It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Ignore Judge’s Ruling To Appear In Court Over Eligibility Hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
President Obama To Ignore Georgia Subpoena And Head To Las Vegas Jan 26th

President Obama plans to head out on a 3 day trip arriving in Las Vegas Wednesday afternoon and staying overnight well into Thursday. That afternoon he will leave for Denver and then Detroit. The president plans to promote his State of the Union address. With this action, President Obama intends to ignore a legal judicial subpoena from the state of Georgia requesting him, by name, to appear in court January 26th 2012 at 9am in Judge Michael Malihi's courtroom.

Well, looks as if King Barry will be above the law once again and ignore a court order. Der Fuhrer can't be bothered with such trivial things as "the law." He has more important Constitutional boundaries to infringe upon, and lies to tell our country! This is honestly sickening. What's it take for this guy to get impeached? Great job, Congress. You're really putting that 11% approval rating to good use.

More official source:
Obama To Travel To Denver After State of The Union

DENVER (CBS4)- President Barack Obama will travel to Colorado as part of a five-state tour after his State of the Union Address.

Mr. Obama will visit the Denver area on Jan. 26. Exact details of his trip such as location and length have not been announced.

edit on 23-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Oh, AWESOME! He's setting PRECEDENT! This must mean that WE can just not show up when ordered!

Right?

Well, We'll see if He is arrested for contempt... I guess I got excited prematurely.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
well then the judge needs to sign a warrant for his arrest, if he ignores it

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Why would he suddenly start following the constitution now,clearly the rule of law is what he says it is after all hes the most powerful man in the world. ( Officially anyway )

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

That's what I'm assuming his actions are inferring.

Who needs the law anyway when you have a country to finish destroying?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Sooner or later we're going to hear the words "Executive Privilege." If he dignifies it with any response at all.

I'd like to be able to drag some of their worthless butts to court for all kinds of things. But it won't happen....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
They must have put the wrong name on the subpoena

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Do you have a better source than that? Sorry, but just doesnt seem like a credible site.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

I'd like to be able to drag some of their worthless butts to court for all kinds of things. But it won't happen....

No that wont happen however i can see a day when their worthless butts are dragged over to the tar and feathers then over to the nearest street lamp for a good old fashioned lynching
Dagnammit its been a while

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Officially, the most powerful man in the world is the Chinese President Hu Jintao, according to Forbes. But it changes and sometimes Obama pops back up to number one place. I think the Chinese president is the most powerful if you consider the influence China has over the USA economically (which is what power really is).

Anyway, what might happen if Obama doesn't show up? Is there any law regarding presidents and court orders?

Or can Obama just do whatever he wants without consequence.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You are right, but here's his schedule on the White House Blog for the SOTU, but I'm gonna keep looking for a more official source.

I wouldn't doubt it though.

Edit:

Obama to travel to Denver after SOTU. From a Denver local CBS.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. This narcissistic scumbag has and still does act above the law. Unilaterally decided to participate in bombing villages, residential areas, schools, & hospitals in Libya. Reigned in Obamacare. Extended the Patriot Act.

Requested, lied about vetoing, and then signed into law the NDAA provision; section 1021. THIS alone is so deplorable I'm amazed there's been no backlash.

Apart from Obummers laundry list of unconstitutional acts; he is a certified pathological liar, possibly psychopathic. Deceived the American people & still is deceiving some. I know there are a few on ATS who will vote for Obama this year, and I'm truly disgusted that anyone could take such a stance. Perhaps when you or one of your loved ones is labeled a suspected terrorist for their dissent, & carted off to a secret torture prison, never to be seen again; maybe then you will realize you were wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The train left not too long ago for most of you calling for him to obey an order from a puny state judge.

He's the PRESIDENT, not a police chief, not a mayor and certainly not a senator!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Ohhh, right, oops I guess we all forgot.

Yes, he's president, NOT king. He is not above the law, even though he likes to act as if he is. Maybe he can sell drugs and rape babies too. After all, he's PRESIDENT, and not some stupid low life American citizen who has to obey any laws.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
what do those who say obama didn't fake is birth certificate and lie his way into office (he did) say about him skipping?

probably "oh, it's such a trumped up charge that he has the right to ignore it". if that becomes standard practice, then there is nothing a president can't do.

the evidence for the birth certificate being fraudulent is incontrovertible. layers don't lie. neither do some letters being black-and-white and others being grey-scale. it can't happen on the same document, let alone words being made up of both. LOL!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

I suppose we should all throw common sense out the window just because we're angry at the most powerful man in the United States.

Newsflash: It's not going to happen.

If Bush and Cheney could get off scot-free, what makes you think that Obama will face any repercussions?

Wake up!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There exists a doctrine calledexecutive privilege.

It states that members f the executive branch, the president and others, can resist certain subpoenas while in office. It has been tested several times and the SCOTUS has upheld the privilege.

One of the earliest examples of this privilege is detailed here:

Thomas Jefferson was the first president to face this problem, and he insisted that the president could not be independent of the judiciary if "he were subject to the commands of the latter" and "if the several courts could bandy him from pillar to post." Similarly, in his Commentaries on the Constitution (1833), Justice Joseph Story concluded that the president must be allowed to perform his duties "without obstruction...accountable only to his country, and to his own conscience."

source

As we can see the Justice Story set the precedent by allwing the resistance of the subpoena by allowing the the POTUS to use his own conscience to make the decision. Obama will not appear in the court and there will be no recourse by the GA judge but to accept this fact. I think the GA judge is only doing this to grab headlines anyway. He knows the privilege exists, and if he doesnt, he will soon.
edit on 23-1-2012 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Honestly I don't care about his obedience to a state judge so much as I care that he's a megalomaniac unleashed. Yea, he's the "PRESIDENT". I don't give a DAMN. I don't respect liars, deceivers, hypocrites, or any power-hungry tyrant who would sign a piece of legislation giving himself power over every other sovereign individual. & That's precisely what the NDAA provision he requested does.

Him being the president does not excuse him from the rule of law; wait.. I suppose it does. Not because of any moral or logical justification. It's because the political and financial elite have enshrined egotism, self-grandeur, & a notion of superiority over all other puny humans...

Yet most of the dumbed down population cares more about the Superbowl than their liberties and freedom.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Wake up?

Rofl you're comparing Obama to Bush and Cheney and you think it's right that he's ignoring the court order. People like you are the reason this country is so #ed up. You're passive on the fact that he is ignoring laws, plain and simple. It's A-OK cause he's the powerful Fuhrer. That's how you justify it.

You aint awake, you're just sleep walking

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

accountable only to his country

this is the part that bothers me. how can someone both be accountable AND above the law?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join