It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Vote For Ron Paul?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

"Why should I vote for Ron Paul"

Because you want to?

If you don't want to ...... don't vote for him. Don't ask others to choose your ideologies.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Dasher

I know. I even know that they are trolling for those responses.

I would crawl naked over broken glass for a polite response from a Ron Paul supporter. I responded to someone else, they called me a troll and you got rude with me. How did I deserve, ask for, or even appear to be wanting that result?

It just comes from a desire to educate about a good candidate and being met with the most dense counter arguments imaginable that never change.

You catch more flies with honey. When all the people that support one particular candidate treat anyone not already supporting them like #, you end up always being the only one supporting them.
The sort of thing might lead to a candidate consistently getting oh say about 20% support and NO MORE. Oh hey, what a coinky dink.

All I did was correct a lie with a fact. A fact you agreed with. How do you feel both of you being rude to me was educating me about a great candidate and not just turning me off altogether?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still
educating me about a great candidate and not just turning me off altogether?

Come now....

You seem articulate,and smart enough to "KNOW" who you are going to vote for. I would think that you have NO plan to vote for Paul,because Frankly,you haven't said ONE good thing about the man yet.Thats one thing you learn about Paul supporters,or those on the fence. They actually talk about the likes and dont likes.

So NOW i ask,who is your "choice",so we can clear the air,and get "facts" on the table............

Its easier to see where you stand,on the political fence.
edit on 29-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Still
educating me about a great candidate and not just turning me off altogether?

Come now....

You seem articulate,and smart enough to "KNOW" who you are going to vote for. I would think that you have NO plan to vote for Paul,because Frankly,you haven't said ONE good thing about the man yet.

I also have not said ONE BAD THING ABOUT THE MAN YET either. Apparently you did not notice that or chose not to?

Thats one thing you learn about Paul supporters,or those on the fence. They actually talk about the likes and dont likes.

And so far I have corrected a bit of misinformation with facts. Do Ron Paul supporters have a problem with that? Other than that, what the hell did I say to put me on either side of the fence? Where is one bad thing I said about Ron Paul? One!

So NOW i ask,who is your "choice",so we can clear the air,and get "facts" on the table............

So I am not allowed to say I am undecided yet because you have decided that I have my mind made up based on things you think I said but never did now, right?

Its easier to see where you stand,on the political fence.
edit on 29-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Riiiiiight. After you just got done telling me where I stand.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Still because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Can you all get real for a moment?
The poster said he was a doctor, not a millionaire.
I said he was a politician and an author and a millionaire.
Why the hell did my pointing out the truth get me pages of bashing from 3 people?
I really want to know what is wrong with what I posted about the truth there?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

Well,I am an Independent.

If your undecided,thats a whole different ball game.

I never stated anything,other then you haven't said a good thing about Paul.
Usually,those who are on the fence with him,have a STRONG opinion,either yes or no.
I wont call you disingenuous,but I will say I don't believe you have him anywhere near on top of your list to become President.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not an 'isolationist' like they all keep saying. He is against imperialism. His foreign policy is a good enough reason to vote for him.

And the alternative is Romney. Thats another great reason to vote for him.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Haha.. at least we know you are trolling for a fact now. I make a completely well reasoned reply and you respond that way. No real facts or insight. Nothing intelligent. Just insults. I would report it if it wasn't a waste of the mods time.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

It's hard to respond in kind to propaganda.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

..I think he was asking for reasons he might want to.
He stated that he has slow internet and can't watch videos, etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

Because it wasn't as simple as that. You were also insinuating that people who have an opinion of the man as a humble doctor are incorrect and that he was just a run of the mill greedy rich white guy. I pointed out that his net worth was actually pretty low compared to other politicians (hell even other doctors). He hasn't one large backer, yet he has such ardent support that he has managed to run against people like Romney who has a net worth of 200 million and like 40 billionaires backing him. The point is you were using propaganda language, and the whole false astonishment that people are treating Paul like he is a simple man etc.. same kind of thing Gingrich does when he is pretending every illegal immigrant is a little old lady.
It just gets old and is annoying.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Why should you vote for Ron Paul?

Because you can still vote.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That is why you should vote for Ron Paul. To reclaim your birthright.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
OP,

There are a lot of reasons to vote for Ron Paul. However, I think if you're coming to a thread on ATS for answers, you're not going to find any. You should look into his positions and his record and then see if his positions are ones you agree with.

I, for one, will be voting for RP because of the two things he CAN do:

1. Bring the troops home. I don't know about you guys, but I want my brother home from Afghanistan. He's been on too many tours overseas and had too many close calls. Besides bringing our brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers/etc home to be out of harm's way, it would save us a TON of money. Does anyone else see the sense in bombing the crap out of a county, killing so many innocent people, and then going back and rebuilding it? Iraq is probably in better shape now than some parts of our OWN country in terms of infrastructure etc.

2. Spread the message of limited government, liberty and the Constitution. I think there are too many people out there in our own country that either do not want or do not understand personal responsibility. They are more than happy to be told how to live their lives and raise their children. I'm sorry, I believe that I am intelligent enough to make smart choices for myself without the government telling me what to do. Also, he can start to inform the masses on just how destructive the Federal Reserve and our existing monetary policy is. Once people notice that the current system does nothing for us except EXTRACT our wealth out of the country, they might be more receptive to throwing this beast off their backs and finally standing up for themselves. Our monetary policy is what's really holding our economy and prosperity back.

In all honesty, OP, there are more than two reasons I'll be voting for him, but these are the things he CAN do by himself. Until the rest of America wakes up and realizes real change comes from within (i.e. cleaning house in Congress and so on), he can only do so much... it's better than continuing down the same ol' path, IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Many of you are stern supporters of Ron Paul...

I see on a daily basis the praise of this man...

But what makes him any different?

Every politician that wins the presidency does the opposite of what they propose...

What makes you think Ron will keep his word?

Also if you are to believe like I do...

that the president is just a figure head, a puppet if you will...
Someone for us to look at...
while the real decisions are carried out in the "shadows" by "TPTB"

Why would voting for Ron Paul be any different?
What would change?

Different man... same leaders...

I'm not bashing the man...
I just want to know...

Why should I vote for him?
What difference will he make?

Can he make a difference?

So what makes you think that voting for Ron Paul is in the best interest?

Well you probaly shouldn't vote at all, ever since George W. won I have lost my faith in this entire Controlled Republic, because that's what america is, not a democracy. You see, a democracy is when people get to choose their leaders. This is a Controlled Republic.

Secondly, if you are going to vote at all, why not at least vote for the least evil? You can't prove Ron Paul is genuine, but compared to the other war mongering candidates, you can safely assume that he is at least the lesser of the 4 evils.

Thirdly, the man has said several times that he doesn't care if he is president. He doesn't sit back and daydream about being the president like the other candidates, he simply wants to save the world by saving the cornerstone of the global economy, America's economy.

And lastly, listen to the actual policies of all the candidates. Here's Mitt Romney's foreign policy from his own mouth, "Beat them."

You can clearly see the attitude of these people by their economic and foreign strategies. Ron Paul is the only candidate that advocates the end of useless and gratuitous spending, as well as condemning any act of war from here on out.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will vote for Ron Paul because he can't be bought. says a Bush/Cheney strategist.
He is the uncorrupted.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Anyone that makes these posts are just trolls. There's not a single person on ATS that doesn't know who Ron Paul is, what his legendary record as a consistent congressman is, and what his platform is. People in the freaking U.K. know this, but someone from Kentucky doesn't? His son is one of your senators, for crying out loud!

/TOA

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Don't vote for Ron Paul.

To quote the ever quotable Noam Chomsky:

"[the US] Libertarian means extreme advocate of total tyranny..."

Preach it Noam.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul but what I don't understand is why doesn't he just run in Independent? The establishment is not going to allow him to run as a republican. Which at the same time makes me think "why even vote?" I'm starting to feel that our votes don't matter it's all already decided who's next in line. They have everyone so brain washed that this is a easy accomplishment. See to me the more I watch and pay attention the more this thought in me that it's all just a act comes to the forefront of my mind. It's like Realworld 75 Politics.

I feel as though the media has everyone in this country so divided that our fall as country is fast approaching. The state of affairs is the U.S. is truly disgusting to me. No one cares. I am one of the few out of my close immediate family, friends, and acquaintances that actually cares. My generation and the ones after either don't care or are so divided in politics that a true change is far far away. It would take some thing very drastic for this to change. This is just my opinion and that's that.

Back to the subject. Based on the videos and things I've read on the intenets. I will vote RP in the primaries. There's enough information out there for you to make your own decision which I suggest you do. Not taking shots at you. I think you should decide for yourself why you should maybe vote for him and if it will matter. IMO I don't think your vote or anyone else's matters it's already chosen. If he were to somehow get elected I don't think he get to change much. Congress will stop him on anything and everything that doesn't fatten their own pockets. Like someone else said "the whole system needs to change."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I find the most appealing thing About Ron Paul is not what he would do as president, but what he would not do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join