It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

in·doc·tri·nate:

1 : to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach
2 : to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle

Isn't that what Christian fundies are trying to do? I have to say, you all just love to project what you do onto others. All gay people want is to be accepted for what we are, without all the prejudice and lies that come from people like you. Not forgetting all the gay people that have been tortured and murdered simply for being gay. I bet you'd feel a whole lot different if it were Christians being on the receiving end. Oh hang on, you're not a Christian anyway so scratch that. I think Jesus would be rather pissed off with the likes of you hijacking his name and teachings to spread hate and prejudice. For shame.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

What a shame that the religious nut bars don't like a few tame words and use it to report a post to moderators, because they can't think of a decent, legitimate argument.

Thats because the bible and logic do not mix. When you question them about it they
1) respond with a bunch of verses from their book
2) get upset because they themselves cant sort out the logic
3) insult and deflect the question
4) whine to the mods

Are there any steps I have missed?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by scully222

What is it with your fixation on homosexuality? There is a ton of stuff the bible says that you ignore every day! Why pick out one subject that doesn't really harm you at all?

I'd love to hear your response to that without quoting the bible because that would be circular logic.

Thank you in advance.

Homosexuals are indoctrinating children and pushing the teaching of gay sex in school. So it does cause harm to society.

Really? Don't you go to hell when you lie ... ???

The Fair, Accurate, Inclusive and Respectful Education Act was introduced by gay state senator Mark Leno partly as a way to combat bullying of students who are gay or perceived to be. The FAIR Act passed the Senate in April and the Assembly earlier this month. Aside from ensuring that the contributions of gays and gay rights are included in textbooks, the legislation adds sexual orientation to the state's existing antidiscrimination protections that prohibit bias in school activities, instruction, and instructional materials.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Btw: how can I take your videos against homosexuality seriously when the host appears in full drag ...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Btw: how can I take your videos against homosexuality seriously when the host appears in full drag ...

He is wearing priestly robes of the Levites. Shows how much ignorance you have of the Bible.
edit on 3-2-2012 by PharohGnosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by PurpleSun

And never once did I say that I "know Him so much better than all the other Christians". it would be impossible to measure how deep a relationship is or compare them. You mentioned earlier that you are paranoid and it sure seems you think that I'm somehow attacking you which I'm not. Just stating facts.

well I did mention I was paranoid.. but it was more sarcasm in this instance... did I mention that I wasn't a perfect Christian as well..

I actually think you were attacking me in the sense of a haughty put down ..as well as other Christians.. God gives me a sense of these things.. (even if I do call him Jesus)..

It's ok..I forgive you... I have things that Jesus needs to work out in me as well.

May He have mercy on all of us... especially those of us in most need of His mercy.< (meaning me at times)

edit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

sorry that i haven't been on ATS in awhile. please no...i am sarcastic in nature. i never meant or intended to try to put anyone down with my remarks. with the way that i think and the level that i think, a lot of times it comes across that way when i don't mean it to. so maybe it's a combination of u being paranoid and me being me....either way i truly never wanted to put you or anyone else down.

i wasn't always so smart and didn't always know what i know. i had to learn and seek out the information and the truth. and now that i do know what i know, i invite others to find out the truth for themselves on their own journey rather than just tell them everything all the time. i think that the journey in finding the facts helps make people who they are. and about the letter "J'...again, it's not quibbling about a letter. there are millions of people CONVINCED that the saviors name is "Jesus" when He never once heard that name. that should be the first sign that there is a problem with the official translations of the Bible....the letter "J" is about 600 years old and yet the Savior was here over 2,000 years so how could His name possibly be "Jesus"? It may seem like a small point yet I think it's HUGE for people to realize that and realize that improper translations of the original texts cause huge problems. Not to mention i think it's crazy that there are millions of Christians who pray to God and don't even know His name or the real name of His son. If someone came to u and said, "i pray to a God but I don't know his name", that would just be weird and yet people think God's name is just "God". crazy.

i'm glad to see that no one tried to show me scripture that shows where being a lesbian is against God's laws. As i said earlier, it doesn't exist which is why no one can even dispute it. as for God not being a God of hate, again, that's the simple acceptance of inaccurate things and not knowing for ones self. if one did read one's bible and know what was in it, one would clearly be able to know that God does indeed hate. Christians just make themselves look ignorant when they say otherwise.

Oh, and I've been reading a lot of the "do not judge" stuff from other Christians. yet again, another misconception. God does indeed say to judge people..He just says to judge others the way that you choose to be judged. "Judge others lest you be judged" doesn't mean don't judge...it means judge others how you would want to be judged.

and gabby, nothing in here is sarcastic and meant to be insulting or directed with my finger pointing to you (just in case you were wondering) = )

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So if God hates gays and is capable of raining fire and destroying the cities they live in as the result of his judgement on the matter. Why don't we just let the gay people do as they will, and let him take care of it? According to you he is more than capable of pulling on the big boy pants to do it yet one more time. Surely he will send his angels to guide you out of harms way since you are such a devout follower. Or are you saying he can't do any of this anymore? What has he decided to be a deadbeat dad? And if he can't take care of it wouldn't that mean he isn't God?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
reply to post by Garfee

Hope you enjoy your stay in Hell sodomite : ) Once you are there God won't let you out. You'll suffer for all eternity for the choice of being a homosexual and rejecting your Lord.

that's a contradiction. "Hell" is a pagan belief that got looped into christianity. if you do the research, you'll see that there is no hell in jewish beliefs on which christianity took most of it's ideas and beliefs. in fact, the concept of "hell" comes from the word "gahenna" which isn't a place of souls burning - it was a trash heap outside of the walls of jerusalem. the word in the original text is "גהנום/גהנם" , not hell. yet another mistraslation which lead the early church to add pagan beliefs to jewish beliefs that evolved itself to make christianity what it is. getting back to the basics and what Yeshua believed (as a Jew), there was no hell. there's not even a word for it that Yeshua would've spoken 2,000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
So if God hates gays and is capable of raining fire and destroying the cities they live in as the result of his judgement on the matter. Why don't we just let the gay people do as they will, and let him take care of it? According to you he is more than capable of pulling on the big boy pants to do it yet one more time. Surely he will send his angels to guide you out of harms way since you are such a devout follower. Or are you saying he can't do any of this anymore? What has he decided to be a deadbeat dad? And if he can't take care of it wouldn't that mean he isn't God?

Well, QUITE. And yet here I am, head to toe in glitter, practising Madonna's Blonde Ambition tour Express Yourself dance routine without a care in the world while 666 of my gaystapo buddies are INDOCTRINATING poor CHRISTIAN CHILDREN in the ways of ACCEPTANCE of others. Soz for the caps and all that; I just like to bring a little hysteria into things whenever Jesus is brought up. It helps the fundies feel more at home.

I swear, you pseudo-Christians are really mean.

seriousface.jpg
edit on 3-2-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Hey bad boy, some advice for ya xx

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

"i pray to a God but I don't know his name"

God's name is Jesus.
Do you really think that for millions of years, people never said anything that sounds like what we call today, a J ?
edit on 3-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

"i pray to a God but I don't know his name"

God's name is Jesus.
Do you really think that for millions of years, people never said anything that sounds like what we call today, a J ?

So why wasn't Jesus just called Yahweh when he was born if he's actually "God"? Why give him a different name? I mean, the bible is confusing enough, what with all the huge contradictions already in there. Are you sure you're not just confusing Jesus on Earth with God in Heaven? I know they're supposedly one and the same (along with the holy spirit of course) but if Jesus is God, then why didn't he just say 'me' or 'I' when referring to God, instead of referring to himself as a separate entity altogether? Didn't he know? And if he didn't know, why didn't he just perform another miracle and save all that crucifixion hassle when he DID find out? That would have saved him a whole lot of grief in the long run.

Or did you just pull that out of your sphincter?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Jesus is the name of God.
It is a bit tricky so I don't expect people to get it right away.
We really don't know anything about God other than what we know from Jesus.
I realize some people disagree so I take it that they believe in a different God than I do.

Or did you just pull that out of your sphincter?
No. Read The Forth Gospel by John Bowman.
Jeus and the Jews

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think we believe in the same God, but im having issues with this idea...

I remember your God/god explanation, but you've kinda went in a different direction...

Would you mind explaining before i have to start another "Jesus isn't God" debate?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So if Jesus is actually God, why would he refer to God as his father instead of just referring to himself? None of this makes any sense whatsoever and it's not because people don't get it, it's because it simply makes no sense.

Are you saying that believers who disagree with your own interpretation believe in another god entirely?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think there are a lot of different views on God but to me, they are different gods.
Some other gods that people made up.
The real God is the one Jesus talked about and beyond that, showed us God's character.
The character and the name are one and the same.
So God is Jesus.
It does not work both ways, meaning you can't turn it around and say Jesus is God.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join