It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Vote For Ron Paul?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Ron Paul is a stalwart fellow who has ideas out of the mainstream. He would be a great antidote to our current situation.

However there are some huge mountains he must climb...

-He must somehow gain the backing of his own party.
-After gaining said support he must defeat Obama
-If he defeats Obama he will have to overcome Congress, the Senate and the Supreme court to get anything done.

My thoughts always come back to this one notion "If you think Obama couldn't get anything done, just wait till you see Ron Paul in office."

So not only must Ron Paul be swept into office, the entire landscape of DC would have to be changed with him.

If this should happen it would be a watershed moment in American history but thats a whole lot of mountains to climb.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why should you vote for Ron Paul?

Well, first you have to figure out where you stand on the pressing issues that we faced today, and that involves knowing yourself. You can't figure out where you stand until you know what you'll tolerate and what you won't. Then you determine which candidate is in alignment with what you stand for, and you vote for them.

It's really not that hard.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

In my opinion it would be preferable or better that you make your decision for or against Dr. Paul based on official sources. And it's not that you'll not get good or correct information from others on ATS with regard to the question(s) you've posed, but rather you can be certain what you're viewing, reading, or hearing is officially representative of Ron Paul.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

As for presidential hypocrisy ... I'm not confident there's an easy way to explain this. In terms of Dr. Paul I regard his consistent congressional voting record to indicate that he'd not easily succumb to hypocrisy. But, admittedly, I cannot be certain of this. When a man or woman assumes a prominent leadership role then he or she faces challenges that must be addressed beyond the level of personal principles. There may be instances when Dr. Paul would have to rethink or reconfigure his outlook to address a national need, but at the very least I am confident his personal convictions would act as a restraint against uncritical action.

In the final analysis I still think it'd be prudent to rely on official sources to answer the important question you've asked; namely, "Why should I vote for Ron Paul?"

Take it easy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You should vote for Ron Paul if it is right for you. I personally will not vote again in my life. It's my choice...The idiots tell me "if you don't vote you can't complain" and I can reply "Don't talk to me I didn't vote" It's that simple.

The bottom line is if Americans are not willing to collectively fight for a viable third party then they get the government they deserve.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Andrew Jackson.On his deathbed his last words were I killed the banks.He did before they raised their ugly heads again culminating in the ultimate usury to slavery conspiracy,the Fed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

That is why Donald Trump is threatening to run third party,to dilute the vote in case Ron Paul runs Indy after the GOP convention.Donald might be able to ensure a Obama/Romney ticket,which is what Newt and Santorum are trying to do now by collecting delegates and backing Romney in the end.It does not matter who is the chosen one,there are many chosen ones working for the same shadow government,but few real candidates,and no such thing as a political party with differing ideals.They are all actors playing a game with the citizens future except for the rare,trustworthy candidate like Ron Paul.He could run under the whackadoodle spaceyman party and I would follow him until the very end.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I'm not voting for me....I'm voting for my daughter.

I just can't. Look, I understand why so many of you like him so much.....i just can't do it. There are some things that I do like that he stands for...as a previous poster stated.....but there are too many positions I can't support.

I realize everyone likes him because he is principled and continuously states the same things.....but that doesn't mean that I have to support him.

I love that he is anti-war....i love that he wants to bring all the troops home....but i believe in SS...I believe in Medicare...i believe in the federal minimum wage...I believe in Amber Alerts....I believe a united country is a stronger country.

edit on 29/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

All I can say to this is that these things that David9176 is afraid of, are things Ron Paul could never do by himself. Why be so afraid of a man who could only really bring the troops home and veto bills? Besides, RP would slowly phase out Social Security, not abruptly cut it off. I think if people really thought about what he could honestly accomplish by himself, they'd realize that he really is our ONLY option to save this country that we all love. I don't know about you, but I think that if we DON'T elect him, we'll see a continued transformation of this country into the 4th Reich.

I can understand his fear for his daughter, I don't have kids yet but I fear for the future of my future children. I'm horrified to hand them a tyranny where, by the time they get into school, 1984 has been banned because it already happened.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why should you vote for him?

Because if you don't fully support him regardless, ATS will shun you and make you like the leper.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
OP has a point. If many of you believe there are" TPTB" then why would they allow paul to get this far even?
either they dont exist, or RP is a shill for them as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I like some of RP's foreign policy ideas, but I strongly question his domestic platform. A lot of his positions conveniently fall in with a pro corporate anti worker stance. He may claim to be a radical, and on some levels he is, but his domestic platform falls right into the same republican mantra that we have heard since Reagan: get rid of govt, remove regulations that "restrict" the free market.In short, remove any and all obstacles to predatory capitalism. I am all for a more streamlined and better functioning government, but I am strongly opposed to getting rid of agencies that protect worker safety and the environment. They are in many cases, the only protections the 99 percent has against the one percent. Republicans would like to get rid of assorted government regulations primarily because its the only thing that obstructs them from TOTALLY pillaging our country. A good analogy is bank theft; I am sure a lot of bank robbers would like to get rid of the police. Less government in their case would allow them to rob with impunity. And tax breaks for the wealthy and deregulation are hardly new concepts, they have pushed them for many years, and here we are,with massive unemployment and corruption. These concepts were almost always touted as something that would result in job creation. In short, it hasnt worked. After thirty years of this misdirection, I think we need just the opposite. A pro worker, pro middle class platform. Regulate the hell out of corporations to make them accountable for their misdeeds. Make protecting the environment a top priority. Tax breaks are fine, but give them to people who create long term living wage jobs in THIS country and give the credit only AFTER they have created those jobs. I have said before that you don't get rid of crime by firing the police. This is his thinking on some issues. RP may mean well but we NEED some govt agencies to protect those who cant protect themselves.
edit on 29-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The short answer is that you shouldn't.

The entire flap over Ron Paul is nothing but a cultic bandwagon, and I'm getting exceptionally tired of the amount of hype about him on here, from people who frankly should know a lot better.

Either he is a shill for the cabal, in which case if he gets in it will be business as usual; or, he actually does mean what he says, in which case, as I've said before, he will predictably have his head blown off roughly five minutes after taking the oath of office.

I really wish you would get this through your infantile heads, Americans.

Nobody is coming to save you.

Not Ron Paul, not Russ Feingold, not whatever other millionaire puppet of the cabal who you're hoping to be able to rely on this week. I know; you desperately crave someone to get into office, wave a magic wand, restore the Republic, and make all the bad things go away, so that you can go back to doing what you really consider important; mindlessly watching Paris Hilton or lolcats on YouTube.

Tragically for you, however, that is not going to happen. If you want a way out of the current mess, you're going to have to practically demonstrate why it is, exactly, that you actually deserve to survive.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the same as all the other politicians

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I didn't read every post, but I sure as heck was not even remotely impressed with the response

I wonder if the paul thing is a "internet mob" phenomenon ?

he's like a meme

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the candidate that determines how much of the population can think for themselves.
He is a barometer.
ALL candidates run on issues. Some are heavily funded. The results of the legitimate polls tell them if the voting public has a collective brain, and how well their money is being spent.
So, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for intelligent life.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulianAlien

Andrew Jackson.On his deathbed his last words were I killed the banks.He did before they raised their ugly heads again culminating in the ultimate usury to slavery conspiracy,the Fed.

And? I know of his last words. That doesn't change the fact that there was an assasination attempt made on him. Its just that jackson was such a tough sob that he beat the guy with his cane.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Ron Paul is the candidate that determines how much of the population can think for themselves.
He is a barometer.
ALL candidates run on issues. Some are heavily funded. The results of the legitimate polls tell them if the voting public has a collective brain, and how well their money is being spent.
So, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for intelligent life.
and yet another fine example...so far in this thread it has been claimed that A)if you don't vote for RP, blackwater will get you; B)that if you don't vote for RP you are a crook; that if you don't vote for him, you can't think for yoursel; D)that if you don't vote for him, you are unintelligent....the list keeps going, yet none of you realize that you are being unbelievable hypocrites

It has truly become a cult mentality

I like Ron Paul. His supporters scare the crap out of me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Perhaps something is wrong with your ability to analyze data on your own.
Do you really believe that you have access to even a small fraction of Ron Paul supporters? Do you know anything at all about the man?
I said that Ron Paul is a barometer to gauge the intelligence of the voter. I can defend that statement. What is yours, and can you defend it? That is the question hombre.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I work at Office Depot. Lots of people from all walks of life come through there and sometimes we'll end up talking about the 2012 Presidential Election. Some say Mitt cause of his speech and his agenda, usually the rich guys will say him. Newt because he is the realest and people need real people and he has a solid plan for more jobs. Usually middle class people will say Newt and others say Santorum, because he is all about the Constitution. I say Ron Paul, you know what most of them say when I say Ron Paul? "Well, I don't know much about Ron Paul.." I then say "Google him, you'll love him." I have yet to run into someone in person that know about Ron Paul or will say they'd vote for him.

All at the same time, most of the people I talk to are older people. I haven't talked to younger people about it. I'm 20 and oldies like to hear what someone like me has to say especially since I'm a future leader. They want to know where the country may be headed.

Im 31 and also meet many people in my line of work. Most older people have heard of RP but are afraid of tossing their vote. I explain that a lot of ppl my age support him, and we will continue to vote for liberty and the constitution and though we may not win today or in 10 years the tide is turning and someday, we will have our country back.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
He won't change a thing. He can't. Until we have change on a systemic level, the preident, as I always say, will continue to be impotent.

That isn't quiet true.

The ONE thing he can do without anyone's consent or approval is order all military troops home from all around the world. He has promised to do this.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i fer one totaly support the man but can agree
it will be interesting if it happens

i was curious about what happens when yer ah registered voter?
i know if aye want off the grid i need to be off the grid
i dont have ah bank but i get franchise checks for work
same thing?
does this put me at the top of the list if there is ah draft?
not that i think that could happen with the way morden warefare is
just curious.
first time ive ever payed attention to politics and want to participate.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join