It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US Military Buildup on Two Strategic Islands: Socotra and Masirah

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
so it seems Nostradamus was correct after all. about 22 or 23 years ago a couple of friend sat around table and we discussed Nostradamus predictions. one describe what looked like a nuclear war. the middle east and a country described as america were involved. it never made sense as all we could think of then was the real bad evil part in the middle east israel and it did not make sense that either america bomb them or they bomb america. As we know the Nostradamus predictions is very difficult to decipher. but yeah now everything start to make sense. Now we just need to check if the bomb drop on america or Iran and as the predictions go that it will be the start of a new order of power.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think the source in the original post could win an award for creative fiction. In no scenario can anyone imagine we will go to war with our strongest ally ... Saudi Arabia. And why would we stock troops on tiny islands? We'd just send them to Afghanistan and Iraq, who both have common borders with Iran. Kind of hard to invade someone if your troops can't find that country's border. You guys better learn to read a map.

What's more, the videos show equipment returning from Iraq heading for a storage facility, not a Port to be loaded on ships

Lastly, how many posters live near major US Airforce bases? How many C-17's do you see winging towards forward deployment bases? None. (Yes, I live near one)

So, no US ships are being loaded, no equipment is being rapidly deployed and all equipment is being returned to storage facilities.

Nothing to see here folks, move along..
edit on 29-1-2012 by averageGuy505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You are OK with that? How could you possibly be OK with that?

Raised my hand, said I would. Simple. I serve, because I love my country. Why else, pay is low?

"Theirs not to reason why, / Theirs but to do and die",

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by averageGuy505

Those Islands were already used in 2003 Genius! Maybe you should learn to read a book

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
100000 troops on Islands,when they could have had them in Iraq,is strategic nightmare,a waste of resources,and above all NOT plausible.

Im still waiting for the proof of 12000 troops in route for Libya!

Lets not forget the Russain fleet in Syria, the 500 US war ships to Costa Rica, the massive US military force sent Israel, now 50K men to a couple of out of the way islands along with those 12K men to Libyia and the nearly weekly report of massive US forces setting up to put everybody in FEMA camps in random state USA. I swear ATS has a fetish for any deloyment no matter how bad the source is.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I am wondering if it might be possible that all of the arms US sold to Saudi are actually a way of US storing arms to use a little later ??...If Saudi wants to finance the operation because US is broke I think that could happen ...Just my opinion .We could speculate all of the ifs ,ands,we can imagine. In the end we have a but, that they may not be telling us .there is a reason for them doing this and I am sure we have no idea what that operation is. .peace

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by lonegurkha

Yeah it's just like the change he promised . He just never said that the change would be for the worst.

The troops are coming home. It's just that home is on these two islands.

It is very much the change he promised. He promised a change Americans can believe in.

When he pulled the troops out of Iraq, no Americans believed it was permanent and believed it was intended only to redeploy them somewhere else. They got it.

Ron Paul promises to close all foreign bases and bring all troops home. Few believe him.

Why is Obama's promise a lie?
[edit by]edit on 29-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

It's a lie because the implication of the promise was that things would get better not worse. Don't go all Ron Paul on me. He's still a politician. And by definition a liar. In fact isn't he a laywer to. If you still trust lawyers and politicians then you must be very young. I don't mean to be insulting ,but really?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

They fly in from the US naval base of Diego Garcia, one of America's biggest military facilities

It's actually a British base, which US forces during the Cold war paid for the use of in an agreement that will expire in 2014.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
All this pressure on Iran is intended to do one thing. Raise oil prices. Which is in the best interest of Iran, as well as the best interest of the Western banks which have majority ownership of the oil companies. US is not going to attack Iran in any major way, might drop a few bombs just to get the oil prices up.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by FoosM

You are OK with that? How could you possibly be OK with that?

Raised my hand, said I would. Simple. I serve, because I love my country. Why else, pay is low?

"Theirs not to reason why, / Theirs but to do and die",

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

Your country is a concept in your mind.
What do you actually love? What are you trying to protect?
Probably your family and friends.
Your way of life.
Your own life.
Practically everyone on else on this planet feels the same way.

So why would you participate in an action to destroy and take
of others what you hold so dearly in your own heart?

I would rather go to prison than to participate in an illegal war.
War is nothing more than a creative way to murder and steal.

And I know you know, action against Iran, and any other nation
that has not attacked your land, is wrong.

Its about time high time persons in the US military, Ron Paul supporters, start resigning their commissions, and not participate en masse against these aggressions that are leading to a global conflict and mass death and destruction.

Reminder... world war 2 killed over 60 million people.
How many you think WW3 will kill?

Are you ready to sacrifice your friends and family?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
All this pressure on Iran is intended to do one thing. Raise oil prices. Which is in the best interest of Iran,

How? Don't they have to buy it back refined? This doesn't help them in the slightest.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Obama should wear pearl handled six shooters ala General George S. Patton.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
In Vietnam, weapons rusted.

In the deserts, weapons don't rust.

We're in it for the long haul.

Relax....enjoy...... the rubber band wind-up automobile is coming.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by Hellas

The camo of the vehicles of the train is unsuitable for the desert terrain around the persian gulf.

Excellent observation, I gave you a star. Not that they couldn't be re-painted assembly line style in a staging area, but you made a keen observation. I used to live in SW Missouri, and before we invaded Iraq ( the second time ), I would see long lines of helicopters flying due South at sunrise, and at sunset, two times a day for quite a while.

Iran will be about an air war. Don't look for boots on the ground there. Drones, cruise missles, heavy ordinace, yes. Special Forces will be used selectively, but a ground war in Iran is not very realistic. IMHO.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

It's a lie because the implication of the promise was that things would get better not worse.

If you read that implication you must be extremely young. If you merely hoped for it, it is your fault

Don't go all Ron Paul on me. He's still a politician. And by definition a liar. In fact isn't he a laywer to. If you still trust lawyers and politicians then you must be very young. I don't mean to be insulting ,but really?

Ron Paul isn't a lawyer, he is a medical doctor by profession. Obama is a lawyer. I am not asking you to trust anyone, including Ron Paul. By your own logic anyone who trusted Obama, a lawyer and politician, must be a lot more naive than being very young. Anyway if no politician is to be trusted, why the gripe specially about Obama. Do you expect someone other than a politician to become the President of US?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Doing the right thing, is seldom the easiest thing.

I will choose to do the right thing, at the proper time.

They don't usually have me killing people, mostly I fix the electronics on the ship. Although in 2009 I was activated to go to Camp Buca and guard prisoners. They changed their mind and I had already traveled to my activation base, they decided to close camp Buca and they sent me home. So not sure what a great guard I would be, mostly good at things like fixing the radar...

The military make up about 2% of the population of the US.

We do not get to vote on whether we go to war or not. Civilians control that issue.

So what I am saying is we need to put a civilian in charge, in the white house, who will not perpetuate the wars.

But I would not refuse to go. I'll go, no problem.

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Actually the founding fathers envisioned citizens serving then going back to private life. They never figured on career politicians.

Just FYI I'm 57 I no longer have any faith in the political system. Please see the following.

thread

thread

thread

thread

I didn't like any of the candidates in the last election and i don't like any of the candidates in this one. None of them deserve my support and none of them will get it.
edit on 1/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: Edit to add

edit on 1/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

Just to give you a small perspective I recommend you read this thread and the links that it provides.
Treason by Design
edit on 1/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Originally posted by Raelsatu
So, where are the Obamabot apologist? With all the recent Obama support we've been seeing on ATS, I'd like to hear why exactly any of you supporters really think he's better than Bush. Many of you will rationalize a vote for him by saying at least he props up a welfare state. Is living in a welfare state really that good when you're on the verge of another world war that will most likely, completely destroy America; possibly even the world? Nuclear holocaust anyone?

People care more about Ron Paul's badly managed newsletters than mass murder, more wars, & a potential man-made extinction event. So really, explain to me HOW you can still rationalize a vote for this elitist-puppet psychopath?

I hope Obama finds better solutions than Bush who said "God told me to attack".

OK , Obana.

Let us hear what God is saying right now :

But one question :

Which god is that exactly ?

You mean the spirit in the Obelisk ?

BTW , It is time now to see how the constant policies of USA are dictated by the lobby.

The Zionist lobby.

Zionism has completely hijacked America. And you can't say a word about it.

I wouldn't call the "Ancient Mysteries religion" Zionism really, although the label is convenient.

Babylon Mystery Religion

"Among the ancient nations, not only were statues of the gods and goddesses in human form made, other objects with a hidden or mystery meaning such as obelisks, were a part of heathen worship.

"Diodorus spoke of an obelisk 130 feet high that was erected by queen Semiramis in Babylon. The Bible mentions an obelisk-type image approximately nine feet in breadth and ninety feet high: 'The people…fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up' in Babylon (Dan. 3:1-7) But it was in Egypt (an early stronghold of the mystery religion) that the use of the obelisk was best known. Many of these obelisks are still in Egypt, but some have been removed to other nations -- one is in Central Park in New York, another in London, while others were transported to Rome…

"Placing an obelisk at the entrance of a heathen temple was, apparently, not an uncommon practice at the time. One stood at the entrance of the temple of and another in front of the temple of Hathor, the 'abode of Horus' (Tammuz).

"Interestingly enough, there is also an obelisk at the entrance of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome… It is not a mere copy of an Egyptian obelisk, it is the very same obelisk that stood in Egypt in ancient times! When the mystery religion came to Rome in pagan days, not only were obelisks made and erected at Rome, but obelisks of Egypt -- at great expense -- were hauled there and erected by the emperors. Caligula, in 37-41 A.D., had the obelisk now at the Vatican brought from Heliopolis, Egypt, to the circus on the Vatican Hill, where now stands St. Peter's. Heliopolis is but the Greek name of Bethshemesh, which was the center of Egyptian sun worship in olden days. In the Old Testament, these obelisks that stood there are mentioned as the 'images of Bethshemesh' (Jer. 43:13)!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Yes.

Ancient historical idol worshiping hijacking Religion.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Also to me why did you even post that video? it was irrelevant to the article you didnt have to show it just show the article that is all im saying

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join