It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery teen illness: Brokovich team barred from testing school grounds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Dude it's New York, There's always a coverup. Ever hear of Love canal?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by COconspiracyguy

What the hell is going on with all these mystery illnesses at schools? I don't believe for a second that 12 or more students suddenly developed a mental disorder at the same time, that's completely ridiculous, I can't even believe they are trying to push that explanation. Perhaps this has something to do with this thread a made a few months back? I wonder how many schools have had mystery illnesses like this since I made that thread...
edit on 30-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Teen's are suddenly getting some illness? Probably something they do.

For the team though, I don't see how that wuld make sense if going into the place could have a chance for a cure.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

attention seeking teens.
Oh god I'm really getting so sick of this "poster". Everything they post melts my mind. I almost wish we still had the ability to block certain posters...

One of those girls, Chelsey Dummars, told Robach how those symptoms have changed her life.

“I was doing things,” Dummars said, her words punctuated by tics and grunts. “I was going places a lot before this happened. Now I don’t feel like even going to stores because I feel like people look at me and judge me.”

Dummars said she’s now being home-schooled because she doesn’t want to go out in public with her symptoms.

Like many of the parents of the affected girls, Dummars’s dad is distraught.

“To see her sit there and be broken to tears because she can’t handle it anymore … it rips your heart out,” said Dave Watson.

A joke you think?!?!?!

edit on 30-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Very interesting stuff. Any more news on this mysterious outbreak being linked to recently given vaccines????

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Its because these girls have Conversion Disorder.

It's all in their heads.

Thats why its all under wraps. they are protecting the students, they don't want them to look crazy.

Really?.To protect the girls?

Considering that,

"the term "Conversion disorder" originated with Freud. He viewed these apparently neurological symptoms as a result of the conversion of intrapsychic distress into physical symptoms. This distress was thought to cause the brain to unconsciously disable or impair a bodily function as a side effect of the original repression, which served to relieve the patient's anxiety
"

and he also said
":

"Others of the patient's symptoms were not of a hysterical nature at all. This is true, for example, of the neck cramps, which I consider a modified version of migraine and which as such are not to be classified as a neurosis but as an organic disorder. Hysterical symptoms, however, regularly become attached to these." Freud believed that all hysterical symptoms ultimately have some organic components.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

So they thses girls all had a major distress of some sort, meaning they new or experienced something traumatic most likey , or,
it is caused by something organic in nature.

They are definately hiding something here.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Elohimsciences because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've been flipping through the MSM channels this morning.

Not a word about this whole situation..Yet a few days ago, they
were all reporting on it...Go figure.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Because if they allowed anyone to walk on school grounds to do samples, people would be coming on grounds and faking samples to sue the schools for everything from lead poisoning to ADHD.

They don't even know what they are testing for.

An official site estimation needs to be done by a firm that is certified to do one, then they can get an idea of what tests need to be done.

And to do a panel of soil and air and water tests would costs tens of thousands for each site selected, if Erin even knows which sites to test. And most likely she will try to get the school to cover that cost.

So no, no one should just walk onto school property and do an environmental survey.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by lonegurkha

So no, no one should just walk onto school property and do an environmental survey.

Why not?? These are public grounds and the public has every right to know that their kids
are not being poisoned...

I'm sure the taxpayers in the area are paying dearly since all schools are built on borrowed money (muni bond, BEST, etc) these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Erin made a mistake. She asked for permission. She should have lied and made up a cover story of her own. The government does it all the time. Got to play the game.

It is not against the law to play on a school playground where children can eat dirt, and it is not against the law to grab a sample without permission to ensure one's child's safety. Allowing children to play on a playground that may be contaminated is irresponsible, and the school knows it, yet they do nothing about it.

Erin should have been discrete for starters. Then when she had some evidence, she could demand that an independent environmental consultant who does not work for the government or have any ties to the government, do the subsurface investigation.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You know what, i honestly think there is nothing there. But since obviously people want answers, even though these test won't likely give any,

I think Erin Brokovich should be able too test away.

I suppose it couldn't hurt being 100% sure no environmental factors play into it.

They should also let her test the old dumping sight. I don't see how they can legally stop her from doing so, clearly any judge would order her to perform the tests!

she should just do it... as long as she isn't filming a docu series or something....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
double post... first time thats happen to me =]
edit on 30-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So your ok with hordes of strangers just being able to walk onto school grounds?

Even if it its a laboratory looking to make A LOT of money?

Using labs that may or may not even be credited to actually run these tests?

Or how about the opposite, what if the labs find something there that isn't actually there, get false positives, then the girls are treated for something they don't have instead of reaching for the real culprit.

Schools are public property, they are not public accessible.
edit on 30-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How can anyone deny access to "tax funded" public facilities??

On the one hand, I can understand how fearful the school district must be now that the parents have lawyered up, especially that crazy Brokovich chick. She could get those families stupid amounts of money.

Then again, the people have a right to know what the hell is going on.

God this place makes me sick sometimes.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

On the one hand, I can understand how fearful the school district must be now that the parents have lawyered up, especially that crazy Brokovich chick. She could get those families stupid amounts of money.

Go ahead and walk into a police station, fbi headquarters, and tell me how that works out for you.

While you are at it, why don't you hand over the private medical information of the students, since that is on public property too.
edit on 30-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So your ok with hordes of strangers just being able to walk onto school grounds?

Even if it its a laboratory looking to make A LOT of money?

Schools are public property, they are not public accessible.

The only way a lab would make any money, is if they found something....

I think folks who are making Brockovich as the bad person in this, are
forgetting that it was the parents who got a hold of her, she wasn't soliciting.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Go ahead and walk into a police station, fbi headquarters, and tell me how that works out for you.

Exactly. This is the entire problem with the US....I would be like me loaning you money to build a structure, but then you wouldn't let me in to see it...The US civilian taxpayer is still king in this country, not the govt stooges,
let's keep that straight....

PS, I believe all US govt employees should be held to random drug tests too.
edit on 30-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by COconspiracyguy

The only way a lab would make any money, is if they found something....

Profoundly ignorant statement right there. Unless they are government labs, they are for profit organization. I know, I have worked for them.
they make a lot of money. And you get paid for tests whether they come up positive or not. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by COconspiracyguy

Exactly. This is the entire problem with the US....I would be like me loaning you money to build a structure, but then you wouldn't let me in to see it...The US civilian taxpayer is still king in this country, not the govt stooges,
let's keep that straight....

PS, I believe all US govt employees should be held to random drug tests too.
edit on 30-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)

Ok, I will tell the fire departments to let anyone in so people can steal thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of equipment, joy ride in a 500k ambulance, and even sabotage the equipment for firefighters so people die when they are fighting fires.

Also, we will let you walk into the FBI building, so you can look at all their case files on murderers, mobsters and gangsters, so you can make a lot of money by selling information to the criminals that the FBI knows where they are and are about to take down a Kingpin.

And we will let anyone walk on school grounds, so pedophiles can look up all the addresses of children or follow them home, so they can abduct them or rape them later.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Profoundly ignorant statement right there. Unless they are government labs, they are for profit organization. I know, I have worked for them.
they make a lot of money. And you get paid for tests whether they come up positive or not. lol

So, should the soil be tested or not? Your circular argument suggests you have more in this game than you are letting on. Do you work for someone close to this investigation?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join