It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery teen illness: Brokovich team barred from testing school grounds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Mystery teen illness: Brokovich team barred from testing school grounds

todayheal th.today.msnbc.msn.com

Famed environmental activist Erin Brockovich met resistance as her team tried to test the area around an upstate New York school for clues to a case involving more than a dozen teens plagued by mysterious Tourette's-like symptoms and seizures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Brockovich is there at the behest of the parents, yet the taxpayer funded school has decided to put locks on the school grounds and refuse to allow Brockoviches team to take samples...

Could a cover-up be any more obvious....

It always gets me riled up to see tax payer funded govt officials forgetting who they work for...

todayheal th.today.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by COconspiracyguy

Interesting, everyone around here is convinced it was Gardisal shots. I have no opinion on this as there is no proof all the girls got those shots. However, I find it telling they don't want them in the school grounds. I think these girls came in contact with something on those grounds that caused this.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I can't think of any reason to bar that team from taking samples there unless the school and other local officials know something and need to cover it up.

I saw a report on this the other night and Erin said that there was a chemical spill not far from where the school is. It happened when a train carrying chemicals derailed a few years before the school was built. She said that their suspicion was that some of that contaminated soil may have been used when the school was constructed. So with this development, and the fact that local officials are scrambling to cover this up, I'd say that there is something that the officials know that they don't want made public.

By the way I live in Western New York and Leroy isn't even an hour from me. I have been there many times. It actually is a nice little town. It's claim to fame is that it's where jello was invented.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Just to let you know there is a boy who has come down with the symptoms as well. The news isn't reporting that very much though. I caught that info in the lead in to the news report the other night.Seems they don't want that info getting to the public.

Maybe they will try to blame it on that vaccine. Could be an easy out for them. Bet big Pharma won't like it though.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think they are pulling a south park
like stunt. I have watched many videos
of the girls and I think this is a big
scam. I could do the exact same thing.
Ever heard of the Salem witch trials
and attention seeking teens.
I mean look at all the people coming
out of the woodwork now with *symptoms*
This is not a coincident.
edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I saw a story about the shots only about half the girls that fell ill revieved them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Actually, if the school knew nothing about it, AND they were looking out for the best interest of the students...wouldn't they WANT to know if anything is wrong? If they knew and it was something out of their control, ie, the school was built on an old tannery for example, then through plausible deniability, wouldn't they WANT and investigation...That way they can throw up their arms and say it was the builders, or government officials that signed off on it at fault....However, if it is something they knowingly had a hand in hiding or doing, wouldn't that be the only motivation for keeping testers out?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Its because these girls have Conversion Disorder.

It's all in their heads.

Thats why its all under wraps. they are protecting the students, they don't want them to look crazy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The last thing I read on the subject of these girls is that experts believed it might be a conversion disorder. I don't know too much about conversion disorders but am curious about multiple people sharing the same conversion disorder.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Conversion is the new term for hysteria its neurological. My wife said its a psychiatric disorder if that helps you any.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by M1FST91
reply to post by Cosmic911

Conversion is the new term for hysteria its neurological. My wife said its a psychiatric disorder if that helps you any.

Thanks M1FST91. I'm a healthcare provider so I know that it is a psychiatric disorder. I just don't know a lot about it. So its the new term for hysteria? Does your wife know how it affects more than one person? With a conversion disorder I understand that the person is not malignering and that the symptons appear real to the sufferer. But is it odd that 12 girls are experiencing the same conversion disorder?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All the people suggesting the scientists/experts have solved this, are being disingenuous.

The very definition of science calls for eliminating all other possibilities. The very fact
that the school is not allowing samples to be taken on the ground negates all the
experts claims.
edit on 29-1-2012 by COconspiracyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Conversion disorder is common in underdeveloped countries. (especially one with many superstitions)

Conversion order is classified as shared or mass psychological issues basically.

Mostly these girls got on the Today Show. They are getting a lot of attention. They are teenaged.

Stop giving them attention, ITS ALL IN THEIR HEADS. Not real.
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

Really as soon as everyone stops paying attention is when their "disease" will go way.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Right. Because crapping your pants is a fun prank that helps you get dates.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Right. Because crapping your pants is a fun prank that helps you get dates.

GREAT WAY to make it seem real.
There getting ready to find someone
to sue this is a big money making scheme
people here so nooooo naive it is DISGUSTING

I'm sure after they get a few million they will not
have a problem finding a date. No one is going
to have a problem dating trust me.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't think the girls are faking this -
it would be exhausting to keep it
up and parents and school officials
not recognize the faking. Strange
now that the school will not let the
grounds be tested. Sounds like a
cover up to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Conversion disorder is common in underdeveloped countries. (especially one with many superstitions)

Conversion order is classified as shared or mass psychological issues basically.

Mostly these girls got on the Today Show. They are getting a lot of attention. They are teenaged.

Stop giving them attention, ITS ALL IN THEIR HEADS. Not real.

Really as soon as everyone stops paying attention is when their "disease" will go way.

Have these girls done something to you, are are you just another armchair doctor...?

I'd like to see you make those claims in front of the parents of these affected children...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I saw that they are worried about a train crash that was in the late 70's is causing the issue because they didnt really clean it up and barrels still sit around an area teens go to hang out. Some even swim in a place that is probably contaminated and all of this is 3 miles from the school.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by COconspiracyguy

I'd like to see you make those claims in front of the parents of these affected children...

Do not be so naive.
I would tell them
there doing a great job.
The parents are in on it
too. It is NOT hard to
to do this.

Obviously fake.
Could do that all day.
I would tell the parents
this stunt they are pulling
is utterly SCANDALOUS.
Look the one chick can not
stop laughing she loves this
attention and thinks it is
hilarious people are BUYING
into this crap.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join