Mystery teen illness: Brokovich team barred from testing school grounds

page: 7
48
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by COconspiracyguy
 


No, I used to work in the environmental field.

Which means I know that there is absolutely no way to know what to test for until a site estimation is done. And most likely that will not turn up anything. If it is a newer school, chances are good it has already been done.
They will look at any nearby sources in the neighborhoods that could cause problems also.

If the water is public, there is little point in testing that also. A genealogist can tell you if there is any rock infastructure that can release any compounds. But a simple look at the engineering plans would also tell you that.

there are thousands of possible contaminants that you could test for, it has to be narrowed down.

The kicker here is that it is all female. You would have to test the women's bathrooms and locker rooms, but anything else would affect the general population.




posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by COconspiracyguy
 


No, I used to work in the environmental field.

Which means I know that there is absolutely no way to know what to test for until a site estimation is done. And most likely that will not turn up anything. If it is a newer school, chances are good it has already been done.
They will look at any nearby sources in the neighborhoods that could cause problems also.

If the water is public, there is little point in testing that also. A genealogist can tell you if there is any rock infastructure that can release any compounds. But a simple look at the engineering plans would also tell you that.

there are thousands of possible contaminants that you could test for, it has to be narrowed down.

The kicker here is that it is all female. You would have to test the women's bathrooms and locker rooms, but anything else would affect the general population.



Why reinvent the wheel. It has been narrowed down. Start with the spilled compounds, TCE and cyanide. If traces are found in the students blood, case closed. Treat them accordingly.

Water lines leak.

Correct about the bathrooms. Bathrooms are notorious for vapor impact. They have fans that cause a negative pressure in the room. This draws the vapors up through all the holes in the floors for the piping and toilets. This is where they should start when looking for the source. Turn the fan on for hours and then sample the air in the room.

This is where they will find the TCE or its degradation products, DCE, and Vinyl Chloride.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Stop giving them attention, ITS ALL IN THEIR HEADS. Not real.
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)



Really as soon as everyone stops paying attention is when their "disease" will go way.
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)


While I don't know what these girls are going through specifically, if it even is conversion disorder, I do know that it isn't something that just goes away with removal of attention. I know this personally.

My daughter was in the Navy until recently. It was what she had wanted for her entire life and she worked her tail off to get there and be at the top of her class. A year ago I got an emergency call to Chicago to see my daughter in the hospital where she was having uncontrolled seizures. When I got there, they had ruled out epilepsy and other disorders and diagnosed her with Conversion Disorder. Imagine how I felt walking into the hospital room, seeing her intubated and in a medically induced coma (to prevent the seizures, which didn't actually work.), and seeing electrodes attached all over her head. She couldn't speak or write after she came out of it, and it took hours to regain that.

She was able to manage her condition enough to get through training and get stationed with her ship. A month ago, she was honorably medically discharged. She is still having seizures when her stress levels get too high. They still don't know exactly what has caused this problem, or why it hasn't been corrected even though she has had the traditional treatments for it, via the VA. They tell her if she can get it under control and stop having seizures, with a doctor's clearance, she can join again. She even got promoted while she was going through this and left as a Petty Officer.

She isn't doing this to get attention. The thing she wants most in the world is to have it stop so she can re-enlist. She can't drive. She moved from her duty station to be with her husband's parents (he is in the Navy and is preparing for deployment.). She had to drive across country to get there and wound up in a hospital in Nevada. She pulled off the road and called 911 for herself because she felt seizures coming on. They wanted to keep her there but she just wanted to get to her new home, so the Red Cross got her husband there to get her home.

She is hoping that now that she is out of the Navy she can get some medical help that is non VA, so maybe she can finally find out what happened, why it is still happening, and how it can be fixed. Now, when they happen, she has people call me. For some reason my voice soothes her and it helps to bring her around. She hallucinates while it is happening, doesn't know anyone or anything, even herself. Her husband and I can talk to her while it is going on and it helps to calm her. No one knows why.

This is not the effect of my child malingering, (medical proof of that), and it is not what she wants. She loves attention, don't get me wrong, but not this kind. She is loving, gentle, and wants to save people. She wants more than anything to serve her country in the military (no, it is not a family tradition either, just something she wants.)
She doesn't want this. She wants a normal life, and to lead it independently. She can't do that right now.


Sorry to be so long, but that comment really just set me on edge. I can't say it is the same thing with these kids, but generalizations like that upset me.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Ceriddwen because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
\
Go ahead and walk into a police station, fbi headquarters, and tell me how that works out for you.

While you are at it, why don't you hand over the private medical information of the students, since that is on public property too.
edit on 30-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)


I get your point, but an FBI headquarters is much different than a public school.

I'm not saying you can simply walk in like an idiot and be surprised that they tackle you, even a courthouse has protocol in place for people who need to enter.

However, yes you should be able to walk into a police station. Not walk in and go wherever the hell you want, but you shouldnt be denied access, and should be allowed to speak to an officer, make an appointment to meet with a detective, purchase police reports or documents etc.

Unlike private establishments which "reserve the right the refuse service to anybody for any reason at any time" government agencies are SUPPOSED to be more transparent and accessible. Does this mean that all of them are? Hardly.

You cant demand a UPS guy to let you ride around with him all day, but your local law enforcement agency CANNOT deny your request to go on a ride along and see a day (or night) in the life of a cop. Some will try and refuse, some will question your intent and do a background check on you, some will think its a good idea because you will most likely have much more respect afterwards. Not trying to get off topic. Just sayin....

Schools dont necessarily have to let someone in or turn over documentation. But, once childrens health is at risk, and lawyers and courts are brought into it, the school cant simply say "that information's classified"



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod

Originally posted by Believer101
You know, this whole issue reminds me of this episode of House.


When Cuddy begins to shout at House to cure the sickness quickly, he realizes that she and the rest of the plane are suffering from mass hysteria. He tests this theory by suggesting the passengers that one symptom is uncontrollable trembling of the left hand, which many of them immediately start to exhibit.


Link

Yes, it may be a TV show but this kind of thing DOES happen.
Same thing with phantom pregnancies.


False pregnancy or hysterical pregnancy, most commonly termed pseudocyesis in humans and pseudopregnancy in other mammals, is the appearance of clinical and/or subclinical signs and symptoms associated with pregnancy when the person or animal is not pregnant.


Link

It's not uncommon for people to think that there's something wrong with them when they're perfectly fine.
I once knew someone who threw up in class because they had eaten something that didn't agree with them, and everyone around them began throwing up. One person shows a symptom, others will begin doing the same thing.

Mass hysteria is possible, and it's probably the most logical explanation of what's going on.


There is only one problem with your idea. There is absolutely no evidence that hysteria is involved.

The only evidence is the chronic exposure symptoms for the large amount of toxic chemicals that was spilled.

Doesn't it make more sense to follow the evidence and go where the evidence takes you?

Or would you prefer to speculate on where the absence of evidence is going to take you?


Considering the Dr.'s said it was conversion disorder, which is the more modern term for hysteria, I tend to side with them. They have a degree, after all.

If toxic chemicals were spilled there, wouldn't there be mass amounts of people getting sick, not to mention prior exposure problems concerning other people, and not just 15 people over nearly a year?
edit on 30/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2
 


I agree with you completely. They must have something in common and the boy as well. I can't imagine what and the MSM isn't providing any info.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101
 


20 years ago,,ULCERS were considered too be " conversion disorder ",,,so lets keep an open mind,,

Me.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Believer101
 


20 years ago,,ULCERS were considered too be " conversion disorder ",,,so lets keep an open mind,,

Me.


May I have a source for this information, please?
2nd.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101
 


See Nobel Prize for Ulcers, Australian Microbiolgist wins nobel prize for turning medical opinion ,,,
,im retired,,its there.

Me.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Believer101
 


20 years ago,,ULCERS were considered too be " conversion disorder ",,,so lets keep an open mind,,

Me.


May I have a source for this information, please?
2nd.


"ulcers were caused by stress",,the Dominate Medical Opinion,,,
or as we know it today "conversion disorder "

Me.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
Besides the possible side effects from vaccines, which sound like a really good candidate, another possibility might be attributed to "cell phone" towers. A friend of mine used to set them up and mentioned times where, not only would they set up 60+ ghz arrays (microwave oven 2.6 ghz) on school grounds, but would also point arrays that were off school grounds directly at the schools. (Yes, the same friend that told me about the swarms of bees that would show up to an array tower, buzz the hell out of the dish, become dehydrated in minutes and fall to the ground...)

The main reason why I bring this up is the conspiracy that cell phones slow cook your brain (cell phones range from standard phone at 900 mhz to the 3g at 1.9 ghz) so I'm sure something like a cell phone array tower producing 30x the frequency of a microwave oven might have some impact on the brain

One thing for sure, with so many localized issues, something has to be destroying/manipulating/changing the part of their brain that deals with motor skills, or the controlling of motor skills. To bad the local citizens and/or law enforcement can't grow a set and get to the bottom of this by any means...


That's the most plausible explanation I've heard so far. Being that these things start at the schools.... and in light of another thread of the same symptoms... all occurring at schools..... Interesting.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by consciousgod

Originally posted by Believer101
You know, this whole issue reminds me of this episode of House.


When Cuddy begins to shout at House to cure the sickness quickly, he realizes that she and the rest of the plane are suffering from mass hysteria. He tests this theory by suggesting the passengers that one symptom is uncontrollable trembling of the left hand, which many of them immediately start to exhibit.


Link

Yes, it may be a TV show but this kind of thing DOES happen.
Same thing with phantom pregnancies.


False pregnancy or hysterical pregnancy, most commonly termed pseudocyesis in humans and pseudopregnancy in other mammals, is the appearance of clinical and/or subclinical signs and symptoms associated with pregnancy when the person or animal is not pregnant.


Link

It's not uncommon for people to think that there's something wrong with them when they're perfectly fine.
I once knew someone who threw up in class because they had eaten something that didn't agree with them, and everyone around them began throwing up. One person shows a symptom, others will begin doing the same thing.

Mass hysteria is possible, and it's probably the most logical explanation of what's going on.


There is only one problem with your idea. There is absolutely no evidence that hysteria is involved.

The only evidence is the chronic exposure symptoms for the large amount of toxic chemicals that was spilled.

Doesn't it make more sense to follow the evidence and go where the evidence takes you?

Or would you prefer to speculate on where the absence of evidence is going to take you?


Considering the Dr.'s said it was conversion disorder, which is the more modern term for hysteria, I tend to side with them. They have a degree, after all.

If toxic chemicals were spilled there, wouldn't there be mass amounts of people getting sick, not to mention prior exposure problems concerning other people, and not just 15 people over nearly a year?
edit on 30/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)


ha ha ha.... people on here just crack me up......believe a doctor because he has a degree. Michael Jackson's doctor has a degree..........Maybe you can ask Mike how that worked out for him........oh yeah, that's right......he's worm food.

These doctors don't get paid unless they make a diagnosis. So you believe a diagnosis with no evidence and that is solely based on a lack of evidence? Hope you don't get sick. They don't know so they say its in their head so they get paid.

I have some beach front property in Colorado for sale for real cheap, are you interested?



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

That's the most plausible explanation I've heard so far. Being that these things start at the schools.... and in light of another thread of the same symptoms... all occurring at schools..... Interesting.

 


From what I understand, he was basically installing upgraded dishes for the 4g network (essentially it was replacing existing dishes with upgraded versions half the size which put put out 2 to 3 times the energy...the 60ghz ones were the tiny ones).

I could tell when he would work on "active dishes" because he would look kind of sickly, pale and couldn't think for $#!+... I even did some research for him into the effects of ghz frequencies and found some military documentation on the effects of 1st/2nd generation dishes (mounted on the decks of carriers and such). He pretty much quit within a month or two of that...

I believe another symptom he had was that his hands would severly peel... I'm talking like this

Example of peeling hands

...but worse...


Now that he doesn't work on that stuff anymore I'll try to talk him in to signing up on ATS and spilling some beans.... some of the stuff he spouted was truley crazy...





new topics
top topics
 
48
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join