It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Girl Expresses Unimaginable Intelligence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Very good video. She may be the key to solving this horrible decease.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If only all challenged kids had parents as good as Carly's.
Maybe they would have the chance to find their voice.
To think that kid nearly was institutionalized, what a waste that would have been

I agree Carly's parents never gave up they saw something in her and kept going with all they could do ..Carly's parents said they wouldn't have her institutionalized but others kept saying that might be best.peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I wonder if people would care if it were a boy.

Alyssa, I don't understand your statement at all im sure her parents would have done everything that could have even if they had a boy ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by sugarcookie1

My middle and youngest sons are autistic and both highly intelligent.

The middle son could hear any music, including Vivaldi "Summer" and pick up almost any instrument and play the music back.

The youngest got his GED through the internet and the material while expensive was way better than our local high school.............he finished two years up in less than ten months. Very good in math (like his father who has a degree in Math).

Autistic doesn't mean you've crawled out from under a rock, labeling people is stupid because each person has their own level and type of intelligence.

Very interesting article below from here: en.wikipedia.org...

Suggest going to above link and reading who all is on the list of possibly being autistic.

Albert Einstein (1879–1955), Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) and Isaac Newton (1643–1727) all died before Asperger syndrome became known, but Ioan James,[2] Michael Fitzgerald,[16] and Simon Baron-Cohen[38] believe their personalities are consistent with those of people with Asperger syndrome; Tony Attwood has also named Einstein as a likely case of mild autism.[21]

Newton, when he was 50, suffered a nervous breakdown involving depression and paranoia. After Newton's death however, his body was found to contain massive amounts of mercury, probably from his alchemical pursuits, which could have accounted for his eccentricity in later life.[39]

Tesla was able to mentally picture very detailed mechanisms; spoke 8 languages; was never married; was very sensitive to touch and had an acute sense of hearing and sight; was obsessed with the number three; was disgusted by jewelery and overweight people and also had several eating compulsions [40] [41].

In her 1995 book In a World of His Own: A Storybook About Albert Einstein, author Illana Katz notes that Einstein "was a loner, solitary, suffered from major tantrums, had no friends and didn't like being in crowds".

Source: See above

Another really good article on Einstein and Newton here: www.newscientist.com...

The reason our planet is in the mess it's in is because people always think the person, the jivin Ivin, the one who has the gift of manipulative gab is smart.................often they are in the area of people manipulation but not in seeing the big picture and not in real intelligence, they just smooth talkers.

My husband said he watched time and time again that the ladies all go for the smooth talkers and ended up miserable, being lied to, cheated on, etc..........

Bush Jr. and Reagan come to mind, in my opinion, they both were not very bright individuals - but they both had and still have a huge following.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

ofhumandescent..I never said that autistic doesn't mean you've crawled out from under a rock, labeling people is stupid because each person has their own level and type of intelligence. I would never say that i have a illness since birth and ive only got a 9th grade education your children have gone further in school then me i don't label anyone stupid but ive been told that a few times from people over the years and it hurts..
Thank you for the links i will be sure to read them..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuantumAnomaly
I've actually followed her for some time via facebook and her blog. I truly believe that her story needs to reach more families of autistic children. Too many families have given up and look only to big pharma to fix things.

I agree i think allot of families think a pill will cure all or just give up and place them in group homes i think her family has to be admired they never gave up hope for there girl..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]This video was absolutely amazing. My son is slightly autistic and does some of the behaviors mentioned in the video.

I have never understood why he flaps his hands until now. He is only four and a half, and he can talk but can't put his emotions into words very well.

I get it now.

Thank you.
edit on 23-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

daryllyn,I thought the video was amazing also im happy it help you understand what is going on with your son ..thanks for posting,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Wow, that video blew me away. Bless her heart.

It just goes to show that we really have no idea what goes on inside a person and that what we see on the outside is absolutely no indication of what goes on in the inside.

Just because someone or something (animals included) doesn't communicate and behave the way an able bodied human does, doesn't mean it/he/she has no feelings, intelligence or awareness.

KatieVA, I agree with everything you stated in your post i hope this helps people to see everyone has feelings, intelligence and awareness no matter who they are ..thanks for posting,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I wonder if autistic kids are actually geniuses whose higher brain functions are so advanced that it screws around with the primitive neuron connections...similar to a Model T with a fusion-powered jet engine under the hood.

Advanced technology powering primitive structures naturally result in meltdowns and malfunctions. Perhaps this is what autism is about?

Starchild23, Im not sure about any of what you asked but ofhumandescent gave some good links to check out for more info..But what you stated makes alot of sense to me..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Fantastic Story......Carly is truly inspiring but being a parent also I would have to say her parents are equally inspiring for never giving up on her and having the patience they did to help their daughter.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Very good video. She may be the key to solving this horrible decease.

Im sure its giving DR's a better insite to what's going on and i hope this is the key to maybe solving what this decease is about..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Carly's parents a very inspiring i think alot of parents would have just gave up but they stayed by her side and gave there all to help their daughter ..thank you for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This warms my heart so much! I really wonder if this is isolated to her or if she's just the first one to be able to explain it the way she does. Either way I think she's changing the world by changing how we look at autistic people. I think she should have an educational video that schools with special needs kids show the other children. It would show kids who might not understand these things that there is much more than you can see going on behind the scenes. Kinda like a motivational speaker only in video form since it obviously hurts physically when her sensory gets overwhelmed. Kudos to the parents who did't give up and saw something most other people would have written off as their own imagination or wishful thinking.
S&F OP

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Having watched this (through watery eyes) I think its time ALL autistic children should be placed near a computer that teaches how to spell while they watch...then we hope they have enough control to type back.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is another great story.

I think the way brain development works is if you're underdeveloped in one part, you are over developed in another.

I am no expert but I know a few things about "Rainman" and other autistic geniuses.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this video. It was one of the most interesting, heartfelt and inspiring videos I've seen in a while. To think these kids have no way in communicating what they're feeling physically and mentally is really sad. To think this young girl can now help parents of autistic kids understand their mannerisms, physical and mental pain their experiencing. She could also help doctors and researchers in the future eliminate the pain and possibly help manage their mental disabilities. Star and Flag

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm definitely buying her novel. I found it especially interesting to hear about how she experiences an overload of sensory input. Perhaps this is akin to an evolutionary step up only the human body in its current state simply cannot handle the surplus of information that it receives from its surrounding environment? It's times like these that reinforce the fact (for me, at least) that we still know so little about ourselves and the world that we inhabit.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No, with many of your post I would judge you quite smart.

And I apologize if I didn't come across correctly. I just meant that sometimes people (a lot not all and not you), mainly scientists and professionals like to slap nice tidy labels on people.

Everyone is a unique individual and we all have our strong and weak points.

I found a bunch of really good You Tube films on Autism below, there are several more at this site that address Autism.

His You Tube Site is called ultrawellness.

And yes, he's probably selling stuff but his talking about Mercury makes sense.

My husband grew up in between a coal yard and a train yard.

I grew up in a inner city and loved to rub the walls because they felt like sandpaper.........probably had lead base paint.

Back when my three sons were born, if you had a Autistic child they told you it was due to bad mothering.

I held, talked, sang and loved my three sons like crazy. They never knew what white bread was (we made whole wheat bread on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, can't remember now so long ago, they would help).

Again, sorry if I came across rude, didn't mean too.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Now, carly has said some VERY interesting things, regarding her......"Illness". I put it in quotes because while she's behaving in a way that average people see as "special/retarded", She actually mentioned the actions she does, as a counterbalance to what she experiences.

The most amazing thing, is what she described as a sensory overload. she's totally conscious of the fact that she takes up to 1k mental snapshots of the face of the people that she sees, her awareness of each and every conversation or sound and seemingly the, the ability to note the (and i'm paraphrasing) ingredients/scents she encounters. it's as though, in the body of the autistic person, what we do on a subconscious level, is brought out with them, consciously.

It seems as though they(or directly, in her case) Every thought or impulse is forced to the front of the mind, or into being.....where as "average" people have a keen separation between the conscious/subconscious mind. Thats fascinating...albeit alarming. basically it seems as though she perceives EVERYTHING.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Nice little post. Knowing what we now know because of this little girl maybe we should take a lot more notice of them. She gives me the impression that nothing is filtered, unlike us so-called normals who've been modified.

I really felt for the parents when they realised she understood what they used to say in front of her. Even made me cringe, lord knows how they must feel.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

This warms my heart so much! I really wonder if this is isolated to her or if she's just the first one to be able to explain it the way she does. Either way I think she's changing the world by changing how we look at autistic people. I think she should have an educational video that schools with special needs kids show the other children. It would show kids who might not understand these things that there is much more than you can see going on behind the scenes. Kinda like a motivational speaker only in video form since it obviously hurts physically when her sensory gets overwhelmed. Kudos to the parents who did't give up and saw something most other people would have written off as their own imagination or wishful thinking.
S&F OP

Thank you for posting PutAQuarterIn,I'm not sure if she is the first to explain what she is going through ..I would think after this video they should set up computers so these kids can learn to maybe communicate what there feeling depending on how bad the Autism is i don't think it would work for all but then again i just don't know ..I'm hopeing that parents all over the world will see this video and see a huge ray of hope for there kids ..peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join