It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Predictions: What Will The World Be Like In 100 years?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2012 by djtek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In this day and age it seems we are building upwards into the sky to make use of the space (sky scrapers in architecture for example).

I would assume in the not-so-far future it will be common to start seeing projects being introduced to start making use of the space within the earth itself. Possibly building structures in disused quarry's and filling them in.

I mean, think about the protection from solar storms (regarding electrical equipment), hurricanes, or even bombs? It would only make sense and i can see this happening. Maybe it will be a bit more than a 100 years before we all live underground though.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The world government will require, by law, for everyone to be gay. This is because of the elimination of aging and the world cannot support 10 billion people. Heterosexuality will be punishable by death. There will be lotteries created for heterosexual daliances without retribution, but for only a short time. All sickness and viruses will be eliminated and no person will be sick.

We will return to space with a vengeance. Light speed limit will be achieved and/or broken. Time will be defined as well as gravity and we will explore solar systems nearby. We will create time machines that will venture far back into earth's past and record it for more accurate history. Accuracy in everything will be the norm. Strict laws against tampering with anything in the past. Government agency set up to correct any errors made by time travelers to the past.

All manufacturing and services will be performed by robots or robotic machines. There will be no hunger or famine. World climate will be controlled to some extent by satelites in geosynchronous orbit. Water will be pumped from large freshwater lakes in case of drought, much like oil is distributed now.

Crime will be eliminated, but there will still be law enforcement which use the time travel to go back to solve cold cases. Space law will be one of the most studied subjects in college, next to engineering. Drugs will be discovered and used in all schools that enhances a person's ability to comprehend. They will be safe, in fact all drugs must be safe by law.

Homes will still be erected, but people will live in exotic high rise town houses or apartments. Marriage will be abolished since there is no reason to get married any more (no children). Since there are no more children, people will be able to obtain robotic children and raise them from infancy to adulthood. Power for the homes will be a breadbox sized unit that will produce thre separate voltages for our needs. 240, 120 and 24VAC. The units will never need recharging or fuel. We will have personal computers that are more powerful than forty Crays of today. With ultra small chips in our head, we will be able to use our PC's at home from anywhere in the world as well as communicate that way, too.

With the abolition of money or currency, no one will have to work, the robots do it. Creative people will form groups of like minded people to invent new and amazing devices. Smartcars will transport us anywhere we want to go, never need fueling and will never wreck. In fact, everything manufactured will be built to last forever.

One of the advantages of having time travel is that warnings to the past (with time travel) to warn surface dwellers of natural disasters. People can be evacuated long before anything happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

things will be different , further speculation is pointles

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I will have died, probably doing something cool and heroic, My head will be criogenically preserved. Then when technology has advanced enough (100 years from now) and according to my wishes, my head wil be thawed out and attached to a billy goat body. I will roam the green pastures of this earth eating the labels off of cans and urinating in my goat/man beard. Myself and the other goat body recipents.
The body of a goat the intellect of a man! Perfect bliss

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

things will be different , further speculation is pointles
This word, pointles, it is new and strange to me........

Are you giving us a sign? a peek into the future?? Are you one of them

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Most replies so far seem quite negative, predicting the downfall of man and of modern civilzation.

I am more optomistic, it can go negative yes but it also has equal potential to be an amazing future, where disease, hunger and homelessness are no more... well I can wish eh...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If people wonder what human life might be like in a hundred years they should read: Limits To Growth by the Club of Rome.

We might be heading back to where we started; with sticks and stones.

If you think "Limits To Growth" is overrated you could read up on exponential growth and see that Club of Rome might be Dead On.

There is a reason we are over 7 billion people on earth, and there is a reason why NWO want a population reduction. The clue is resources combined with our demand for exponential growth and consumption.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think it will be sort of crunchy, with a nutty center and covered in milk chocolate.

If you eat too much you will feel nauseous, your teeth will fall out and the old women will beat you with their brooms.

At least it will give you some relief from the tinny disco music that will blare out of the horn speakers at high volume from every roof.

You have to file down your teeth, you know, otherwise...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
my personal theory is that the first couple of towns on the moon will be sprouting up whereas here....flying cars

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My personal view?

We will be living in the rubble of this civilization. Human population will be down to less than 2 million and declining due to radiation poisoning from out of control nuclear meltdowns across the globe. Pretty bleak really.

But hell, that's just an opinion based on what I see happening in the world now. This is our path we have in front of us if something does not change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join