It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Predictions: What Will The World Be Like In 100 years?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I would like to know what everyone here on ATS think the world will be like in 100 years time.

My Prediction:

On the surface the world will look to be all good, everyone has access to free healthcare, everyone has access to housing, everyone will hold a job. However to get all these benefits that the society of 100 years has you have to be microchipped and completely obedient to the system. If your considered a threat you will be taken out, if you show any signs of free thought you will be labelled insane and commited to an asylum, if you deviate from the societal norms you will be outcast from society.

I think we will be technolohically advanced with computers and machines controlling everything, most manual and clerical/administrative jobs will be done by machines to rule out human error, imperfection and to increase efficiency.

The world will look like a paradise and it will be for the sheep who exist in it, but for those who do not accept this and go against the system I believe they will be driven underground, literally! I believe there will be a counter society who live underground, they will be demonised and blamed for any imperferctions/problems in the surface society, terrorist attacks will be blamed on them and regular death squads will be sent to hunt down the remnants of those who stand for true freedom, much to the delight of the sheeple who inhabbit the earth.

I believe evil will masquarade as good and people will follow it unquestionably, I see the moral code of humanity changing and people will once again (like in ancient rome) watch people kill eachother or by animals as a form of reality entertainment.

I think there will be a one world government and a one world currency which will be electronic, I believe we will have had contact with an alien species and they may even live amongst us.

Imagine the films, The Running Man, The Demolition Man, V for Vendetta, Minority Report and The Fifth Element all mixed together... that's how I see the world of 100 years time.

What are your predictions? What will the world look like in 100 years?
edit on 19-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I reckon it'll be pretty much the same as now, though there will probably be an new type of iphone, a few other gadgets of time and labour saving purpose which will make us feel that little more detached from the world.

Pretty much what I could have said hundred years previous to now, if I were there to do so

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
A pristine white fluffy globe - in the midst of the next ice age.

P

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Like a lemon, the more it has matured the more prune like it looks.

Everyone on a mobile headset, no social interaction at all, 3d everything IF you're not one of those people still using 2D headsets, music will be just noise - as opposed to now where it's just noise - 700 channels of free to air reality shows, radio stations broadcast into your media swarm that have repetitive commercials full of new age 3D audio - not the same as stereo, it's full surround sound for just an AAC5 player, the internet will be a shopping mall, cars will NOT fly, oil will only be used to saturate food, food will have unsaturated polymonochromatic polyunsaturated and chemical free additives they call oil, the news paper will be read on an iPad12, the 51 inch screen version which weighs 2 grams because it's made out of bendable thermal touchscreen resistance and capacitive 3d film, headphones for that device will cost $900, shoes will cost $700 each foot, unless youre poor and buy thongs/flip flops, which will cost $200 each. You dont buy a set as it's all the rage to have different foot ware for each foot... Religion will be computerised.. Church will need the $50.99 app from the apple store, but heathens can use the free googlePlus2 version, global warming will have made every house need a 2c air conditioner and sunblock 60, each will cost $2650 and $35 each but if you get sun cancer you can always have skin replacement. Free if you provide your own replacement skin. Homelessness will be gone, with many skinless bodies found on rubbish tips. Drugs will be sold at a candy store, with "Do not abuse" labels. And we'll all have comfy chairs.

Thank christ I'll be dead...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
When I was a kid, I'd have said hover boards, inter stellar travel, universal health care, no poverty etc.
Now though, I think it will be like today, but with greater inequalities, more poverty, more overcrowding and less and less protections for the individual.

In short, where I used to foresee a utopia, I now see a dystopia.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think we'll live in an ever increasing corporate world, in 100 years corporations will literally controll every aspect of people's lives, they will tell you what you need and when. I can imagine it'll be a super conglomerate, one giant corperation which controls all trade and commerce which has induvidual umbrella companies underneath it providing specific services.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
I think we'll live in an ever increasing corporate world, in 100 years corporations will literally controll every aspect of people's lives, they will tell you what you need and when. I can imagine it'll be a super conglomerate, one giant corperation which controls all trade and commerce which has induvidual umbrella companies underneath it providing specific services.

You been watching too much charlie jade!

The Alphaverse, a dystopian view of what our future could be like. It is the home universe of the main character Charlie Jade. The Alphaverse's inhabitants are segregated into "classes" of different levels (e.g., C-1, or Class 1 — which stands for Upper Class). It is dominated by five gigantic multinational firms. Prime among these is a corporation called Vexcor. Despite the Alphaverse's dystopian society, it does contain some futuristic technology that is within the level of our capability.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Charlie Jade? What the hell is that? lol...

Nope, just my personal opinion based on what has been happening over the last 50 years. Companies such as google eat up small companies and grow bigger and bigger, it's a logical assumption this will carry on and one day there will be one dominant corperation, I can imagine they will be the only corperation, if they have so much power and influence they will literally control our lives. They will influence politcs and societal change and reform to suit it's own agenda, it will most likely be a company that works with the military-industrial complex and will gain a large portion of it's "power" from the R&D of new technologies.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't think it will be much different from today. Maybe people will be smarter, we will live in a more technological society, and the world will be a very closed place due to the advent of instant information and communication. On the down side I think people will not know how to communicate openly, text messages and social media will be the only way we speak to each other.
Look back 100 years, the steamship was the main form of transport, most likely in 100 years forward we will have early forms of stellar transport, Mars or the Moon at least. 100 years ago the telegraph was the new thing, so the internet is really the telegraph of the 21st century. In 100 years though, the internet will be fully immersive, virtual and like real life or at least damn close to it.
People will live more communally due to rising costs, and people will grow a lot of their own food also due to rising costs of groceries. I think we will see an advent of people living more without power or least with total solar or wind as the cost of coal power spirals to be unaffordable.
Cars will evolve to either run on renewable fuels or electricity, and not the stop-gap solution we have now but proper electric vehicles you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between, simply because petrol based cars will become either too expenisve to run or fuel.
Wars will still happen I have no doubt, people will be fighting until the end of time, and we will still have governments in place. Depending on how hard they screw the people we may have an honest power with accountability to the people. It all depends on how the people react, either they will accept being slaves (more likely) or rise up and destroy the government system (less likely but not impossible).
Computers will run pretty much everything, and we will be tracked 24 hours a day as to our movements, our spending habits and who we interact with. This will be for two reasons, one to keep an eye on us to make sure we're not up to anything we shouldn't be (think a lesser form of the pre-crime division), and to tailor advertisements directly to us in order to gain what little money we have left.
Really not sure about the rest, apart from technological advances life hasn't really changed that much from 100 years ago. We all still live pretty much by the same moral codes and standards we did, there is just more tolerance and understanding for what is different than it was in 1912 in most repects.

Either that or the aliens may just turn up and decide to wipe us out Independence Day style...

edit on 19-1-2012 by 74Templar because: no reason given

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It will look like Hell and all progress will stop due to the amount of non progressive people(they are nor capable of progressive) immigrating into progressive nations.
The West will look like Africa and we will have disease and famine everywhere.........and thats a fact that isn't even up for debate.

Oh and the NWO want a broken one world nation,not a technologically advanced one.
edit on 19/1/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
The West will look like Africa and we will have disease and famine everywhere.........and thats a fact that isn't even up for debate.

Can you back up your opinion that it's a fact, with some ACTUAL facts please?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think most of us will be living in huts and wigwams, hunting, fishing, and gathering. In short, I have little expectation that civilization will survive that long.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08

Originally posted by Viking9019

Can you back up your opinion that it's a fact, with some ACTUAL facts please?

I would advice you to look at what has been admitted by the EU and British government and why they intend on bringing over African immigrants.
Remember though that third world immigrants equals third world countries.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think that we will have computers in our heads that fulfil many of the tasks that smartphones are fulfilling now. and that most people will have them. I also think that they will have full body transplants for the elderly who can afford it. This will probably be where they tranplant the part of your brain that contains your memories and personallity, into a genetic clone of yourself that has only a brain functional for muscle memory.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Technologies I believe will be commonplace in 100 years time -

Basic matter teleportation: I believe basic matter teleportation will be commonplace in 100 years time, I base this belief on the early experiments that have been happening with transporting photons from one location to another, It'll be basic matter transportation I believe because transporting a human would require computer processing power that I do not believe we'll be able to acheive for a good 200 years +.
I think we will be able to transport none organic materials at first.

Holographic and Holodeck style technology: IMO matter teleportation and this technology go hand in hand, to be able to teleport something would require a computer to make a copy of it, so there for it would be possible to use copies of various items to create a matter/energy based simulation. In short I believe the holodeck you see on startrek will be possible.

Quantum Computing: We're in the early stages of this technology and I believe that we will have it in about 20 years time, I believe the computers of the future will be based on this technology and as a result new, more exotic technologies will be possible.

A.I: I think we will reach an A.I singularity in the next 50 years and the world of the future will probably be run via a centralised A.I computer.

Hydrogen or Electric Cars: my thoughts are that hydrogen fuelled cars will most likely be the norm and will overtake the use of oil. It is an abundant source of fuel, has the same benefits of being able to fill up at hydrogen stations and the only by-product is water.

Bio Mechanical revolution: I think computers will become more biological in nature and we will become more mechanical in nature.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
I think that we will have computers in our heads that fulfil many of the tasks that smartphones are fulfilling now. and that most people will have them. I also think that they will have full body transplants for the elderly who can afford it. This will probably be where they tranplant the part of your brain that contains your memories and personallity, into a genetic clone of yourself that has only a brain functional for muscle memory.

I agree with what you have said about having computers in our heads, that is only a matter of time and of technological advancement.

We will have a merging of bio-mechanical, we will become more computer like as we merge with various technologies and I also believe computers may start becoming more like us, biologically.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Forgive my lack of detail but i think the world will go one of 3 ways 100 years from now or sooner...

1. The world has shed it's need for monetary gain and evolved into a paradise for all.

2. Greed and power hunger is worse and the world is in turmoil, constant war.

3. The world, as we know it, is completely destroyed with only a handful of humanity left to restart the human race for the 6th time thus the cycle begins again

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I don't think much will change.

Cancer will still be an issue, although survival rates will be much greater.

People might have the option to live to say 300 if that telomere (or other longevity) research is successful.

Basic forms of "Holodecks" will have made an appearance.

AIDS and other viruses like influenza will still exist and be incurable, however managing the conditions will be better.

People will have finally realised Linux is superior to Windows (lol)

The Middle East will be at peace, although the occasional extremist will surface.

Poverty in 3rd world countries may have improved drastically.

Man will have gone to Mars, and may even have set up a lunar outpost.

I will be 132, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

People might have the option to live to say 300 if that telomere (or other longevity) research is successful.

I agree, I think anyone who is say under 30 now will have a huge chance of living long and healthy lives, I think technology will come about that will be able to extend our lives dramatically. I say in about 30-50 years time this will be a reality, lifespans will be doubled maybe even trebled. So if you or anyone who is reading this thread is under 30 years old, I predict that you will easily reach 120 years of age and will possibly live till we're 300 years old. Which would be great as I've always wanted to see what the future will look like... wether it's a future we will want to live in I don't know!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Impossible to predict.Back in the 1970s we were given predictions of what life would be like for everyone in the future (in this case the 1990s).This involved people who all appeared to be part of the Aryan master race,all wore silver metallic one piece jumpsuits and went everywhere in cars that drove themselves and would be run on tap water.All houses would be fully automated and voice controlled,and guitars would be made illegal and we'd only have synthesized music to listen to.
In 100 years time Apple will have released the iPhone 90 which will be a hologram generator implanted under the skin and will still be trying to sue everyone else in the world who sells flat rectangular boxes with rounded corners for copyright infringement.A hologram of Steve Jobs will be the galactic president and everyone in the world will have to pray towards California every day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join