It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All input welcome for this question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so please be gentle!

I have a good friend who has been handed a mystery.
Her lifelong friend died recently. During his last days in hospital, he was holding a piece of paper which had some phone numbers on it that were friends that she was to call when he died.
On this slip of paper was a series of numbers, which he said she would "need".

I dont know what the numbers were, but they were written in the format;
*1234/1234
The star was definatly used.

He was a meticulous man.
The numbers do not relate to bank accounts that we know of. They are not the pin numbers to his cards either.
We also checked that he didnt have safe deposit boxes at his bank. We have not found a safe at his house.

Any guesses, educated or otherwise welcome.
edit on 21-1-2012 by persianista because: removed detail

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It looks like it could be a password to something.. but to what, I don't know

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by persianista

Did she call these Friends?

BTW: does your friend know you are posting her story here?

edit on 21-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd assume he intended the numbers to become obvious at some point in time. Perhaps they are part of something in whatever will he may have left.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes, she called all their friends on his list.

Password! I actually didnt think of that! Duh!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well if thats a password its not a very good one... 1234? Lol. Probably a random thought the person had.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No, she doesnt use t'internet.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Well if thats a password its not a very good one... 1234? Lol. Probably a random thought the person had.

They wern't the numbers, just the format they were written down. I dont know the numbers that were used.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by persianista
No, she doesnt use t'internet.

Really poor form dude...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why didn't she ask about this when she was handed the paper, did he give any indication the numbers were of any importance? Was it a computer generated document or a handwritten one? It may bear some significance.

It may simply be a username/password, do you think it has anything to do with the telephone numbers?

It's weird he would offer an enigmatic piece of paper of relative importance without an explanation on his deathbed. It may be nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think it's time for some Inception...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
combination to a safe in his house or office?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
Why didn't she ask about this when she was handed the paper, did he give any indication the numbers were of any importance? Was it a computer generated document or a handwritten one? It may bear some significance.

It may simply be a username/password, do you think it has anything to do with the telephone numbers?

It's weird he would offer an enigmatic piece of paper of relative importance without an explanation on his deathbed. It may be nothing at all.

It was handwritten. He was dying so they did not discuss this.
All he said was that she would "need this" relating to the numbers

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
could that be the user/password to log into his computer?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
could that be the user/password to log into his computer?

His computer wasnt password protected.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It is probably a encyrpted file password.

I plan on making the same thing when i die :p

How it works is the person who makes the file , fills it with there philosophy and what not .

The file is then given to a friend to be released . 30 days , 1 year , 5 years etc after death. Whatever that time period may be .

Once you are told about the file , simply enter the password enter his world to see his final message to everyone

I am sure one of his friends has the file , but told not to release for x amount of time

Sometimes the file is hidden in an object that is discovered later. LIke i would hide mine in a teddy bear , or a painting , or the back of a picture . But password now , meaning later usually means something will come out later that requires that password and its usually his good bye philosophy
edit on 21-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by persianista

It's somewhat interesting that it wasn't discussed, as it may be considered as one of his last dying wishes. If it's relating to the telephone numbers, and I assume each of the starred numbers diverge for each of the telephone numbers, they're likely to bear some meaning to the proprietor of the specific telephone number. So maybe the answer to this lies with the owner of each of the telephone numbers.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Try looking at it from the other end. Assume he was right when he said she would need it. Have her carry the numbers around until a time comes when she needs 8 numbers beginning with an asterisk, et voila!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmm, I think I will put a symbolic code on my tombstone and anyone who passes by will see

"To find the treasure, crack the code"
Blah Blah Blah,

I bet some drunken fool or cyber puzzle artist will definitely fall for that.

Be totally funny watching from my grave someone following a useless code to some non-treasure.

Welcome, to ATS, and sorry to hear about your friend.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It could be a 4-digit password for a voicemail box.

Did the deceased have a residential phone?
Did the phone have voicemail?
What about looking for voice mail accounts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join