It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mysterious rumbling creates cloud of fear across Vancouver Island

page: 1
41
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Source


In the last 48 hours a number of people in Sooke have reported feeling powerful tremors that some believe are an earthquake. "I heard what sounded like a freight train coming, that rumble, and it was very brief. My bed actually shifted," one Sooke homeowner told CTV News. Seismologists say there are no indications of an earthquake in the Sooke area and all calling the recent reports a mystery.




I am no expert of earthquakes but I am bound to think anyone that lives near Vancouver island can tell what an earthquake is.

Maybe we can get some more educated people in the field of seismology to look at this and give their opinions of what the hell is going on here.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be something bad.

Any thoughts?

Pred...




posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The Times Colonist was covering it this morning:


Unusual shaking and rumbling reported around the capital region had people thinking "earthquake" - but, rest assured, there was no seismic event.

Natural Resources Canada responded to public concerns by posting an explanation on its website, saying what was felt could have come from an "atmospheric source," likely sound waves travelling over a long distance.

Taimi Mulder, a seismologist at the Pacific Geoscience Centre in North Saanich, said it received several calls from the public reporting rumbling at about 10: 45 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday.

www.timescolonist.com...


I was on the phone with a friend from Victoria about an hour ago and he heard the news saying it was naval exercises in the waters between Vancouver Island and Washington State. I don't buy it because people who live there know what naval exercises sound like.

A friend of mine in Sooke heard this noise a couple weeks ago.


+13 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The only logical conclusion is that reptilians are digging mass underground tunnels to bury their eggs.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The noise was hardly over all vancouver island....
I live 100 mi north in nanaimo and it wasnt heard here.....
The island runs for hundreds of miles, its a huge piece of rock.....
probably the size of G Britain.....
The noise has also been heard in northern washington which is only 20 miles from victoria across the strait.
Further north than that we havent heard anything yet........
.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
i heard the sound for the first time today but i live in melbourne victoria australia at about 11 am did any other melbourne folk hear this? maybe it was a plane that i could not see?



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Any recordings? I would like to compare it to the rumbling I heard in UK. It's ironic isn't it. You get what are apparently genuine reports of sounds - but no recording. Meanwhile the net is spammed with numerous impressive youtube recordings but strangely not corroborated by any credible independent source!



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187
 

Most interesting. Many thanks for the thread, Predator. Will be keeping an eye on this.

I can report that nothing shows up in the Van Island area on the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network's interactive tremor map -- accessible here. There is a large array of seismos used for this. They record smaller tremors, rather than quakes, with the array being set up especially to keep track of major Episodic Tremor and Slip events, which have been observed to be cyclic in nature. Sometimes there can be hundreds of tremors within a day up and down the PNW region. Often in clusters. The last tremor activity on Van Island was back on Jan 13.

Just in January this year, there have been over 1,000 tremors in the PNW (as can be confirmed by using the above-linked resource map.)

So, as this sound doesn't seem to be related to tremors I have no idea what it is. Could be atmospherics.

I've written to a member who lives in WA and keeps a pretty constant watch on seismic activity in the region. She has authored many threads here on the subject. I've asked if she'd check your thread and perhaps add her own thoughts.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 27/1/12 by JustMike because: typo and clarification.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Revelation 8

The Seventh Seal—the Trumpets
1 When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
3 Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him, so that he might [a]add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, [c]with the prayers of the [d]saints, went up before God out of the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel [e]took the censer and filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it to the earth; and there followed peals of thunder and sounds and flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

6 And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound them.

7 The first sounded, and there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood, 9 and a third of the creatures which were in the sea [f]and had life, died; and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters. 11 The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

12 The fourth angel sounded, and a third of the sun and a third of the moon and a third of the stars were struck, so that a third of them would be darkened and the day would not shine for a third of it, and the night in the same way.

13 Then I looked, and I heard [g]an eagle flying in midheaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

saskatoon.ctv.ca...

chatter.betaboard.net...



edit on 27-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i guess as the year progresses we'll all find out what are causing these sounds. everybody want's alien disclosure, but it looks like a lot of people are sh-tting their pants.

the sounds are of an intelligent order.


edit on 27-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike
 


Thanks for the heads-up Mike.


I have personally experienced a rumbling sound which resonates in my body, but that seems to be quite different from what they experienced on Tuesday. That so many people heard this, it seems rather obvious that it was something...big question is what.

Since NO seismos picked it up, it is safe to assume that it didn't come from the ground. Odd though, because if it was enough to move a bed, one should have....unless that person was nearest the source, far enough away from a seismo to not record it, and the rest of the experiences were just hearing it. Make sense?

My first thought was.....offshore volcano. Not a far stretch by any means. An atmospheric source it certainly another suspect. But I believe a seismo would even pick up a sonic boom...I think. I dunno, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it. I know last week I heard a boom, jumped on USGS and saw that there had been the quake up near Vancouver (I think a 4.3 or something) and actually thought I had heard it, even though it was too small and too far away to really make any sense. Maybe there is something unusuall going on with the faulting system that is causing it to act a-typical. We certainly are far from understanding it all.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'll just quote what I posted in the Victoria specific thread.




I may live in Victoria and haven't heard anything lately but there were reports of sounds in Sooke also. I heard on the radio that they blamed it on blasting being done across the Haro Straight in Squim Washington. Which is
roughly 60km (30mi) across the ocean.

I guess sound does travel farther on water but unless they were taking down one of the Olympic Mountains I find that hard to believe.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I live in downtown Victoria and this is the first i've heard of it...We have had some normal wind storms the past few days, but nothing out of the norm...



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So now days basically a Earth shaking event can occur and no clear answer as to what is causing it needs given. AMAZING. I see its near a water source so maybe there is something in the water deep causing this. All these global scientist and no clear answer for this or other unknown noises.
edit on 1/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The noise was hardly over all vancouver island....
I live 100 mi north in nanaimo and it wasnt heard here.....
The island runs for hundreds of miles, its a huge piece of rock.....
probably the size of G Britain.....
The noise has also been heard in northern washington which is only 20 miles from victoria across the strait.
Further north than that we havent heard anything yet........
.


Vancouver island is just over 1/10th the size of Great Britain
what the hell are you smoking?



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


I wonder if it could be running water below the surface, good point.
Then again I'm no expert, but it sounds plausible.
More so then reptilians digging to lay their eggs

edit on 1/27/2012 by Alexander the Great because: Additional comment



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If the seimos didn't register anything has to be airborne...HAARP???



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
The only logical conclusion is that reptilians are digging mass underground tunnels to bury their eggs.


I cant believe we're still questioning this whole "mystery rumbling sound" phenomenon.

Havent you heard, its just a viral marketing campaign for a video game.

Nevermind the fact that people hear it all over the world. Never mind that its scaring the crap out of people.

Now just keep taking your pills, turn up your television and OBEY



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

edit on 1/27/2012 by MrsBlonde because: wrong thread



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
Revelation 8

The Seventh Seal—the Trumpets
1 When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
3 Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him, so that he might [a]add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, [c]with the prayers of the [d]saints, went up before God out of the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel [e]took the censer and filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it to the earth; and there followed peals of thunder and sounds and flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

6 And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound them.

7 The first sounded, and there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood, 9 and a third of the creatures which were in the sea [f]and had life, died; and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters. 11 The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

12 The fourth angel sounded, and a third of the sun and a third of the moon and a third of the stars were struck, so that a third of them would be darkened and the day would not shine for a third of it, and the night in the same way.

13 Then I looked, and I heard [g]an eagle flying in midheaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

saskatoon.ctv.ca...

chatter.betaboard.net...



edit on 27-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)



Here's why it's NOT the end of the world, and why we're merely dealing with a bunch of greedy globalists who are causing so much havoc that they have people believing it the end: (Again)

1) No hail mixed with fire and blood.
2) The trees and grass are still here.
3) A great mountain didn't fall into the sea.
4) Ships and the creatures of the sea? You got it, still there.
5) No star fell and made the waters bitter.
6) The sun is still shining.

If you know the bible like I do, you would know that there is a certain order to things. Do I think the world might end some time in the distant future long after we're gone? Sure! But right now? NOPE. And I say that with confidence.

We've allowed ourselves to take prosperity for granted, and that is reflective of the worlds economy. People just stopped working hard. Why are China, Russia and other countries so successful? They have a sense of urgency and an appreciation of what must be done to achieve prosperity.

Iran is being annoying again, just like they always have. Another bad president? That's nothing new. A group of greedy powerful people starting wars with plans of global domination? How many times throughout history have we had to deal with these idiots and psychopaths? Too many to count! That's all human history consists of is war, war, war. The ancients spoke about this many times.

Enough with the doom and gloom, turn that frown upside-down.


edit on 27-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
41
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join