It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Predictions: What Will The World Be Like In 100 years?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I also think that designer babies will be common place, where they are genetically altered so they do not have any diesease or birth defects. However I think there will be laws in place which stop scientists creating a super race of human beings, with superior intellect and strength etc.

I think that the growing of cloned organs will also be commonplace, if your heart fails they will grow you a new one from stem cells, the early form of this is already been developed, if I remember correctly they can grow livers in a dish now, so hearts and other body organs/parts will happen I think. I don't think they will be able to grow new brains or anything like that though, maybe in 300 years + that could be a reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Your idea from the OP sounds like the future that the film demolition man is set in haha.

I'm predicting things are kinda how they are now, with us relying on more and more technology. Maybe even a planet united under the UN, a sort of central government complete with people who oppose such a thing? Probably wars over what natural resources still exist, if any.
edit on 19/1/2012 by splittheatom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hmmmm

- Taller buildings
- Fight for clean water
- Fight for oil
- Higher population
- Raised water level
- Chips installed in Living things
- Rebels formed to fight against government controls
- Fewer countries, smaller ones will die out
- Car drive themselves in uniform fashion
- Major body parts replaced by synthetic or robotic ones
- Cars are parked underground to use land
- Winter will be very weak
- People will have to wear respiratory masks on some days
- Computer will be installed into you brain, can communicate between people and share information.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
reply to post by mainidh

Charlie Jade? What the hell is that? lol...

One of the best and most underrated sci-fi shows there is, comes from south afrika, but has US ppl in it, check it out seriously, if you like the idea of multiverses and interaction between them, controlled by corporations like you envisage!!

en.wikipedia.org...
www.imdb.com...
thepiratebay.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

Yeah I think Demolitiion Man's future is pretty acurate... along with a few other films such as, The Running Man, V for Vendetta, The Fifth Element and even a bit of The Island.

For all intents and purposes I think it will look "futuristic" to us from our current point of view and not the run down industrial look some films portray. I believe that a centralised A.I computer will pretty much control everything and do things as it see's fit, "for the betterment and advancement of mankind".

There will most likely be a World War 3 in our lifetimes and it will take a good 50 years to recover and build up from that destruction, hopefully it won't be nuclear as there would be no recovery from that. It will be said that we cannot allow another world war ever, from that I envision a world army... as one army cannot fight against itself and that will also be the excuse to bring in a one world government, I think the currency collapse will happen within 10 years and then we'll see a world war, the great depression in the late 1920's and 1930's was IMO stimulated and made so that the TPTB could raise all the funds for WW2, it's my belief that it was a stimulated war... as the illuminati and others financed both sides! Prescott Bush being one of the main financers I can think of right now.

History has a habbit of repeating itself and I can see a great depression happening very soon... we're in the early stages right now and that'll mean war IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What do you think about cloning or reproducing our bodies for partial brain transplant. Your profile picture is disturbing btw.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The smart phone will evolve and become an ever more important of all our lives, to manage our lives.

But, it is not very convenient to have to carry something around all the time now will it?

I can imagination some kind of implant, a BrainPal! ( Old man's War, John Scalzi, but a common theme in SCi FI for years)

I can imagine that the implanting of your Brain Pal would be a celebrtaed day in the lives of children, they become connected like the rest of us to the all pervasive web of media that will surround us every minute, everyday. Advertising will have evolved to be specific to you in everyday, less intrusive, and thus less noticeable.

We will live our lives in this sphere of media, socially, commercially, ect;

Some of us old fashioned types will rage against this loss of face to face interaction, but our children and our grandchildren will realize that interaction is interaction, that we can connected virtually and physically, but virtual connections, unlike the physical will know no bounds. As a result our world will become increasingly smaller.

Life will be extended, but in order to do long term extensions will still take loads of money. So, most of us will easily live to 100 and some of us to 120, a few rare ones to 150, but the real life extension will be only available to super wealthy - Bill Gates will still be rattling round - encased in a mobile cyrogenic unit.

True AI will still be elusive, but we have come so close that most people won't know the difference. This faux AI will be integrated into our Brain Pals, we will name them, love them...

Politically, people will still rattle sabres, the Middle East will still hate everybody, Europe will be a new and improved EU, with Germany still as de facto leader. The US will still churn out the best movies, but China will be close in it's heals. Indeed, there will be no question that China is now the No. 1 economy and military power. Chinese language studies will be popular amongst billions, thankfully easily downloaded to our every handy Brain Pals.

I'm pretty positive, I hope we don't mess it up in the next few years, but the truth is...we probably will.

Shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
After the solar flare destroys all technology we will all either be farmers or traders. We will look back on all this technology that no longer works and wonder why people used to use it. World population will be about 1/3 of what it is today. The lack of modern medicine will lead to high childhood death rates. We will be free, but unable to use that freedom for much. Media will be gone except for a few old fashioned printed leaflets. Guns will go back to muzzle loading since there will be no more factories to produce ammo. Money will be useless.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In 2100, global average temperatures during the 21st century soared by over 6°C. Positive feedback loops triggered the melting of Siberian permafrost, in turn releasing vast amounts of methane - a greenhouse gas more than 20 times stronger than CO2. Among the many environmental effects has been a substantial increase in droughts.

• Moderate droughts, affecting up to 25% of the Earth's surface in 2010, now affect up to 50%.

• Severe droughts, affecting up to 8% of the Earth's surface in 2010, now affect up to 40%.

• Extreme droughts, affecting up to 3% of the Earth's surface in 2010, now affect up to 30%.

Worsening environmental conditions have led to a substantial population die-off, with billions of deaths over the last few decades.Entire regions now lie abandoned - with agriculture made impossible, once mighty rivers having dried up, and gigantic wildfires engulfing larger and larger areas.

Desalination technology has rescued some countries, but in many others it has failed to meet demand. Efforts to reverse climate change on a global scale, using various geo-engineering techniques, are proving to be insufficient.

-Also, human intelligence is being vastly amplified by AI.

-Nomadic floating cities are roaming the oceans.

-Super typhoons have increased ten-fold.

-The chemistry of Earth's oceans has been radically altered.

-Emperor Penguins face extinction.
For centuries, Emperor Penguins were the best-loved and most recognised symbol of Antarctica. By the middle of this decade, their numbers have dwindled to almost nothing because of melting sea ice, depletion of krill and industrial activity.

-Terraforming of Mars is underway. Although no physical processes have been introduced yet, the first serious plans are being drawn up for the planet's gradual transformation, with the ultimate goal of making it habitable for humans. Exactly who will be given control of Mars and its resources - or if the planet should have complete independence - is the subject of much debate and speculation around this time.

-Force fields are in military use

A combination of several unique technologies - stacked together in layers - has led to a radical new form of protective shielding. To observers from the previous century, this would resemble the "force fields" depicted in science fiction movies. When activated, it provides an instant, near-impenetrable field withstanding hits from all but the most powerful weaponry.

-Femtoengineering is practical.

Technology on the scale of quadrillionths of a metre (10*15) is becoming possible around this time. This is three orders of magnitude smaller than picotechnology and six orders of magnitude smaller than nanotechnology.

-Man-made control of earthquakes and tsunamis.

By now, geophysicists have mapped the entirety of the Earth's crust and its faults, extending some 50 km (30 mi) below the surface. Computer simulations can forecast exactly when and where an earthquake will occur and its precise magnitude. With a "scheduling" system now in place, comprehensive preventative measures can be taken against these disasters.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If the world doesn't blow up or everyone doesn't kill themselves I believe there will be a one world government and our future generation will be of 2 classes: the Elite and the Slaves. Humans will be so reliable on technology that no one will know how to communicate with words...possibly telepathy!

But honestly, I hope none of my future bloodlines has to go through Hell...I'd rather the world explode! I'll be one with the universe and at peace before 100 years!! See ya wouldn't wanna be ya!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Can't see how I could add anything to what previous posters have already said......oh wait.....there is one thing:

Robots for everybody!!!

(In 200 years the robots will have taken over, mankind will be destroyed and everything will be peachy.)

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

On the subject of Robots, how long does everyone think it'll be until we do have actual "usefull" robots in our homes?

Futurologists have promised them for decades, but the working practicalities are hard to work out. Also there is the fact that there is a problem with how they look, some robots that have been designed envoke feelings of repulsion due to their creepyness... so not only has a robot got to work fully, they also have to be human like but not in a creepy way!
It takes a lot of work to create something like this, something that works and is also of use in the home. I should imagine that our traditional humanoid robot image that has been portrayed in the past is probably not what we'll end up with.
I would imagine a whole host of specific robots will be created depending on what they need to do. We already have one's that can do the hovering (sp?) of carpets and mowing of lawns.

I would like one that can serve me a beer and do the washing up! Oh wait my girlfriend already does that... lol
edit on 19-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Felicity Shagwell: So Austin tell me about the future.

Austin: Well everyone has their own flying car, entire meals come in pill form, and the Earth is run by DAMN DIRTY APES!

Felicity Shagwell: Oh My God.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
should be quite fantastic if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

It has the potential to be, just as much as the future has the potential to be terrible.

I hope the future is free for all, full of opportunities and fabulous new technology... however at the current rate and the way the governments of the world keep taking away more and more freedoms, apparently to keep us "safe, free and to preserve our way of life", which is blatently not true in any way.

I see struggle, either more control will be slapped on us or we'll break free and have a fantastic future for all mankind.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

the war mongering nations finaly went to far .
and now we the survivors are having to start all over again .

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

It has the potential to be, just as much as the future has the potential to be terrible.

I hope the future is free for all, full of opportunities and fabulous new technology... however at the current rate and the way the governments of the world keep taking away more and more freedoms, apparently to keep us "safe, free and to preserve our way of life", which is blatently not true in any way.

I see struggle, either more control will be slapped on us or we'll break free and have a fantastic future for all mankind.

i know what you mean but we should be long past that by then, lies can only go on for so long...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The struggle and change will happen within 20 years I think.

If the NWO get their way we will have no chance of breaking free of their control, so in 100 years we could be firmly in their grip and the sad thing is the people of 100 years time may not even understand the true meaning of freedom, you do not miss something you've never had.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The struggle and change will happen within 20 years I think.

If the NWO get their way we will have no chance of breaking free of their control, so in 100 years we could be firmly in their grip and the sad thing is the people of 100 years time may not even understand the true meaning of freedom, you do not miss something you've never had.

there are a great deal more decent people on this earth than not and although many seem apathetic towards our current events make no mistake they will stand tall and fight to the end against oppression of that level.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join