It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Girl Expresses Unimaginable Intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If you think you know what autism is...you need to watch this amazing video which proves autism is not what most doctors and everyone else think it is..

Im so grateful for this family to have a chance to know each other in a way no one believed was possible. Bless them and their journey! May it be an example for others to never give up hope and support! Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I've seen and heard about this girl before. She's pretty amazing.
So sad what she goes through.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

I've seen and heard about this girl before. She's pretty amazing.
So sad what she goes through.

I agree but this sure gives hope to allot of people that have children with autism i had no idea what these kids go through..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
First time I seen that and all I can say is wow. So amazing, yet so confusing at the same time.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This is a story that should be written and shared by all.

An incredible fight for recognition from someone written off as just another statistic or a tragedy.

I truly wish that many will see this and understand that although some cannot speak or show what they feel, there is a soul inside that has a voice that wants to be heard.

Thanks for this.

It's Sunday night and after a long week of dealing with people that believe they are truly the center of the universe, I really needed to remember that none of us are the center but just a piece of the whole.

Carly...If you ever read this, please write your story for all of us. We need to hear it.

You state "We create output to block out input." Believe me when I say that you are not alone in this.

Peace

edit on 23-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
First time I seen that and all I can say is wow. So amazing, yet so confusing at the same time.

Thank you so much for posting...I said wow also i had no idea what went through these kids heads and what i liked the most was the parents never gave up hope,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That's amazing, I could only imagine thinking the way I do now but being locked in a body that I have little to no control over. That was truly heart warming. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

This is a story that should be written and shared by all.

An incredible fight for recognition from someone written off as just another statistic or a tragedy.

I truly wish that many will see this and understand that although some cannot speak or show what they feel, there is a soul inside that has a voice that wants to be heard.

Thanks for this.

It's Sunday night and after a long week of dealing with people that believe they are truly the center of the universe, I really needed to remember that none of us are the center but just a piece of the whole.

Carly...If you ever read this, please write your story for all of us. We need to hear it.

You state "We create output to block out input." Believe me when I say that you are not alone in this.

Peace

edit on 23-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

When i was on utube i came across this video and i thought this is so amazing everyone should watch this..Carly gives us all hope ! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by causeimalive
That's amazing, I could only imagine thinking the way I do now but being locked in a body that I have little to no control over. That was truly heart warming. Thanks.

I thought about that myself having my thoughts and unable to tell anyone what was going on in my head it would be so frustrating..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
To lend support to her cause, you can LIKE her on Facebook (public Figure) here:
Carly Fleischmann Facebook (Public Figure)

She also has a website here:
carlysvoice.com...

Her website has some of her writing and lots of information.

Further, here's her Twitter where she sends out the occasional tweet:
Carly's Voice on Twitter

Give this wonderful girl your support and let other know about her!

edit on 23-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
To lend support to her cause, you can LIKE her on Facebook (public Figure) here:
Carly Fleischmann Facebook (Public Figure)

She also has a website here:
carlysvoice.com...

Her website has some of her writing and lots of information.

Further, here's her Twitter where she sends out the occasional tweet:
Carly's Voice on Twitter

Give this wonderful girl your support and let other know about her!

edit on 23-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the links nineix..Im going to check them out id like to ask her a few questions..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If only all challenged kids had parents as good as Carly's.
Maybe they would have the chance to find their voice.
To think that kid nearly was institutionalized, what a waste that would have been

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I wonder if people would care if it were a boy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I think the story would be just as amazing if it were a boy. The parents were great parents, and I'm sure they would have done the same if their child was a boy. I found your comment odd. Can you elaborate why you feel it would be different?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I think the story would be just as amazing if it were a boy. The parents were great parents, and I'm sure they would have done the same if their child was a boy. I found your comment odd. Can you elaborate why you feel it would be different?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My middle and youngest sons are autistic and both highly intelligent.

The middle son could hear any music, including Vivaldi "Summer" and pick up almost any instrument and play the music back.

The youngest got his GED through the internet and the material while expensive was way better than our local high school.............he finished two years up in less than ten months. Very good in math (like his father who has a degree in Math).

Autistic doesn't mean you've crawled out from under a rock, labeling people is stupid because each person has their own level and type of intelligence.

Very interesting article below from here: en.wikipedia.org...

Suggest going to above link and reading who all is on the list of possibly being autistic.

Albert Einstein (1879–1955), Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) and Isaac Newton (1643–1727) all died before Asperger syndrome became known, but Ioan James,[2] Michael Fitzgerald,[16] and Simon Baron-Cohen[38] believe their personalities are consistent with those of people with Asperger syndrome; Tony Attwood has also named Einstein as a likely case of mild autism.[21]

Newton, when he was 50, suffered a nervous breakdown involving depression and paranoia. After Newton's death however, his body was found to contain massive amounts of mercury, probably from his alchemical pursuits, which could have accounted for his eccentricity in later life.[39]

Tesla was able to mentally picture very detailed mechanisms; spoke 8 languages; was never married; was very sensitive to touch and had an acute sense of hearing and sight; was obsessed with the number three; was disgusted by jewelery and overweight people and also had several eating compulsions [40] [41].

In her 1995 book In a World of His Own: A Storybook About Albert Einstein, author Illana Katz notes that Einstein "was a loner, solitary, suffered from major tantrums, had no friends and didn't like being in crowds".

Source: See above

Another really good article on Einstein and Newton here: www.newscientist.com...

The reason our planet is in the mess it's in is because people always think the person, the jivin Ivin, the one who has the gift of manipulative gab is smart.................often they are in the area of people manipulation but not in seeing the big picture and not in real intelligence, they just smooth talkers.

My husband said he watched time and time again that the ladies all go for the smooth talkers and ended up miserable, being lied to, cheated on, etc..........

Bush Jr. and Reagan come to mind, in my opinion, they both were not very bright individuals - but they both had and still have a huge following.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've actually followed her for some time via facebook and her blog. I truly believe that her story needs to reach more families of autistic children. Too many families have given up and look only to big pharma to fix things.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]This video was absolutely amazing. My son is slightly autistic and does some of the behaviors mentioned in the video.

I have never understood why he flaps his hands until now. He is only four and a half, and he can talk but can't put his emotions into words very well.

I get it now.

Thank you.
edit on 23-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wow, that video blew me away. Bless her heart.

It just goes to show that we really have no idea what goes on inside a person and that what we see on the outside is absolutely no indication of what goes on in the inside.

Just because someone or something (animals included) doesn't communicate and behave the way an able bodied human does, doesn't mean it/he/she has no feelings, intelligence or awareness.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I wonder if autistic kids are actually geniuses whose higher brain functions are so advanced that it screws around with the primitive neuron connections...similar to a Model T with a fusion-powered jet engine under the hood.

Advanced technology powering primitive structures naturally result in meltdowns and malfunctions. Perhaps this is what autism is about?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join