Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mystery teen illness: Brokovich team barred from testing school grounds

page: 6
48
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Ok, I will tell the fire departments to let anyone in so people can steal thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of equipment, joy ride in a 500k ambulance, and even sabotage the equipment for firefighters so people die when they are fighting fires.


You make it sound like the civilian taxpayer is dishonest at best, thieves at worst..

And, you're going to tell the fire dept to let anyone in? Who are you to make this statement?
edit on 30-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

They don't even know what they are testing for.


You cant be that stupid can you??????
That is why they want to TEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. as they dont know what is there.



An official site estimation needs to be done by a firm that is certified to do one, then they can get an idea of what tests need to be done.

BS, anyone can get a shovel and some containers and fill the things up with soil.
And then all they need to do is send these samples to a certified company to test said samples.


And to do a panel of soil and air and water tests would costs tens of thousands for each site selected, if Erin even knows which sites to test. And most likely she will try to get the school to cover that cost.

Seriously, after that comment you must be working for the school or the education department.


So no, no one should just walk onto school property and do an environmental survey.


Yes they should especially if children are getting sick from attending the school, parents should be demanding these enviromental tests and surveys
edit on 30-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by COconspiracyguy
 


So your ok with hordes of strangers just being able to walk onto school grounds?

Even if it its a laboratory looking to make A LOT of money?


Using labs that may or may not even be credited to actually run these tests?

Or how about the opposite, what if the labs find something there that isn't actually there, get false positives, then the girls are treated for something they don't have instead of reaching for the real culprit.


Schools are public property, they are not public accessible.
edit on 30-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)


This is not being discrete.

In the environmental industry, there are things called duplicate samples, blank samples, trip blank samples that are tested to identify false positives such as lab contamination or shipping contamination and others.

These scientist also use very strict chain-of-custody protocol.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Give the " kids " at the Schools Lab/Science class the " Project " ,,
answers too be handed in by the end of today,,

groannnn ,,,,, for some,,,,,,,,,, already ahead of u teacher,,,for others,,,,


ok,, end of the week.

Ok everybody pair up,, lets go on a field trip,, remember too hand in your permission slips,,,etc,,

problem solved.

Me.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Give the " kids " at the Schools Lab/Science class the " Project " ,,
answers too be handed in by the end of today,,

groannnn ,,,,, for some,,,,,,,,,, already ahead of u teacher,,,for others,,,,


ok,, end of the week.

Ok everybody pair up,, lets go on a field trip,, remember too hand in your permission slips,,,etc,,

problem solved.

Me.


Not a bad idea, if the school wasn't actively in on the cover-up...

Good thinking though.
edit on 30-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by COconspiracyguy
 


its a "field trip" a science class field trip,, wheres the cover up,,?
its what America does best,,if u would only let it,, there American kids,, the best and brightest,, the others are from there school,,, why shouldn't the science nerds and youtubers and jocks all get together and say
WERE GOING ON A FIELD TRIP RIGHT MR. ,,,,, dont know the teachers name,,
hey there kids they will figure something out,, as soon as they stop being scared.

Me.
or are they going too BAN science class now?
edit on 30-1-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You know, this whole issue reminds me of this episode of House.


When Cuddy begins to shout at House to cure the sickness quickly, he realizes that she and the rest of the plane are suffering from mass hysteria. He tests this theory by suggesting the passengers that one symptom is uncontrollable trembling of the left hand, which many of them immediately start to exhibit.


Link

Yes, it may be a TV show but this kind of thing DOES happen.
Same thing with phantom pregnancies.


False pregnancy or hysterical pregnancy, most commonly termed pseudocyesis in humans and pseudopregnancy in other mammals, is the appearance of clinical and/or subclinical signs and symptoms associated with pregnancy when the person or animal is not pregnant.


Link

It's not uncommon for people to think that there's something wrong with them when they're perfectly fine.
I once knew someone who threw up in class because they had eaten something that didn't agree with them, and everyone around them began throwing up. One person shows a symptom, others will begin doing the same thing.

Mass hysteria is possible, and it's probably the most logical explanation of what's going on.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Its because these girls have Conversion Disorder.

It's all in their heads.

Thats why its all under wraps. they are protecting the students, they don't want them to look crazy.



Well, I know there are "cover ups" all the time. But by the same token, as human nature dictates, a lot of time people just don't want to deal with lawyers, hysterical teenagers, and media "journalists" who just want to get the ratings so their advertisers will pay more for the dog food commercial.

I would figure the NATUAL inclination here is to bar the doors to the media or the lawyer with the sample bag because you don't want a bigger media circus. Wether this is a public or private school or just a home for wayward kittens to be house trained -- chances are NOBODY running it got to decide what Toxic Waste dump was going to be buried underneath because that's the cheapest land to build on -- so THAT's where Schools and Golf Courses get located, because you know; gotta fear that government waste, and the mercury-laced gophers at the 8th hole which make it a Par 5.

Hopefully, there is nothing bad happening to kids -- but the LAST group that's going to figure this out is our moronic media journalists.
out
>> But I can't say if Brochowich is onto something or not. I only saw a movie about here -- and there are bad polluters out there and ambulance chasers -- so how can I determine if the case is valid if I have no yard stick to measure INTEGRITY here?

There should be some tests if people are concerned -- but in exchange, the MEDIA needs to not hype the situation until facts are determined. But hey, that would require some responsibility and ethics.
edit on 30-1-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: errors due to trackpad randomly putting mouse in wrong location and typing over things -- arggh!



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101
 


100 years ago, everything was chalked up to "hysteria" -- and now NOTHING is. Seems like we've gone from one extreme to the other.

It must have been fun being a doctor back then, because the treatment for hysteria was often a "massaging of feminine organs to release the anxious humors" often resulting in "spasms of an uncontrollable nature." They even developed vibrating and reciprocal devices (like the Steely Dan) to automate the process. A treatment would lead to MORE treatments. The hysteria would either abate or lead to withdrawals which could only be solved by more doctor visits.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
You know, this whole issue reminds me of this episode of House.


When Cuddy begins to shout at House to cure the sickness quickly, he realizes that she and the rest of the plane are suffering from mass hysteria. He tests this theory by suggesting the passengers that one symptom is uncontrollable trembling of the left hand, which many of them immediately start to exhibit.


Link

Yes, it may be a TV show but this kind of thing DOES happen.
Same thing with phantom pregnancies.


False pregnancy or hysterical pregnancy, most commonly termed pseudocyesis in humans and pseudopregnancy in other mammals, is the appearance of clinical and/or subclinical signs and symptoms associated with pregnancy when the person or animal is not pregnant.


Link

It's not uncommon for people to think that there's something wrong with them when they're perfectly fine.
I once knew someone who threw up in class because they had eaten something that didn't agree with them, and everyone around them began throwing up. One person shows a symptom, others will begin doing the same thing.

Mass hysteria is possible, and it's probably the most logical explanation of what's going on.


There is only one problem with your idea. There is absolutely no evidence that hysteria is involved.

The only evidence is the chronic exposure symptoms for the large amount of toxic chemicals that was spilled.

Doesn't it make more sense to follow the evidence and go where the evidence takes you?

Or would you prefer to speculate on where the absence of evidence is going to take you?



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy
 
I agree.. i don't believe they are faking it or that it is all in there head. I have seen the video. It looks very real. My son has tics since he was little and the video of the girls look very real. they need to investigate and find the common factor. There has to be something connecting these kids together with this illness.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha
 


o.k., but what would make these girls develop these symptoms all at the same time. If it were ground contamination, why haven't there been other cases?

these girls must all have something in common.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think consciousgod from page 3 is probably right on track. It's a shame that these kids got exposed to this. It does seem to be isolated to the school, so its probably something in or around the school. The fact that it hit a group of girls and one guy probably might even nail it down even more to the location. Is is possible that the girls drinking faucet got hit the hardest, or perhaps that this chemical effects girls more than it does boys? Either way, it really looks like the school is the hot spot. As far as the strep throat possibility, well I hope thats all it is, you know. It would be so cool to find out it is something they can just take some antibiotics for.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
theres only 6 pages yet countless posts with one lines, personal attacks and insults and just all around off topic nonsense

why do the mods allow it? especially with such a serious topic?

what is happening here at ats and why?


and no mods should not delete this because this is on topic

this is addressing why this subject keeps taking this ridiculous turn on ats when it hits the main page

you look at other threads regarding this same topic, they arent on the front page and they have respectable posts

here, its a bunch of nonsense where people just bash each other and erin b

why has this become the culture around here? the minute a thread hits the front page or gets a lot of attention, its instantly thrown off a cliff with nonsense posts and the mods do nothing about it



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just posted this in another thread on this topic- just want to add the info here also...


Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
2 more girls have reported similar symptoms in Corinth, NY- in Saratoga County (about 250 miles from LeRoy)
I grew up in Saratoga Springs, NY, about 20 minutes from Corinth.

They've found a connection to LeRoy-
over the summer the 2 girls ate at a restaurant in LeRoy.

Visit links for video/more info:

www.wivb.com...

www.libertyconfidential.com...


I read an interesting comment on another forum, that I hadn't thought of-
the doctors don't get paid/insurance not reimbursed without a diagnosis.

Definitely explains why they settled on Conversion Disorder.
It's merely a diagnosis by exclusion.
They even admit it.




posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
theres only 6 pages yet countless posts with one lines, personal attacks and insults and just all around off topic nonsense

why do the mods allow it? especially with such a serious topic?

what is happening here at ats and why?


and no mods should not delete this because this is on topic

this is addressing why this subject keeps taking this ridiculous turn on ats when it hits the main page

you look at other threads regarding this same topic, they arent on the front page and they have respectable posts

here, its a bunch of nonsense where people just bash each other and erin b

why has this become the culture around here? the minute a thread hits the front page or gets a lot of attention, its instantly thrown off a cliff with nonsense posts and the mods do nothing about it


We have stopped Denying Ignorance a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

It is all diatribe now. Everyone talking, no one listening. Entrenchment. People only listen to what they WANT to hear, regardless of the source. That is why people come here, to be accepted, not to learn. If you are here to learn, you are wasting your time. The static to noise ratio is so high here that even the interesting stuff gets lost in the storm and isn't usually worth seeking out anyway.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
a big scheme over
there and get paid MILLIONS on the tax payers dime.
THEY got people on the hook just eating the bait like fishies.


OH, wow for a minute there I thought you were referring to the Bankstas, and
the Congressmen and that scheme they had going, THE BAIL OUTS.

edit on 30-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Besides the possible side effects from vaccines, which sound like a really good candidate, another possibility might be attributed to "cell phone" towers. A friend of mine used to set them up and mentioned times where, not only would they set up 60+ ghz arrays (microwave oven 2.6 ghz) on school grounds, but would also point arrays that were off school grounds directly at the schools. (Yes, the same friend that told me about the swarms of bees that would show up to an array tower, buzz the hell out of the dish, become dehydrated in minutes and fall to the ground...)

The main reason why I bring this up is the conspiracy that cell phones slow cook your brain (cell phones range from standard phone at 900 mhz to the 3g at 1.9 ghz) so I'm sure something like a cell phone array tower producing 30x the frequency of a microwave oven might have some impact on the brain

One thing for sure, with so many localized issues, something has to be destroying/manipulating/changing the part of their brain that deals with motor skills, or the controlling of motor skills. To bad the local citizens and/or law enforcement can't grow a set and get to the bottom of this by any means...



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I live in up state NY and have been following this very closely. I'm not an expert but do consider myself somewhat of a realist. With that being said, I can see no adaquate reason or even logical possibility that all of these kids are NOT suffering from what I resonably consider an actual disorder. Infact, I think it would be damn near impossibly for ALL of them to conspire and perpetuate such a massive 'scam' without being found out. It would take the involvment of all the inflicted kids, their parrents, teachers, and friends (which could total in the 100's of people) all needing to be on the same scam. It's just not probable to me. And since actual doctors are chiming in saying thay believe that these kids are suffering from an actual disorder, who am I to say otherwise?

Now, it's very early on in the case but I have a suspition that the symptoms these kids are displaying, although they mimic hysteria, are infact not. I think it's logical and reasonable to think that there need be some common ground they all posess that will in time make sence of this all. Furthermore, It may verywell be something that only a select few are even suseptable to, meaning not everyone will become with similar symptom(s) even though contamination (for lack of a better word) could be far more wide spread.

It's so early on that I am really trying hard to refrain from making any judgment here. For all I know, the inflicted parrants all shared some homebrew chemical substance and this was geneticly passed down only to come out in puberty of their respective offspring. One thing I am certain of is that they should allow for any and all investigation until it is solved and resolved.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
Besides the possible side effects from vaccines, which sound like a really good candidate, another possibility might be attributed to "cell phone" towers. A friend of mine used to set them up and mentioned times where, not only would they set up 60+ ghz arrays (microwave oven 2.6 ghz) on school grounds, but would also point arrays that were off school grounds directly at the schools. (Yes, the same friend that told me about the swarms of bees that would show up to an array tower, buzz the hell out of the dish, become dehydrated in minutes and fall to the ground...)

The main reason why I bring this up is the conspiracy that cell phones slow cook your brain (cell phones range from standard phone at 900 mhz to the 3g at 1.9 ghz) so I'm sure something like a cell phone array tower producing 30x the frequency of a microwave oven might have some impact on the brain

One thing for sure, with so many localized issues, something has to be destroying/manipulating/changing the part of their brain that deals with motor skills, or the controlling of motor skills. To bad the local citizens and/or law enforcement can't grow a set and get to the bottom of this by any means...


That is very interesting. If we zap the brain with the right frequency, the EM pulses in the brain could be interfered with causing confused signals. It's a stretch but here is some info on brainwaves that supports your theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have no doubt that this is a neurological issue. It's the cause that is unknown.
edit on 30-1-2012 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)





new topics




 
48
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join