It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

you can't turn it around and say Jesus is God.

You said Jesus is the name of God but now you say Jesus can't be God? What?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Are you saying that believers who disagree with your own interpretation believe in another god entirely?
Yes, it's idolatry, worshiping a God you created yourself.
Jesus creates a mental image of what God is like, and this is an approved of by God method for people to know Him, so we know God as the Father of Jesus.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

You said Jesus is the name of God but now you say Jesus can't be God? What?

I said it was tricky.
The whole god thing is tricky if you think about it and people think they have it down because they are taught a simplified version for children but have never gotten beyond that.
God is not someone Abraham saw walking along towards Sodom while sitting at the entrance of his tent one warm afternoon, even though in Genesis it says it was YHWH. It was someone who represented God, though Abraham could have rightly called that person he met and ate dinner with YHWH.

edit on 3-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Ok im with ya on this line of thought...

So what is God?

I've seen you discribe God as a person... which i disagree with...

what say you?

edit on 4-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by scully222

What is it with your fixation on homosexuality? There is a ton of stuff the bible says that you ignore every day! Why pick out one subject that doesn't really harm you at all?

I'd love to hear your response to that without quoting the bible because that would be circular logic.

Thank you in advance.

Take your little clicky thingy and click it on page one. Pretty sure the topic of the thread is homosexuality and God's take on it. Wouldn't be relevant to talk about the weather now would it? Is that circular enough for yah?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
reply to post by PharohGnosis

in·doc·tri·nate:

1 : to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach
2 : to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle

Isn't that what Christian fundies are trying to do? I have to say, you all just love to project what you do onto others. All gay people want is to be accepted for what we are, without all the prejudice and lies that come from people like you. Not forgetting all the gay people that have been tortured and murdered simply for being gay. I bet you'd feel a whole lot different if it were Christians being on the receiving end. Oh hang on, you're not a Christian anyway so scratch that. I think Jesus would be rather pissed off with the likes of you hijacking his name and teachings to spread hate and prejudice. For shame.

Let me see if I got this straight. All gay people want is to be celebrated for what they are, without all the guilt and possible shame of having to admit there could be differing viewpoints on their lifestyle. Making a gay person feel uncomfortable is considered a hate crime nowadays so congratulations, you are now a special class of citizen. From what I am told the torture and murder of Christians just for being Christians has never happened in the history of the world, so I must be a bigot for even bringing it up. However, mocking ignorant Christians is considered great fun and is encouraged by intellectuals, bloggers, and several people in this thread. Your absolutely right, I can't possibly be a Christian because that's for you to decide. Lastly, I find it hard to believe that Jesus was ever pissed off at anyone, even you. That seems to describe the reality I see everyday pretty well.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by scully222

Let me see if I got this straight. All gay people want is to be celebrated for what they are, without all the guilt and possible shame of having to admit there could be differing viewpoints on their lifestyle. Making a gay person feel uncomfortable is considered a hate crime nowadays so congratulations, you are now a special class of citizen. From what I am told the torture and murder of Christians just for being Christians has never happened in the history of the world, so I must be a bigot for even bringing it up. However, mocking ignorant Christians is considered great fun and is encouraged by intellectuals, bloggers, and several people in this thread. Your absolutely right, I can't possibly be a Christian because that's for you to decide. Lastly, I find it hard to believe that Jesus was ever pissed off at anyone, even you. That seems to describe the reality I see everyday pretty well.

Tut tut, scully222. Where in that post did I say we want to be celebrated? I said we want to be accepted; there's a little bit of a difference there. But well done you on twisting that and the rest of my post to fit your little agenda. Nice try but you're not dealing with a fool here. You'd think since Christians were persecuted back in the day that you'd be a little more tolerant of modern-day minorities but that's obviously not the case. You want to persecute and marginalise. I do find mocking ignorant Christians great fun because it shows that you can dish it out with relish but you can't stand getting a taste of your own medicine. And no, I don't think you can be a Christian because Jesus was pretty much all for accepting the social outcasts of the day - are you? No.

When the tables are turned you all start playing the victim but I don't care how you feel about it. The simple fact of the matter is, as I said above, if you can't take it then don't give it out. If you weren't feverishly posting your hate and prejudice we'd have nothing to argue against so how about all you pretend Christians wind your collective neck in and leave others alone? That would solve the problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you are in actual fact your god's personal spokesman and claim to know that if other believers don't believe exactly what you believe, that they are worshipping false idols and are not true believers? Do I have that right?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
THIS thread was supposed to be about G-d and homosexuality, althought it frequenly wandered off topic.

Don't claim to know G-d's thoughts (My thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your ways), but sin is sin- is rape or murder! "Lesser" sins? It seems to me that people should focus more on their own lives, and let G-d deal with others.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by scully222

No, not at all. We would just like you to get the f out of our business thank you very much.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Btw: how can I take your videos against homosexuality seriously when the host appears in full drag ...

He is wearing priestly robes of the Levites. Shows how much ignorance you have of the Bible.
edit on 3-2-2012 by PharohGnosis because: (no reason given)

Well, its good that they CALL it robes..whatever, because he is not pulling off the drag look very well.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've seen you discribe God as a person... which i disagree with...

I just checked my old thread on Anankē, and you posted on it so you are familiar with its existence.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This the source for my changing my opinion from:
God ≠ a person, to: God = a person.
The reason I thought ≠, was the idea that God created the universe, so had to be completely alien to us in order to have existed when there was no universe.
Now I understand that the alien thing was Anankē, so that frees up God to be more like us.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

So you are in actual fact your god's personal spokesman and claim to know that if other believers don't believe exactly what you believe, that they are worshipping false idols and are not true believers? Do I have that right?
I normally don't think of myself as being "god's personal spokesman".
I am basically trying to motivate people to become informed enough to be able to refute any claims I may be making.
I think most "true believers" believe in their own ideas as if that is the reality of anything.
It would be natural to be like that but it would also be natural to die and never come back, but who wants that?
The supernatural is something outside of just your own thoughts, so at some point you have to relinquish those beliefs in the face of necessity to grab that thing outside of you that can overcome what is so natural an end of things.
edit on 4-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
God is the whole but can be defined as three parts, God the father, Yeshuah the son of god, and the holy ghost. It is layed out PERFECTLY in the book of Exodus, with the tabernacle which was divided into the Court roundabout, the holy place, and the Most holy place. This three fold pattern resonates throughout both animate and inanimate life in the universe. Everywhere you look there will be testament to the infallible work of God's law. Noah’s ark top deck, middle deck, and lower deck, Gen 6:16, the structure of the mind of man (Spirit Law, mental faculties, sense perception), the infinitesimal particles of matter (proton, neutron, electron). And yes I recognize the many other subatomic particles -___-. The vegetable kingdom (branches, trunk, roots) "I realized that it is true that the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead so that they are without excuse" (Rom. 1:19-20). Therefore, every manifestation of God had to be and must be three-fold. So applied to our and our connection with the universe, I interpret it like this.

Yeshuah the Messiah, who died on the cross for our sins. The redeemer of souls and belief in him shall bring you salvation for your sins. Now salvation is a state of mind with the reward of Heaven.! And a punishment of Hell .! Two very opposite sides of the spectrum you see, but we are to be held accountable for our actions on the Earth plane. And the rode to salvation and everlasting piece depend on your actions on this Earth plane, once again with two main options, good or bad actions. So in summation the Messiah represents the consummation of the soul. IF you choose to do what you are here for.

The Holy Ghost. It represents a binding universal force of singularity and understanding enlayed in our minds. I was watching a special on Edgar Caycee one day, and it stated that when asked the question of where he got his predictions for the future, he said something like: All he had to do was tap into the cosmic consiencousness within him. Everybody has the ability to tap into this pansophy. Maybe a scientific POV it could represent something like Dark Matter, or the God Particle.? Not really sure, but I really enjoy this quote nature of God's work. "Our science, but the mathematical knowledge of God" - Unknown. But yeah, the Holy Ghost a gift of god. So know god is always with you he IS you he is WITHIN you. We are apart of something greater.

God the father. The great architect. Though i cannot attempt to vindicate the actions our father I am thankful for the unspeakable gift, LIFE. I'm still working on this this section ^__^.

But if you want to learn more, really research the tabernacle. I've attained many vistas in my objective study of the bible and especially the tabernacle.

Check out my school's website, it also has alot of insight on this. PLIM.org

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So how many of you on this post belong to the "god hates fags"
church that protest soldiers funerals?

I'd just like to say, you "god hates fags" people are sick.

Why do you protest at a funeral?
Have you no compassion/mercy/consideration?

90%+ of these soldiers who you protest against are not even homosexual, yet you want to tell a family who just lost a loved one that this person died because the US is tolerant of homosexuality.

Thats worse than me saying I enjoy eating
"rabbit on a stick" for easter dinner.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

First of all, you are preaching an anti-christ, meaning a messiah of you own invention, where the Christian Messiah is the one spoken of in the Christian Bible, otherwise known as the New Testament and in that Bible it says that the Messiah is Jesus.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

First of all, you are preaching an anti-christ, meaning a messiah of you own invention, where the Christian Messiah is the one spoken of in the Christian Bible, otherwise known as the New Testament and in that Bible it says that the Messiah is Jesus.

I am absolutely not. There was no "J" when the messiah walked, the name Jesus is a product of the Hellenic transition. Yeshua was what the Hebrews called him, and why would continue to propagate ignorance to satisfy the majority or your Christian beliefs.? Which have no influence on me because I am not a christian.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You being not a Christian creates a severe lack of interest in me for your views of God, or anything else.
As long as you make it clear you are not a Christian, then you get no quarrel from me.
People should be free to invert their own religion but the name, Christian, is already taken.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Re some above comments: If the christians bicker and can't come to an agreeement on which of them are right or wrong, why do they bother telling others how wrong they are?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

. . . why do they bother telling others how wrong they are?

That should probably be something to do between Christians and not bother other people about.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join