It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What about Cthulhu?
It sounds similar to the myth.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

Here's something we hope you'll really like.

Some resemblence to the claw your picture presents Dark. Has this video been debunked ?

What if this is just a baby Cthlulu ? ( If I misspelled it that's ok cause no one can pronounce it anyway )

The fun in this thread is tempting . Emphasis on fun.

Viking
Got to love a thread that gets viking to mention the Bible.

edit on 19-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

I'd imagine it looks a lot like that as long as it's at least a mile wide.
edit on 19-1-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkl0rd
What about Cthulhu?
It sounds similar to the myth.

haha...The Coon and Friends featuring the Dark Lord Cthulhu... i really wish that pic had Cartman dressed as The Coon with it lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
after doing a 'strange noise' search on google trends it turns out that Winnipeg, Canada is the city that most searched for that phrase

Winnipeg has a know masonic lodge.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Monster in the water... seems like a credible and rational conclusion to me.
Second Line

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
WOW! What a story that was.I think it would make a great movie in america.Somehow i cant see a monster sleeping beneath the ice sheets there.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I could live with against creature even one from outer space.

What happens if we unleash bacteria/virus that we have no known immunity from as they are so old?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
my goodness theres a few rudeys on here today huh?

great post! i can see a lot of time effort and thought has went into it, and i like your theory, i dont want to say its not possible cuz lets face it, anything could be down there! guess we will just have to wait and see.

s+f

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
I could live with against creature even one from outer space.

What happens if we unleash bacteria/virus that we have no known immunity from as they are so old?

That was my initial thought,im sure there was a movie with val kilmer released couple years ago i forget the name, and the unearthed a frozen mammoth, that had some sort of bacteria growing on it which spread....THAT would be scarier than a giant monster...least u can run from or kill a monster

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seriously that's pretty ropey sounds like the plot in one of those rubbish monster films when a mountains really a monster dragon snake or whatever.
You should write a screen play an make a for TV film about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There have been a few mystery sounds besides the atmospheric sounds in the last few years.

reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I thought they cannot bore the ice in winter they close up and come back in spring?

The unexplainable sound was detected several times during the summer of 1997, originating off the South American southwest coast at about 50° S 100° W. Each time that it was captured the ultra-low frequency sound rose rapidly in frequency over about one minute, and had sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors from over 3,000 miles away. Perplexed researchers, unable to identify any possible source for the sound, dubbed it “The Bloop.”

www.damninteresting.com...

weird sounds can be heard here
www.sarahsawyer.com...

Can be heard here
www.pmel.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The scientist would be deaf. lol. I've heard the soft rumbling. Me and my families first thought was tornado. So i ran out and looked.... nothing. Then i thought maybe low flying jet. Almost like neverending thunder in all directions. This lake monster seems to be stretching it. I think id believe the air escaping the atmosphere, causing a vacum like sound theory before this one. lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
errm, if some reports are true, then the noise is able to shake houses etc. if so, then wouldn't this creatures icy tomb begin to break apart? surly these scientists would notice a change in the scenery, let alone a roar/grumble that would have to be LOUD at the source if we're hearing it around the world.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This sounds like it would make a really great movie! I would pay to see that in theaters.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think your name is quite quite ironic.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry, the is seriously THE most outlandish thing I have ever read on this site. I honestly cannot believe other ATSers are actually entertaining this notion with logical counterarguments. The most rediculous part of it all is your conviction, you truly believe this to be a possibility. I don't know whether to find that funny or worrisome. I apologize to anyone just getting to know this site, as this thread goes above and beyond the usual speculation on these boards and crosses well into the absurd.
edit on 1/19/12 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If there was a creature that was making sounds loud enough to be heard around the world whenever the scientists were drilling, you'd think since they were right at ground zero they'd put 2 and 2 together and get the hell out of there asap.

Now... A more plausible theory is that the sounds are coming from the masscon, not some gigantic millions-of-years-old creature. Still, it's a huge stretch.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalPriapism
I'm sorry, the is seriously THE most outlandish thing I have ever read on this site. I honestly cannot believe other ATSers are actually entertaining this notion with logical counterarguments. The most rediculous part of it all is your conviction, you truly believe this to be a possibility. I don't know whether to find that funny or worrisome. I apologize to anyone just getting to know this site, as this thread goes above and beyond the usual speculation on these boards and crosses well into the absurd.
edit on 1/19/12 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

I starred your post but I'm sure you know the difference between wading thru mud and swimming in clear waters.
Threads like these are welcome in my view because they safety valve the steam that builds up from some of the desparetly serious threads we see here daily. So I'm sure you've heard the expression before, " Roll with it "
my fellow member. Have some fun once in awhile without being condescending to others that is. Another one,
" Lighten up "

Not that you are being condescending but you know. I know you know.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sadly all I see are a bunch of people who don't know what this site is about. Maybe someone should make up a new site for you callled I'm a debunker dot com. This is a conspiracy theory site for goodness sake so some of you should get over yourselves. If its all too much for you go watch Fox News and be well.

Lake Vostok for you newbies is a topic on ATS just search it. I even commented on one last year saying they need to leave that lake alone. Looks like its already too late.
Didn't we find out there is such a thing as a Giant Squid? Didn't people laugh at that saying all kinds of insulting things? Doesn't that alone prove we shouldn't scoff at such posiblities? IDK, but I still got to check out that exibit on them at the National Aquarium.
Also yes something more massive than a blue whale could produce sounds that could possibly be heard all over the world. A blue whale's song can be heard for up to 500 miles. Now imagine something tons bigger. Oh, and guess what? Why would you believe it's alone?
There are several deep places that have not been explored, Challenger Deep in the Marianas Trench (7 miles deep) proved there is life down there. But they only got a few hours into their exploration when they kicked up the slith on the trench's bottom, obscuring their view - which shows that scientist are capable of the darnest things to defeat themselves huh? lol.
And there is still a lot undiscovered about the giant caverans and possible connections between them. This article, says there are two varying depths to Vostok.

Their measurements also indicate that the lake is divided into two distinct sub basins, separated by a narrow ridge. The water over that ridge is relatively shallow (200 meters or 650 feet deep), as compared to the rest of the lake, where the water ranges from roughly 400 meters [1,300 feet] deep in the northern basin to 800 meters [2,600 feet] deep in the southern. The National Science Foundation (NSF) supported the research.

Other inner earth connections include the Agartha/Hollow Earth Theories. In these theories, can't these underlings come to the surface of the earth through tunnels? Wouldn't that mean that there are places all over the earth that can carry these sounds to various parts of the earth making it seem that they are localized when its possible they aren't?
And don't forget the D.U.M.B.s theory that there are hundreds of very deep underground bases that are interconnected through ancient and man made caverans.
So in short, it is very possible that a huge sound made deep enough could possibly echo carry through chambers of the earth and carry to the surface in many places. Also if this thing and clan were awaken and join in song so to speak, who knows how far it could travel?
More data is needed before this can be dismissed. Thanks for reminding me of Vostok. Even if the sounds are not connected to the Lake Vostok mystery (I read where we are traveling through one of the Milky Way's spiral arms and or the possiblity of going through a magnetic field in space which could make strange sounds), it makes for great reading. And even if we just find our death in disease, its still very exciting to see what disaster man can't wait to bring upon himself.
edit on 19-1-2012 by DaWhiz because: forgot squid. lol

edit on 19-1-2012 by DaWhiz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join