It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here thinks (CI)Anon is really just a ploy to criminalize the internet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Who here thinks (CI)Anon is really just a ploy to criminalize the internet?

SOPA,PIPA, and other marxist legislation/laws just makes it even simpler.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Really, what difference does it make anymore. It is painfully obvious to me that the government and TPTB just do whatever they want, whenever they want, and there's not a damn thing any of us can do about it. If you want to believe that Anonymous is a trap, well... maybe they are. If so, we're all screwed. If not, at least there's people out there trying to make a difference, even if it does mean they'll be taken to an undisclosed location, without trial, imprisoned, tortured, and in all likelihood, killed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is a theory worth examining. It definitely would explain their lack of effectiveness. I mean seriously. Denial of service on public sites is the best they can do???? Why not take billions away from the bankers and put it to good use? Why not erase all mortgage and tax records? Why not take down the fed or the irs? It is definitely a possibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. I was just thinking about that last night. This is a reverse fear-mongering ploy. They are now truly generating "faceless, nameless threats," who can ensnare you in their "terrorism" unbeknownst to you.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Ok, so,do you have any proofs?
Seriously .?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Anonymous is not an organisation in the traditional sense, it has no leader, no heirarchy, no control. Anyone can make a stand under anonymous which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It could be anyone from your next-door neighbour, a kid locked in his parents basement, the head of a corporation, to some shady federal agent.

I think it goes without saying that there will be some government intervention to discredit them, especially since they are so well known in mainstream, but the vast majority of people behind anonymous are simply sick and tired of the status-quo and are looking to defend freedoms and expose corruption.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp

Ok, so,do you have any proofs?
Seriously .?
Likely not. It is a hypothesis that does explain a lot about them though. They have done NOTHING to actually harm TPTB. So, his hypothesis does have at least some merit.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
We're actually doing something about all the negative things (not just the internet) and now we're the creation of the CIA and are blamed for censorship etc?

Let's say that we've developed our own agency that actually serves the people and not the TPTB.

Oh, change "we" into "Anon" plz.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattC
but the vast majority of people behind anonymous are simply sick and tired of the status-quo and are looking to defend freedoms and expose corruption.
So why don't they take real, concrete actions to do that? Imagine all of BofA's internal emails getting published online for all to read. There is so much they could do, but they don't.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are people here who think Ron Paul is also not who he says he is. It seems there are no good guys anymore. Maybe there never was. If so... just hand me the cyanide.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
There are people here who think Ron Paul is also not who he says he is. It seems there are no good guys anymore. Maybe there never was. If so... just hand me the cyanide.
That is not the answer. THE answer is 1776.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
So why don't they take real, concrete actions to do that? Imagine all of BofA's internal emails getting published online for all to read. There is so much they could do, but they don't.

To coin a poker phrase, some people "slow play their aces". Why reveal all before ensuring every trinket of information is mined out of them. The problem is once passwords, emails, etc are published to the world the security is immediately tightened and the holes plugged. Do you really want to read some sad, lonely office worker's feeble attempts at flirting over e-mail or would you rather wait for the much better, jucier details?

There is also the insurance angle. No doubt people flying the anonymous flag are hunted individuals. it would be silly not to safeguard yourself to a degree.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Regardless of the fact that this is a conspiracy theory website, I get tired of so many people making a conspiracy out of everything. If groups such as Anon, who seem to be one of just a few really fighting for our rights, are indeed actually working against us, why have any hope?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How come they never get in trouble?
These guys cant be that good.

Take a minute or 2 and go on Google News and do a search for "Hackers". You will see that there are MANY hackers and hacker groups being arrested all the time.

DDoS is probably the easiest type of web-based attack to trace. Remember when MafiaBoy shut down amazon and yahoo? He was caught the next day.

The other thing that Anon apparently does is release information like addresses of people who they don't like.
But do they? Is that information actually correct or is it just a bunch of random junk to make the masses approve of Anon?
If those addresses were actually real, no doubt we would hear about some stupid people doing stupid things to those people.

Everything about Anon seems fishy to me. They even have a weird look and feel to them that is reminiscent of 1984 and the illuminati.

Real heros don't hide behind masks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
Real heros don't hide behind masks.

You ever read any comics..... at all? Why did batman wear a mask? it wasn't for asthetics it was to protect himself and loved ones from harm. When you go all out against an enemy stealth is the ultimate key.

Plus, I don't believe you are looking properly because there have been a number of anon hackers arrested, have a look in relation to the LOIC.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If you think it's that easy, then why don't YOU do it.

Seriously, you guys think they are undercover feds cause they haven't been able to tear down the biggest and the baddest. Trust me, many are working on such...But it's just not that simple.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
they aren't criminalizing the internet, they are trying to bring it under the laws of the state (government), right now the internet sort of dictates itself (through us, the internet is us), so this fight is essentially the people vs the government like it always is.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It means that you shouldn't just "off yourself". When the game is rigged, change the rules. Our government is our enemy. Unless RP gets elected and can actually institute the changes he desires, this nation is doomed. The people of the country are doomed to slavery. Will you choose slavery or liberty. If you are willing to die anyway, why not do so in the pursuit of liberty?

From time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It has been far to long since the tree was watered. That maybe our problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic

If you think it's that easy, then why don't YOU do it.

Seriously, you guys think they are undercover feds cause they haven't been able to tear down the biggest and the baddest. Trust me, many are working on such...But it's just not that simple.
Had I the skill to do so, I would have long since done so. At a minimum, I would have designed and released a virus that erased all mention of me throughout the internet. That is not in my skill set, unfortunately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join