It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's already begun?The reverse of the Magnetic Poles.Sun and Earth.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

It seems you don't speak English very well, but that's no excuse to believe you can see the future. You have posted no proof, only theory. Theory of thing that are connected (to you) and have jumped onto the 2012 bandwagon. This isn't an insult by the way
It's a plea
Get help
Or stop trying to lure the gullible into your baseless acopalyptic ramblings
There's nothing wrong with believing your own theories, but get some hard evidence before pushing those theories onto people that will relentlessly and objectively scrutinize you
You have no sympathy from me on the insults you have received, you went off half cocked

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

TextJoint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity SDF Number 023 Issued at 2200Z on 23 Jan 2012 IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 22/2100Z to 23/2100Z: Solar activity reached high levels. Region 1402 (N28W36) produced a long-duration M8/2b flare at 23/0359Z. Associated with this event were multi-frequency radio emissions spanning 25 MHz through 15.4 GHz including a 5100 sfu Tenflare. SOHO/LASCO observed an asymmetric, full-halo CME, first observed in C2 imagery at 27/0412Z as a bright halo over the northern hemisphere. Model output suggests potential Earth impact midday on 24 January. Region 1402 showed some umbral separation in the large leader spot. Region 1401 (N16W39) produced a C1/Sf at 23/2011Z. The remainder of the disk was quiet and stable.
source(solarham.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You have presented no evidence to suggest this is the case. Furthermore, you have not even proven a connection between geomagnetic pole reversals and the solar maximum. Even if you could prove that it in no way suggests that a geomagnetic pole reversal would occur this year seeing as how the solar maximum will not occur until next year and it will be the weakest one we've seen since 1928. It's also worth mentioning once again that geomagnetic pole reversals occur over thousands of years. They don't occur all of a sudden. So, your baseless claim that a geomagnetic pole reversal will occur this year flies in the face of science.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Why do you keep posting about this M8 flare? It's insignificant. Back in 1989 Earth was hit by an X15 and an X20 class solar flare. Guess what? Very little happened. The geomagnetic pole certainly didn't flip. So why the emphasis on a simple M8 class flare?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Why do you keep posting about this M8 flare

This is the strongest proton event in about 7 years.
And is the beginning of the year.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well looking at solar proton events it looks like the greatest effect they have is potentially causing ionization of the ionosphere which can disrupt radio transmissions that propagate through the ionosphere. They aren't even capable of producing geomagnetic storms. So once again, what is your point with all of this?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Oh, there was just a 3.0 earthquake, you were right it's all gonna end, we are all going to die!!!! I know it's not a 7.0 or 8.0, but it happened at the beginning of the year so it is irrefutable proof that science is wrong

That's just how your reply sounded tome

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I'd like to hear more about Jupiter swapping poles. tells more, thanks.

Got a link also?

Jupiter and its moon Io create a huge energy as they pull on each other. This causes Jupiter to become a natural microwave radio station in the solar system. It emits +2 Trillion watts of microwaves, emitting more than our STAR!

The Sun being more energetic since 1996 has been blowing massive amounts of energy at Io which caused it to spew out more gasses to feed Jupiters energy system. She's emitting more than +2 Trillions watts right now. The airline turbulance you're hearing about...sounds in the atmosphere...weird weather...

Are all Jupiter emitting massive microwaves at Earth. She's also been spinning up asteroids in the asteroid belt and causing havoc there.

The Trumpets have sounded.....Jupiter's going to flip her poles. She's hyper charged and the thing that is causing our Star to go nutz right now is going to make Jupiter flip its magnetic poles.

My personal theory on 2012.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not too worried. I've experienced solar flares before. What's really going to happen that would be so awful? I remember the time the solar flare knocked out all the ATM's, it was a minor inconvenience. Then there some interesting anomalies, like earlier today around four pm I was listening to WWVA on the radio. I'm about 580 miles north of there. Normally Wheeling comes in real good at night, but never during the daytime.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

You have presented no evidence to suggest this is the case. Furthermore, you have not even proven a connection between geomagnetic pole reversals and the solar maximum. Even if you could prove that it in no way suggests that a geomagnetic pole reversal would occur this year seeing as how the solar maximum will not occur until next year and it will be the weakest one we've seen since 1928. It's also worth mentioning once again that geomagnetic pole reversals occur over thousands of years. They don't occur all of a sudden. So, your baseless claim that a geomagnetic pole reversal will occur this year flies in the face of science.

Your posts have been very useful tnx. But is it true that during these incremental changes of the Earth's geomagnetic pole shift our magnetosphere is [a little] more vulnerable to solar storms?.
Also if the last "super storm" occured in 1859 how can they say it happens every 100 or 200 years?As if people back in 1660 thought " Good lord that was a lot of radiation from that Sun burst! "

p.s I really like Kaku but sometimes he is a bit too enthusiastic about earthquakes and solar flares and more doomsday stories..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm in Australia and we won't have any trouble here ... reason being that our new carbon tax will prevent any nasty effects this might have had on us!

We bow and thank our pm for saving us from otherwise imminent disaster

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I think everyone needs to clam down.. there will be nothing to see.. no spectaular light show,,, maybe just some swamp gas... but nothing significant....

have a good night everyone

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Well looking at solar proton events it looks like the greatest effect they have is potentially causing ionization of the ionosphere which can disrupt radio transmissions that propagate through the ionosphere. They aren't even capable of producing geomagnetic storms. So once again, what is your point with all of this?

He has a headache and it's the start of the year! Never in my life have I seen such compelling scientific evidence!

IRM

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IFeelForty

the sky is falling would of been a more appropiate post, thing is this , if something happens that kills us all instantly, no one will know , and no one will mourn our passing, it would probally hurt alot of peope less emotionally than death the way we know it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Originally posted by chr0naut
He is probably referring to the Time Cube

What the?
? Wow! MAN! WOW! AND WHY!?

Do NOT click link.
edit on 24-1-2012 by ColCurious because: ETA

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sorry OP but could you explain me those graphs/charts you have provided on the first page?
It seems like the bottom ones have been made by copying the same picture throughout the graph.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

We don't know how to live. We don't know how to care. We don't connect with animals anymore. We're ever indulgent monster consumers. Nature won't allow us to be this way for long.

Everyone knows it but they won't say it. They'll only admit it when it's too late.

Everything we have is going to be taken away from us until we learn to be true to ourselves.

-I- don't want the world to end. It's the combined feeling of all humanity. It's not my doing.
edit on 23-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Yeah those damn dinosaurs, didn't connect with nature anymore and nature said NO. Get a grip, everybody i know is living, caring and generally have pets they take care of. If you want to be "true" the way nature intended, go live in a cave, naked and when you find a suitable female partner, hit her over the head with a rock.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
To the poster who was curious about how the sun overshadows the earth...

xkcd.com...

It's not magnetic, but you get the idea of just how much of an influence it has on our universe.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

They're refering to the Z-axis of the milky-way galaxy. In graphing 2d coordinates, you have x,y (length, width) and then by adding on the third dimension of z you're also adding the "z-axis" of height too. In traversing the z-axis our solar system will be flying from the south-pole to the north pole of the milky way galaxy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

TextA solar eruption is followed by a one-two-three punch, said Antti Pulkkinen, a physicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland and Catholic University. 'The whole volume of space between here and Jupiter is just filled with protons and you just don't get rid of them like that' Doug Biesecker, physicist First comes electromagnetic radiation, followed by radiation in the form of protons. Then, finally the coronal mass ejection - that's the plasma from the sun itself - hits. Usually that travels at about 1 or 2 million miles per hour, but this storm is particularly speedy and is shooting out at 4 million miles per hour, Mr Biesecker said. Plasma causes much of the noticeable problems on Earth, such as electrical grid outages. In 1989, a solar storm caused a massive blackout in Quebec. It can also pull the northern lights further south. But this coronal mass ejection seems likely to be only moderate, with a chance for becoming strong, Mr Biesecker said. The worst of the storm is likely to go north of Earth. Flame-like: This image shows an M3.2 solar flare captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory. An earth-directed coronal mass ejection - plasma from the sun - was associated with the solar flare And unlike last October, when a freak solar storm caused auroras to be seen as far south as Alabama, the northern lights aren't likely to dip too far south this time, Mr Biesecker said. Parts of New England, upstate New York, northern Michigan, Montana and the Pacific Northwest could see an aurora but not until Tuesday evening, he said. 'We haven't had anything like this for a number of years. It's kind of special' Antti Pulkkinen For the past several years the sun had been quiet. Part of that was the normal calm part of the sun's 11-year cycle of activity. Last year, scientists started to speculate that the sun was going into an unusually quiet cycle that seems to happen maybe once a century or so. Now that super-quiet cycle doesn't seem as likely, Mr Biesecker said. Scientists watching the sun with a new NASA satellite launched in 2010 - during the sun's quiet period - are excited. ‘We haven't had anything like this for a number of years,’ Mr Pulkkinen said. ‘It's kind of special.’ See video here Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... qqIL85
source(www.dailymail.co.uk... Earth

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join