It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by Garfee
Why don't you use your words to explain rather than allow youtube to do it for you?

It doesn't take much to think for yourself, you just have to want to.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Garfee because: incorrect grammar

I actually enjoyed the videos.

Good for you.

If you're happy to let youtube preach to you rather than demand someone back up their opinion by themselves - I imagine you have rather low standards in life.

Making a comment - or in the case of the OP which was at best a nudge in the general direction of their opinion - and then posting youtube clips to back themselves up is just lazy.

[SNIPPED]
edit on Fri Feb 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Could a Christian please explain this to me: If God created everyone, why would he create gay people if he thought it was a sin? I don't want verses or scripture quoted, just a simple answer will suffice.

God doesn't create people gay. Remember Satan? He seduces people into sin. It's Satan that causes people to be gay not God. Read Genesis, God created man then woman to be his mate.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Ah ok, so satan makes gay kids eh?

Well, you certainly are a wellspring of knowlege. Got any more facts for us?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Could a Christian please explain this to me: If God created everyone, why would he create gay people if he thought it was a sin? I don't want verses or scripture quoted, just a simple answer will suffice.

God doesn't create people gay. Remember Satan? He seduces people into sin. It's Satan that causes people to be gay not God. Read Genesis, God created man then woman to be his mate.

Your logic is very flawed. According to the bible God created everything that was in the Garden of Eden. How did the snake get in there? Party crasher? And since God is omniscient he knew that his creation would eat from the forbidden fruit. So did he set up his own children to fail?

The book that you constantly reference to is so flawed that it is very hard to keep up with all the inconsistencies, but an apologist like you will always find excuses and justifications. Use the thing between your ears: it's called a brain.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Really..?

I always thaught it was a mixture of overactive hormones and chemicals in an individual, making them more like the opposite sex..

Satan sure works in mysterious ways..lol

No Iwon't red Genesis, because it's a tabliod with no hard "physical", evidence to back it up..

The bible was written a couple of throusand years ago, everything written in it is just heresay, unless a christian, can bring god or jesus and stend them infront of me and say :there you go".. Science can do that wiith Evolution, why can't christians do it with religion.. give us the 100% proof (not "but it says here in the book, because that isn't proof), it's all true and I'll convert right away..!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What you're saying is just what Christian fundies usually say -- God created everything except the things I don't like. THOSE things came from Satan.

Do you realise how stupid you sound? Don't you ever get sick of people who know more than you taking you to school every time you start spouting your crap? There is NOTHING Christian about you. Not a thing. You are not doing what Jesus wanted and to claim you're a Christian only shows you up as a fake. A fraud. A liar.

I feel sorry for you more than anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Lust may be satan in someone's mind, but the psychology of a scientist would suggest that there is a cause and purpose of every thought provoked in the human brain. The thoughts usually have a reason to why they are there. In the case of homosexuality it is from a very early age, in the case of lust it is a want because we all want to feel high. There is an emotional response to your dream of lust, when your dream is turned into reality it can make you very happy, and feel more than amazing.

So lust is not satan, lust is a psychology of wanting something that we don't have and knowing that we are too insufficient to attain it. Lust is a release of adrenaline stirring from thoughts of love, if a person has a psychology of hate they most likely don't care about love as a person that believes in it for the development of their mind, body, and soul. In the case of sex it is psychology, a human simply wants to feel good. In the case of real magic invoked by the holy spirit, some might say it is dark forces but the power is the power, when someone is given the power they have the choice to use it for good and bad. If asked about gayness, I would just say because the world has too many forms of life, it is just inevitable.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

What you're saying is just what Christian fundies usually say -- God created everything except the things I don't like. THOSE things came from Satan.

Do you realise how stupid you sound? Don't you ever get sick of people who know more than you taking you to school every time you start spouting your crap? There is NOTHING Christian about you. Not a thing. You are not doing what Jesus wanted and to claim you're a Christian only shows you up as a fake. A fraud. A liar.

I'm a Christian, you just want to ignore parts of the Bible you don't like. Greg Laurie has started a Sermon series called Absolute Truth. It covers the Christian world view. I would suggest listening to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You most certainly are not a Christian with all the hate you spout. You're only hiding behind the bible to justify your own bigotry. I'm doing pretty well without your ridiculous old book, thanks very much. I don't think I need to tell you what you can do with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

.............. for every clip you deem worthy to prove your point I can provide one of fireworks going off in someones ass.

I just couldnt let this one go.....hilarious. Given the topic of this thread.

but I dont think the mods will let you post videos like that here.

jk...jk
(thanks for the laugh)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm a Christian, you just want to ignore parts of the Bible you don't like. Greg Laurie has started a Sermon series called Absolute Truth. It covers the Christian world view. I would suggest listening to it.

I love this! Listening to you two go back and forth is like watching a grown man try to talk to a young boy throwing a temper tantrum. The man makes a statement and the boy starts screaming and calling him names. Classic! I think it is fascinating how the term "Hate" seems to be defined nowadays. One would think all the name calling, labeling, judging, belittling, and general nastiness toward other people could be considered hate. And yet all the people in this thread slinging these accusations consider themselves above all that. The premise of the thread is simple:

This is what the Bible has to say about Homosexuality

I have yet to here one person in this thread deny that premise. What I do here is "The bible is stupid and hateful", "God is stupid and hateful", "If you believe that you are just another bigoted Christian idiot living in the dark ages", and on and on. The stated goal for the homosexual community is "acceptance". The reality is the gay community demands society to be a celebration of gayness with no dissenting opinions allowed. Kind of like our Federal Government. Anyone not lining up to get indoctrinated is shouted down and ridiculed into silence. Just like the government. I don't claim to be smarter than anyone here on ATS. I think I can get my point across without name calling or belittling anyone. I choose to make up my own mind on things. This whole argument just reeks of hypocrisy. The haters are throwing the hate card around. So call me stupid, call me a bigot, call me anything you want, I don't offend easily. Stun me with your vast intellect, quote books I've never read, correct my spelling, call me ignorant again, it's all good. I just find the mindset kind of funny. WAR IS PEACE!
edit on 1-2-2012 by scully222 because: Hit "Reply" to soon. Oops!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the UNRIGHTEOUS will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

You have pointed out one sin, are you going to tell everyone you are not guilty of breaking even one point. You are creating dissension and division right now. And remember the bible says that not one is righteous.

You see the bible says that not one is righteous and then says the unrighteous will not enter the kingdom of God. So it appears that no one can enter.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 John 2:2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and NOT FOR OURS ONLY BUT ALSO FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for ALL PEOPLE

Good thing Jesus came to cleanse the sin of all people, not just Christians but the whole world. If you could understand this your life would change. Now you see all non Christians as doomed to hell. What you need to see is that they are walking in darkness and only need to be lead to the light. They can only be lead by love, not fear.

1 John 5:17 All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

Do you think homosexuality is the one sin that leads to death? The bible says it is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 7:1-2 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

God considers us all unrighteous and unworthy of his glory so that we are humbled by Grace. We should not start to boast of our forgiveness and judge others. Because anyone who boasts is not humble and God gives his grace to the humble. I know I am a sinner and I am humbled by his Grace.

John 15:17 This is my command: Love each other

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Looks like Jesus gave us a pretty good command with an excellent promise. I know that I will never be able to earn my way into heaven, but I can at least try. Since love covers a multitude of sins I will listen to Jesus. I will not judge, I will be humble, and most of all I will choose to love everyone.

Through my love I will continue to point out the sins of my brothers and the world, but only so I might bring them closer to the love that Christ has for us.

So then what are we to do as Christians?

John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Colossians 3:12-17 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Do you understand yet? We are chosen so that we may show the world love, not to condemn the world. Jesus did not come to judge the world but to teach us how to love. He ate and drank with sinners pouring out his love on them so that they may come to him in love not fear. We are chosen to be royal priesthood of believers that love one another. We are to put on the virtues of love and everything we do we should give thanks. We are being called to be examples of Jesus’ love for us. We did not deserve grace and because of this we need to clothes ourselves with sinners and pour out our love on them, just as Christ did for us.

We are supposed to be like Christ. You continue to teach fear, when Christ taught only love and forgiveness of sin.

edit on 1-2-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Why don't you use your words to explain rather than allow youtube to do it for you?

It doesn't take much to think for yourself, you just have to want to.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Garfee because: incorrect grammar

I actually enjoyed the videos.

Good for you.

If you're happy to let youtube preach to you rather than demand someone back up their opinion by themselves - I imagine you have rather low standards in life.

Making a comment - or in the case of the OP which was at best a nudge in the general direction of their opinion - and then posting youtube clips to back themselves up is just lazy.

"I believe that homosexuality is wrong because of X
Here is a short salient youtube clip to reaffirm X as I may not be able to explain it as well as this gentleman"

That's exactly what he and the OP did.
Did you only want their personal opinion.?
He can do whatever he wants.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot.!"
"Volcano"
*Que you crying*
"Hey there's no volcano.!"

This is what this reminds me of.

inappropriate remark removed.

Is that common in the gay community.?
edit on Fri Feb 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You most certainly are not a Christian with all the hate you spout. You're only hiding behind the bible to justify your own bigotry. I'm doing pretty well without your ridiculous old book, thanks very much. I don't think I need to tell you what you can do with it.

Why are you on the religion forum Bible bashing.?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

This pretty much sums up my viewpoint on this issue. Spoken from a person with a much better grasp of the bible than I have. We are all sinners just looking for some direction. Some people are just too damn sensitive. Not bad for a "Messenger of Hate". Great job!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by grey580

Since you're assuming anybody your expecting a reply from is going to be a hypocrite, i'm not going to answer any of your questions. I am deeply offended, not because i'm not a hypocrite because I totally am. I was gonna go to work but then I got...well you know the rest.

Hahaha, smite...I love that word.

edit on 29-1-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

Nice try, Bonzo. Whether or not you were referred to as a hypocrite (and grey580 named no names), I would like to see you answer all of those questions seeing as how you've set yourself up a some sort of crusader against homosexuality. Homosexuality is not the only thing railed against in the bible but your lot seemed to be fixated on it. But whatever, since you know oh-so-much and have decided to pontificate to others, I would like to see you answer those questions honestly. If you can't, then you can be dismissed as merely another bigot hiding behind an ancient book to justify your nonsense.

reply to post by grey580

Since you're assuming anybody your expecting a reply from is going to be a hypocrite, i'm not going to answer any of your questions. I am deeply offended, not because i'm not a hypocrite because I totally am. I was gonna go to work but then I got...well you know the rest.

Hahaha, smite...I love that word.

edit on 29-1-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

Nice try, Bonzo. Whether or not you were referred to as a hypocrite (and grey580 named no names), I would like to see you answer all of those questions seeing as how you've set yourself up a some sort of crusader against homosexuality. Homosexuality is not the only thing railed against in the bible but your lot seemed to be fixated on it. But whatever, since you know oh-so-much and have decided to pontificate to others, I would like to see you answer those questions honestly. If you can't, then you can be dismissed as merely another bigot hiding behind an ancient book to justify your nonsense.

It was a different time, none of the rules apply now. But thank you for reading that far back into the thread. You must have missed a few previous posts though, I and others have provided the answers to all his questions already. I'm not going to repeat myself.

Seeing that the OP says God's Judgment on homosexuality., all my answers have the word of the Bible in it. You go into a thread like this expecting people not to use the Bible and God's word.? And I'm not a bigot.!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I can provide one of fireworks going off in someones ass.

Is that common in the gay community.?

No, but it's quite common on youtube - where these videos are linked from - along with cats that sound like people, alien sightings, hilarious remixes and drunk people singing.

But then you knew that and threw that passive-agressive little comment in because you thought it might upset me, didn't you? How disappointing if that was the best you could come up with.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Aha! So, none of the rules apply now expect the ones that pertain to homosexuality? You are ridiculous, breathtakingly so. Your response just proves how much of a hypocrite you actually are and shows that you and your opinions can be dismissed as nothing but the inane ramblings of an hysterical bigot. And yes, you are a MASSIVE bigot. That you refused to answer the questions posed by grey580, claiming they no longer apply, but still bang on about homosexuality, proves just how much of a bigot you are. And no, you did not answer the questions so stop lying about it. It only makes you look worse than you already do.

As for me being on the religious forum bible bashing -- I can post anywhere I like and you can't do a thing about it. Sucks to be you, eh?
edit on 2-2-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by scully222

What is it with your fixation on homosexuality? There is a ton of stuff the bible says that you ignore every day! Why pick out one subject that doesn't really harm you at all?

I'd love to hear your response to that without quoting the bible because that would be circular logic.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by scully222

What is it with your fixation on homosexuality? There is a ton of stuff the bible says that you ignore every day! Why pick out one subject that doesn't really harm you at all?

I'd love to hear your response to that without quoting the bible because that would be circular logic.

Thank you in advance.

Homosexuals are indoctrinating children and pushing the teaching of gay sex in school. So it does cause harm to society.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join