It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of Christianity Is This?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by predator0187

Dear predator0187,

I don't support a church, I preach at one and I was recruited and my message is the same.

Well then according to the beliefs of your church then your probably going to hell...

Our mission is to feed the homeless and poor. I have also known missionaries who risked their life just to help others. I actively promote pacifism and service and I hate to be lumped in with those who I actively combat for their lies about the word (this is a reference to those who call themselves Christians and are not). Bigotry is bigotry, it is the lumping of all within a group by using the worst examples.

That's what your missing though, because you practice your religion the way you do it is not like the other monster religions. Christianity does not preach the same things you preach, so by you doing it the way you do, you have nothing to do with actual Christianity.

Because you do it the proper way, you shouldn't associate yourself with the evils of organized religion. You have done your own thing and rightfully so, that's the way it should be, and the way that Christ taught, but unfortunately not the way Christianity teaches it.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
Very delightful...I always admire the religious folk.They are solid people just like we may be.Although,in the end who will win.That"s were I am stumped.

If we continue along the line of thought of: "who will win"...We will all lose.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dear preadtor0187,

Because you do it the proper way, you shouldn't associate yourself with the evils of organized religion. You have done your own thing and rightfully so, that's the way it should be, and the way that Christ taught, but unfortunately not the way Christianity teaches it.

I teach people to read the bible and understand context, they learn what it says by reading the word, I don't believe in leaders. I have been attacked on this site by atheists as being a hater because I believe in Jesus and by "christians" for not being legalistic enough. I posted once on a thread by a Satanist in support of his believing what he wanted, he told me that he wished I died because he hated all Christians. Yet, what he didn't know was that I had taken a homeless Satanist and Wiccan into my home and fed them and clothed them. When I go to get funds to feed the homeless, it is Christians that give me the money, that says something so lets not forget about them. Peace.

By the way, did you notice that I did not get one star for one thing I said on this thread. I don't need stars; but, nobody cared that I said that we should be in service to one another, I was just another annoying Christian.
edit on 26-1-2012 by AQuestion because: Additonal information

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Dear predator0187,

We believe in pacifism or we don't, we believe in freedom or we don't, we believe in privacy or we don't. I will ask a question, if Christianity were outlawed, how many Satanists or gnositcs would feed me? Would you feed me as I have fed others regardless of their beliefs or would you watch in joy as I starved to death. I know a Satanist that I fe would never let me go hungry even if he had nothing. I promote love and service; but, how many would let me starve because I am Christian, how many have said that I should because they hate those who claim to be Christians but don't follow the word, who don't do everything out of love. I am not saying you wouldn't feed me, I am asking a question, I do that on occasion. Pease.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

This topic piece is inherently intellectually dishonest. Nothing more than an atheist, Christianity bash circle jerk.

1) The Roman Empire spent well over a hundred years persecuting "pacifist*" Christians.

2) The so called "Jesus War's", were mostly local politicians trying to use the new popular religion to establish and expand upon their power base.
a) Very few died in the Inquisition. In Spain, where the Inquisition held the most power(and was in fact it's own Ministry in Government), there was only 45,000 trials. With an estimated 3,000-5,000 executions. The problem is, intellectually dishonest atheist's fudge the numbers by including the death toll from the 30 years war.
b) Witch Huntings- They predate Christianity. Pagan Rome burned well over 9,000 people at the stake for witch craft.

source scroll to BC Romeen.wikipedia.org...

c) granted the majority of victims where women, but so to where the vast majority of accusers women as well(see Salem witch trials).

3) Rome never used Christianity as an excuse to expand the Empire(Thus Rome never fought a war in the name of Christianity).

4) Muslims began the Crusades after a few hundred years of unchecked aggression against Christians.
a) Before the Rise of Islam, Christianity made up most of North Africa, Egypt, Present day Israeli, Jordan, Syria and Turkey and Europe.
b) Muslims rampaged across North Africa and the Middle East. Invaded Sicily and began a pogrom of mass raping's, ethnic genocide against the local residents(hence why some Italians have very dark skin).
c) Muslims brutally conquered Iberia and tried to push into Northern and central Europe. If it wasn't for Charles Martel, none of the Christian bashing atheist's would dare have the courage to speak as they are speaking now.
d) Christians where fine with muslims having control over Jerusalem, till muslims interfered with, harassed and murdered Christian pilgrimages. Combined with their invasion of the Byzantine Empire, Europe had to respond.
e) Later Crusades where more about economics and wealth then religion/spirituality.

5) Christianity has never been a pacifist movement
a) Paul started the pacifist nonsense as a way of endearing Christians to the Roman nobility/Wealthy class
b) Even Jesus traveled with a sword.
c) Self defense is perfectly acceptable.

6) The whole article was based to paint Jesus as a leftist.

*(see 5 a)

Topic's like this is why I view the vast majority of Atheist's as nothing more then cowardly bigots. It is not so much that you hate Christianity, it is more so that you love to hurt other people but are too cowardly to pick on a target that you would get in trouble for. Christianity is a safe target in your eyes, because if they(we) fight back, you in your twisted psychopathic minds could make claims of "hypocrisy".

Kind of like you think by saying a string of words you can continue to harass and assault Christians. You are greatly mistaken.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Dear predator0187,

We believe in pacifism or we don't, we believe in freedom or we don't, we believe in privacy or we don't. I will ask a question, if Christianity were outlawed, how many Satanists or gnositcs would feed me? Would you feed me as I have fed others regardless of their beliefs or would you watch in joy as I starved to death. I know a Satanist that I fe would never let me go hungry even if he had nothing. I promote love and service; but, how many would let me starve because I am Christian, how many have said that I should because they hate those who claim to be Christians but don't follow the word, who don't do everything out of love. I am not saying you wouldn't feed me, I am asking a question, I do that on occasion. Pease.

I would feed any other human being. I do not care what skin color, ethnicity or belief system, it does not matter although religion teaches us it does. Why does it matter what belief system the believe in?

In an atheist and I would feed anyone, not because a god tells me too, or because I am threatened with punishment I would do it because it is the right thing to do.

Pred...
edit on 26-1-2012 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Dear predator0187,

You seem to be focused on there "needing to be a religion" in order for morality to exist. Religion does not need to be in play for people to be moral, to help each other, to feel empathy. All of these things exist outside of religion, but most religouse persons are brain washed to believe otherwise.

Humanity needs to start taking blame for their action and stop blaming the faults on "fate" or religion. Religion has been used as a scape goat for far too long.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Same reasons I do it. When I was asked to preach they told me that they wanted to feed the homeless, I said that I would only participate if they could eat without hearing the word. I wanted them to know that they welcome to hear it and know that it was not a requirement otherwise I would not participate and would not work with them. I have made it very clear to our church they can expect from me, it is asking them what they did to help others on a weekly basis, not how many they converted. I think my God would be okay with that and at a minimum, I am okay with it. Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

a) Very few died in the Inquisition. In Spain, where the Inquisition held the most power(and was in fact it's own Ministry in Government), there was only 45,000 trials. With an estimated 3,000-5,000 executions. The problem is, intellectually dishonest atheist's fudge the numbers by including the death toll from the 30 years war.

/sarcasm enabled

You are absolutely correct, more should have died for their beliefs....

Obviously not near enough humans where punished for thinking out side the box, they should have killed more to get their point across.

/sarcasm disabled

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Dear mileysubet,

You seem to be focused on there "needing to be a religion" in order for morality to exist. Religion does not need to be in play for people to be moral, to help each other, to feel empathy. All of these things exist outside of religion, but most religouse persons are brain washed to believe otherwise.

Please show me where I said that anyone needed religion, that is simply deceitful for I did not say such a thing. Deny ignorance, respond to what I did say and don't put words in my mouth. I have been on this site more than a hot minute and my words are on my posts and I never said that anyone needed religion. What I have said is that I am a believer and I am.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Why is there a need to 'preach'?

To me actions speak louder than words and I would much rather show people goodness than talk about it. If they see people being good then more are likely to follow, preaching included or not.

See the thing with religion and god is that they 'pray' as a way to do nothing but say they have. 'oh we prayed for them', yeah so? What the hell did that do? It made the person praying feel like they did something without doing anything.

I do good because it is the right thing to do. If more of humanity was like that it would be a good thing. Nobody needs to preach or pray to be good, they just need to be...well...good.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Dear predator0187,

To me actions speak louder than words and I would much rather show people goodness than talk about it. If they see people being good then more are likely to follow, preaching included or not.

"Preach" was just a word, I speak, I do that all the time; but, when I speak about the bible it is commonly referred to as "preaching". Funny thing, I don't tell people what to do so I guess technically, I am not preaching. To tell the truth, I use the Socratic method, I have a doctorate in law. I ask questions, ergo my screen name, I am willing for them to be involved in the dialectic rather than follow. As for how I live my life, I have been with one woman in 52 years, I have taken in the homeless, dedicated my life to public service and feeding those who are hungry. I tell you what, for $125 dollars a month you can buy a truckload of food and do the same wherever you live. Line up the Atheists and tell the same so that they know how to feed everyone even the Christians. Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

Please show me where I said that anyone needed religion, that is simply deceitful for I did not say such a thing. Deny ignorance, respond to what I did say and don't put words in my mouth. I have been on this site more than a hot minute and my words are on my posts and I never said that anyone needed religion. What I have said is that I am a believer and I am.

I teach people to read the bible and understand context, they learn what it says by reading the word, I don't believe in leaders. I have been attacked on this site by atheists as being a hater because I believe in Jesus and by "christians" for not being legalistic enough. I posted once on a thread by a Satanist in support of his believing what he wanted, he told me that he wished I died because he hated all Christians. Yet, what he didn't know was that I had taken a homeless Satanist and Wiccan into my home and fed them and clothed them. When I go to get funds to feed the homeless, it is Christians that give me the money, that says something so lets not forget about them. Peace.

By the way, did you notice that I did not get one star for one thing I said on this thread. I don't need stars; but, nobody cared that I said that we should be in service to one another, I was just another annoying Christian.

You honestly feel as if there was no inference to a need for religion in your post? If that is true you really need to do a self check. Read your own post and see if there is a inference to a need of religion, everything you spoke of draws religious boundaries I.E..a need for religion.

You created the boundaries and called them by names (religions), you spoke as if one was greater than another, as if one was more morally correct than another.

After all don't you teach to read with context....

No you did not out right say religion is needed but as much can be easily extracted from reading your post.
edit on 26-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

You honestly feel as if there was no inference to a need for religion in your post? If that is true you really need to do a self check. Read your own post and see if there is a inference to a need of religion, everything you spoke of draws religious boundaries I.E..a need for religion.

Sorry, I don't wish to play word games. Define religion and define belief then reread what I wrote. No organization, belief.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

Sorry, I don't wish to play word games. Define religion and define belief then reread what I wrote. No organization, belief.

You are the one teaches others to read with context in mind, yet you don't want to play word games....

I am not playing a game, I am simply responding to the context of your post.

You have already defined what you asked for in your above post by giving the life styles a name according to their beliefs. You have categorical/organized them based on a belief system.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

You are the one teaches others to read with context in mind, yet you don't want to play word games....

How are context and games the same? Believe what you want and have a nice day, by the way, how many people do you feed a day, show me the love of non-believers because they are out there; but, the question is are you one of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The problem is that superstition and humanity go hand in hand. Yes we do have a degree of natural skepticism and doubt about such things but that doesn't stop folks from being persuaded by all manner of pseudoscience and religious belief. Even folks like Newton, respected scientists and brilliant minds, cling to theistic beliefs.

I'm an atheist and a skeptic - and former Christian - and I do my part on the internet to debate against religion but I don't think for a second that superstition will ever be weeded out entirely. It's too prevalent, too pervasive and too damn fun. I mean just imagine for yourself the web of absurdities and oddities that exist just here on ATS alone and add to it all the beliefs and superstitions that have gone extinct throughout human history. Those beliefs may not have much to them as far as reality is concerned but they are a huge part of culture and psychology.

As for the Catholic Church, you got me there, I can hardly think of an organization more evil and diseased, even the US Congress is out-sleazed by the Catholic Church. Why any modern day person, let alone modern Christian, would want to identify with such a decadent and sick organization is beyond me. It's not just about the molestation, it's the way they conduct Christianity, with Saints and golden crosses and mass public prayers to the Virgin Mary. Didn't Jesus say for people to pray in secret to OUR FATHER who art in Heaven? Where does this praying to Mary nonsense come in? Why people follow Catholicism is a mystery to me.

I wish humanity could forgo superstition and faith but I doubt it will ever happen. It's still a good cause to fight against it though and who knows, if I managed to escape Christianity maybe lots of others can too.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

How are context and games the same? Believe what you want and have a nice day, by the way, how many people do you feed a day, show me the love of non-believers because they are out there; but, the question is are you one of them.

There yo go with name calling again..."Non-Believers".

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

You did not answer my question, how many do you feed? You obfuscate, you deceive; but, tell me how many you feed. Don't tell me how good you are, tell me how many you feed. Don't tell me about evil christians, tell me how many people you feed, tell me what you do that is good, not how many do wrong. Feed the poor and we have no issues.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Dear mileysubet,

You did not answer my question, how many do you feed? You obfuscate, you deceive; but, tell me how many you feed. Don't tell me how good you are, tell me how many you feed. Don't tell me about evil christians, tell me how many people you feed, tell me what you do that is good, not how many do wrong. Feed the poor and we have no issues.

So far today, I have planted the idea in only one today (fed). You may do with it what you may, hopefully free minded and unclouded by ideas of religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join