It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Vote For Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Many of you are stern supporters of Ron Paul...

I see on a daily basis the praise of this man...

But what makes him any different?

Every politician that wins the presidency does the opposite of what they propose...

What makes you think Ron will keep his word?

Also if you are to believe like I do...

that the president is just a figure head, a puppet if you will...
Someone for us to look at...
while the real decisions are carried out in the "shadows" by "TPTB"

Why would voting for Ron Paul be any different?
What would change?

Different man... same leaders...

I'm not bashing the man...
I just want to know...

Why should I vote for him?
What difference will he make?

Can he make a difference?

So what makes you think that voting for Ron Paul is in the best interest?

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

He won't change because he has been saying the same thing for thirty years or more.
We have a tendency to vote in complete strangers like Obama.. Paul has been around and has never changed his position.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks for posting!
Due to my dial up connection...
I cannot watch that video...

but from what you said...
Consistency... I like that in a politician..

Star for your response

edit on 1/29/12 by EvolEric because: Spelling Correction

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
As i'm not American i may be a bit off here, though i do loosely follow the US presidential race, as inevitably it will effect the entire planet.

1 simple reason
We live in a dystopia. Ron Paul wants to change that.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Oh man.. if you can watch it somewhere. You almost need to watch it. Stop in at a library sometime and scope it. I am 100 percent positive that watching it will help you make up your mind and it's a lot to sum up.

I can tell you this. He is the most honest man that has ever run. If you watch debates one of his biggest problems is that he doesn't even like to be rude so when he calls them out on their b.s. he almost apologizes for having to do it (wish I wish he wouldn't since they don't deserve it). I promise he will not back down on his positions. He never has in years of voting.

Another indicator that he won't flop is that he has no billionaire backers and don't think they haven't offered. They always do to cover their rear ends, it means he hasn't accepted.

He is the ONLY anti war candidate. He will NEVER raise taxes. He believes the 1% is killing the middle class. He is going to cut a trillion dollars from the budget in his first year.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Mitt Romney has 42 billionaires backing him?
That is a lot of dough rollers...
Don't wanna sound mean, since your being nice

but you got a link to that graph?
thanks

Well I am due to get hughes net satellite internet in a week...

I will watch the video then.

It is nice to know that Ron Paul has no "Big" money behind him...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

We live in a dystopia.

I agree...

And its a damn shame too

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
He won't change a thing. He can't. Until we have change on a systemic level, the preident, as I always say, will continue to be impotent.

Furthermore, IF (and its a big if) he did get in, and didn't do a 180 like all other candidates do, and he tried to take on the system, he wouldn't make it long. He has stated he wants to take on the banks. Every president who has ever challenged the banks has been shot. Every single one.

There is no 1 candidate that is the answer. The system is what needs to change.

Edit to add: I keep seeing this "billionaire donor" graph everywhere, and no one seems to get that it is irrelevant. Until it is qualified with the amounts that said billionairs gave, it is moot. Does it matter if a billionair gave someone 100 bucks?
edit on 29-1-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   
The situation in the US is now absolutely identical to that under King Louis XIV in 1792.

Total economic collapse that hammered Europe followed with violent and bloody revolution.

Under the laws of Royal France, people were 'noble" if they bought their title, they were descended from a noble or held a University degree. As a result, 12% of the population including anyone who was a professional like a doctor, scientist or a lawyer or even were a landlord or even worked for a professional or landlord, for instance, faced execution by the guillotine.

Unless some drastic action occurs this will follow within months in the US. Indeed, the biggest question is not whether Ron Paul will make it to being the candidate, but whether the Republic will survive that long.

link   

Yeah, I found the image on google (one of the first that pops up if you search "billionaires backing candidates" in google images, but it was from a thread here I think. I will try to find it.

Here are both the ATS thread and the source from that thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.newsmax.com...
edit on 29-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I thought it was obvious.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

RP knows that though. He knows what happens to presidents that take on the big banks. He still wants to do it though. What does that say about his character? Also.. what would happen in the country if something happened to him because of it and the people got wind?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

RP knows that though. He knows what happens to presidents that take on the big banks. He still wants to do it though. What does that say about his character? Also.. what would happen in the country if something happened to him because of it and the people got wind?

I'm sorry, but I don't knoe that RP knows this. It seems to be a trend among his supporters to throw out things like that "he knows this and still wants to", or like earlier in the thread "billionairs have offered him money and he said no".

Just like I don't take the rumors at face value with the other candidates, I don't with him either. Show me where he has said these things.

The believers want people to just hop on board. I need more than hearsay.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I understand that a person can only do so much, in any situation.
I would feel more comfortable about someone like Ron Paul in office than anyone else because he thinks like I do.
Live and let live, seems to be what he stands for.

"I'm not better than anyone therefore I cannot tell everyone how to live."
"The Government is NOT your momma"
Lets not forget the "Golden Rule", though I am not religious, it would be nice if everyone felt that way.

Yes, I know that a President has only so much power, he may only be a speaker, in a sense, for Americans.
So with the media and what the President says (I feel Ron Paul will tell it like it is)
we may just have a chance at putting this system towards the right direction.

Honestly, I think its going to take "Us" to make whats wrong, right.
So he is the step in the right direction. IMO
edit on 29-1-2012 by synnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by synnergy

If you share his political beliefs and like what he has to offer you should definately vote for him. I say the best reason to vote for Ron Paul is his record. He's been solid and constitutionally minded his whole political career. I also like the fact that he is a common man. He has money, that he earned from his medical practice and investing in gold and silver. He pledges if elected to recieve a salary of $39,336. He values individual's rights. And believes the federal government has no buisiness in our personal affairs.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

You really don't think he isn't aware that taking on big banks and the fed is a dangerous game? I know this and he is likely a smarter man than me. I am sure he knows what happened to Jackson? There may be a lot of things people incorrectly assume he knows, but this is a no brainer. It's common sense.

Also.. billionaires haven't offered him money? Jim Rogers threw his support behind Paul. You don't think he threw his support, but said "No money, I only have billions of dollars I can't help you there?" I am sorry, but I have to assume you don't know what you are talking about on this issue and need to do some research.
edit on 29-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I work at Office Depot. Lots of people from all walks of life come through there and sometimes we'll end up talking about the 2012 Presidential Election. Some say Mitt cause of his speech and his agenda, usually the rich guys will say him. Newt because he is the realest and people need real people and he has a solid plan for more jobs. Usually middle class people will say Newt and others say Santorum, because he is all about the Constitution. I say Ron Paul, you know what most of them say when I say Ron Paul? "Well, I don't know much about Ron Paul.." I then say "Google him, you'll love him." I have yet to run into someone in person that know about Ron Paul or will say they'd vote for him.

All at the same time, most of the people I talk to are older people. I haven't talked to younger people about it. I'm 20 and oldies like to hear what someone like me has to say especially since I'm a future leader. They want to know where the country may be headed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

That is what the RP supporters tend to do....assume.

I never said no billionairs offered him money. I said I need more than hearsay.

Bottom line is, he will not change a thing, if elected. He can't.
edit on 29-1-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why everyone should Vote for Rom Paul is because his only agenda is the Constitution and the bill of rights

He knows that if hes not elected this term, USA as we ever knew it is HISTORY and a military regime and a dictatorship is what will take his place.

Vote RON PAUL or blame yourself for when blackwater blackbags you

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
Why everyone should Vote for Rom Paul is because his only agenda is the Constitution and the bill of rights

He knows that if hes not elected this term, USA as we ever knew it is HISTORY and a military regime and a dictatorship is what will take his place.

Vote RON PAUL or blame yourself for when blackwater blackbags you

it is statement like this that make the RP fanatics so laughable to me. What a load of complete and utter propaganda....how you can consider a statement like this to be better than anything the other candidates use is beyond me. I mean, there is a serious cognitive disconnect here...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join