, forget the corrupt businessmen, the military that condones murder, a terrible government system based on bribery, starvation, diseases, drugs, and censoring free speech. The real problem is hippies and environmentalists. What a joke. I know that they are trying to make money off of it, but in a capitalistic society is that really shocking? Everyone wants to try to make money off of EVERYTHING. It doesn't make what they are saying wrong. We treat the earth like crap. This isn't an assumption or guess. We should protect the environment and eco system. We have 7 billion people in the world, let's be realistic. It is not sustainable for us to waste like we have been wasting. Reusing / recycling = good. Protecting endangered species = good. Protecting our future as a species on this planet = good. There are no counter arguments to that, so in reality anybody who attacks environmentalists or hippies rubs me suspicious considering they care more about the planet and our future than your typical businessman or politician. Just like everyone, there's good environmentalists and bad ones. Don't forget that the causes and effects on our future are far greater than any silly scheme to make money off of it.

This type of thinking is similiar to how people blamed pacifists for WW2. That is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard. WW2 was caused by various nations working together to do bad things. Adolph Hitler caused WW2, pacifists just believe that war isn't always the answer, blaming them for that crap is absolutely nonsensical.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I think many of the hippies of the sixties became the most materialistic generation ever, they also now run the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Hate to tell you this but there are no more hippies. That was a term used for young people way back in the 1960's.

Well, I'm still here. So are a lot of us who were there in the 60's and remember Woodstock. Lots of us were there -- and we're still here and still hippie.

I don't know anyone who uses that word any more. Any more than they are using the word groovy or the term far out.

Hi! I'm Indellkoffer, and I *do* use 'hippie' (as originally meant) and have been known to say 'groovy' and 'far out' within the past year or so.

Hey why not say the beat nics ruined the world. Aren't they the precursers to the hippies ? Or the teeny boppers, they came before the beat nics and hippies. Guess the young will always be blamed.

Beatnicks were interesting, but not quite as liberal as the hippies. And teeny boppers came later.

In this case, it seems to be the young blaming the old (or rather the conservatives blaming the environmentalists.) Yes, I'm an environmentalist. I volunteer at a nature park and teach environmentalism to school kids.

I feel like I should be saying "boogeta-boogeta" or something because the original premise was that we were some sort of great overarching evil and not a bunch of grandmas out planting trees and flowers and encouraging people to pick up trash (among other things.)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I guess god loved earth he created it, but the Bible also says there will be a new heaven and a new earth, and that the earth would melt away with fervent heat.

Somehow I'm missing something, do you consider the above a good or a bad thing?

I couldn't accurately figure out the intent, I apologize.

Point is Jesus is a good example of a hippy that did some very positive, good things.

Some others:

Buddha - Dirty Hippy
Steve Jobs - Dirty Hippy
John Lennon - Dirty Hippy
The list goes on and on.....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I didn't really have good or bad in mind, you think anyone will be reading this forum in 100 years?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I will.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join