It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just found out a family friend was Abducted by aliens and had her baby taken!?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I did not see juleol say anything about the hypnosis on purpose making people experience false memories.

It might happen by itself, since the imagination is quite powerful when it tries to fill in the blanks.

It's an interesting story, but not a very solid one. So I'm on the fence here.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

My Mums friend was about 3 months pregnant she was due for an ultrasound and when she went the fetus was gone, no blood no accidents just not there anymore.

This is probably more likely than aliens. Phantom/False pregnancy

en.wikipedia.org...

Rare in humans but not as rare as aliens!

After having read the article on the false pregnancies I find it a bit curious that back in the 1940's ( around the time the deal with the aliens was supposedly made).. That this false pregnancy phenomenon occurred at a rate of about 1 in every 250 pregnancies. And yet today when we have all of these environmental factors that affect our bodies, the rate of the false pregnancy incidents has dropped to about six in every 22,000.

that little tidbit of info just sat funny with me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It seemed to me that the context was fairly strongly asserting such an interpretation on the narrative.

And, it's a common contention.

I just persistently find the contention to originate with folks who are poorly informed about the professional particulars of hypno-therapy.

And to make such blanketly emphatic assertions on the basis of very poor, inadequate information . . . particularly from such a 'lofty' position looking 'down' on the narrator . . . is more than a little annoying.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by dilly1

Last time I checked the OP's topic is based on the possibility of alien abduction. If anyone of you really new how dam hard and impossible it is to travel in space,not orbit, you wouldn't give a hoot about ET harassing pregnant women.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a stinking pile of assumptions.

1. You seem to be assuming that Einstein knew all there was to know about light, speed, etc. A number of physicists are beginning to question that assumption and some are saying it's outright wrong.

2. You seem to pretend that YOU KNOW ALL that's worth knowing about light, speed, gravity etc. Please color me highly skeptical of that conviction/belief. That would seem to require a LOT MORE FAITH in your own omniscience and brilliance than I can muster in your behalf, myself.

3. You seem to be arbitrarily ruling out a spiritual DIMENSION.

4. You seem to be arbitrarily ruling out that the critters could come from up to 7+ OTHER dimensions.

5. You seem to be arbitrarily ruling out the purported 3-4 DIFFERENT ways around the purported speed of light boundary . . . e.g. warping/bending space/time such that, by illustration, putting 2 dots on opposite ends of a sheet of paper . . . pretending the plane of the paper is our current time/space dimension . . . then folding the paper such that the dots are nearby vs light years apart. or e.g. traveling through a DIFFERENT DIMENSION as a short-cut to two very distant points in our space/time continuum.

6. You seem to arbitrarily rule out the supposedly impossible possiblity that someone else may know more than you do on the topic.

Please excuse those of us who decline to get on your arbitrary band-wagons.

I give a hoot about Einstein. He died a frustrated depressed man.

I know enough to realize aliens are not taxing around earth. But You seem its currently possible for space travel to be realistic.

Dimension?
7 dimension? You have any proof of that?

Sure buddy

On #5 you are stating creating your own even horizon is easy. Lol,,,dude, even though it would be possible we would need new physics to open and control a event horizon. In the quantum level event horizons occurs all the time... And? So what. seriously thats theoretical. Anything in the particle world does not work with our macro world physics..Look it up.

6. You seem to forget YOU have no clue in what you are talking about. Everything you said is not possible now nor in the distant future. Why ,,cause we would need new physics to prove: alien existence and 7( or 12)dimensions existing;and not some charade of theories brain washing tools like you into thinking we have answers to daunting universal questions.

Dude stop educating yourself from Natgeo and the Science channel. Its so obvious

Ps-You're using "arbitrary" way too much. Is that like your safety word? Lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Good story. I had a dream(or was it.. lol) ~2 months ago that i got up from what looked like a metallic body mold to see a african woman sitting in a chair. I could see out the front window(i assume it was the front) of the ship and it looked like it was shooting at something. Her haircut was of different lengths and the only thing i remember saying was " i like your hair".. And then i woke up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I dont mean to sound like Captain Obvious but....... a fetus disappearing within a few months is normal its called a miscarriage.... plus she sounds like she was taking alot of meds, or should be at least.....

Its all good, you dont sound like Captain obvious, you sound like corporal didnt read the OP properly.

There was none of the usual signs of miscarriage and she started taking sleeping meds and anti-depressants some time after the baby was gone
edit on 25-1-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Well if it wasnt a miscarriage she wasnt pregnant, IMO that is.... I try reading these kinds of things with a open mind but... A story thats heard from one person to another an so on usually ends up with the most important part missing. Anyway another good xfile plot, i will refrain from more negative comments.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

1. My close relative worked with a high level German physicist adjacent to the UFO craft area at area 51.

2. I have had personal extensive contact with some of the top researchers around the world on UFO phenomena and technologies.

3. My B.A. program physics prof also asserted some such . . . factors.

4. I read a WIDE variety of material from a WIDE variety of sources.

5. Your ASSUMPTIONS about my sources of information seem to be as poorly informed and poorly thought-out as your assumptions about UFO technologies and the new physics that has been hidden from most of the public for more than 50 years.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
Is it possible to be awake and dream at the same time? Because I have no other explanation for that.

Weird dream for an eight year old.

I can tell you from experience that it is possible to dream while awake, at least for a young kid. When I was about the same age I was helping my neighbors move some wood from under their porch. It took hours to do because the boards had nails in them and we had to move slowly and it took hours. As to be expected, we saw spiders the whole time.

Later, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw all kinds of different spiders crawling all over my bed. Hundreds of them! I was wide awake and yet they were very clear. I told myself that they can't be there because where would they all come from? They didn't just go away but I was sure that as real as it looked, it was just impossible, and eventually went back to sleep.

I never had anything like this happen to me as an adult, so I think it's just something that can happen to kids for some reason.

As for the OP, I believe there are too many abduction stories to dismiss them all as fantasy, and this story sounds as believable as any other. I'd like to know more though, if possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

I have no high horse nor chip. I am stating a fact. I am being logical . I am being practical.

Your not being practical or logical in fact quite the opposite.

A rational explanation is anything that has to do with human influence(this is the second time I post it by the way)

Yes it is the 2nd time and this is now the 2nd time Ive asked, supply me with a rational human based alternative to what the lady told my mother.

Yes I am saying :believing in aliens,here on earth or hoping they exist somewhere wanting to be are buddies (or boogyman) is freakin delusional. And that includes believing all abduction accounts,ufo pictures or video or anything that leans towards ET influence. There is NO credible proof so why people use the Alien option IS delusional.

Scientists have just said they almost certain that all stars have planets orbiting them, even if all stars in our galaxy have just one planet each (and we know they pretty much all have multiple) that is billions of planets. Now take into account the billions of galaxies that are out there and to even have a doubt that life is somewhere else is in my and most other intelligent peoples minds, delusional.

I don't know if you believe or hope the delusional alien option could be real. But you sure are desperate posting this ridiculous story. You're either lonely or really lonely. Its obvious you are not looking for answers or a logical explanation.

Its obvious you didnt pay much attention to what was written in the thread or even the OP for that matter, I was retelling a story I had heard that I found fascinating and apart from just sharing it I wanted to hear if anyone else had had similar experiences. As for not wanting a logical explanation Ive asked you politely twice now to offer an alternative explanation and you came back with "human intervention" which answers nothing.
As for the Lonely part???? where the hell did that come from
I might be inclined to be offended if you didnt come across as petulant and childish and therefore beneath my concern

How many stars am I allowed to give this reply, cause I give it a 16!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
reply to post by dilly1

Your condescending manner does not add any validity to your points, it is a very childish argument device. Everybody knows how difficult it is, you are not some special candidate.

You didn't answer the question.. It is possible under certain theoretical models to travel very quickly throughout space. I'm not supporting abduction theories and did not argue in the OP's favour at all, though at the same time I am not ruling them out completely. With regards to aliens, there's definitely a possibility of interstellar travel and perhaps even contact with each other. To deny this is not only implausible, its totally illogical.

Why do you relate possible alien technologies to current human accomplishments? There is no logic whatsoever in such a response. Highly intelligent life could have formed one million years somewhere else before it did here, in which case they could have an advantage of one million years, technologically. Or perhaps even more.

Please don't pretend to be an expert if you are not one.

Edit: Four posts in a row really is excessive. You could have posted all of that in one.
edit on 25-1-2012 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)
People don't know how difficult it is. If they did there wouldn't be an alien/abduction connection. Hello!

I answered both questions. I guess I didn't dumb it down for you enough... It doesn't matter if there is the possibility of intelligent life existing elsewhere. Traveling in hostile space is impossible. That's why abduction or ufo's are in no way shape or form connected to aliens. So who cares if there are trillions of blue planets with the possibility(wishful thinking or is it hoping) of ET life. We won't know and they won't come. Its too dam hard. Accept it

"Theoretical model to travel very quickly"? Wrong ! That only happen in the quantum level. Any attempt with the particle world working within the macro world is 100% theoretical. Accept it

You don't accept the OP's story but you your not ruling it out.? Lol,, you sound like an agnostic. Pathetic

Care to explain and prove the possibilities of interstellar travel by aliens and this Contact crap your stipulating is factual? Answer that question

Sorry but I am not illogical. One who is illogical believes in theoretical jargon. I don't

What alien technologies?. Its not just comparing us with ET's. Its understanding hostile space. Its the same for every Being. Try being logical and control your hope and imagination. Its obvious you're losing grips with reality.

Why is it you ufoers always give fictional aliens thousands or million years ahead of us. Why its never the other way around is retarded. You are hoping again my delusional friend.

If using simple logic makes me an expert, then so be

Edit: the four posts were not excessive. It was for four different members. Are you that self centered?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by dilly1

I'm not sure if I've understood this post correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that a belief in the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is delusional? Or were you specifically referring specifically to stories of their interactions with earth - abductions, etc.? You didn't articulate yourself clearly.

If its the former, you're very, very wrong. It is delusional to rule out the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in this unfathomably varied and massive universe. Such a mentality reflects an unwarranted sense of arrogance with regards to the human race.

If its the latter, you should maintain more of an open mind and get off your high horse. You're in no position to make such strong claims. Those were some malicious comments you made at the end of your post, they were both totally unnecessary and baseless.

I didn't read your earlier post and just noticed that someone else said you needed to get off your high horse - wow, what a coincidence.
If you understood how difficult it is ,for any Being, to travel in massive-hostile space you wouldn't care if intelligent life existed elsewhere .

With the fastest man made object ,Voyager probe,traveling just over 100,000mhp, will eventually arrive to the nearest star outside our solar system; in the next 50,000 freakin years. Even radio frequency is affected over time by the vicious pull of gravity. We don't even know what gravity is exactly. And you, like all, are hoping some Being figures it out ;while we happen to be the naïve HOST. Lol

Last time I checked the OP's topic is based on the possibility of alien abduction. If anyone of you really new how dam hard and impossible it is to travel in space,not orbit, you wouldn't give a hoot about ET harassing pregnant women.

I'm still riding

You are basing all of your scientific limitations on what WE have so far acheived. If there are other races out there (and I believe there are) then, certainly there can be atleast SOME of them much older than us. And being older than us, they would have had more time to learn about science and space and physics and spacetravel, etc. Plus, as I believe has already been mentioned, there are things like wormholes to consider. Steven Hawking suggests that extra-terrestrial beings could create their own wormholes by projecting solar energy to a specific point in space and that by using this they could travel great distances without it taking a bazillion years. If a human with the highest I.Q. on Earth can think up an idea like that, then surely a more advanced and much older civilization from another planet could surely put that idea into action. And, are you forgetting that our human/Earth space program is only a few decades old? Do you really think that that could put us at the pinnacle of all possible spacetravel acheivment?!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

If using simple logic makes me an expert, then so be

ACTUALLY,

I don't observe much logic in your assertions--simple or complex.

Your perspective seems to have a death grip on AVOIDING

a TYPE I ERROR

AND

to be completely oblivious

to the SCIENTIFIC [for whatever THAT'S worth] FACT THAT

leaning over so far backwards avoiding a TYPE I ERROR

makes it a virtual certainty that you'll be victimized by just as traumatic, problematic and/or deadly

a TYPE II ERROR.

That's NOT very logical, at all.

Not by the distance in several galactic clusters worth.

However, given the level of seemingly presumed omniscience your perspective appears to entail, I'm not really expecting any fitting authentic logic in response to such issues.

edit on 26/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: grammar

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I give a hoot about Einstein. He died a frustrated depressed man.
I would argue Nikola Tesla was much more intelligent than Einstein. He certainly died much more frustrated and depressed than Einstein.

I know enough to realize aliens are not taxing around earth.
Most rational people would agree that aliens aren't 'taxing around Earth', but you know what, 99% of those people never seem to be seriously intersted in the subject, they haven't done extensive research, yet they claim there's no proof what so ever and conclude that aliens are the stuff of fairy tales. Again you are just making assumptions, you cannot possibly be 100% certain of what you are claiming. I would like to see you find a post where I've tried to claim that this must absolutely be aliens, in the same way you've claimed it can't be.

7 dimension? You have any proof of that?
For some one who claims to be some sort of physics guru you don't know very much about modern physics. You're still stuck to theories created decades ago, theories that are rapidly crumbling and breaking down as we discover the true nature of reality.

String theory posits that the electrons and quarks within an atom are not 0-dimensional objects, but rather 1-dimensional oscillating lines ("strings"). The earliest string model, the bosonic string, incorporated only bosons, although this view developed to the superstring theory, which posits that a connection (a "supersymmetry") exists between bosons and fermions. String theories also require the existence of several extra, unobservable dimensions to the universe, in addition to the four known spacetime dimensions.

The theory has its origins in an effort to understand the strong force, the dual resonance model (1969). Subsequent to this, five different superstring theories were developed that incorporated fermions and possessed other properties necessary for a theory of everything. Since the mid-1990s, in particular due to insights from dualities shown to relate the five theories, an eleven-dimensional theory called M-theory is believed to encompass all of the previously-distinct superstring theories.

Many theoretical physicists (e.g., Stephen Hawking, Witten, Maldacena and Susskind) believe that string theory is a step toward the correct fundamental description of nature. This is because string theory allows for the consistent combination of quantum field theory and general relativity, agrees with general insights in quantum gravity (such as the holographic principle and Black hole thermodynamics), and because it has passed many non-trivial checks of its internal consistency.[2][3][4][5][unreliable source?] According to Hawking in particular, "M-theory is the only candidate for a complete theory of the universe."[6]

String Theory

Anything in the particle world does not work with our macro world physics..Look it up.
I'm... looking...

You seem to forget YOU have no clue in what you are talking about. Everything you said is not possible now nor in the distant future.
I know you weren't replying to me, but why are you talking about this technology in terms of Human advancement? Of course we wont be that advanced any time soon, but how can you possibly know if there are other species out there which have been advancing for millions, possibly billions, of years? I'm sorry, but you can't be so certain about what they may have accomplished.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Understand that I do not intend to be a "party pooper" here, and that many people sincerely believe these things happen. Had a friend, now deceased, who believed he was abducted more than once. That said, I have to throw in a word of caution on this case.

This woman didn't remember any of this till AFTER she was hypnotized. It is a known fact that false memories can be implanted, and even an honest hypnotist can inadvertently "lead" the subject to areas, without meaning to at all. in fact, some state it's almost impossible to NOT lead the subject. From what I have read, the person under hypnosis wants to please the questioner. So, when the questioner asks something, for which the subject has no response, they will, in fact, invent something, then, upon awakening, "remember" this invented history.

There was at least one case, in the news some years back, where a young woman became convinced, after seeing a hypnotherapist, that her father had molested her, and she'd somehow forgotten. Turned out that on dates she was SURE he'd done this, in many cases, it was proven beyond any doubt that he wasn't even in town. The therapist had created the case, for her own purposes.

Something similar can happen with UFO cases. If a person has some missing time, or disturbing dreams, and they happen to see a therapist that believes in abduction, that therapist could, intentionally or not, lead them to believe they were abducted. I suspect this is what happened with this woman. The stress (and believe me, it's a LOT of stress and emotional anguish) of losing a baby could easily drive her to seek care. In this case, she probably stumbled across someone that was an abduction believer, and became convinced that is what happened.

Now, that said, I do not think that is always the case. The friend I mentioned was never hypnotized, for example. So that could not have caused what he believed happened, and no, I don't think he made it up or imagined it, either.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by dilly1

1. My close relative worked with a high level German physicist adjacent to the UFO craft area at area 51.

2. I have had personal extensive contact with some of the top researchers around the world on UFO phenomena and technologies.

3. My B.A. program physics prof also asserted some such . . . factors.

4. I read a WIDE variety of material from a WIDE variety of sources.

5. Your ASSUMPTIONS about my sources of information seem to be as poorly informed and poorly thought-out as your assumptions about UFO technologies and the new physics that has been hidden from most of the public for more than 50 years.

1.lol

2.lol

3.lol

4.lol

5.lol

Honestly why would say all those things with not an ounce of proof. You have said nothing to support any of your posts. The only area where you could have some accuracy is new physics being hidden from the public. But it doesn't mean it come from aliens or alien technology. Lol

Dude why are you so blinded by the alien influence. Please allow your logic to police your crush on ET.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by wmd_2008

One of the questions I asked mum was if she was sure Sue was pregnant, she had seen the first ultrasound pic that showed the baby was actually there.

No Phantom pregnancy

This all sounds very fishy reason I say that in your OP you claim this lady was 3 months pregnant and going for an ultrasound which according to what you say above would be here second.

Here in the UK a woman won't get her first ultrasound until she is 3 months pregnant.

There is not much point before that as measurements of the baby can be done then!

Strange!!!!

I had two early ones done, after losing two, because of worries about that pregnancy. One at 5-6 weeks, another at 11-12 weeks. So there may have been some concerns in her case, that caused them to do earlier ones. My case, was a low placenta, that cleared up. Without talking to this person, no way to know, though.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by dilly1

You said "what if"
And you said "what if" nothing can go faster than light. Even if that were true, which it might not be according to some new research being done at some of the worlds most advanced facilities, you're still ignoring the certain ways to get around that problem, such as those noted by BO XIAN.

You're making assumptions just as much as anyone else.
edit on 26-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)
When the hell did I say what if nothing can go faster than light?. I'm stating new physics is needed (for us) to travel in hostile space. Space travel is so hard, if mastered by ET, we would all be done. No more ATS. Or do you have hope that ET would have some TLC for us humans. Lol

BOXian doesn't know diddlysquat about anything. Correction, he does have gnosis: on theories ; based on hope and converted into delusional facts.

Are you sure that's the band-wagon you want ride?

I don't make assumptions. I basically state the realistic facts that you and the million other naive members who ignorantly choose to ignore the fundamentals of hostile space.

You sure claim to know a lot about hostile space and how it works and doesn't work and can even predict into the future about what WON'T work later. Sounds like you've been there. Have you?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopSecretMission

reply to post by dilly1

I'm not sure if I've understood this post correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that a belief in the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is delusional? Or were you specifically referring specifically to stories of their interactions with earth - abductions, etc.? You didn't articulate yourself clearly.

If its the former, you're very, very wrong. It is delusional to rule out the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in this unfathomably varied and massive universe. Such a mentality reflects an unwarranted sense of arrogance with regards to the human race.

If its the latter, you should maintain more of an open mind and get off your high horse. You're in no position to make such strong claims. Those were some malicious comments you made at the end of your post, they were both totally unnecessary and baseless.

I didn't read your earlier post and just noticed that someone else said you needed to get off your high horse - wow, what a coincidence.
If you understood how difficult it is ,for any Being, to travel in massive-hostile space you wouldn't care if intelligent life existed elsewhere .

With the fastest man made object ,Voyager probe,traveling just over 100,000mhp, will eventually arrive to the nearest star outside our solar system; in the next 50,000 freakin years. Even radio frequency is affected over time by the vicious pull of gravity. We don't even know what gravity is exactly. And you, like all, are hoping some Being figures it out ;while we happen to be the naïve HOST. Lol

I'm still riding

You are basing all of your scientific limitations on what WE have so far acheived. If there are other races out there (and I believe there are) then, certainly there can be atleast SOME of them much older than us. And being older than us, they would have had more time to learn about science and space and physics and spacetravel, etc. Plus, as I believe has already been mentioned, there are things like wormholes to consider. Steven Hawking suggests that extra-terrestrial beings could create their own wormholes by projecting solar energy to a specific point in space and that by using this they could travel great distances without it taking a bazillion years. If a human with the highest I.Q. on Earth can think up an idea like that, then surely a more advanced and much older civilization from another planet could surely put that idea into action. And, are you forgetting that our human/Earth space program is only a few decades old? Do you really think that that could put us at the pinnacle of all possible spacetravel acheivment?!

That's right ,,,, You believe. Why do you believe? Its definitely not based on facts. Oh that's right: "because there are so many trillions of blue planets out there". Here we go again another ufoer hoping fictional ET is lights years ahead of us. You're on a role bud.

You are right worm holes do exist. They exist in the quantum level though. Anything in the micro particle world is impossible to work in the macro world. I guess Stevie boy forgot to mention that.I suggest you stop listening to scientist on network tv. Humans didn't think of wormholes! We discovered them.

Understand just because you incorrectly mistaken yourself in assuming we think of stuff that doesnt give credibility that other beings are ahead in a fictional space race. Lol,,, you sound like a religious person. Completely delusional.

And did you forget our human/earth space program has hit a wall ,,, oh about 30+ years ago. We can't leave our orbit. You're living a lie if you think we can do better than the apollo missions.

Space travel is impossible. Accept it

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join