It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious rumbling creates cloud of fear across Vancouver Island

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard

Originally posted by stirling
The noise was hardly over all vancouver island....
I live 100 mi north in nanaimo and it wasnt heard here.....
The island runs for hundreds of miles, its a huge piece of rock.....
probably the size of G Britain.....
The noise has also been heard in northern washington which is only 20 miles from victoria across the strait.
Further north than that we havent heard anything yet........

Vancouver island is just over 1/10th the size of Great Britain
what the hell are you smoking?

I think he means England - and yes, Vancouver Island is just a little smaller than England...

but with a far smaller population. It's one big island.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

iT'S THE POWER OF SUGGESTION !

and nothing less. News anchors

edit on 27-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Blast welding or explosive bonding in washington, (across the straight) caused the shaking and rumbling.

www.globaltvbc.com.../video

Not super biblical.

Interesting, but I don't buy it. It's a long way from Sooke to the Olympic Peninsula, too far to feel a couple of localized blasts. Plus, these were reported as lasting 3-8 seconds - which doesn't fit with a simple blast I would think.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
I have heard on several sources linked to the "rumblings" and earth shaking are not seismic activity. So, I am confused, seismic to me means earth tremors, shaking or movement. Thus, the explanation that some equipment is giving false readings due to “shaking” or “rumbling” or “movement” from traffic flow near the equipment. So how is this shaking and rumbling which is felt by people from the ground, and registered by objects shaking NOT being registered by seismology? My little brain is confused. I hope someone who is more learned, preferably the experts here on the Fragile Earth forum can answer this.

I would imagine an airborne sound - if it is the culprit - could shake buildings, but would NOT be registered on seismology detection equipment. Anyone with expertise in seismological issues have any thoughts here?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

those eggs are very good to eat, with the right ingredients, you have a delicious dinner...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by predator0187

It could only have been an aerial event if it was so sporadic and avoided earthquake detection.

I'm honestly thinking some super rare electric shock through the EM field. We're having higher solar storms now, right?

I was thinking the same thing.

Aren't we (earth/solar system) supposedly travelling through an area of space called 'interstellar fluff cloud' link

This cloud of highly magnetized particles would have to affect our earth. If this were causing reactions deep inside the earth, could this explain the lack of seismic activity on the surface? (Though I fear if this is the case its only a matter of time before these effects are apparent there also)

Also, has anyone noticed/heard how animals in zoos (particularly elephants) are reacting to these sounds?

Strange times indeed....
edit on 27-1-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SieMa
I have been following these "Strange sounds" etc..For a while now and their is no doubt that some are infact REAL rather being hoaxed. Anyway's the truth is earthquakes can be caused due to us "humans" as well as the natural beauty of the earth its self. In the video it show's the guys blowing stuff up with dynamite.

This doesn't have to cause an earthquake but instead it can cause a Seismic Wave, here let me explain....

Seismic waves are waves of energy that travel through the earth, and are a result of an earthquake, explosion, or a volcano that imparts low-frequency acoustic energy. Many other natural and anthropogenic sources create low amplitude waves commonly referred to as ambient vibrations. Seismic waves are studied by seismologists and geophysicists. Seismic wave fields are measured by a seismograph, geophone, hydrophone (in water), or accelerometer.

This quote was taken from Wikipedia you can read more HERE
So as you can see these 'Waves' are the results to Earthquakes which possibly means they did or did not happen before or after an earthquake. A wave could simply make the ground feel like its shaking although the earthquake did not proceed afterwards(Due to the people blowing up dynamite).

These waves are also broken down, the earth can achieve a very small "Surface Wave". The frequency's are so low that are not picked up on a "Seismic Scale" again you can read more at the Wikipedia link I have provided. This is just my guess to figure out on what the cause could be. I am by no means an expert, If this does not explain the cause than my mind and these sounds are beyond me

Interesting theory.

Problem is: there's a massive amount of ocean between Sooke and the Olympic Peninsula...how would that affect the seismic wave theory do you think? And yes, I can't help thinking this is somehow related to all these strange 'Sky Sounds" people are reporting from around the world over the last few weeks.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthwilout

Do a search right here on ATS, as several people have already posted maps of the strange sounds. I also posted a map of recent solar radiation effects on the earth's surface, which may be worth a look too.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relddap
For those of you not familair with Vancouver Island, to put it into perspective, to paddle a sea kayak around it, you are looking at about 1150 to 1200 kilometers (I've done it several times). As for the noises...pretty interesting. I watched the CTV newsclip and it seems nobody knows what it is. And the distance between Victoria and Sooke is great enough that it does not make sense to be simply a localized blast.
There is a military base in the area but I'm not sure if it is somehow involved or not... I'll be wathcing this one closely....

Exactly - Sooke and Victoria are not on top of each other.

Also, a localized blast on the Olympic Peninsular has even less chance of being felt in Sooke I would think...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well thats true, there is a training island right near Sooke, that gets blasted all the time. The local residents would certainly not mistake anything of that sort, since they hear that all the time. I lived in Sooke for almost 20 years.
It is probably either, someone with a synthesizer, on a mountain, my brother in law used to do that. I called it whale noises, he called it music.
But with a good sub woofer, and knowing how freaked out people are already about well this as a for instance...

edit on 27-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

Question for you. When did you hear these noises and make that video in Thunder Bay? I've heard some of these n oises here lately as well, just fainter than what yo umay have heard (I'm in T Bay as well).

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've been seeing these videos of strange noises for quite a while, wondering if I've witnessed them without knowing. I've tried to listen for strange sounds outside periodically, but I'm located in the Chicago area, so if there were a faint noise, I wouldn't hear it over all the sound pollution. I'm leaning towards the notion that quite a few of these videos are Faked/Becoming a meme. Its possibly viral marketing for MassEffect3, although if it were, they'd owe the Above Network so much money for not verifying with them first. The instances of large populations experiencing this noise is what peaks my interest in these happenings... Thanks for the post OP!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sooke is trailer park central. Maybe it was all those mobile homes rattling in the windstorm we had that day.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My reply from the original Victoria, B.C. thread:

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CE - what you are describing sounds like maybe what my wife heard yesterday (Tuesday, January 25th). We live in Bonney Lake, WA which is south of Seattle. Much closer to Tacoma than Seattle. Anyway, when I got home from work yesterday my wife asked me if I had heard anything about an earthquake, which I had not, and she told me that she both felt and heard a rumbling somewhat like an earthquake. Having read all of the "atmospheric noise" threads on ATS lately, I pulled up a couple of the videos and played them for her. She said that was not the sound that she felt/heard and we just kind of blew it off as maybe wind or something (lots of heavy wind yesterday around the Puget Sound region).

So today at work, I'm taking a little ATS reading break and come across your thread and my "spidey sense" gets to tingling and...well I'm just adding my little "event" to the whole thing. Just the way you describe it (other than the street cleaner thing) is so familiar to what my wife described.

For anyone not familiar with the area, my location is approximately 100 miles southeast of Victoria, BC - a very beautiful city I have visited a few times and am long overdue for another visit.
edit on 26-1-2012 by tallcool1 because: Geography lesson

OOps - Sorry CE, the street sweeper comment was made by NuminousCosmos and not you - sorry for the confusion.
edit on 26-1-2012 by tallcool1 because: Replied to the wrong person

From what I understand, the Victoria B.C./Vancouver Island "event" is not the same as the "War Of The Worlds" noises allegedly being heard around the world. This was felt and heard and was more like an earthquake. And to add more commentary to my previous comment, I was at work when my wife heard/felt this - and I work in Seattle - so I was roughly 30 miles closer to Victoria than she was and I didn't feel or hear anything. Could this perhaps mean that there were separate events happening at the same time? If so, would these events be related to each other or merely a coincidence?

Here's the other thread for reference:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-1-2012 by tallcool1 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I live in Vancouver in the lower main lands of British Columbia, i will report anything if I hear anything unusual.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

This is a very good question one I haven't researched so this is my answer. The Seismic Waves can go through pretty much all material/structure from rocks to liquid in fact waves are everywhere and they all have their reason.

So the real wave what I am talking about is a surface wave, this certain wave travels through almost anything from a stone building to liquid like water coming from a tap. The surface wave has 2 different fluids with 2 different densities, surface waves can travel around the globe many, many times from earthquakes hense the after-shocks(sounds+movement)?..They occur the same before an earthquake. The way that these waves travel are through the centre of the Earth this would mean the water would not effect the sound/movement and power of the wave.

The waves can last long enough to travel around the world many times after an earthquake so im pretty sure they are able to travel a short distance under the surface of water to create the sound effect + shakiness of the ground that everyone seems to be hearing and feeling. I am no expert soo yes my case is probably invalid but it sure is a good case

edit on 27-1-2012 by SieMa because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by SieMa because: typing error

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relddap

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Well thats true, there is a training island right near Sooke, that gets blasted all the time. The local residents would certainly not mistake anything of that sort, since they hear that all the time. I lived in Sooke for almost 20 years.
It is probably either, someone with a synthesizer, on a mountain, my brother in law used to do that. I called it whale noises, he called it music.
But with a good sub woofer, and knowing how freaked out people are already about well this as a for instance...

edit on 27-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

Question for you. When did you hear these noises and make that video in Thunder Bay? I've heard some of these n oises here lately as well, just fainter than what yo umay have heard (I'm in T Bay as well).

Oh I didn't record that, someone else did. I live in Victoria. Apparently we just got the rumbling noises, and not the screaming banshee noises of the damned that you people got in Thunder Bay.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

This video is fake, as are many of these videos including the Pas, Manitoba video, and the video with the two fellows with the orange safety vests in the Canadian forest. You hear song birds, right? Are there song birds in Canada in the middle of the winter? Somehow I doubt it. They are the same song birds you hear in the other videos I mentioned. All videos with that noise are hoaxes, and are copied from the Kiev video that surfaced a few months ago.

This video is so badly done that you can even hear when the track cuts on. Seriously people, what is the point of making this type of garbage? Does it amuse you? If so, I have to say your life is superbly boring, and you need to get out more.
edit on 27-1-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Maybe the Canucks lost a Hockey game.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Seals are not opened because the tribulation has not started yet? We're close though.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's the locust, quick call Dom.

But seriously I haven't a clue what this could be. Maybe lime stone caverns collapsing?

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join