It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US Military Buildup on Two Strategic Islands: Socotra and Masirah

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Yes.

Ancient historical idol worshiping hijacking Religion.

Namely Catholicism. Good ol' Paganism disguising itself as a mainstream religion, funny how people don't see it.

"Hey guys we're Christians, but we celebrate solstices and worship idols! Neat eh? Now we're going to invade Persia, er, I mean Iran, and take out the "Assassins", ah, oops, I mean terrorists."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I am not an American, but lived there for a while. Feel free to ignore my questions, if you think it is not important to address the curiosity of a non-American who qualifies for the badge of "America-hater".

Actually the founding fathers envisioned citizens serving then going back to private life. They never figured on career politicians.

I keep hearing a lot about this founding fathers and what they wanted. Why is that relevant? Is USA supposed to be their property for eternity and every succeeding generation bound by what they did, talked or wanted? Or is it that the USA for all eternity can never expect to produce greater wisdom than they possessed? Isn't what is USA today several times larger than the USA these founding fathers founded, thus making both the assumptions invalid?

I mean, I can understand people talking about the constitution, because that is supposed to represent the cumulative wisdom of all generations since founding and until today. But the founding fathers, some of whom were slave-holders?

Just to give you a small perspective I recommend you read this thread and the links that it provides.

I will.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Iran's revenue is entirely from selling oil. The cost of refining oil will not go up. So the higher crude oil prices go up, the more income Iran has. Iran will deliberately create tensions to raise the price of oil.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

Ah the founding fathers. Why was there an American Revolution? US citizens were taxed less than English citizens. According to John Adams, less than 1/3 of Americans supported the revolution.
The Southern founding fathers may have supported the revolution to maintain slavery (Washington, Jefferson).
Franklin was another weird one. His house in London with all the cut up cadavers.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Note the English were actively working to ban slavery starting in 1772. The wealth of the great plantation owners depending on exploiting large numbers of slaves. Follow the money.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

Wikipedia is not a source.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

I did not realize that you were not American. My apologies. I thought that you were yet another American who doesn't know their own history. I certianly don't expect you to have knowlege of our founding fathers and what they endured or why they made the constitution the way they did.

That said here's a small amount of info. The declaration of independance being the document that started America on the way to independance.
text of the declaration

This is the text of the constitution
the Constitution

These are the document links for you.

Now the reason the founding fathers are so revered here is that they suffered great repression at the hands of the British. Peoples lands were seized without cause. People were jailed for little or no cause. unfair taxes were levied to benefit the king. People were forced to quarter british soldiers with no compensation, And many other versions of repression too numerous to list.

The founding fathers stood up to the king with the declaration and claimed independance from England even though they knew if they were caught they would be executed and some were, Their families were ruined and their lands and properties were seized. Yet they stood up for what they believed in and stuck to their guns.

They took several years to draft the constitution and were very careful to give the people the power to change what they didn't like about the government, because they had been given no way to do that by the British. If they went to the king they were mostly ignored.

They envisioned a state were the people held the power and the government served the people.They envisioned a government of,by, and for the people.

Hope this helps a bit. And again I apologize for not realizing that you were not American. Was stupid of me.

Oh I would also like to apologize for the actions of my government . I'm afraid that we lost control of them long ago. Just so you know the government doesn't actually represent the feelings or attitudes of the average American citizen any more.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is my great fear.

While it seems obvious the US and Israel with strike Iran, I was hoping for a bombing campaign at most with special forces handling contingencies. An actual invasion will surely enrage China and Russia. Seriously considering going into survivalist mode now.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Attention to Officers being deployed to Masirah, don't forget your golf clubs! Masirah has a golf course towards the end of runways 17 and 25. It's called Turtle Bay

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Yes.

Ancient historical idol worshiping hijacking Religion.

Namely Catholicism. Good ol' Paganism disguising itself as a mainstream religion, funny how people don't see it.

"Hey guys we're Christians, but we celebrate solstices and worship idols! Neat eh? Now we're going to invade Persia, er, I mean Iran, and take out the "Assassins", ah, oops, I mean terrorists."

Typical erroneous and ignorant statement from a religious troll
Mods, please censor my comment for being off topic or T&C.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
reply to post by FoosM

Iran's revenue is entirely from selling oil. The cost of refining oil will not go up. So the higher crude oil prices go up, the more income Iran has. Iran will deliberately create tensions to raise the price of oil.

Oh thats right, when the price of oil goes up, the price of gas at the pump stays the same.
And, why would Iran want their oil prices to go up? Dont they have competitors who could offer the oil cheaper?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Typical erroneous and ignorant statement from a religious troll
Mods, please censor my comment for being off topic or T&C.

Sorry you don't agree, however my comment wasn't targeting a person, I did not harm anyone, and I did not have malicious intentions. I sincerely apologize if that offended you. It wasn't off-topic, I believe certain religions play a big part in all this conflict, just my opinion.

I am not a "religious troll", I am a Christian and proud of it. Nor am I afraid to talk about taboo subject matter, I really think people should have a more open mind.

I did unfairly target a mod with a similar comment a few days back, and I apologize to that mod as well. Masons Catholics and Muslims are just as entitled to free speech as everyone else, as much as I disagree with their views and these wars.
edit on 29-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There is a world market for oil. When there is tension in the Middle East, oil prices all over the world increase. And so does the price of gas at the pump.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

There were essentially no abuses of the American public at the hands of the English. The English had been fighting a world war against the French for decades. The cost of defending the American colonies (What we call the French and Indian War) was partially paid for by taxes levied against the Americans. As it was felt it was only fair to have Americans pay war taxes, since the English citizens paid even higher taxes.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"Massive US Military Buildup on Two Strategic Islands: Socotra and Masirah"

Is there any way to validate this claim other than from the DEBKA website?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh puleeeeze get with the programme apart from the usual specious and erroneous inane remarks, the anti catholic trolling is not de-rigeur anymore your stuck in the 80's mate go take a seat and read a dan brown fairy stories

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

socotra's a big sand dune with strange fat trees

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

The Persian gulf is hardly only desert. There exists jungles, forests, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

dont forget snow

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuchullainuk777

Oh puleeeeze get with the programme apart from the usual specious and erroneous inane remarks, the anti catholic trolling is not de-rigeur anymore your stuck in the 80's mate go take a seat and read a dan brown fairy stories

People need to stop derailing threads with these attacks against me, quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. If you have a problem with something I've said, send me a private message.

I've been nothing but gentlemanly and respectful to other ATSers for the most part, and I would expect nothing less in return.

Enough with the drama-rama, back on topic please.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join