It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Ignore Judge’s Ruling To Appear In Court Over Eligibility Hearing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I suppose we should all throw common sense out the window just because we're angry at the most powerful man in the United States
reply to post by The Sword

He isn't. The current "can we speed this little speech up" assistant to Obama will be higher on that list than this Illuminati patsy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The most that Judge can do if Obama refuses to show up, is to get Obama removed from Georgia's Election process for the next President. Which doesn't matter anyways.

Maximum punishment for Contempt of Court in Georgia is only a $500 fine or 20 days in jail.

Obama will pay the $500 fine. Case closed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

"Der Fuhrer" eh...
someone has nazi issues.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My gosh, the number of people who need to go back to law school here is astounding. Precident was set long ago (like a couple hundred) on these situations. While in office a President does not have to appear for this kind of situation. End of story.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

So there you have it..... that will in all likelihood take place. But a couple things come to mind... one, that if this state does it, others may follow, and then Obama's continued refusals will wear on the people, interpreting it as the President flaunting and ignoring the law. Not a good PR move. And second, if he does come on down, how much is this going to cost..... 5-10 million dollars, like the costs of all his vacations and travels on Air Force One.

He ain't coming, he will ignore the subpoena, of course, and not comply, but it will give him a black eye. But his legacy as President will always carry that legacy as an arrogant self serving American failure overall.

edit on 24-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxtap

It's not the color for me, it's the fact of his contrary politics, very socalisticly oriented. So give the race card a rest, it ain't working here. Keep that mindset for discussion with your friends in your kitchen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

If he ignores a legal judicial subpoena from the state of Georgia requesting him, by name, to appear in court January 26th 2012, can they put a warrent out for his arrest?

Can you imagine it......

“Mr. Obama, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?”

I would pay money to see an arrest like that. Not only would it make my day, but it would make my LIFE! I can see him now. Sobbing like a little baby when they haul him off!

I have a friend back in Minnesota who is a bounty hunter. He would GLADLY hog tie the guy down to the floor if he had the opportunity. And of course, if he resists arrest, a couple jabs in the rib cage will keep him in line.

I am NOT making ANY threats! If he breaks the law, and doesn't follow thru with his obligation to show up for court, than he will have to pay the consequences for his actions...! HE IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW!

edit on 24-1-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

You are completely clueless. If he doesn't show the MOST that can happen is that he loses his right to be on the ballot. It's not a criminal preceding.

The amount of delusional anti-Obama stuff on this (and every birther thread) is pretty mind-boggling.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
“Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist”
-Propulsion

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

You are completely clueless. If he doesn't show the MOST that can happen is that he loses his right to be on the ballot. It's not a criminal preceding.

The amount of delusional anti-Obama stuff on this (and every birther thread) is pretty mind-boggling.
He is NOT my president, and never was. He has made it clear on numerous occasions that he is above the law. He needs to answer to the American people. And if not, he needs to be removed from power. His ego absolutely astounds me...!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by r3axion

Oh, AWESOME! He's setting PRECEDENT! This must mean that WE can just not show up when ordered!

Right?

Well, We'll see if He is arrested for contempt... I guess I got excited prematurely.

Exactly, gotta love how if you or I failed to show up, we'd have warrants issued for our arrest.

I wish I could cite this as reason enough for me to skip my court date.....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL?! as a lawyer and PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES he going to IGNORE THE RULE OF LAW?! i should expect no less from his HIGHNESS, the man that effectively DECLARED HIMSELF KING.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
No big deal. Leave him off the ballot.

Who's your daddy?

(Jan. 24, 2011) — As heavily invested as some people are in the myth of Obama’s nativity, there is one thing that they absolutely cannot deny, and that is that “Barack Hussein Obama II” looks absolutely nothing like Barack Hussein Obama, Senior. There is not even a hint of a family resemblance between them. That alone should convince skeptics that something is seriously awry with the myths Obama and his sycophants want us to buy into.

Source Huff Post Today Huff Post Story 24JAN2012 here

First Posted: 01/24/2012 10:25 am Updated: 01/24/2012 11:54 am The White House appears prepared to ignore a recent ruling by Georgia Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi that would require President Obama to attend a birther hearing in Fulton County, Ga., on Thursday.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney outlined Barack Obama's weekly agenda on Monday, noting that the president is scheduled to hit Las Vegas, Denver and Detroit on Thursday in a whirlwind tour to talk middle class job creation.

That's not likely to sit well with Malihi, who last week rejected an effort by Obama's legal team to quash a subpoena that would require president appear in court that day. The complaint, like many others of its kind, claims Obama isn't a natural-born citizen and therefore can't be president.

We have a queen.

Birther queen Orly Taitz, who represents one of the complainants, is also likely to be unhappy with the administration's apparent decision to not take Malihi's order seriously.

Over the weekend, Taitz predicted that the hearing would "be 100 times bigger than Watergate."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution spoke with attorney Melvin Goldstein, who is not involved with the case, to get some insight on what might happen if the administration simply turned a blind eye to the court order. While unprecedented, he said Malihi could possibly refer the matter to a Fulton County Superior Court judge, who could then decide whether to enforce the subpoena. If necessary, Goldstein suggested, the judge could hold the president in contempt.

Another story at Paper Cuts

DON’T GET EXCITED–YET – Ga. judge orders president to appear at hearing. Right on cue, a story appears which will keep the Obama eligibility issue in the news. This time, the story’s over whether the President will appear in a Georgia courtroom. A word of caution: don’t get your hopes up. This president hasn’t been held accountable for anything else, why on earth would he pay attention to a Georgia judge?

“An Obama campaign aide says any attempt to involve the president personally will fail and such complaints around the country have no merit.”

Of course, the Obama aide is engaged in rank speculation. None of the dozens of lawsuits filed over Barack Hussein Obama’s eligibility to remain president have EVER been heard on the merits of the case. Obama’s legal machinery has triumphed through a combination of technical issues, threats and superior money power to make the case all go away.

edit on 24-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

edit on 24-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 24-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 24-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badkittie748

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL?! as a lawyer and PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES he going to IGNORE THE RULE OF LAW?! i should expect no less from his HIGHNESS, the man that effectively DECLARED HIMSELF KING.

He is more qualified to be King,

than president...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I actually thought about the precedent set if Obama doesn't show up.

Would that mean I can ignore a bench warrant out for me and choose not to show up too?

And maybe Obama doesn't care if he's found in contempt. Maybe he knows if a default judgment made it so he can't be eligible for election, he can just talk to the 'right guy' and get it ignored.

The lesson here is the President IS above the law.

Now get back to work PEASANTS!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Unless he has made special arrangements with the District Attorney, this is a possible scenario:

So if he doesn’t show up, the judge should sign a warrant and dispatch the State Patrol to go get him, or, find him in default, and not eligible to be on the ballot in Georgia. And if that’s the case, think how many Republican governors would be willing to keep him off their states ballots. I hope that happens, but we do seem to have an overubundance of gutless politicians that are probably too afraid to do the right thing.

Read more: lmliberty.us...

Good luck State Patrol getting pass the Secret Service.

Getting removed from the ballot in GA could have major implications on his re-election chances.

As for the claim of Executive Privilege: (I "bolded" the bottom line of the issue)

As was the case with President Nixon, President Clinton eventually accepted his and his office's place under the rule of law. Since United States v. Nixon, executive branch claims of immunity from the normal processes of the American legal system have been tempered by the fact that the constitutional demands of due process of law and justice are likely to outweigh claims of executive immunity from subpoenas.

Read more: www.answers.com...

And to the guy who said: "Maybe it had the wrong name on it."

edit on 1/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by DanielET
Can the court privately hire someone to rein him in and haul his ass to court?
edit on 23/1/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

Anyone who tries to arrest the POTUS will have to get past the SS to get to the POTUS and then past the SS again with the POTUS in custody to bring him to the court in Georgia. Never gonna happen. Anyone who tries will end up in the custody of a US Marshall or worse.
edit on 1/23/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

Nevertheless, I can't contain my glee at the mental picture I got in my head. Dog the Bounty Hunter grabs Obama and hauls him in, next week on A&E. Oh, how funny that would be!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is a perspective worth reading:

As I’ve recently posted, I still don’t think that Obama will be making a personal appearance in front of Judge Malihi at any time from January 26, 2012 or forward, and I don’t think there’s really a need for that to occur anyway.

I personally agree with attorney Van Irion and his pursuit of this issue: nobody needs Obama to show up in any Court in order to prove he is ineligible for office. There are really technically three ways to make a case against Obama’s eligibility:

Obama’s clear and unequivocal admission that his father was always a Kenyan citizen, coupled with:
Other cases that seem to suggest that natural born citizenship is upheld only with two American (though not necessarily natural-born) citizens; and/or:
Formally presenting Obama’s birth certificate to the Court.
Point number three is the biggy here, in my opinion. In theory, such documentation could then be formally questioned in Court, and a final determination could then be sent back to GA’s SoS.

www.therightsideoflife.com... (posted January 23, 2012)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

....Yeeeep...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Says the guy who thinks propaganda put out by a Russian dentist is legit and meaningful enough to justify physically attack a democratically elected President.

You're def a trustworthy and rational person. I wouldn't trust any birther.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join