It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus, the members only Club, only members allowed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

John 6:27-49
Love for Enemies
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Judging Others
37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

39 He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

A Tree and Its Fruit

43 “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

The Wise and Foolish Builders

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

Luke 10:25-37 The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

What part of this do you not understand? Why do you say lord lord and not do what he says? When will you realize you your neighbor is and go and do likewise? What do I say that would cause anyone to stumble and contradict the message? This is Jesus talking, plainly and easy to understand. If you won’t listen to me listen to him.
edit on 27-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes, but saying that salvation comes from Christ does not preclude love. In fact, if you truly loved your neighbor, you would try to get them to see the truth before they die.

Why do you assume we hate non-Christians? Why are you judging me without knowing what I do in my free time? Simply because we won't water down the truth? Why can't you accept when Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep that it is a position of authority? The simple truth is right in front of you but because you believe that you are the only one filled with the Holy Ghost you are the only one who understands it.
edit on 28-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Yes, but saying that salvation comes from Christ does not preclude love. In fact, if you truly loved your neighbor, you would try to get them to see the truth before they die.

IF Your Neighbour refused to see your "truth", would you still give that neighbour what they asked for?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Pray for them, and hope God some day fills with grace to perceive the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Pray for them, and hope God some day fills with grace to perceive the truth.

You didn't answer my question...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
We would have to pray for them. If they go to hell because we didn't warn them it is bad for us. If they still go to hell after we warn them I think it's their own fault.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Let me rephrase the question...

If someone you were preaching your "truth" to refused to accept what you were telling them... Yet still was asking something of you... would you give him what he asked for?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yes, I would give him what he asks for because Jesus said to give freely and forgive freely.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Now was that so hard to say?

Just pokin at your heart my friend...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by 547000

I thought you were asking "if people did not want the truth" would you give them lies, which I wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Why do you assume we hate non-Christians? Why are you judging me without knowing what I do in my free time? Simply because we won't water down the truth? Why can't you accept when Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep that it is a position of authority? The simple truth is right in front of you but because you believe that you are the only one filled with the Holy Ghost you are the only one who understands it.

I am not assuming anything. You truly believe that non Christians are going to hell. Unless you have changed your mind. And if you have I would love to know what you believe now. As long as you think this love is not in your heart for your neighbor, who is the Samaritan. This is how I know and you should know that there is something wrong with what you believe.

I am trying to show you through scripture how you are missing the point of the New Testament. If you could just accept that Christ is in all, you would be able to open up your eyes and see. Then you would be able to love your neighbor free from judgment. This is love. Fear does not lead to love.

Even if Peter was put in a position of authority, this does not mean that the Catholic Church is that authority. Anyone can claim authority but we must test them against scripture to know if they are. The Catholic Church fails this test. Why do you refuse to test your church? The bible tells you to do this.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by 547000

I thought you were asking "if people did not want the truth" would you give them lies, which I wouldn't.

But you tell people things that directly contradict Christ, because you have believed the traditions of men. I know you don’t intend on lying to anyone, but you continue to refuse to do what the bible clearly tells you to do. Test your teachers against the bible. If you are unwilling to do what the bible says how can you know if you are telling anyone the truth?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The bible teaches the Church is the pillar of truth, that Peter was the rock, to listen to authority, and that it is possible to misread scripture to you own destruction. It also teaches that we must eat Jesus' flesh and drink His blood to abide in Him and Him in us.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Retracted in light of current posts...

edit on 28-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I am not assuming anything. You truly believe that non Christians are going to hell. Unless you have changed your mind. And if you have I would love to know what you believe now. As long as you think this love is not in your heart for your neighbor, who is the Samaritan. This is how I know and you should know that there is something wrong with what you believe.

I am trying to show you through scripture how you are missing the point of the New Testament. If you could just accept that Christ is in all, you would be able to open up your eyes and see. Then you would be able to love your neighbor free from judgment. This is love. Fear does not lead to love.

Even if Peter was put in a position of authority, this does not mean that the Catholic Church is that authority. Anyone can claim authority but we must test them against scripture to know if they are. The Catholic Church fails this test. Why do you refuse to test your church? The bible tells you to do this.

Why are you ignoring the verses I gave you. Do you think that, maybe, you are the one misreading scripture?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did reply towards the end of page 1.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by 547000

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did reply towards the end of page 1.

John 3:36

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Do you even know what his flesh and blood are?

His flesh is the word, which you must read.

His blood is the Holy Spirit that washes you from your sin by Grace?

I read or listen to his words almost everyday for hours. I am in prayer all day constantly asking what the spirit wants me to do.

The lords supper is good to do but it is not required for salvation.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I don't think you understand what they are. Jesus did not tell people "hey, I was being figurative, come back" when people left in disgust.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Yes and I showed you what that verse meant. Based on what you say you believe Hitler is more likely to be in heaven than Gandhi. How can you not see this is a problem, and this is not love?

Christ lives in you and you must listen to him. I agree. But not all have to believe in the bible. Just because someone does not believe that the bible is the truth and that Christ is in them does not mean they do not believe the message from Christ that is in them. God is love, if one knows love and follows love they are listening to God. They have believed the message on their hearts.
edit on 28-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join