It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

But there is a little bit of Bogan in all of us

Happy Australia Day to all regardless..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

"I know Americans feel this hurt when certain groups complain about the "USA USA USA" chants. Which I personally don't find offensive or aggressive in any capacity. Just people showing patriotic pride. "

Patriotic pride isn't racist, just silly.. nations are lines drawn on a map, flags.. colored cloth on a stick.

Being patriotic means having "pride" in something you had nothing to do with, and hating strangers who live within different imaginary lines.. represented by a different colored cloth on a stick.

It's an irrelevant tool of control & division that shouldn't be taken seriously... but to each his own.. if waiving a flag made in China while cheering servitude makes some one happy.. lol.. ok with me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Would that make you an advocate of no borders and a world government?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fixedsys

If that's the way you roll, so be it, but you do not speak for me when you say "We". I will speak for myself.

Did I mention you by name? Did I specifically say I ever spoke for you personally? You actually think you that important? Bahahahah!

Have your opinion I don't care! In fact as true Australian I respect your right to have one!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say that the most jingoistic people of any society likely correlate to the most racist too.

I've experienced this and one doesn't need a PhD to understand the phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by AussieDingus

My apologies, a "bogan" isn't just referring to a flag-wearing Euro-Australian. It is somewhat I guess used to label white Australians.
Behaviour may be connected to it. But by that logic I could say all black people are n----- because they may dress with sagging pants and a backwards hat.\

Behaviour has nothing to do with it in reality, its nothing more than a term used for white Australians.
A negative stereotype.

And therefore a Racist term! A negative stereotype that is directed to Australians of British/Irish decent. The term is only directed to people of that race so therefore racist. If one was to make stereotypical remarks about negroid and Asian people in similar context it would be racist. There is no difference here! The term is racist!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by GovtFlu

Would that make you an advocate of no borders and a world government?

It is INEVITABLE, it is part of our evolution, progress and development as a species, to do away with borders. So you can fight it all you want out of the ideal that your country is better than someone else', which is complete bull, but it's going to happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Obviously not all evolution is progressive then. Government is already corrupt and unnacountable enough.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Obviously not all evolution is progressive then. Government is already corrupt and unnacountable enough.

It sure is progressive, what do you think all the anti-corruption protests these past years have been about? It's the intro to globalism...worldwide protests with the same perspective everywhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Well, you can hope all you want for this global utopia - I'll fight with weapons to prevent it.

Happy Australia Day!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Us Poms love you Aussies really, Happy Aussie Day!!!!

edit on 26/1/2012 by 0010110011101 because: Bad link

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Well, you can hope all you want for this global utopia - I'll fight with weapons to prevent it.

Then you are a deranged individual. And it is your lack of intelligence that prevents you from understanding what's being said here. Ah well...just like the dinosaurs your mentality will die out. It's the fear of the unknown that scares you huh...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

No it is NOT racist. It is a word used to describe people based on their own actions and behaviour ! If those actions and behaviour didnt exist, then neither would the word, or a need to use it !. It is at wrost, a stereotype, but that stereotype couldnt exist without those acting and behaving in a way that contributes to the stereotype. Telling people to get out of a country because others simply look different is whats truely racist. Yet this point seems to be overlooked in this thread and i somehow get labelled a racist for using the term bogan which is based on bogan behaviour. I don't know how many times i have to explain this !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

If you must sustain your debate with insults I cannot take it seriously.

All the same - Happy Australia Day!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
reply to post by Jace26

But there is a little bit of Bogan in all of us

Happy Australia Day to all regardless..

I grow very tired of Australians' degree of reverence for the worst elements of our society, personally. I was lucky to leave Sunbury alive, after having lived there for 14 years, and that is not said with any hyperbole. Being violent, alcoholic, racist, anti-intellectual, and Neanderthal in general terms, is not something to be proud of.

Lest I be accused of the contrary after saying this, I am grateful to be living in Australia. Despite the element described above, we are still a relatively peaceful country by international standards, and economically, our conditions seem to still be relatively good.

Although my mention of the Horde crest was half-joking, truthfully I consider jingoism in the case of any nationality to be an extremely ugly thing, and that includes Australia. Acknowledging what we have to be grateful for, is something that I think can be positive; but flag worship, and the type of chest beating which tends to lead to racist exclusion, (which is the real definition of the majority of contemporary Australian nationalism, sadly) is not.
edit on 26-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being proud to be an Australian however some aussies are overly proud and everyone finds them annoying, not racist but damn annoying!

I have personally met a few aussies that I got the vibe off that they were more then just proud...superior perhaps!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Heres another couple of aussie artists that im proud of.

I was lucky enough to be standing on the dressing room doors and the stage working security when cold chisel were in my home town of newcastle australia 2 months ago.

Aussie aussie aussie , oi,oi,oi

ONCE AGAIN, HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY
edit on 26-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Wrong again. It is racist because it is directed towards one group of people. Again for the dummies White Australians of British/Irish heritage. If it was directed to all races maybe. But it singles out one race with stereotypical assumptions !. You have been comprehensively smashed on this issue. Stereotypical remarks directed at one race is racism. Argue all you want. Whatever you need to sleep at night or tell yourself to get through without feeling conscience. Deep down you know it is true!

It is called "internalized racism" if you are a white Australian of British/Irish decent and just "plain old" racism if you heritage is elsewhere!
edit on 26-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well I find you annoying but .........

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Sorry but wrong again. It is NOT a racist term, and you keep telling yourself it is if it helps you sleep at night !
And why do you keep focusing on whether or not bogan is or isnt a racist term, which it is NOT, and start focusing on the bogan like behaviour that is the real cause of the problem here. But again, what ever gets you to sleep at night hey !

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join