It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Predictions: What Will The World Be Like In 100 years?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
throw down your weapons and prepare to be judged !

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

In response to the whole Judge Dredd idea...

what's everyone's thoughts on how the future of law enforcement and weapons will look in 100 years time?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i would bet that at the least there would be no more "car" chases, in 100 years the police will be able to shut your vehicle off from their computer before you even have a chance to run..

and maybe even do the same to us

edit on 19-1-2012 by spaceg0at because: woof

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ever fallen and cracked your head and woke up confused as he'll? Or maybe when you were a kid you did the passing out trick, and it took you a really long slow time to come back to reality and figure out what the heck you just did to yourself?

There will be no TPTB, the earth will be pock marked with places like the gulf and Fukushima. There will be no order to things. Some humans will have escaped to the few oasis's, but almost all will wonder what happened. Mother nature will be on her way to cleaning house, like she has done many times in the past, and as we start to forget forever about this time we will learn to create civilization again. If we are better at it the next time, we will focus a little more on what the true meaning of civilization really is.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
things that will stay the same...

Greed..not always a bad thing....but will drive everything in the the world...always has..always will

Power...also in our human DNA....can't fight it

Things that will change..

Pure racism...we all likely be close to the same shade by then.

of course video games will look SICK!!

If you look back 100 years...you can predict the next 100 years
edit on 19-1-2012 by wrathchild because: posting after 3 beers

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Orwell summed it up in his 1984.
Wells had a pretty clear view of the year 3000 in the time machine except there would be no morlocks just eloi.

It will be a fun place if you are the elite, unlimited recreation, They would be tall pale and eternally youthful via plastic surgery.

Not so much if you are a slave, (If you are allowed to exist at all which I doubt), you could be eliminated as a threat to the elite via any of their nasty ways, bioweapons, nuke, starvation or just plain 'ol gunned down by the cops and military loyal to the elite intil they are eliminated by the elite. The work that these people 'would' have done is automated.

There may or may not be small bands comprised of the decendants of free thinkers but they will be sporadically hunted down by the elite possibly for sport because they are nothing to the elite but a pest.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think in 100yrs either ET has visited and has given us a renewed sense of existence OR we'll still be just picking up the pieces from an apocalyptic event...

That's just me though

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
I think we'll live in an ever increasing corporate world, in 100 years corporations will literally controll every aspect of people's lives, they will tell you what you need and when. I can imagine it'll be a super conglomerate, one giant corperation which controls all trade and commerce which has induvidual umbrella companies underneath it providing specific services.

Hammer meet nail head... That would only be if humanity doesn't stand up to corporate control and say "enough is enough!" At this rate it's only a matter of time before we are required to have a "tm" tattooed on our forehead.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You have to wonder.. Now we have the legendary "Cold Fusion" theory made into reality. Will there still be as much suffering 100 years from now? Technically it's free energy. I get the feeling that it won't be used to help society, but those greedy for power and money. We have the opportunity to create a more peaceful world with such powerful technology, we should seize it at all cost.

Will we seize it though?

Will we seize the freedoms we deserve and the lives we long for?

Will we counter strike those who aim to hurt us and thwart our happiness?

The answer to these questions will determine what our future will look like in 100 years. It is quite clear to me that there are people who are greedy enough to take lives without hesitation. It's evil. And evil must die. Call it a fantasy, but you know that it's what's really happening, it's not a movie or some cartoon. It's real life and real people are really taking real lives over real greed and real power. Get with it, open up your eyes and get ready to seize, cause a real change is about to come swifter than a hurricane.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
reply to post by spaceg0at

In response to the whole Judge Dredd idea...

what's everyone's thoughts on how the future of law enforcement and weapons will look in 100 years time?

I personally think police like there are today will not exist. With the amount of CCTV and them constantly plotting our every move electronically, there will be a number of people sitting at a console watching each and all of us. Any alert to an action outside the law and press one button, total shutdown of the body. Then they just come along and scrape you off the ground and off to jail. Same goes for vehicles, they will install them with some kind of device that locks you in, shuts the vehicle down and either EMPs you or gasses you into unconciousness so they have no resistance when they come to get you.

Judge Dredd was pretty cool though

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
VERY quiet with lots of wide open spaces, kind of like the Grand Canyon without tourists.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Advanced weapon technology will be taking a sharp stick and heat treating the point in a fire. Fast food will swatting insects and eating them. Iphones will be replaced with interpreting the sound of distant drums or the weather.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To the people saying it will be the exact same except with a new "iphone", more poverty etc. You don't really think that do you? Look at our advancements in the past 100 years, & then the exponential rate of technological growth/awareness to this date. I believe there will be a full-scale revolution long before we reach 2112, & we'll begin to address the concerns that threaten humanity; i.e the corporate/financial elites, poverty, oppression, corrupt & powerful governments, etc.

Quantum computing will be commonplace, but classical computers/hybrid models will have hardware capabilities to simulate realistic realities; video games will evolve into being able to place yourself into any possible universe you can think of --- pre-created ones or ones you create yourself. Everything you do can potentially shape the reality of that world. Anything and everything is possible, you can feel, touch, share emotions with other players and conscious NPCs, be an inventor, go on the ultimate adventure. Of course this will raise ethical problems including virtual reality homicide, torture, etc.

Energy will not be so much a problem, if at all. Later this year Rossi will be selling 1 million E-Cats (LENR/cold fusion) generators for home usage; $500 for a 10kw unit, 1000 for a 20kw. If this really makes it out alive, it will be an energy revolution to shape the world. & 100 years from now...I can't even begin to image what sort of energy sources we'll have.

Of course, there might be an extinction event before we reach that mark; either from a nuclear holocaust that the USA will most likely initiate, or a natural disaster. Hopefully not, because I want to live for a long time to come.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We will all be immortal, with robot bodies, and computer brains.

Either that or we'll genetically create dinosaurs and they'll retake the planet. That scenario seems kinda cool.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
At the rate we are going in the economy everything is going to collapse in the next few year. Large cities will be abandoned. People will move back to the farm. Everything will be localized. No more mass transit and shipping good from across the nation due to decay of the freeways and logistics.

I see a dark ages 2, we will still have all the technology but for the most part we will have to relearn everything due to the decades of technology building on its self and then the collapse. It will be back to the basics but a much more simple life. It will be hard at first but once we get through it, it will be for the better.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The world will be a very different place.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
im thinking more like resident evil, probably caused by vaccinations and raccoon city will be denver international airport hahaha

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We'll see what happens at the end of 2012, but definitely climate change and other environmental disasters are going to change the face of this planet.

If the governments around the world continue their plan to depopulate Earth then I am sure mass deaths of humans will happen...the only one to survive the next one hundred years will probably be Lady Gaga....that singer sucks so bad that god would want her to feel the wrath of human pain to eternity!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I think Google (the search engine, not the company) will have decided "Don't be evil"; Stuff That!

We will all be searched and classified constantly!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Currently with economic depression upon us it looks like the big corps are shooting themselves in the foot or worse.
Considering the worsening weather and food shortages I see within 5 to 10 years there will be roving bands of hungry people preying upon the weak. It will be a might makes right world. This will include a race war and many massacres. Initially there will be military intervention which will add to the death toll.
Many of those seeking remote areas may become food for hungry bears. Their supplies will dwindle and game will be scarce. There will be competition with others also attempting to live in the same remote areas. They will kill each other.
Our already failing infrastructure will continue to collapse. Bridges will be unusable; roads will go unrepaired.Cars will be of limited use and fuel will become unobtainable.
With no electricity, many systems will fail including sanitation facilities which will lead to the spread of disease and more death.
By year 2100 there will be small tribes of survivors, many of whom will not remember better times. The ruins of our high tech machines will be a mystery to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join