It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Roman Catholicism, Islam, Paganism, the Masons, Knights Templars and Jesuits have in common.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You can have love all you want but if youre a homosexual you still go into the flames. If youre an idolater and worship demons, you go into the flames. If youre a liar you still go into the flames. You walk Christ's path 100% or not at all and that is the way it is. It's about more than love. Jesus said "I AM the truth, the way and the life no one comes to the Father but through me" and he meant every word of it in the literal sense so there could be no mistaking that. If you sinned Jesus would forgive you and tell you to "go and sin no more", he didn't say "go and sin some more". Repenting of sins is a changing of your mind to no longer do those wicked things you did before. You cannot truly accept Christ unelss you put away the immoralities and sins you once had and repent. You can have all the love you want and it will not save you, i am sorry but this is the way it is. You cannot continue to live in your sins and be of Christ or you mock him and make a liar of yourself.
edit on 22-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Colossians 1 24:27 24 26 This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. 27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

This secret was kept for centuries, since the beginning of man I assume. CHRIST LIVES IN YOU.

Galatians 1:15-1615 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.

This is Saul who was later called Paul the writer of most of the New Testament saying that God revealed to him something that had been there since he was in his mother’s womb. HIS SON IN ME, realize this meant that Paul just realized that he had been persecuting not strangers following the way but his true brothers, even watching them be stoned to death. Not hard to see why he preached with such Zeal for those who are forgiven much love much.

1 Peter 1 10-12 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

More evidence that the SPIRIT OF CHIRST IN THEM, prior to his coming as the man Jesus.

How many times does the bible have to say that the Spirit of Christ was in man before he came as the physical man? The gift that Jesus brought was the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The spirit of Christ was in man even the gentiles since before he came.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Romans 2:14-15 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

The Gentiles proved the law, or the word was written on their hearts, since they had the word they had the spirit of Christ.

Again the bible CLEARLY SAYS THAT ALL WHO HAVE LOVE HAVE THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. God is love, WITHOUT THE SON ONE SIMPLY WOULD NOT HAVE ANY LOVE IN THEM.

As long as you don't love your neighbor as yourself, you have not stopped sinning. When you condemn someone to hell you have hated, Jesus says that anyone who hates has committed murder in their hearts.You say you know the words of Christ but yet you refuse to follow them.

You have allowed yourself to accept a translation of the bible that makes you feel righteous, and makes you believe that it is ok for you to condemn sinners and unbelievers. This is exactly what Jesus was telling the Pharisees and Sadducees to stop doing.

When will you start following Christ?

You are the one who just said you must follow him 100% and yet you do not.

You really should listen to your own words, because they testify against you.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You can have all the love you want and it will not save you, i am sorry but this is the way it is.

You are sorry?
I don't think you're sorry at all.

I suspect Jesus' very jaw would drop open in horror at your hatefulness.

edit on 22-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Thank you wildtimes. I am trying to be nice and reason with him using the very scripture that he says he believes in. I don't know what else to say. I am lost when I see Christians who think that somehow they are special but turn around and prove what the what these verses are saying.

1 John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

He can’t see that love is a gift from the father and that no one can love without this gift.
I know we disagree here but the bible clearly says the gift of love is the son, Jesus.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I don’t think he understands the Parable of the Good Samaritan, nor does he have any idea who his brother is.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Love is what matters. Love fulfills the law. Until he understands this he cannot follow Christ. He can continue to follow the churches traditions but he certainly is not following Christ until he learns to love.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

If "hating" in your book is merely disagreeing with, then aren't you "hating" here in this thread? You imply if we Christians disagree with different faiths or philosophies then we are "hating" them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

. . . Jesus, he is the living word.
This is a slogan used by Messianic Jews to make Jesus seem acceptable and congruent with modern Judaism.
This is not the case and only a misinterpretation of verses in the New Testament.
Jesus takes upon himself the name of God as the new YHWH as the great I Am.
Same sort of thing with some Muslim Evangelists how they distort the mission of Jesus and make him a prophet, when in fact Jesus is the new name of God.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

However, hindus / buddhists / shintos who have been following an entirely different path all their life. You really think they'd suddenly abandon their beliefs, ingrained in them through their upbringing.... and start following a middle eastern man who addressed other middle easterners?

It's no different than for someone in Judea at the time of Christ, with the temple still standing. Or for someone who is the product of secular humanism from preschool onward in today's day. That's why Christ said to spread His gospel to the ends of the Earth.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You can have all the love you want and it will not save you, i am sorry but this is the way it is.

You are sorry?
I don't think you're sorry at all.

I suspect Jesus' very jaw would drop open in horror at your hatefulness.

You don't even know what youre talking about.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

1 Peter 1 10-12 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

You are twisting this passage around to suit your own ends to justify the lie that everyone has Christ in them when they do not. Again i urge you to stop preaching Universalism.

The above passage was talking about the prophets having Christ in them because Christ is God. They are all the one and the same. The Holy Spirit that possessed the prophets was the spirit of Christ but he possessed the prophets, not other men. The prophets are the mouthpiece of God.

Look at this verse more closely:

Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow.

Who had Christ in them? The prophets who were possessed of the Holy Spirit. Peter is talking about the Prophets not joe farmer the next door neighbor.

Why did Jesus command his Apostles to go preach the good news if the people already had Christ in them? You make no sense! Youre being decieved and for the love of Christ i am unable to open your eyes.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

They are all the one and the same. The Holy Spirit that possessed the prophets was the spirit of Christ but he possessed the prophets, not other men. The prophets are the mouthpiece of God.

You are so close to getting it, sir, but you have missed the mark in a profoundly dangerous way. The Holy Spirit that possessed the "prophets" -- the mouthpieces of God, including Jesus -- is God. God is love.

The awareness of something other than worldly things; the awareness that all men and women have a spirit that is in them that existed before the flesh, and will continue to exist after the flesh. Not everyone is awake and aware of this. It takes millennia of effort, struggle, study, passion, dedication, self-control, and peaceful practice for a soul to finally reach that state of wide-awake realization of this, the universal truth, that we are ALL PART of the Divine.

You swatting me away like a gnat proclaiming that I don't know what I'm talking about, insisting that you know to the exclusion of every one else, telling them to "stop spreading that," that you are sorry but you alone know "the way it is", is beyond arrogance and ignorance. It is scary, and teetering on the brink of the abyss of evil.

I see in your words...written in fury to others who don't take your opinion as anything but your opinion....the following: hatefulness, condemnation, rabid self-righteousness, and TERROR. And it is the terror that is most telling.

The terror you threaten people with is a direct reflection of what lies within YOU. You are terrified. I am calm, unaffected by your blustering wrath, and concerned about the people to whom you 'proselytize'.

You have no business in missionary work, sir. Your heart is in the wrong place. You are a danger to the well-being of others.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
First, Jesuits are Roman Catholics. They are an order of priests founded by St. Ignatius Loyola who developed the 12 Step Spiritual Exercises which is a cornerstone of Alcoholics Anonymous and many other programs. You really didn't research this much did you?

After reading the first page posts I got the gist of the video.

As I have said to you elsewhere, don't believe everything you read or in this case view.

Your unfounded repeated attacks on others faiths is certainly a negative way to bring people to Jesus. It is backfiring BIG TIME.

edit on 1/22/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: added something

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You are a danger to the well-being of others.

The key word being, others.
I imagine someone going to their regular cult meetings to where they are the "we" and the "us" and they leave the meeting on a mission to fix the "others", in this case, meaning, the people on the Religion sub-forum of ATS.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If god is in your heart, why is your heart so full of hate?

...Do you even realize what youre preaching is anti-christ? ...

No hatred here anti-christ, i'm just pointing out what i found ...

..... You can have love all you want but if youre a homosexual you still go into the flames. If youre an idolater and worship demons, you go into the flames. If youre a liar you still go into the flames.

..... children to ask Santa Clause for gifts and sacrifices cookies and milk are going to hell?

Actually yes, i do because they are.........

.....the only resistence left are the few who truly believe in the Messiah and our time is nearly done.

Can't say that I will miss you, I'm betting this world will be a more loving place once your type are gone.
edit on 22-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Your unfounded repeated attacks on others faiths is certainly a negative way to bring people to Jesus. It is backfiring BIG TIME.
Making critical remarks about the Jesuits is not the same as attacking Catholics in general.
Loyola was a military man wounded in combat which probably made him invalid for further military campaigns so he took orders in one he set up himself on a military model.
I think it would be informative to compare the date of the founding of the Jesuits with the founding of the League of Lutheran Princes, in Germany. Jesuits officially were constituted within three years of the creation of the mutual defense league against attacks from the Catholics.
The warm and fuzzy version of the Catholic counter-reformation was them making reforms within Catholicism but the dark reality of it was genocide to all who took up protestant ideas and were within reach of their armies. Jesuits were the delta force of its time where unlike normal orders swore allegiance directly to the Pope and infiltrated areas that their armies could not openly enter without formidable armed opposition.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What church is it you belong to.
It sounds VERY cultic......(beyond the dictionary definition.....and into the MSM definition of cultic)

Do you

Dance with poisonous snakes?
Bite the heads off chickens?
Protest funerals?

Yes, I understand freedom of religion means ALL religions, and if you do that stuff....well its your right.

Just trying to understand your perspective. So far all I see in this thread is hatred and darkness.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

So far all I see in this thread is hatred and darkness.
It's good to realize what sort of evil things have happened in the past in the name of religion, to not do the same thing, but you can't rightly put hatred from thinking about those crimes on people today who did not do them but happen to have been born into such organizations. Also such people should know the truth about how wicked their group was in the past to know to get out and to find something to join which does not condone and hide those evils it has never really fixed but just don't happen to have call to bring then out for use at this moment.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

OK, its just that calling other posters the "anti-christ" seems a bit hateful.

Saying children that leave cookies for Santa are going to hell, seems a bit hateful.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Making critical remarks about the Jesuits is not the same as attacking Catholics in general.
Loyola was a military man wounded in combat which probably made him invalid for further military campaigns so he took orders in one he set up himself on a military model.
I think it would be informative to compare the date of the founding of the Jesuits with the founding of the League of Lutheran Princes, in Germany. Jesuits officially were constituted within three years of the creation of the mutual defense league against attacks from the Catholics.
The warm and fuzzy version of the Catholic counter-reformation was them making reforms within Catholicism but the dark reality of it was genocide to all who took up protestant ideas and were within reach of their armies. Jesuits were the delta force of its time where unlike normal orders swore allegiance directly to the Pope and infiltrated areas that their armies could not openly enter without formidable armed opposition.

You make it sound like the Jesuits were killers. Wrong. Wrong, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Counter-Reformation (also the Catholic Revival[1] or Catholic Reformation) was the period of Catholic revival beginning with the Council of Trent (1543–1565) and ending at the close of the Thirty Years' War, 1648 as a response to the Protestant Reformation. The Counter-Reformation was a comprehensive effort, composed of four major elements:

Ecclesiastical or structural reconfiguration
Religious orders
Spiritual movements
Political dimensions

en.wikipedia.org...

Ignatius founded the Society after being wounded in battle and experiencing a religious conversion. He composed the Spiritual Exercises to help others follow the teachings of Jesus Christ In 1534, Ignatius and six other young men, including St. Francis Xavier and Bl. Pierre Favre, gathered and professed vows of poverty, chastity, and later obedience, including a special vow of obedience to the Pope. Rule 13 of Ignatius' Rules for Thinking with the Church said: "That we may be altogether of the same mind and in conformity[...], if [the Church] shall have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appears to be white, we ought in like manner to pronounce it to be black."[3] Ignatius' plan of the order's organization was approved by Pope Paul III in 1540 by the bull containing the Formula of the Institute. The opening lines of this founding document would declare that the Society of Jesus was founded to "strive especially for the propagation and defense of the faith and progress of souls in Christian life and doctrine."[4] The Society participated in the Counter-Reformation and later in the implementation of the Second Vatican Council in the Catholic Church.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Its not hate. It's called profound sadness because you people are pissing all over my King.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by jmdewey60

OK, its just that calling other posters the "anti-christ" seems a bit hateful.

Saying children that leave cookies for Santa are going to hell, seems a bit hateful.
I get that since I was the one being called anti-christ.
It is no use being hateful and calling names but I do a version of the same thing but I don't generally think people are here on this forum so evil but just taken in by ideology made by people who are evil.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You make it sound like the Jesuits were killers.

They are but of course they need some sort of cover to make them seem as if they also serve some other legitimate purpose. Wikipedia is only going to give you the whitewashed version.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You really should not use profanity while referring to God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join