It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious rumbling creates cloud of fear across Vancouver Island

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Perhaps it was a meteor entering the atmosphere and exploding.

At least that was my first thought.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Is not those pesky war of the worlds robots as well is it??? because those sounds (poorly) over filmed scenes are the culprit for most other "mysterious noise" videos out there are the moment!

Now where has the cat gone, and who is he copying today!???

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Dont worry its just an armada of aliens speeding our way blasting us with all the different frequency bands they used to conquer other solar systems. once they find a good disruptive frequency they will loop it to soften us up before they get here

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
The only logical conclusion is that reptilians are digging mass underground tunnels to bury their eggs.

Actually, there was a battle in space. The Anunnaki on Nibiru started to prepare for the invasion of earth but was detected by The Benevolents on the giant moon tower sensor. They contacted Admiral Ron Paul who is in command of the Excelsior - a dreadnought class carrier in earths orbit with the rest of the space fleet. We then fired a HAARP salvo to Nibiru but unfortunately was bounced off the atmosphere which was heard in Vancouver; the HAARP beam bounced several times off the atmosphere and hit another base in Iran accidentally.

Then Admiral Paul went into hyper-space and ambushed the Anunnaki that was in orbit around Nibiru - they were "wiped off the map" by the phased antimatter gauss cannons and ion cannons. The Anunnaki fleet was demolished, and Admiral Ron Paul saved the day.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Actually, there was a battle in space. The Anunnaki on Nibiru started to prepare for the invasion of earth but was detected by The Benevolents on the giant moon tower sensor. They contacted Admiral Ron Paul who is in command of the Excelsior - a dreadnought class carrier in earths orbit with the rest of the space fleet. We then fired a HAARP salvo to Nibiru but unfortunately was bounced off the atmosphere which that was heard in Vancouver; the HAARP beam bounced several times off the atmosphere and hit another base in Iran accidentally. Then Admiral Paul went into hyper-space and ambushed the Anunnaki that was in orbit around Nibiru - they were "wiped off the map" by the phased antimatter gauss cannons and ion cannons. The Anunnaki fleet was demolished, and Admiral Ron Paul saved the day.

I'm sure fox news and all the other media won't cover this. what a shame

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Blast welding or explosive bonding in washington, (across the straight) caused the shaking and rumbling.

www.globaltvbc.com.../video

Not super biblical.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It could only have been an aerial event if it was so sporadic and avoided earthquake detection.

I'm honestly thinking some super rare electric shock through the EM field. We're having higher solar storms now, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nobody knows what it is. So the logical explenation must be aliens.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have heard on several sources linked to the "rumblings" and earth shaking are not seismic activity. So, I am confused, seismic to me means earth tremors, shaking or movement. Thus, the explanation that some equipment is giving false readings due to “shaking” or “rumbling” or “movement” from traffic flow near the equipment. So how is this shaking and rumbling which is felt by people from the ground, and registered by objects shaking NOT being registered by seismology? My little brain is confused. I hope someone who is more learned, preferably the experts here on the Fragile Earth forum can answer this.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
Revelation 8

The Seventh Seal—the Trumpets
1 When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
3 Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him, so that he might [a]add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, [c]with the prayers of the [d]saints, went up before God out of the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel [e]took the censer and filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it to the earth; and there followed peals of thunder and sounds and flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

6 And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound them.

7 The first sounded, and there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood, 9 and a third of the creatures which were in the sea [f]and had life, died; and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters. 11 The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

12 The fourth angel sounded, and a third of the sun and a third of the moon and a third of the stars were struck, so that a third of them would be darkened and the day would not shine for a third of it, and the night in the same way.

13 Then I looked, and I heard [g]an eagle flying in midheaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

saskatoon.ctv.ca...

chatter.betaboard.net...

edit on 27-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

Give me a break!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The only thing I know, is that I know nothing.....

It seems that everything today is a total mystery to me... Damn you 2012!!!!
edit on 27-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Does the sounds in Vancouver Island correlate somehow with the sounds thats been heard all over the world?

Maybe these sounds are coming from the center of our milky way galaxy , and hit the earth in waves, and as we come closer to this date, we will hear this more frequently , just a thought nothing more nothing less....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i live on vancouver island in victoria and there is no fear being created by some noise. the only fear that's being created is within the title of this thread. we're a piece of tiny rock floating in space, so what the # do any of us know. there's no need to let this stop you from going about your day. it's happened in other parts of the world supposedly and there's been no earthquake, and by that logic there's no need to panic and get overly dramatic.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have been following these "Strange sounds" etc..For a while now and their is no doubt that some are infact REAL rather being hoaxed. Anyway's the truth is earthquakes can be caused due to us "humans" as well as the natural beauty of the earth its self. In the video it show's the guys blowing stuff up with dynamite.

This doesn't have to cause an earthquake but instead it can cause a Seismic Wave, here let me explain....

Seismic waves are waves of energy that travel through the earth, and are a result of an earthquake, explosion, or a volcano that imparts low-frequency acoustic energy. Many other natural and anthropogenic sources create low amplitude waves commonly referred to as ambient vibrations. Seismic waves are studied by seismologists and geophysicists. Seismic wave fields are measured by a seismograph, geophone, hydrophone (in water), or accelerometer.

This quote was taken from Wikipedia you can read more HERE
So as you can see these 'Waves' are the results to Earthquakes which possibly means they did or did not happen before or after an earthquake. A wave could simply make the ground feel like its shaking although the earthquake did not proceed afterwards(Due to the people blowing up dynamite).

These waves are also broken down, the earth can achieve a very small "Surface Wave". The frequency's are so low that are not picked up on a "Seismic Scale" again you can read more at the Wikipedia link I have provided. This is just my guess to figure out on what the cause could be. I am by no means an expert, If this does not explain the cause than my mind and these sounds are beyond me

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

In the last 48 hours a number of people in Sooke have reported feeling powerful tremors that some believe are an earthquake. "I heard what sounded like a freight train coming, that rumble, and it was very brief. My bed actually shifted," one Sooke homeowner told CTV News. Seismologists say there are no indications of an earthquake in the Sooke area and all calling the recent reports a mystery.

I am no expert of earthquakes but I am bound to think anyone that lives near Vancouver island can tell what an earthquake is.

Maybe we can get some more educated people in the field of seismology to look at this and give their opinions of what the hell is going on here.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be something bad.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

My roommate is addicted to that computer game too. It was driving me nuts. he has his sub woofer going, and I bang on his door, and I say are you just plain ignorant or what? DO you hear anyone else in the neighborhood playing even music so anyone can hear it? And here you are with that retarded computer game and your sub woofer vibrating the entire neighborhood.

"Oh, I guess I didn't realize it was on like that"

Moron, just moved out. And thats a good thing. But yeah, if you don't know where it is coming from, or it they just turn it on, then put on their headphones, you would only hear it briefly. I don't know the name of the game, but people are addicted, pay so much a month, and it plays that rumbling sound every moment it is on.
And assorted other stupid noises.

I would be pretty much sure, there is another idiot in Sooke, like the one that just moved out of my apartment.
I live in Victoria, which is 20 miles from Sooke, and yeah, we know what an earth quake feels like.
We get small ones.
Due for a big one mind you.

But lets not confuse that with the terrors in Manitoba in The Pas. Thats end of the world type stuff there for sure.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: added link

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This seems to fall into the "strange sounds" category of threads that have been heard around the world as of late. As for the shaking, that's a new element. Could that have been related to the demolition going on in the downtown area, possibly. The two may be unrelated. The sounds have been described as an extended rumble of a jet plane taking off, a train, etc.I have a theory that the stange sounds are related to the jet stream patterns that have been somewhat bizarre as of late. This could explain what the weather media outlets continually elude to which is the lack of a normal winter pattern in the U.S. I have done some spot checking on the location of where strange sounds have occured and the jet stream patterns at the time and there seems to be a correlation. However, I have only randomly checked this. If a map were to be created of the reported sounds along a timeline with jet stream patterns we may have our answer. So you tech savvy ATS'ers get cracking! The real question is why is the jet stream generating these rumbling noises being heard? Has a fundamental change in the patterns occured or is it in the process of changing?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For those of you not familair with Vancouver Island, to put it into perspective, to paddle a sea kayak around it, you are looking at about 1150 to 1200 kilometers (I've done it several times). As for the noises...pretty interesting. I watched the CTV newsclip and it seems nobody knows what it is. And the distance between Victoria and Sooke is great enough that it does not make sense to be simply a localized blast.
There is a military base in the area but I'm not sure if it is somehow involved or not... I'll be wathcing this one closely....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's obviously no bogus! There was no chicken guys....lawyered

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I live in Nanaimo which is halfway up Vancouver Island's east coast. There has been no shaking here (that I have felt) but the noise was heard on Gabriola Island, which is a smaller island that protects Nanaimo Harbour. I was told this by a resident of that Island before I knew anything about this news story.

It's not an earthquake we should be paying attention to, in regards to this and other similar recent phenomena. It's something much more bigger and earth changing than that.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relddap
For those of you not familair with Vancouver Island, to put it into perspective, to paddle a sea kayak around it, you are looking at about 1150 to 1200 kilometers (I've done it several times). As for the noises...pretty interesting. I watched the CTV newsclip and it seems nobody knows what it is. And the distance between Victoria and Sooke is great enough that it does not make sense to be simply a localized blast.
There is a military base in the area but I'm not sure if it is somehow involved or not... I'll be wathcing this one closely....

Well thats true, there is a training island right near Sooke, that gets blasted all the time. The local residents would certainly not mistake anything of that sort, since they hear that all the time. I lived in Sooke for almost 20 years.
It is probably either, someone with a synthesizer, on a mountain, my brother in law used to do that. I called it whale noises, he called it music.
But with a good sub woofer, and knowing how freaked out people are already about well this as a for instance...

edit on 27-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join