It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery teen illness: Brokovich team barred from testing school grounds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

Good work!

I am just amazed at how that EPA report provides all the information one
would need to SEE that ongoing TESTS must be done to insure the safety of
anyone in the general area!

Of course the MSM would never report on that, no. They bring in a psycologist!

Corruption knows no bounds.
edit on 29-1-2012 by burntheships because:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok for the sake of these girls, and others that may be sickened or worse by the possible effects
of contamination from the Lehigh Train Derailment

PUBLIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT

LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD DERAILMENT SITE
(a/k/a LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD
TOWN OF LEROY, GENESEE COUNTY, NEW YORK

The ATSDR ( CDC ) has investigated as recently as 2009, and here is the conclusion...

Human studies on exposure to trichloroethene in drinking water during pregnancy suggest that there may be an association between oral trichloroethene exposure and childhood leukemia and birth defects (e.g., neural tube defects, oral cleft defects and congenital heart defects) (ATSDR, 1997). In each of these studies, the mothers were exposed to chemicals other than trichloroethene; therefore, the observed effects on the developing fetus may have been from some factor other than trichloroethene. Thus, these studies suggest, but cannot prove, that the developing fetus may have increased sensitivity to the effects of trichloroethene. The actions taken to reduce exposure to trichloroethene in private wells will help ensure that the potential risks are minimized.

CONCLUSIONS

Based on the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry's public health hazard category classification (see Appendix C), the Lehigh Valley Railroad Derailment site was a public health hazard in the past because of exposures to trichloroethene in some private drinking water supply wells at levels that could pose an increased risk of cancer and noncancer effects. Studies suggest, but cannot prove, that the developing fetus may have increased sensitivity to the effects of trichloroethene. Exposure to trichloroethene has occurred via ingestion, inhalation and dermal contact for possibly as long as about 20 years. The actions taken to reduce exposure to trichloroethene in private wells will help ensure that the potential risks are minimized. The site currently presents no apparent public health hazard because treatment systems were installed to reduce exposures. Future exposure could occur if trichloroethene migrates into additional private water supply wells, if new wells are installed within the contaminant plume or if treatment systems are not maintained.

RECOMMENDATIONS
1.The remedial action plan presented in the NYS DEC Record of Decision (ROD) should be carried out to provide an alternate water supply and permanently dissociate people from the contaminated water.
www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

So, this is why they dont want anyone doing alternative testing.
There are known issues continuing to this day!

These are the things that Brokovich knows, the things the parents know, and its public
knowledge. But the School District is putting out dirty bandini.
edit on 29-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I think they are pulling a south park
like stunt. I have watched many videos
of the girls and I think this is a big
scam. I could do the exact same thing.
Ever heard of the Salem witch trials
and attention seeking teens.
I mean look at all the people coming
out of the woodwork now with *symptoms*
This is not a coincident.
edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Right. Because crapping your pants is a fun prank that helps you get dates.

I guess we have have "game" at different levels
lol

2nd...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I can't think of any reason to bar that team from taking samples there unless the school and other local officials know something and need to cover it up.

The OP and you can't. I guess what you mean is the first thing that came to mind is "cover up."

Well, it could be a lot more benign, such as "don't allow testing because we don't know what we'd do if you did find something." As in, they wouldn't know what to do with the students and teachers. Then, they could be fearing a lawsuit. (Well, they could also be fearing one even more now, if something is found later.)

There are probably plenty of other good-for-them reasons that aren't necessarily so sinister as "we are trying to hide something."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by COconspiracyguy

It was legal move - the schools had no idea what could be causing the problems. It could be a mold - in which case the school could be held liable to. The resultant legal claims would bankrupt the school district.

The Brokovich team should take matters within the legal system. Once granted admission from the legal system, any and all findings could be held against the districts.

The school should be innocent until proven guilty - if someone searched you without a warrant, you can sue and get what they found tossed out of court. The Brokovich team should get legal papers on the investigation so it shows their actions sanctioned by the state/city.

But something has to be up from the claims.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Interesting. Now the trained professionals are saying it's a mass psychogenic illness (mass hysteria) that spread subconsciously. The doctor on the Today show even said that it is a rare phenomenon.

I have to ask what is more likely.

1. A rare psychological disorder usually found in the 3rd world.
2. Government testing to enroll the girls in a new treatment through the NIH.
3. Environmental condition.

With Brockovich being blocked from the school campus, my money is on the environmental condition.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by COconspiracyguy

I'd like to see you make those claims in front of the parents of these affected children...
edit on 29-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)

Do not be so naive.
I would tell them
there doing a great job.
The parents are in on it
too. It is NOT hard to
to do this.

Obviously fake.
Could do that all day.
I would tell the parents
this stunt they are pulling
is utterly SCANDALOUS.
Look the one chick can not
stop laughing she loves this
attention and thinks it is
hilarious people are BUYING
into this crap.

What a poor sad twisted world you live in. Not a shred of human decency in you. You're 100% sure you are correct about this right?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Stars should give bumps too

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

brokovich is a media whore , with a reputation for hype and hysteria - keep her out

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You know that this is not unprecedented. These sudden illnesses have befallen many a student.... but not usually -all the students- at various schools in the US and even in other countries.

ATS Thread: At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

Why people would want to continue to inflict children and keep something like this covered up- is beyond me. And Erin B. is not a media whore, by the way. Many people consider her a modern-day hero. Who's side are you on, anyways?

edit on 30/1/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by COconspiracyguy

I'd like to see you make those claims in front of the parents of these affected children...
edit on 29-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)

Do not be so naive.
I would tell them
there doing a great job.
The parents are in on it
too. It is NOT hard to
to do this.

Obviously fake.
Could do that all day.
I would tell the parents
this stunt they are pulling
is utterly SCANDALOUS.
Look the one chick can not
stop laughing she loves this
attention and thinks it is
hilarious people are BUYING
into this crap.

After reading and watching your post, i think i have tourette's now, as im now shaking my head at you whilst saying BS, BS, BS.

In the footage you posted above, the commentator said, the buildings have been tested, they didnt mention that the school grounds had been tested.
So my question is," why haven't the grounds been tested., and why wont the school let any other independant testing be done"????

Like many have said, 'This sounds like the school is a covering something up".
edit on 30-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Duh! come on people! Dont you all know its part of the high school curriculum to have Terrets like shakes...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
These teens are having an auto-immune response to a strep virus. Most likely, P.A.N.D.A.S., Pediatric auto-immune neurological disorder associated with strep. It is believed that P.A.N.D.A.S. happens when strep directly follows a previous illness. The neurons start to misfire as a result of having one illness and then another...it is too much for the immune system to handle and the brain goes haywire causing inflammation in the basil ganglia of the brain that causes a sudden almost overnight symptoms of bizarre thoughts , behaviors, and or tics. We are having a huge problem in Virginia with this illness. I know of at least six children in my area that are suffering from this. Most doctors assume that it is O.C.D or Touretts when it is actually strep and can be managed with a strong antibiotic. It is thought to be a very rare illness, however, I thing it is actually becoming a common illness that is being misdiagnosed. Think of any children that you know that have O.C.D. symptoms or tics.......ask if they have been tested for strep. They o not need to be running a fever or have a sore throat to test positive for strep. check out the link for more info. These children are not making this up.
www.pandas-pitandawareness.org
Today Show, "Sammy's Story"
Dr. Susan Swedo
www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu › MIND Institute

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
I am fed up with all of these so called "experts" in fields of medicine
and science that come up with these obviously insincere, calculating "opinions"!!!

Especially this doctor they are parading around, with his disengenious explanation!

The reason they do not want to allow independent testing is fairly obvious!

I applaud the parents of these children that will not take a load of B S answer,
and who have decided seek answers on thier own!

I went digging, and found the actual EPA report from years back on this
site, as it has had ongoing investigations. Here it is :

www.epa.gov...

The groundwater was contaminated for at least 4 miles, and as a result,
the area stopped using that source for drinking water, however that would
not stop the groundwater from seeping further...and its had plenty of time
to do do so, as this happened back in 1970.

Yet as recently as 2006 there was testing ongoing. Read the report,
you can see. There is most likely a subsequent report out there, I have
not had time to look for it.

Additionally, One news article commented on the fact that Gas companies had
recently "fracked" in the close vicininty, just prior to the onset of the
illness.

"While we don't have the answers, we are suspicious that the all-clear has been sounded on the environmental side and we don't believe that it should have been," Brockovich, who is sending an associate to LeRoy to gather samples, told the newspaper.

Environmentalists want to look into whether five natural gas wells surrounding the school, which recently underwent a fracturing procedure, may have triggered the illness.

News.AU

edit on 29-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Right you just UNVEILED the WHOLE PLAN!

What better way to get people to jump
on this bandwagon then to use *a site* THAT
already had contamination problems 50 years ago
and point at that for the legal butt sore suing that is about
to go on by the brokobich team. They study and find
some old contaminated area botch a big scheme over
there and get paid MILLIONS on the tax payers dime.
THEY got people on the hook just eating the bait like fishies.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This is what happens when you make a mess, then just roll it under the earth and let someone else later worry about it. Well, now everyone who really should be worried is dead or retired, and will never have to pay for their actions.

And the lives of these teens and their families are ruined....but a bunch of people didnt have to clean anything up in the 70s, and never had to pay for it then! Good deal, huh?

I think its obvious that what happened is the recent fracking allowed some of these chemicals access to a place they had never been before, but who knows what happened from there....maybe into a cracked water supply line, for maybe a couple of hours for one day....and during that time these girls washed their hands in one particular sink....

I think anyone suggesting that this is a fake or a psych disorder probably works for/makes a livelihood from fracking. Fracking is controversial enough, if this is added to the mix, it will probably be banned.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Right you just UNVEILED the WHOLE PLAN!

What better way to get people to jump
on this bandwagon then to use *a site* THAT
already had contamination problems 50 years ago
and point at that for the legal butt sore suing that is about
to go on by the brokobich team. They study and find
some old contaminated area botch a big scheme over
there and get paid MILLIONS on the tax payers dime.
THEY got people on the hook just eating the bait like fishies.

Well unfortunately for all of us, we are going to have to pay for what the dbags in the 70s left for us to clean up. Is it fair? no. But are you saying those girls dont have a right to sue, for having their lives ruined?

I know you seriously cant believe that they are faking this...the only question is whether you get paid to spread that opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I don't think the girls are faking this -
it would be exhausting to keep it
up and parents and school officials
not recognize the faking. Strange
now that the school will not let the
grounds be tested. Sounds like a
cover up to me.

Oh but i will bet the grounds are being tested secretly by the state and any evidence of a toxin would be covered up to protect the state from a lawsuit.

Any toxin or suspect agent could cause a lawsuit even if it did not cause this teen illness.
this would cost the school millions even if they won a lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I couldn't care less about anything Erin Brockovich supports beause she only cares about the affairs of girls and women. I don't respect anyone who only supports one sex or one gender or one color. I respect the rights of BOTH sexes, despite my distain for feminists.I am happy that her case fell through.She's only known for being as lawyer who showed the world what feminism really was anyway. A woman trying to succeed in a "supposed" man's world while bearing her breast in court to give herself an extra push for publicity. Go figure, a woman trying to show she is able to make it in a man's woring world while using the sex card to do it. god only knows that's how we men make it, we let it all hang out and seduce women by showing them our private parts until we make a name for ourselves and succeed....then tell the world we did it all legit.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Conversion disorder is common in underdeveloped countries. (especially one with many superstitions)

Conversion order is classified as shared or mass psychological issues basically.

Mostly these girls got on the Today Show. They are getting a lot of attention. They are teenaged.

Stop giving them attention, ITS ALL IN THEIR HEADS. Not real.
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

Really as soon as everyone stops paying attention is when their "disease" will go way.
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

Well, Conversion Disorder, or mass hysteria, is a plausible explanation. Trouble is that it's also a convenient cover story.

So we're really still no nearer the truth, no matter how many people claim 'Conversion Disorder'.

However, if Erin had been allowed to do her tests, negative results would make Conversion Disorder more likely. I'm sure that the official could have been confident that Erin's people would then have accepted Conversion Disorder as a likely cause and been discreet about it and this story would never have made it this far.

So, as the OP says, why not allow Erin's people access? Are they untrustworthy?

If the officials were trying to protect the privacy of children with mass hysteria, then this has surely backfired on them, since now we, as i'm sure many other forums and media outlets are discussing this 'Erin-Gate' development suspiciously.

I doubt the officials are stupid and so must have indeed suspected that refusing Erin access could in fact bring the victims more, rather than less media attention. So they must have had a very good reason - they must have decided that the risk of allowing Erin to test them out-weighed the risk of forbidding her access; there was more to lose from Erin learning the truth, than from the gossip roused by turning her away.

This means that the officials were either naive about the power of gossip such a ban would cause (odd if their aim was to protect the girls privacy), or they have something to hide.

This all hangs upon how discreet Erin and her team are deemed to be. I honestly have no idea and if she's known as someone who would blab to the media, or prone to tweeting her activities, then perhaps it was fair to turn her away. Is Erin a discreet, or blabber?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Whatever it is it's easily treatable. Just give the girls and their familes a bunch of cash and everything will be fine. Thats all it takes to cure most problems. The girls are now in over their head and it will all be gone soon$$$$$$$$$$$$

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join