It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LAX FEMA Rendition Site Confirmed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Paranoia for the win... Seriously, research before believing what Alex jones tells you to belive.

LAX Master Plan
From the master plan website for LAX expansion -

Here is google Earth view with highlights I made. The area is on the North side of the main runways and runs the entire length and then some of the origional airport property.

Even the latest images from Google Earth support the expansion explanation. What the hell is Alex jones smoking? What the hell are people taking that they would beleive him?

Also from the same site as the aove picture -
LAX Master Construction Planning list
LAX Expansion 2012
LA Times archive - LAX expansion

So I could see how fences placed in the construction area to keep people out, large buildings for storage, heavy machinery and odd work hours could get some to think they are building a concentration camp.

/end sarcasm

ETA - For those who still think FEMA has camps all over the place, please refer to this -
US Immigration and Customs - Detention Centers by State / Region / Individual site name
edit on 28-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Alex Jones has made a career out of scaring the bejesus out of ordinary people.

Personally, he's done more harm than good with this method.

I would much rather listen to Jesse Ventura.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Martial law? Really?

Why bother when you're living under a state of national emergency and can (legally) do whatever you want ?
It's been that way since (wanna guess?) ...drum roll please.....9/11/2001 and quietly renewed every 2 years since.
Why declare martial law and tip everyone off?

War is the art of deception.
Question is who has been more deceitful - Alex Jones or the Government and the MSM?
Trust who you will, it's only your lives and freedom at stake.
I suggest you choose carefully.

Those of you too young to remember what America was like before 9/11 I can assure you we were a different Nation. So many freedoms lost in 11 years is not an accident and is certainly not how to defend "freedom" from any kind of terrorist threat.

They didn't pass the NDAA to help the average American, rest assured of that.

The united states has been declared in a state of national emergency more times than at has ever been undeclared. The government has been under "national emergency" since the 1930's. In the 80's (i believe it was) the government had to undeclare ALL previous states of national emergency, as there were to many to individually name. That however only lasted a measly 3 years. The point is that a "state of national emergency" has been what everyone that lives in America today is used to living in. What happened after 9/11 was the result of the government inflicting terrorism upon its own people and fear-mongering them into wanting this "safety net" built around them. Not the result of a state of national emergency. However with that being said when there is a state of national emergency the president is granted some 4000 extra rights and powers. Included in this power is the right to promote any US citizen to any ranking position in the army, as well as force conscription. With that being said the US has been a locked an loaded gun ready to fire for many years now. Lets see which idiot will set it off

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

You really need to learn and underastand US history before making some of the claims you do. Flag level officers are approved by Congress, not the President.

There has not been more states of national emergency than can be remebered. What we have had are declarations of Emergency when natural disasters occur and the response needed outweighs the ability of the locality / city / county / state that is affected.

Some other falacies people belive - Contrary to popular belief -
Posse Commitatus is still in effect and was not removed by President Bush.
Posse Commitatus does NOT apply to State guard units as they answer directly to their commander in chief, which is the Govenor of the State.
The President cannot arbitrarily Federalize State Units. They have to meet certain criteria and even then the Govenor must agree to it. This is why we had 2 chains of military command during Katrina. The Govenor refused to allow her units to be placed under federal control.

FEMA delpoyment -
FEMA cannot declare martial law nor suspend the constitution.
FEMA cannot activate itself.
FEMA cannot respond to a State / local disaster on its own authority
FEMA does NOt have FEMA camps. HR 645, which was put forth and died in committee in 2009, was the end.

A state of emergency must be declared at the local level.
A state of Emergency can then be declared at the State level.
The Govenor of the state MUST request the President declared a federal disaster / state of emergency.
IF the President does, then FEMA interfaces with SEMA. SEMA gives FEMA a wishlist and FEMA, which is an UMBRELLA front representing 22 federal agencies, finds the needed items and delviers them to SEMA, who is then responsible for distribution of those items to needed locations.

If the President doesnt authorize, then FEMA CANNOT act. The states can directly appeal FEMA to doa secondary review, who then give a recommendation to the President to reconsider.

I can keep going but I dont want to completely derail this thread. People really need to learn how their government works instead of just beleiving any conspiracy theiry that comes along.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm a bit confused:

Seriously, research before believing what Alex jones tells you to belive.

Did you reply to the correct person? I am adamantly opposed to the fear-mongering diatribes spewed by people like Alex Jones. I see him as what Glenn Beck is attempting to become (but failing....so, some small comfort there, at least).

If you are this familiar with LAX then why did the expansion and ongoing construction, as well as the purchasing of property to the North and west of LAX, slip your mind?

Your links belie this, to a partial extent. The last link at the bottom of the post goes to some VERY old news items....back to 1999 and 2000, from what I saw.

The photo and the red-bordered area of North expansion is indicating what I think is the plan to add one more parallel Runway to the two already in the North Complex.....if done, then they would be designated "24L/6R", "24C/6C", and "24R/6L" ( the last being the 'new' one, and the old "24R/6L" would be re-designated as the "center".....which is what the 'C' stands for. Just as the 'L' and the 'R' stand for 'Left' and 'Right', respectively).

AS TO expansion "west" of the Airport?? It is bordered to the west by Pershing Drive, and further west are the cliffs, then the beach......it is not suitable land for construction. [***] I think the reference to "west expansion" is about the International Terminal, as I mentioned previously. It is dubbed the "Bradley" Terminal, named after a former Mayor of Los Angeles, Tom Bradley.

_________________________________________________________________________________
[***] Saw your edit:

So I could see how fences placed in the construction area to keep people out, large buildings for storage, heavy machinery and odd work hours could get some to think they are building a concentration camp.

/end sarcasm

And, the added red diagramming to the west. Unless I missed something, there is no need to expand westward.....IF you were here and saw the terrain, you would understand why. One thing, from years ago, that was a "concern" were the hills and sand dunes off the ends of Runways 25L and 25R....as part of what is called "second segment performance" when calculating takeoff parameters and obstacle clearance standards.........but much less of an issue to bother, nowadays, with modern airliners that have an abundance of power, compared to the 1960s era.

________________________________________________________________________________

Also, some employee parking is part of the newest construction project. Keep in mind that when you look at the maps of LAX, especially there on the street called "World Wat West", that goes to a lot of employee-only areas.

Look at the very western end of the Airport, near the approach end of Runway 7L.....World Way West has that looping connection ramp to Pershing Drive. When you drive in on World Way West, on your right is the old Continental Airlines hangar....you can see it there. In that photo, two airplanes are parked nearby....a B-767-400 and a B-737-800. That parking lot is for the employees there......you can see adjacent buildings attached to the large hangar......THAT was the old headquarters for Continental, back in the day....the 1960s and 1970s....into the early 1980s, before the first bankruptcy, and move to Houston as the next corporate headquarters. (Of course, now there is the United merger taking place, so who knows what will become of those assets at LAX?).

Moving Eastward from there, the next big hangar and parking ramp area belongs to American Airlines. Then, we are nearing the airport terminal area. Other facilities, still moving westward.....(past the Terminals)....is where the old Western Airlines (now absorbed by Delta) were....and the primary United Airlines maintenance facilities in LAX. Lastly are sundry cargo facilities, which are also located well South of Runway 25L/7R as well, along the Imperial Highway.......

edit on Sat 28 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I replied to you but was aiming my response at someone else so my appologies. I also failed to completely read your entire post, which again is my fault and again my appologies. These topics just torque me off to no end.

As far as the west expansion im referring to the old roads that used to have houses on the West side that are no longer there. My point behind pointing that all out was to reinforce that there is massive construction going on, and to just highlight one area and claim they are FEMA camps is just insane (not you, the op and a few others).

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by 1825114

They are not being used as prisons. In Florida they are used as homeless shelters.

But by all means prove me wrong and post your pictures and source showing the stadiums in the US being used as prisons.

I never said the ones in the US are being used right now as prisons.

The ones that I know of being used right now are in syria and libya. (kind of like when the largest stadium in chile[among a bunch of others] was turned into a prison when the US forced in a dictator in the 70s. It processed something like 80,000 people in around a month)

Football stadiums being used as prisons after mass arrests follow weekend of government violence in Syria

Men suspected of being mercenaries for Moammar Gadhafi, are held in a district sports center next to the medina, set up as provisory jail in Tripoli, Libya

In america

In that thread I link to video where you can watch an old japanese man who was in one of our japanese camps during WW2. He talks about how they were rounded up and says;

"They didn't have the facilities to house 120,000 persons, so they took over racetracks, fairgrounds, places like that..."

portion of japanese internment camps in america...

"Assembly Centers"
Temporary camps used from late March, 1942 until mid-October, 1942, when prisoners were moved to the ten more permanent detention camps called Relocation Centers. Unless noted otherwise below, these sites were either large fairgrounds or race tracks.

Fresno, CA
First inmate arrival May 6, 1942. Last inmate departure October 30, 1942. Peak population 5120.5

Manzanar, CA
First inmate arrival March 21, 1942. Peak population (before June 1, 1942) 9666. Before it was leased from the City of Los Angeles, Manzanar used to be ranch and farm land until it reverted to desert conditions. Manzanar was transfered from the WCCA to WRA on June 1, 1942, and converted into a "relocation camp."

Marysville, CA
First inmate arrival May 8, 1942. Last inmate departure June 29, 1942. Peak population 2451.

Mayer, AZ
First inmate arrival May 7, 1942. Last inmate departure June 2, 1942. Peak population 245. Mayer was a camp abaondoned by the Civilian Conservation Corp.

Merced, CA
First inmate arrival May 6, 1942. Last inmate departure September 15, 1942. Peak population 4508.

Pinedale, CA
First inmate arrival May 7, 1942. Last inmate departure July 23, 1942. Peak population 4792. Pinedale was the previous site of a mill.

Pomona, CA
First inmate arrival May 7, 1942. Last inmate departure August 24, 1942. Peak population 5434.

Portland, OR
First inmate arrival May 2, 1942. Last inmate departure September 10, 1942. Peak population 3676. Portland used the Pacific International Live Stock Exposition Facilities to hold detainees.

Puyallup, WA
First inmate arrival April 28, 1942. Last inmate departure September 12, 1942. Peak population 7390.

Sacramento, CA
First inmate arrival May 6, 1942. Last inmate departure June 26, 1942. Peak population 4739. Sacramento used a former migrant camp.

Salinas, CA
First inmate arrival April 27, 1942. Last inmate departure July 4, 1942. Peak population 3594.

Santa Anita, CA
First inmate arrival March 27, 1942. Last inmate departure October 27, 1942. Peak population 18,719.

Stockton, CA
First inmate arrival May 10, 1942. Last inmate departure October 17, 1942. Peak population 4271.

Tanforan, CA
First inmate arrival April 28, 1942. Last inmate departure October 13, 1942. Peak population 7816.

Tulare, CA
First inmate arrival April 20, 1942. Last inmate departure September 4, 1942. Peak population 4978.

Turlock, CA
First inmate arrival April 30, 1942. Last inmate departure August 12, 1942. Peak population 3662.

from wikipedia

There were three types of camps. (1)Civilian Assembly Centers were temporary camps, frequently located at horse tracks, where the Nisei were sent as they were removed from their communities. Eventually, most were sent to (2)Relocation Centers, also known as internment camps. (3)Detention camps housed Nikkei considered to be disruptive or of special interest to the government.

Civilian Assembly Centers

Arcadia, California (Santa Anita Racetrack, stables)
Fresno, California (Big Fresno Fairgrounds, racetrack, stables)
Merced, California (county fairgrounds)
Pomona, California (Los Angeles County Fairgrounds, racetrack, stables)
Puyallup, Washington (fairgrounds racetrack stables, Informally known as "Camp Harmony")
Salinas, California (fairgrounds, racetrack, stables)
San Bruno, California (Tanforan racetrack, stables)
Stockton, California (San Joaquin County Fairgrounds, racetrack, stables)
Tulare, California (fairgrounds, racetrack, stables)
Turlock, California (Stanislaus County Fairgrounds)
en.wikipedia.org...

You can find pictures of some of them online, but the one in santa anita dominates the search results.

Why do you think we used racetracks, fairgrounds, and parks, and what are their equivalent today? Why do you think peoplel are using them right now? How do our requirements for them back then compare to modern BS security/logistics requests and creepy laws?
edit on 28-1-2012 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
I never said the ones in the US are being used right now as prisons.

Do you always make a beeping sound when you back up like that?

The ones that I know of being used right now are in syria and libya. (kind of like when the largest stadium in chile[among a bunch of others] was turned into a prison when the US installed a dictator in 1973. It processed something like 80,000 people in around a month)
Football stadiums being used as prisons after mass arrests follow weekend of government violence in Syria

Yet you passed it off as being done in the Us until you got called out on it, then changed your position.

In america

In that thread I link to video where you can watch an old japanese man who was in one of our japanese camps during WW2. He talks about how they were rounded up and says;

"They didn't have the facilities to house 120,000 persons, so they took over racetracks, fairgrounds, places like that..."

partial list of japanese internment camps in america, just from wikipedia...

There were three types of camps. Civilian Assembly Centers were temporary camps, frequently located at horse tracks, where the Nisei were sent as they were removed from their communities. Eventually, most were sent to Relocation Centers, also known as internment camps. Detention camps housed Nikkei considered to be disruptive or of special interest to the government.

Yup Japanese internment camps because of questions on loyalty, which was just a bad move all around looking at it in hindsight. However, at the time it made sense. Secondly, they came nowhere close to what we saw in Nazi controlled Europe or the Pacific theatre. Since that occured in the 40's, please link how that example plays into this entire topic, which is the claim that FEMA camps are being built at LAX.

Why do you think we used racetracks, fairgrounds, and parks, and what are their equivalent today? Why do you think peoplel are using them right now? How do our requirements for them back then compare to modern BS security/logistics requests and creepy laws?

Because since then there is case law from the Supreme Court that says never again. If we use history as our guide we can see the treatment from the 40's has no place in todays United States.

Now that you have tried to shift the conversation, how about you go back and support the main article and show us where the camps are located in the US? Explain to us where the FEMA camp is on LAX property.

Please try to stick to the topic instead of trying to drag in other topics as a cover for being wrong in several of your earlier posts. That gets annoying.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'm not "backing up" on anything and I'm not getting "called out" on anything. You're acting like a crazy person.

Consider the possibility that you're not exactly comprehending the way I've written my posts, because I've made it pretty damned clear that I don't think there are prison camp stadiums operating right now in the US.

Try again.

Please try to stick to the topic instead of trying to drag in other topics as a cover for being wrong in several of your earlier posts. That gets annoying.

You're the one pressing the issue, and if I "knew I was wrong" in my older posts, why would I keep trying to link people to them?

"debunkers" get annoying

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Yeah.....

As far as the west expansion im referring to the old roads that used to have houses on the West side that are no longer there.

The area there was "primo" beach front property back before the advent of that thing with all the noisy machines that thundered overhead! (lol)

The coming of the "Jet Age" and the expansion of LAX caused the "property values" there in El Segundo to plummet. This was well before the more modern whinging of "NIMBY" (Not In My BackYard) came into vogue.

If the Airport Authority wishes to actually utilize that acreage (and I really do not know who owns it, at this point??) there will need to be a lot of fill and build-up....not to mention, some way Pershing Drive will have to be addressed...moved, tunneled, whatever....but since the Runways are plenty long enough, seems an impractical benefit at this point.

Of course, in a "conspiracy" mindset.....all that real estate, where houses existed in the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s and even 1950s....well, if "annexed" by FEMA?? LOL.....start more conspiracy rumors, we could very easily!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Right.. since your the OP and followed up the main post with what I quoted below, im the one off base? You're the one whoposted the info then made the claims that the camp is present at LAX, and then defended Alex Jones.

As I stated before, do you make a beeping sounds when you back up like that?

Guaranteed the majority of the responses this will get will be about how people don't like alex jones.
NOBODY cares what you think of him or his websites, look at what he's covering.

The videos include clips showing mainstream news sources covering similar facilities and admitting that they're to hold prisoners, so if you deny that they exist, YOU'RE the crazy person.

The pictures of the one at LAX are towards the middle/end of the first video.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Just realized I'm feeding the troll.

This is the same genius who says alex jones is misrepresenting the dates of a facility in the video when the second sentence of his report/this thread mentions the date...

How many pages do you think this guy could keep this stuff up if we keep arguing his made up issues??

Do other people think I meant that prison camps were in action in america right now? This is ridiculous...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Could you clarify this?:

.....who says alex jones is misrepresenting the dates of a facility in the video when the second sentence of his report/this thread mentions the date...

Specifics please.

It is very common on these sorts of discussion boards to miscommunicate and misunderstand....it's one thing (of many) I've learned over the years.

I personally have pointed out, from watching the very videos that were part of this thread OP, the inconsistencies in Alex Jones' comments and assertions.

Where have I been wrong?

Edit to add....besides being wrong about the Democratic versus Republican Convention, in Manhattan, in 2004....which I acknowledged and explained above....

My question is to the points raised specifically about the Alex Jones claims, in the videos.

One more addition....though not the topic of this particular thread, it (this thread) may have been spurred and encouraged by a recent "ATS Viral Video" of note. Not to knock the content of that contribution, but....well, the thread that discusses that video speaks for itself:

The Truth is Viral - FEMA Camps

ALL should review that, and judge appropriately. This is a welcome contribution from ATS member OldCorp.

A side note.....this ATS member is still a Human being, and despite any controversy surrounding this contribution, it should be noted that he has recently suffered a devastating personal loss, and all respect and compassion should be afforded him.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

there is NO main stream news media confirming rendition FEMA sites. What he was talking about was the LAPD and military joint ops program from a few days ago. What he conviently left out was the fact this has been occuring since like 10+ years, and has taken place all over the country, most recently in LA, Miami and Boston.

After 10 years you would think Martial Law would be present but hear we are, destroying your arguments and Alex Jones worship complex.. You get called out, then you pull a typical alex jones, target the person not agreeing and instead of countering with facts to support your arguments and to prove mine wrong, you lauinch personal attacks in hopes of distracting others.

Your post is a sham...
Alex Jones is a sham...

The only troll in this thread would be you and the garbage you posted and believe out of paranoia. You stated if anyone doesnt beleive the video then we are crazy.. Yet another tactic to scare people.

again, back up the claims you and alex jones made, or simply move on.. Its your choice. I will state that as long as topics like this pop up, I will be in the threads countering the paranoia with real facts.

REcap - What did Alex Jones do?
Invoked rendition / FEMA Camps
Invoked the recent training between LAPD and the Military (which he ignored the # of times its occured).
Invoked being hooded and kidnapped.
Invoked Senators saying they want Americans to be scared.
Invoked the NDAA...

Yup.. no fearmongering there...

Funny enough he NOT ONCE referenced where his info is coming from, other than an unamed limo driver whose entire FEMA argument at LAX is..... wait for it....

A fence with the barb wire shifted inwards instead of outwards.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
ah, a professional.

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by 1825114

The Wiki source makes my case for me, brilliantly!!

The "Pier 57" incident occurred in....>drum roll please

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Pier 57 - New York City
2003 - used as a city bus garage.
2004 - Used to temporarily hold up to 1800 people who were arraested during the RNC convention.

Future - Since 2004, the pier has been completely disused. Proposals for future usage have included an extension of the Chelsea Piers sports complex or Leonardo at Pier 57, an Italian cultural center operated by Cipriani S.A.. [5]

So lets see - Pier 57 used appropriately to hold and treat people during the RNC convention. No one had hoods placed over their heads and no one was kidnapped. So again Pier 57 was being blown out of proprtion by Alex Jones, and he portrayed it as something it is not. He conviently left out the fact it was closed down and bought by a development company. - I wonder why?

Robert Mueller Airport Facility
Up until 1999 - In use until it was replaced by the Austin Bergstrom International Airport.

Since 1999 - The 711-acre (288 ha) area that once housed the airport sat dormant for more than half a decade until the city finally approved a planned urban development. The new Mueller Community broke ground in 2007, and is expected to take at least ten years to be fully developed.

The only military activity present - For a number of years, the Texas Army National Guard had facilities there.

Again portrayed as a mass detention facility when all the evidence and information available says otherwise. Again he passed it off as something its not, nor has ever been. Again he failed to update the people that the site was bought by private developers and also failed to mention the Army National Guard used it.

Why? - So he could claim the military took over a civilian airport to be used for mass detentions.

What part of the term misleading and fearmongering do you not understand? Its all Alex Jones does.

Pronunciation: /ˈfɪəmʌŋgərɪŋ/

noun
[mass noun]
the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue: his campaign for re-election was based on fearmongering and deception

Derivatives

fearmonger
noun

Jones never said the LA exercises were the proof of the rendition hub, and he definitely acknowledges that the exercise have been going on for a long time, he said the previous media coverage of extremely similar facilities [which were also called "conspiracy fodder"] were the proof.

You're making that link so you can have another "score on the board" against his "failed predictions"

Your first video, starting about 01:30 highlights the LA actions, then goes into his hastily put together report of the pier 57, where he completely misrepresents what it was used for, then goes into his Mueller field deal about it being used for potentional civil unrest with huge hangors with cots and chains bolted to the floor, all the while his reporter compares the locations to rendition hub sites, which they arent. He talks about the Limo driver for the LAx part, where he says the Limo driver has seen sites in other states and all the facilities are identical / close.

Im sorry.. maybe you can explain to us what he meant to portray to the people by making all those connections?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

In response to your 'serious question for all', it is probably a lot easier than you think. Context is everything. Martial Law, if blithely declared tomorrow, would obviously be resisted with force. Because there would be no perceived justification. So, whomever is instigating this hypothetical scenario would need to create that justification, obviously taking the form of some outside attack, either manmade or natural. This could take so many different forms it would be useless to even speculate, but the point is, there are people smart enough that, if they really wanted to, they could probably pull it off. The WTC attacks are a perfect example of how intelligence agencies have improved their methods of information management.

I don't generally subscribe to these kinds of theories, but i thought that you were inaccurately portraying the logistics of this scenario so felt obligated to respond.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I work in the law enforcement field and it never ceases to amaze me just how paranoid people can get over the slightest misperceptions. My point is, in order to pull of what people hide in their basements and arm themselves for would require an absolutely flawless plan that would require the full participation of every single level of government at the fed, state, local city, count levels, in addition to all law enforcement and military.

Even then they cant honestly expect that the people who arent in any of those groups will go along with it, let alone getting 100% compliance out of the agencies required to pull it off.

We saw what happened when Obama decided to side step congress for recess appointments. Our own government cant get it together to bring an up or down vote on nominees, let alone pull together for martial law and to pull the wool over the peoples eyes.

I wont say it wouldn't ever be tried. I will say that any attempt would fail very quickly and would be the fastest way to bring the people together above politics.

I have no issues standing the line between the people and the government. If push comes to shove though, I will have the backs of those I serve, which are the people.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Pier 57 - New York City
2003 - used as a city bus garage.
2004 - Used to temporarily hold up to 1800 people who were arraested during the RNC convention.

Future - Since 2004, the pier has been completely disused. Proposals for future usage have included an extension of the Chelsea Piers sports complex or Leonardo at Pier 57, an Italian cultural center operated by Cipriani S.A.. [5]

So lets see - Pier 57 used appropriately to hold and treat people during the RNC convention. No one had hoods placed over their heads and no one was kidnapped.

The second sentence of this thread established it was 2004, you're the one who called it into question in the first place by acting like somebody was hiding the fact that it happened in 2004. Insanity, or deliberate? There's no need to point it out to me over and over. this conversation has zero reason for taking place aside from sidetracking the thread.

You're misrepresenting the facts by saying that all the people who got co2 poisoning and other chemical illnesses were treated properly, and by acting like the violent arrest of peaceful protestors (old people, young girls included) "isn't kidnapping," and you're making stuff up about me "backpedaling..." I'm seriously being internet attacked by a forum troll.

The only military activity present - For a number of years, the Texas Army National Guard had facilities there.

Again portrayed as a mass detention facility when all the evidence and information available says otherwise.

Which is exactly what I've been saying. What military activity has occurred at all of the sports facilities I link in that thread aside from that of the national guards connected to them? That's almost the whole point of my thread, that there's military activity at a places that have been historically used by the military to hold people.

Pier 57 is portrayed as a prison facility because that's exactly what it was used for. It detained a mass of people. It doesn't matter if it's only happened once, it still happened... and you're acting like that proves that it can't happen?

Seriously people...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You're misrepresenting the facts by saying that all the people who got co2 poisoning and other chemical illnesses were treated properly, and by acting like the violent arrest of peaceful protestor (old people, young girls included) "isn't kidnapping."

Every single person who entered pier 57 received medical treatment. The protests were NOT peaceful, as had they been there would not have been over 1800 arrests, but by all emans keep buying into AJ propoganda. A lawful arrest is just that, lawful, until a court of law rules otherwise. I say this so you can understand what an actual arrest is and what it is not - kidnapping. The court records from that time period back up my facts. Feel ftree to research them.

People are NOT arrested for protesting by the way. they are arrested for violating the rights of other people, property damage, breaching police barricades and failing to follow lawful commands to clear certain areas they arent suppose to be in.

Is it really to much to ask for you to learn the law before criticising it?

Which is exactly what I've been saying. What military activity has occurred at all of the sports facilities I link in that thread aside from that of the national guards connected to them? That's almost the whole point of my thread, that there's military activity at a places that have been historically used by the military to hold people.

Uhm, again, no they have not. Gee, temporary facilities for the Texas Army National Guard... Why on earht would they have chain tie downs in hangers and what on earth would they have cots in there for? Maybe to tie down helicopters and aircraft they use, as the FAA requires of all civilian and military fields? Maybe the cots were used to house overflow / visiting units training in the region, since Texas is close to the border and has quite a few military training facilities present.

this was also during the time of base closing and consolodations, byut why bother to take that into account when it doesnt support the martial law governments going to get you line?

Pier 57 is portrayed as a prison facility because that's exactly what it was used for. It doesn't matter if it's only happened once, it still happened... and you're acting like that proves that it can't happen?

Seriously people...

And again you wold be 100% WRONG. Again learn the difference between detention, jail and prison.

Detention are where people are cited, processed and then relased, as the people were at pier 57. A jail is a county / state facility where people are imprisoned up to a year, and a prison is where people who are sentenced to longer than one year are placed.

Pier 57 was used as an overflow detention site, and the people detained were issued citations, recevied medical treatment and were released. Had it been a "prison facility / martial law site / hub" the people never would have been cited with a crime because it would mean they have already been through the process, charged, tried and convicted and sentenced, which they werent.

As I said, facts are a wonderful thing, and Alex Jones and you need to learn what they are before presenting something that its not in order to get people scared.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join