It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Vote For Ron Paul?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul might be a phoney as Obama....but the word is might be.

Newt, Romney or Obama - all a bunch of globalists. Sure hope known of these puppets get elected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to those who say why should I vote for him.....ummmm, do you not see all the Ron Paul threads on ATS, you can't research yourself? Talk about lazy. I also don't think Ron Paul will save us from a financial collapse, too much debt and too many social entitlements. The ship is sinking, but hopefully something can be salvaged from the economic collapse.
edit on 29-1-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i was a huge supporter of his in 2008, but i soon found that he would dodge the important question such as 911 with the holes in the offical story of 911, you can tell he is scared to address this mrctv.org... so why should i vote for him

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderpuppy

To that I would say Ron Paul is choosing to pick his battles...anybody who listens to him can see he has an accurate grasp of what's going on on this planet.. If he openly talked about what he thinks really happened on 9/11 he would have been marginalized and never would have made it this far...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
coastlinkid, not to argue ,, but how far has 911 gotten, it is almost forgotten ,, ask anyone you know, they reallly don't remember, you might but the average joe doesn't, i believe it is the starting point for the freedoms that are being taken away from us,, if we stop addressing it, then when will we adress it...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm not trying to derail this thread (as I have already posted 'on topic') but as I have heard claimed by
other posters in this thread, Ron Paul is not a cult-ish internet phenomenon.

The reason we Ron Paul supporters are so adamant and confrontational is because we perceive a
lack of respect paid to Ron Paul by the MSM. This is exacerbated by the notion that...

"...Ron Paul is not electable."

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that sentiment, I could by a car. Or to put it another way, if
everyone who decided to change their vote to another candidate BASED solely on that
sentiment were to show some intestinal fortitude and vote their conscience, I assert that Ron Paul
would be easily outshining all the other candidates. THIS IS HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, AND SO WE
PAULITES SOMETIMES TEND TO YELL AND SCREAM.

We are at a crossraods here, but it is my opinion that all is no lost just yet. But if we fail to act now
the noose will incrementally tighten and our hands will be tied. I for one would rather fight this
battle NOW, using my intellect and powers of persuasion, than to have my children fight this battle
in the future when only blood and death can reverse the course of history.

I am a firm believer that tyranny is afoot. History repeats itself whenever awareness and precaution
against tyranny is lulled and pacified. History teaches us that fear is the motivating weapon employed
by those who seek to subjugate us. This is exemplified by the number of times you hear the word
"Terror" repeated in the media.

Even if you are non-conspiratorial and believe the official story pertaining to the events of 9/11
you must surely be aware of the excess fear-mongering that has been shoved down our throats
by the MSM for the last ten years. I assert that there remains a large segment of US society
that still believes that our presence in the middle east constitutes a revenge for the attacks
of 9/11. This has NEVER been the case, but irregardless the MSM still propagates this false zeitgeist.

And in the same fashion the MSM has marginalized Ron Paul, attempting to paint him as a racist,
or asserting that he is unelectable, or as a last resort, ignoring him in favor of ANYONE else.

A part of my support for Ron Paul stems from an understanding that he is the only true political
outsider. He is the righteous underdog. And he has my vote regardless of electability. He has my
voice, even if I am the last man on his side. He has my respect and admiration for his principle,
his conviction, his character, and his message.

And I, like he, will challenge anyone on the issues he hold forth. For me it is not a partisan question.
I realize that Ron Paul cannot accomplish all that he would wish to accomplish in his tenure
as president. and that is the reason why none should be afraid this man. He will be hindered by
congress in slashing the budget, he will be hindered by congress in dismantling government
institutions, but the marginal success he can achieve, and the VETO power of the presidential pen
give him just enough power to keep this country from falling any further. And while we may all have
to sacrifice now, I have to courage to make that sacrifice. I AM READY for TSTHTF in a marginal way
right now while I can deal with. I have the courage to take my lumps so that my children don't have to.

We all were duped by the message of change by Barrack Obama in the last election. I was as well.
But I voted for a man I knew nothing about, and still know very little about. He was and is a liar
of the first order.

But I will continue to hope. I will continue to fight for what I believe in. I will continue to fight for you
and for your children with the loudest voice I have. And I challenge you to educate yourself as much as
possible about the candidates and make your own decision on who to support. I have made my decision,
and my full support is for Ron Paul.

Damn the torpedoes...full speed ahead!!
edit on 29-1-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ron Paul would be the best vote in a rational election. seeing that US elections are based on MSM lies and spin, voteing for him wont make a difference. If he does make it to office he will be shot no doubt. the next 10 years are going to be rough for humanity. I will still be voteing for Ron Paul, just as a small hope for a change.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You should vote for Ron Paul so the apocalypse won't happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have no certitude he will keep his words
But theres one thing im certain of.
Hes no Isreals bitch.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

To say look the law is accountable to people after all! We seek liberty and a return there of! Because Paul is a strict constitutionalist and we want a return of constitutional values and rule of law!
edit on 29-1-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Look at it this way.

If you DONT vote for Ron Paul then you ARE voting for people who have a track history of lying and being deceptive OPENLY!!!!!!!! What all the RP bashes DONT GET THROUGH THOSE THICK SKULLS OF THEIRS IS THIS VERY SIMPLE FACT.

You dont have any other choice.....its as simple as that. You either vote RP and hope to god he doesnt succumb to the lure of power or you vote for people who have sold their soul to the devil for money and power. RP has been consistently saying the same thing while the rest have been flip flopping all over the shop.

So why vote RP. simple. He is all you have in the sense of a PUBLIC SERVANT! He wants to serve YOU, NOT make you a slave.

And whats the big deal, if he changes his ideologies and turns to the dark side you haven't really lost anything. Nobody is going to notice a teaspoon of crap in an ocean of crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
is there any reasons i should not register to vote?
i really want to support ron paul
and have considered helping with the campaign,
and visiting the local neighborhood,
but are there any consequences to registering?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't support Ron Paul because I don't care about American politics anymore.

I support Cascadia.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well if you want the American image to be restored then you should vote For Paul.
Lets hope the elites wont control him.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by spiderpuppy

To that I would say Ron Paul is choosing to pick his battles...anybody who listens to him can see he has an accurate grasp of what's going on on this planet.. If he openly talked about what he thinks really happened on 9/11 he would have been marginalized and never would have made it this far...

If he compromises on 9/11 who's to say what else he will submit to?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Eric,

Take a look at this. I was going to start a thread on this but I'm too new, having less than 20 posts so maybe someone can copy and paste it. I hate to pull this card because it doesn't say anything about Ron Paul and his platform per se, but it does indicate who can win. A vote for Gingrich or Santorum is a wasted vote! Here's why:

The MSM is using Internet polls for the sheep......just like the man behind the curtain in the wizard of oz!! No matter what the media wants you to believe, It’s already a two-man race. Of the 2286 total Republican delegates, 1144 are needed to win the nomination. In five (5) States: Virginia, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Illinois - Gingrich and Santorum are not even on the ballot. That’s 564 delegates that they cannot get. After South Carolina, only 59 delegates have been allocated to the 4 candidates. Mitt Romney has 39 of those. This means Santorum or Gingrich has to pick up 1144 delegates from the remaining 1683.

Let’s say that Dr. Paul only picks up 20% of the total number of delegates – I happen to believe he will do much better – but let’s pick 20%. That’s 457 delegates for Dr. Paul. Add that to the 564 that Newt and Santorum won’t have a shot at and now there are 1021 delegates that Santorum and Gingrich have no chance of getting. Subtract that 1021 from the total 2286 and you’re left with 1265 delegates. That means that Gingrich and Santorum, one or the other, must pick up over 90% of the available delegates to get the nomination. So, essentially, we’re down to Paul and Romney.

A vote for Gingrich and Santorum is a wasted vote! A vote for Paul is not a wasted vote and may well mean that the next President of the United States will be a man that, for the last 30 years, has never broken a promise, compromised his principles or waffled his position on an issue. A man that still believes that the Constitution of the United States is THE law of the land and that the protection of our individual liberties is the primary reason for the Federal government. Dr. Paul does not need to win FL. He needs to win the caucus states, which are made up of more traditional Republicans who overwhelmingly support him.

As much as the media would like us to believe, this race is not over.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Because the man seems to be the only one, rep or dem who actuaully knows what he is talking about and has been consistant for more than 30 years.
And even if he does turn out to be somekind of freemason evil puppetmaster, it can't be as horrible as when a Romney of god forbid a Gingrich would be. (don't get me started on Santorum)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Tell us why we should not vote for him?

edit on 30-1-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The corporate owned mass media is trying everything they can to not let the public think they can choose their own candidate:
www.thedailyshow.com...
how dare they?
Who do these soulless media heads serve?
Not the people, you can be sure about that.

Ron Paul is the most electable candidate ever

edit on 30-1-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I honestly think 90% of people that support Ron Paul have no idea what US Libertarianism stands for. It's like all the Obama people that, after about a year, said, "OMG! Obama isn't what he promised he'd be!" when in fact they were projecting onto him their own hopes. I never supported Obama (except as an alternative to McCain), because I knew he'd spend his whole term trying to compromise with the ideologues and business muppets that run the modern GOP. I also knew that no matter what he said or did the "long knives" would come out from from the right... he'd be slimed for being all sorts of things he isn't (a real Liberal for instance).

It's the same with Paul. People think his use of the words Freedom and Liberty and his lip service to his wacko beliefs about the Constitution somehow would mean that America would be better and that their life would somehow be better.

The reality is that the Libertarian ideals are the ultimate in trickle down. Society, in case you haven't noticed, is full of people that'd slit your throat for a nickle. And it's doubly full of corporations that's literally kill you if it made them a buck.

Paul's concept of freedom is basically to remove all protections from our system. Ever read Lord of the Flies? Imagine that but with multinational corporations, instead of kids.

American Democracy is flawed, but that's no reason to replace it with unelected kings, whose only qualification is that they've found a way to squeeze out the most profit from their workers and the general population.

Put it another way, with politicians, there's at least a little bit of mob rule left, with US Libertarianism, unless you're on the Board of Directors, you have no say.

edit on 30-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Put it another way, with politicians, there's at least a little bit of mob rule left, with US Libertarianism, unless you're on the Board of Directors, you have no say.

edit on 30-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

Nice try to scare people. But you are wrong. Unless you think giving the powers back to the states counts as mob rule.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join