It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Ignore Judge’s Ruling To Appear In Court Over Eligibility Hearing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by r3axion

Oh, AWESOME! He's setting PRECEDENT! This must mean that WE can just not show up when ordered!

Right?

Well, We'll see if He is arrested for contempt... I guess I got excited prematurely.

Unfortunately his precedent will probably only apply to Presidents.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Let me explain the nuts of the bailout problem;

Back when the Glass-Steagall Act, which was authored by two democrats namely Carter Glass (D-VA) and Henry Steagall (D-AL) was still in effect, (1933 thru 1999) commercial banks and investment banks were kept separate and it worked pretty good for 66 years. Provisions of the act that prevented a bank holding company from owning other financial companies were repealed on Nov. 12, 1999 by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which was authored by three republicans namely Phil Gramm (R-TX), Jim Leach (R-Iowa) and Tomas Bliley Jr. (R-VA) which served as the catalyst for banking implosion that led to the financial collapse.

Once that happened, we had no choice other than to bail them out because now the same banks that are holding your money were also the at the mercy of the ones going bust. If the big banks went bust, so did you and everybody else in America and we would be welcoming in the second great depression.

Just because the "people" didn't approve of the bailout doesn't mean that they weren't necessary, it only means the the "people" didn't grasp the entirety of the situation. I didn't like the bailouts any more than you did but I do understand what would have happened had they not occurred and I assure you that you would have liked it even less. Yet the republican party can't seem to pass up the chance to advocate for more de-regulation at every opportunity, Go figure!

Can't have those pesky regulations preventing the major corporations from setting America's taxpayers up for their next rape session now can we?

edit on 23-1-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by r3axion

He could start with undoing all the idiotic # set in place....like bailouts for example....

Maybe you could explain just how one goes about "undoing the bailouts." Especially when the first 350 million dollars was given out by the Bush administration without any requirements of accountability. Why do you think Elizabeth Warren answered "I don't know" when ask by the congressional commission, where did the money go? Kinda like trying to undo a bank heist, easier said than done.

So go ahead, tell me how to "undo" the bailouts.

Perhaps we can't undo the bailouts, but we CAN undo: Communist Obama care, continued multi-trillion deficit spending, farcicle foreign policy, countless Constitution-violating laws, etc... The list goes on and on and on and on and on. Obama = NO MORE YEARS!

SM2

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

sub·poe·na/səˈpēnə/
Noun:
A writ ordering a person to attend a court: "they were all under subpoena to appear"

It's an order to appear.

Ignoring = Contempt of court = Bench warrant for failure to appear = arrest & jail.

...for a normal person.
edit on 23-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

two things can happen if he does in fact ignore the summons. First he will be held in contempt and a bench warrant issued. That means if he comes to georgia for anything, he can be arrested on site. The bench warrant is only really good in the jurisdiction it is issued in..generally speaking. Secondly, failure to appear will automatically enter a decision against him relating to the case. In this particular case, it would essentially mean, that no, his father was not a citizen, therefore he could not be a natural born citizen, therefore can not be the president and because of that, can not be on the Georgia Presidential ballot for 2012.

This particular case has nothing to do with removing him from office or throwing him in jail, its all about keeping out of the Presidential election come November. Him not showing would remove him from the ballot period end of story, no Barack Obama as a candidate in the state of georgia and even write ins would not be counted as he would be declared not eligible to hold the office. Now, the really interesting thing is, it would set a precedent for others to file the same sort of case against him.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

They must have put the wrong name on the subpoena

Well they just used the one on his birth ce.... waaaait a second.
What a crafty bastard.

This makes me so sick. It's not like he is doing anything except campaigning.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It would be,if it is something he could be impeached for, that is the thing, then he would have to show up.
So yea, he won't show up for a jay walking ticket, but a question of being impeached, is a whole other thing.

He will have to show up sooner or later, the question is if he is a valid President or a " Bogus Potus"

Spell check please, I don't have time to tend to such trivial things.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Perhaps we can't undo the bailouts, but we CAN undo: Communist Obama care, continued multi-trillion deficit spending, farcicle foreign policy, countless Constitution-violating laws, etc... The list goes on and on and on and on and on. Obama = NO MORE YEARS!

I doubt seriously that you're going to undo any of those things with any of the candidates currently vying to replace the President. The only thing I see them promising is more of what got us into this situation in the first place. More deregulation, more wars and more tax cuts for the wealthy, that should fix everything.

Furthermore, the only thing that's going "on and on and on and on" is the constant spewing of hatred for our President from the radical right wing movement. Of course there's a very good reason for that; The truth sells itself but lies must be repeated over and over again until gullible people start believing in them.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
Can the court privately hire someone to rein him in and haul his ass to court?
edit on 23/1/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

Call Stewart Rhodes. Maybe him and his buddies will meet Barry in Vegas, and haul him back to GA.

Executive privilege???

Ok, let him play a round of blackjack first.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Exactly, by his no show hes committed political suicide, plus sealed his arrest fate in that state

its too bad other states, especially California hasn't followed suit, because it would show the rest of the country and the world the true meaning of, WE ARE SERIOUS and we Care who the hell you are Mr. WHOEVER/OBAMA

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He probably sat down with his legal team and decided he had nothing to gain by going. He does not have the goods. Everything to lose if he shows up without the goods. Intention is to minimize credibility of the trial.

Those people are just a bunch of racist hicks or whatever derogatory terms he chooses. Blame the people for being ignorant, or biased.

If he blows it off, he just has to stay out of GA. And if they leave him off the ballot it is no great shakes. He would not win GA anyway.

And, I doubt this will change anyone's mind. We have all pretty much made up our minds.

But I hope they do leave him off the ballot, they should... I bet they do.

Quote from event last year...remember

After sparking a firestorm of criticism from Nevada's elected officials for suggesting that people saving money for college shouldn't blow it in Las Vegas, Obama told U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in a letter that he wasn't saying anything negative about Las Vegas.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Was scheduled before he knew about Georgia trial decision on quash.
2nd source for Vegas story dated 18 JAN

By Karoun Demirjian
Wed, Jan 18, 2012 (10:16 a.m.)
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will visit Las Vegas next week, on a five-stop swing through the West and Midwest.

Obama will be arriving in Las Vegas on Wednesday, Jan. 25 and stay overnight, departing on Thursday, Jan. 26. No further details about the trip were immediately available, except that the president’s visit — like Vice President Joe Biden’s visit to Reno’s Galena High School on Thursday to talk about college affordability — is official White House business.

edit on 23-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What will be the line for us? when will we say enough? I've posted this before and I really can't believe we haven't revolted yet. I'm ready..all I need is for the first domino to fall. King Obama will be dethroned.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Just had to reply with how much I agree with you.

The bottom line when you cut through all the BS stop beating around the bush and acknowledge the foundation of our society for what it is, is nothing more than mafiosa organized crime made "legal".

A select few state sanctioned crime sindicates capable enforcing the law by breaking the law. The justification being "they are acting on the behalf of everyone's safety and security."

Part of me believes that as law enforcement agencies battled with organized crime they had a daunting realization that they won't win and ogranized crim just cant be beat. When you can't beat em, join em.

the FBI case files on organized crime probably look an aweful lot like a "Organized Crime" for dummies book. They took notes and started adopting the same games the criminals palyed because it was unbeatable.

Lets draw some parallels between the way organized crime works and how law enforcement works.

Kidnapping (incarceration) - check
Holding for ransom (bail) - check
Solicitation for "protection" (taxes funding police agencies) - check

If refusal to pay for protection you will be reminded of why you need the protection via fearmongering propaganda with constant evening and nighly news reminders of exactly how afraid you should be and how increasingly "relevant" police are.

Law enforcement has a monopoly on "problem solving". People cannot solve their own problems/issues anymore as the process of doing so turns THEM into the criminal because of laws that make it illegal to do anything but be completely dependant on the police department. They have deemed your response to problems are in almost all cases illegal and the only "authority" who can comit those kind of crimes are the state sanction thugs in uniform.

So its not that the moral or ethical high ground is what is justifying law enforcement and laws...as they are constantly broken, abused, and shoved aside at the whim of "authority"

its that having a monopoly on anything is benefisial to control, authority, and power the trinity by which we all live by.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

I thank you for pointing out this little "fact" to the Obama haters posting in this thread. I swear, if the republicans weren't so ignorant, they'd be dangerous. And to think that they get offended when articles like this one make the cover of Newsweek. Go figure!

Sorry it took me awhile to respond here...but just for the record I am a Republican, but also someone who sees the facts whee they stand. Just because I nay be a conservative, and not agree with everything the POTUS says or does, it doent change the facts here. After all as an American citizen, the President is my President, whether I voted for him or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
I'm ready..all I need is for the first domino to fall. King Obama will be dethroned.

The question is are you willing to be the first domino?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
I'm ready..all I need is for the first domino to fall. King Obama will be dethroned.

The question is are you willing to be the first domino?

I like this a lot
....and I might be.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by r3axion

Oh, AWESOME! He's setting PRECEDENT! This must mean that WE can just not show up when ordered!

Right?

Well, We'll see if He is arrested for contempt... I guess I got excited prematurely.

Unfortunately his precedent will probably only apply to Presidents.

He is Our servant. If it applies to Him, it applies to Us overlords.

Well... That's how it SHOULD be, eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Barack Obama says "The constitution, laws? HA HA I AM THE LAW"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaintdead
reply to post by Bilder

Officially, the most powerful man in the world is the Chinese President Hu Jintao, according to Forbes. But it changes and sometimes Obama pops back up to number one place. I think the Chinese president is the most powerful if you consider the influence China has over the USA economically (which is what power really is).

Anyway, what might happen if Obama doesn't show up? Is there any law regarding presidents and court orders?

Or can Obama just do whatever he wants without consequence.

What it means is Obama won't be on the presidental ballot in that state.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
Can the court privately hire someone to rein him in and haul his ass to court?
edit on 23/1/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

Anyone who tries to arrest the POTUS will have to get past the SS to get to the POTUS and then past the SS again with the POTUS in custody to bring him to the court in Georgia. Never gonna happen. Anyone who tries will end up in the custody of a US Marshall or worse.
edit on 1/23/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Communist Obamacare?

How is buying private health insurance communist?

Is Obamacare doing away with all private insurance companies and forcing Medicare on everyone?

He didn't even include a public option to compete with private companies. It's the opposite of communist. The only goverment involvement is that it's mandated. It's mandated capitalism.

Wouldn't you think the current state is more communist actually? Where taxpayers fit the bill for those who have no insurance?

I know Obama must equal communist in whatever he does, but the TRUTH is simply that he isn't a communist.
I'll do you one even better. Regardless of what you hear by those who hate Obama, he is neither from Kenya or a devout Muslim. SHOCKING!

edit on 23-1-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join